High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite

High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite (http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/index.php)
-   Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches (http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Five bridge descents via Shade riding *VID* (http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59696)

Rockslider 04-05-2011 03:44 PM

Five bridge descents via Shade riding *VID*

To illustrate the Shade riding methods covered in my recent Bridge descent guide, I present BCM33 showing five descents, two of which are dismount variations. There's Banshee tagging too, and a couple of Grunts most definitely stop working - sorry uberfoop. Also available on YouTube. I've also added a little to the relevant guide pages. Bit more text and a few more pics, especially about the dismount variations.

Fixious 04-05-2011 04:39 PM

...the hell is up with that plasma grenade at :38?

Ducain 04-05-2011 05:36 PM

:-) <3 RockSlider.

-=MaToR=- 04-05-2011 06:06 PM

Nice job Rockslider!

I wish you had said in the video which ones are possible only on PAL and which aren't. Because I'm tempted to go and try these but the last time I tried shade-falling off of that bridge it was impossible.

-Mator

Rockslider 04-05-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fixious (Post 847641)
...the hell is up with that plasma grenade at :38?

That pilot was very obliging eh? Should've looked where he was going.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducain (Post 847648)
:-) <3 RockSlider.

Appreciated!

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=MaToR=- (Post 847656)
Nice job Rockslider!

I wish you had said in the video which ones are possible only on PAL and which aren't. Because I'm tempted to go and try these but the last time I tried shade-falling off of that bridge it was impossible.

Thanks, and I'm glad you reminded me about the system issue. I've just added a bit of advice to the vid description on YouTube and my site. The descents on the right are problematic on NTSC and PC. I think all the ones on the left can be done on PC but I'm not sure about NTSC (would like to know!). I wouldn't have wanted this advice in the actual vid though; it wouldn't be in keeping with the style and I don't have the full picture anyway. Better to just refer people to my descent guide for the latest on feasibilty.

uberfoop 04-05-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockslider (Post 847632)
a couple of Grunts most definitely stop working

:)

//=====

Awesome as always, and that early sticky was gorgeous.

grumpy 04-05-2011 11:36 PM

Awesome work as usual, very impressive.

-=MaToR=- 04-06-2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockslider (Post 847681)
Thanks, and I'm glad you reminded me about the system issue. I've just added a bit of advice to the vid description on YouTube and my site. The descents on the right are problematic on NTSC and PC. I think all the ones on the left can be done on PC but I'm not sure about NTSC (would like to know!). I wouldn't have wanted this advice in the actual vid though; it wouldn't be in keeping with the style and I don't have the full picture anyway. Better to just refer people to my descent guide for the latest on feasibilty.

Indeed. An intelligent man thou art!

Thanks.

ViviD 04-06-2011 12:51 PM

Great job, pretty cool. :smile:

Rockslider 04-06-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uberfoop (Post 847686)
Awesome as always, and that early sticky was gorgeous.

Thanks. I did kind of enjoy that stick, heh heh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpy (Post 847714)
Awesome work as usual, very impressive.

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViviD (Post 847846)
Great job, pretty cool. :smile:

Glad you enjoyed it.