High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite

High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite (http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/index.php)
-   Halo 2 Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches (http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   DWT Productions ~ Dementia (http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33809)

Anakade 09-23-2007 05:39 AM

DWT Productions ~ Dementia

*~DWT Productions~*
Presents

.:.Dementia.:.
-----------------------------------------

Welcome to what we believe to be our "Last Halo 2 Video Before Halo 3".
We had a lot of fun with this video, and we hope you all enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it.

This video features some cool stuff we like to do, and some new stuff that is very fun to mess around with.

We appreciate all video comments, except flames, obviously, and we would like to ask that you keep all posts as much on topic as possible.
Please, No "Will Edits" that never get edited.

This video does not contain any Modding, Use of Standby, or Trick Editing, and if you feel that something is amiss, or wish to ask any questions about anything you see here, we would be glad to answer them.

Tutorials will be released as we complete them, so please do not cause any issues over them. There will be both video and text tutorials, so hopefully if you wish to see how something was done, we can try to accomodate you.

If you don't like the music or the editing, we wish that you would kindly keep that to yourself, unless it just absolutely kills your entertainment from the video.

Video Links:
------------
High Res: No Longer Working
Med Res: No Longer Working
Low Res: No Longer Working

Streaming: Link 1 ; Link 2

**There is a slight audio glitch in the High Res version, but we hope that it does not interfere with your viewing experience**

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/4...retlesstb6.jpg

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/892/skullfortur5.jpg

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/9...iturretmf3.jpg

Mr boofass 09-23-2007 05:40 AM

~Reserved For TuTs~

Text Tutorial

This is a very very simple glitch, but can be very very time consuming, unless you get lucky. All you have to do is clone many many oddballs, hundreds...of oddballs. Now, all this does is allows you to de-load objects on the map, but once you get the right amount, and do the necessary thing, you will perform some very cool Glitches. For now, I am just going to list the glitches, and what is needed to perform them, and in what stage they occur.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Q and A
How do you clone oddballs?

1. Get weaponless
2. Throw all the oddballs you have in a corner while holding in the R button
3. Have the host leave
4. When you get out of blue screen, there will be a pile of replicated oddballs in front of you.

Stage 1: This is where you will notice a slight amount of lag when looking at the oddball pile, and some objects of the map will de-load when looking at them from a certain angle.

Stage 2: This is where you will notice a Moderate amount of lag, and most of the objects will de-load. In this stage you can perform these following glitches:

1. Invisible Player - This works best by just having Host die when you have enough oddballs on the map. If done correctly, host will respawn, but remain dead to others.
1a. Automatic Gauss - This occurs when an invisible player enters a gauss turret, and fires while someone is in driver.

2. Zombie - This is done by having a client die, and remaining in a Black "Respawn in 0 Seconds" screen. Though, he will respawn for Host and sometimes other clients. Since he is both dead and alive, the Zombie has only limited animation, and he can only; Move, Turn, Jump, Crouch, and Lower their weapon.

3. Deathcam without Lives - This is a direct variation of the "Zombie" Glitch, but instead of in a Black screen, he has a deathcam where he can see their teammates. The player cannot see himself though, but can still control theirself, so you can create some cool scenes such as the one in Dementia where schmo hovered around Relic.

Stage 3: This stage is apparent when you notice significant amounts of lag, and certain animations becoming delayed. Within this stage you can perform:

1. Invisible Vehicles - This occurs when enough oddballs are on the map to keep the vehicle from respawing, though Host will be able to see it and on rare occasions, a client.
1a. Weaponless - This is done by having host in an invisible vehicle, and pushing "Y".
1b. Infinite Ammo - This is done when Host is in an Invisible vehicle, and shoots, it will continue untill it seemingly runs out of ammo, but when host exits the vehicle, he will have the same amount as when he started, then all he has to do is repeat the process
1c. Instant Replication - This is done by having a client invisible, and having him enter an Invisible Vehicle. Then, anything that is touched by his vehicle, will become instantly replicated.
1d. Teleportation - This is done by having host in an invisible vehicle, and then traveling somewhere and getting out.
1e. Floating - This is done by having host enter an invisible vehicle, and jump continuously. He will then float smoothly until interuption.

Stage 4: You will know that you hit this stage when some projectiles do not appear when shot, and when most of the oddballs dissappear when looking at them.

1. Standing on Turret - This is done by having someone operate the turret, both vehicle and stationary. When done correctly, host will see them or himself floating behind the turret. When done by host, he cannot exit the turret until flipped or gaurdian glitched.

2. Random Time Stoppers - This was not featured in the video, as we could not do it as consistently as we felt needed, but we did do it on a few occasions. We believe that this is mostly done by having host look at the oddball pile, untill the shots are slowed to nearly completely stopped, then having host leave. This worked only a few out of many tries, so there is a variable that we do not yet know.

Stage 5: You hit this stage when you can no longer shoot, throw grenades, or clone anymore oddballs. The glitches performed in this stage are:

1. Weaponless Vehicles - This will just cause any vehicle that respawns, to not have a weapon. If it has a turret, it will be removed, but ghosts and banshees just loose the reticule, and the ability to shoot. When doing this, you must just destroy the vehicles, and if done right, it will respawn without a weapon. Host is the only one that can see the weaponless vehicles.

2. Spawing Weaponless - This is just caused by someone dying, and if enough oddballs are present, they will respawn without a weapon.

*In this stage, you cannot shoot, throw grenades, or clone any oddballs. Player respawns can take up to 25 Minutes, and vehicles respawns can take up to 2 Hours. If you wish to shoot, or throw grenades, you mut remove something from the map, we found that picking up grenades and killing the vehicles before the grenades respawned worked quite well. If you believe something will not respawn, you can destroy or remove stuff from the map untill it does spawn. This varies based on the map, and the number of oddballs needed will be varied aswell.*

Mr boofass 09-23-2007 05:40 AM

Well I had alot of fun with Halo 2 and I truley am sad to say goodbye. I had a ton of fun making this(and maybe some not fun times) and I was glad I could be apart of this. I look forward to glitching in Halo 3 and I think that we did good for a farewell to Halo 2 video. lol. I am in all 3 of those pics.

SCHMO123 09-23-2007 05:43 AM

http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/...d_Res.wmv.html
*Claims all credit for the intro, one clip and most of the music choice*

It's finally out. I have been waiting for this for so long.

I really can't describe how awesome I think this video is. I think this is my favorite video of all time.(Not that I'm biased or anything:p )

This is seriously ground-breaking stuff. I don't want to post any spoilers, so I'll end my post here.

10000000000000000000000000000000000 ^10/10

EDIT:Lawl at ghost deleting my location

Project Zer0 09-23-2007 06:05 AM

I'm downloading right now but my internet at my dads phails so it's gonna take a while.
The pictures look promising so I guess I'll have to be patient, 44 min remaining. >.>

Edit: Finally got to watch it and I'm very impressed.
Finally someone figured out how to make the hog turretless AND driveable.
Invisble players is very cool I have no clue how you guys did that.
Overloading the Zanzibar wheel, I think you guys used oddballs to overload, same for the sniperpod on Relic and the stuff on Gemini, I also think but I'm not 100% sure that the objects were still there but you just couldnt see them.
Ooh yeah, Automatic Gauss is very very cool, I have some thoughts on how to do it but I'm sure my thoughts are way off.
So overall very very impressive, best video you guys ever made and it should be Front Paged.
Now gimme some tuts. :D

Ps. when can we expect some tutorials, I wanna mess with some off your stuff and don't have much time seeing as H3 is just around the corner.

SCHMO123 09-23-2007 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project Zer0
I'm downloading right now but my internet at my dads phails so it's gonna take a while.
The pictures look promising so I guess I'll have to be patient, 44 min remaining. >.>

EDIT: Med res is up, check my post.

Ghost Faction 09-23-2007 06:15 AM

Um... Uh... wtf...

I could only find plausible explainations for a few of those glitches

That is all

CaptainCrunch41 09-23-2007 10:34 AM

i understand invisible players!!! i think.

you did the "reverse replication" and someone is in sideseat, but i could be epic fail.

edit, nvm. watched more of the video.

so far i want tuts for,

-no weapon with no oddball or flag.
-inisivible people.
-turettless hogs snd topless tank
-auto gauss
-3rd person turret

and didnt you guys complete the challenge "Remote control"

Zhimmy 09-23-2007 10:37 AM

Nice vid guys. I want to know how to do some of this, so show me when your on today.
This is the best vid DWT has ever made.
Greats: Drivable turretless warthog, invisable people, cones on secret ledge, oddball fort, and the (correct me if I'm wrong) third person on turret.

I vote FP!

Jex 09-23-2007 10:40 AM

Will editz:

CaptainCrunch41 09-23-2007 10:54 AM

this video was great, ive been very impressed with your videos latley DWT, Haunting II, Xaze II, E.O.A 195, and Dementia were all great videos and i wanted to let you guys know, you have kept this forum alive and im glad you did for it is the end of H2.

and you guys made it go out with a bang.

great job.

gimmie tuts!

ForcefulXCon 09-23-2007 11:01 AM

Umm...
Weow..

At first I was like "LOL its DWT"
And then I was all liek.. "lolwut"

Im baffled.

hoodsome 09-23-2007 11:02 AM

OMFG...lol....LOL...This was fun to do...and plus everyone in this thread so far is like...wtf?....lol ...MAN i love DWT....

Ph yea and i repeat basically everything Schmo said....We have been waiting for this for a long time...and it is finally here....and now halo 3 is just around the corner!

HA!....Melkor didnt even know anything we did...

Gorillaz2189 09-23-2007 11:43 AM

well finally i get to see something after it was kept secret from me for like weeks now.

i love it. fp fo sho.

Jamie Maddrox 09-23-2007 11:52 AM

Not bad,not bad at all
Liked the invis player and the reverse replication
The oddball house is pretty cool as well but its old stuff
Cant wait to see the tut for that hog,because until then you know how everyone will think.
Good job DWT

MelkorTheGreat 09-23-2007 12:03 PM

Sweet....

Edit: Better than Sweet, It's Epicsweet (epicsweet is a word, don't judge me...)

Cha°s 09-23-2007 01:00 PM

Wonderful work DWT, I loved all of it :)

You guys have been great lately.

zmanjr7 09-23-2007 01:00 PM

Cool.

-Zman

ForcefulXCon 09-23-2007 01:04 PM

BTW: DWT, this has earned the honor of going onto my Halo Playlist on my iPod. I hope your lives are complete now, knowing that.

hoodsome 09-23-2007 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForcefulXCon
BTW: DWT, this has earned the honor of going onto my Halo Playlist on my iPod. I hope your lives are complete now, knowing that.

thats what i have been waiting for my whole life...

Actually...if you could make a specific file just under Hoodsome...that would be nice...