High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite

High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite (http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/index.php)
-   Halo 3 Campaign Tricks, Glitches, and Videos (http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   EnsnaredCadaver - Kinesis (http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59224)

JBart 01-06-2011 10:22 PM

EnsnaredCadaver - Kinesis

EnsnaredCadaver - Kinesis

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/821...10112at554.png

Terminal Velocity presents EnsnaredCadaver's solo Halo 3 Campaign Launching video

This is his first Halo 3 Launching video. He uses the gravity hammer expertly to pull off some shenanigans.

Look out for the last launch, pretty great.

Kinesis

Muzza 01-07-2011 07:00 AM

Woooooooooo.

It was OK, but it was missing something that I just can't put my finger on....

TeamAmerica1 01-10-2011 01:15 AM

Hell yeah, that was a sick video. It had a bit of an old-school, relaxed feel to it, yet it was still very solid. I liked the concept of using a gravity hammer to slow down in midair to land on something if you're going too fast, I never thought of that. Great job, hope to see more! Especially in Reach. :smile:

nate pahlow 01-10-2011 08:35 AM

Bro, that was one of the most creative launching videos I've ever seen. When I saw the wraith upside down I was like "Oh god what could he possibly be doing with that"

Why weren't you in Exposure? Hahaha great montage definitely on my favorites! :smile:

I think you should upload this to the Trick Jumping forum...

EnsnaredCadaver 01-10-2011 06:09 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate pahlow (Post 841208)
I think you should upload this to the Trick Jumping forum...

I thought about this, but I wasn't sure if it was allowed since it is a launching video. If anyone could clear is up it would be greatly appreciated.

TeamAmerica1 01-10-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnsnaredCadaver (Post 841244)
I thought about this, but I wasn't sure if it was allowed since it is a launching video. If anyone could clear is up it would be greatly appreciated.

Well, though some of the launches could certainly also be classified as trick jumps, I think it's more centered towards a style of launching, considering the use of vehicles, explosives and gravity hammers to gain the speed. You also geared it toward the style of a launch video, and an impressive one at that.

slYnki 01-11-2011 04:37 PM

I can't believe I almost let this one slip by me! I saw you post this at HSH a few days ago and made a note to watch the video later. I've seen your stuff on HSH and have been very impressed, and I thoroughly enjoyed Gravity = Drag, so I knew this would be good.

I absolutely loved this video. Not just because the launches were great (the launch to the window on Sierra 117 and that banshee wing launch were awesome), but because it gave me the same feeling that the Halo 1 forum does. I haven't paid too much attention to Halo 3 tricking, but when I did it didn't seem like a whole lot was going on. It seemed a little hindered. So to see you tackle a launching video in Halo 3 was very fun.

At first I didn't quite agree with the song, but then it grew on me because it made the feel and pace of the video fantastic. Really fast and intense as launching should be. I also really liked how a few of those launches could be used as potential shortcuts ^_^

The last launch was funny because even though I was looking for the last launch, I didn't expect it. I saw you launching to the middle of that big field and thought to myself, "Well that's lame, he's just launching as far as he can go. Maybe he thought the wraith flip was cool." Then I saw the scarab spawn and was like O_O!

Great stuff, Ensnared!

Xwo 01-12-2011 06:38 AM

You should post this in the JF.

Outstanding video.

Nofirefrog 01-12-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slYnki (Post 841331)
I can't believe I almost let this one slip by me! I saw you post this at HSH a few days ago and made a note to watch the video later. I've seen your stuff on HSH and have been very impressed, and I thoroughly enjoyed Gravity = Drag, so I knew this would be good.

I absolutely loved this video. Not just because the launches were great (the launch to the window on Sierra 117 and that banshee wing launch were awesome), but because it gave me the same feeling that the Halo 1 forum does. I haven't paid too much attention to Halo 3 tricking, but when I did it didn't seem like a whole lot was going on. It seemed a little hindered. So to see you tackle a launching video in Halo 3 was very fun.

At first I didn't quite agree with the song, but then it grew on me because it made the feel and pace of the video fantastic. Really fast and intense as launching should be. I also really liked how a few of those launches could be used as potential shortcuts ^_^

The last launch was funny because even though I was looking for the last launch, I didn't expect it. I saw you launching to the middle of that big field and thought to myself, "Well that's lame, he's just launching as far as he can go. Maybe he thought the wraith flip was cool." Then I saw the scarab spawn and was like O_O!

Great stuff, Ensnared!

Mind jumping into the FP submission forum to give this a bit of a write up so if Duke gets a moment and can just copypaste something super quick? Doesn't have to be long, just... sufficient. Thanks.

Nofirefrog

Cha°s 01-12-2011 09:16 PM

Nice to see a video like this laying around. Very nice work. Makes me actually appreciate H3 launches.

If only you got the scarab to fall on you.

jaggedShrapnel 01-13-2011 11:17 AM

Entertaining video.

Coy o 01-13-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xwo (Post 841395)
You should post this in the JF.

Outstanding video.

I did and it got removed for some reason..

Ignatius 01-14-2011 03:12 AM

Holy schlapskie that scarab thing was froodlenutzkieing amazing. :D

ermine 02-05-2011 04:05 PM

Youtube says: "This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Sorry about that."

Is it possible to watch this somewhere else?

EnsnaredCadaver 02-07-2011 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ermine (Post 843220)
Youtube says: "This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Sorry about that."

Is it possible to watch this somewhere else?

BishopOfAngst captured and edited for me and he signs on sporadically. The next time I speak with him I will have him upload Kinesis and provide a download link here. I have no idea when I will speak with him, so I would like to apologize in advance for any delay.

ermine 02-12-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnsnaredCadaver (Post 843320)
BishopOfAngst captured and edited for me and he signs on sporadically. The next time I speak with him I will have him upload Kinesis and provide a download link here.

That would be great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnsnaredCadaver (Post 843320)
...I would like to apologize in advance for any delay.

No need to apologize for anything:smile: I have all the time in the world.

Muzza 02-13-2011 04:49 AM

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IPT1IE41

I uploaded it to Mega Upload it should work now.

IncrediBill X 02-13-2011 03:52 PM

That was awesome. I don't know how I missed this for so long, but I'm definitely glad I watched it.

ermine 02-19-2011 07:08 AM

Thanks for re-uploading this, I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it! The tricks are awesome - and the filming made it even better. Showing multiple angles always makes the trick look more understandable to me. Perfect, entertainment-wise.

ODST 03-17-2011 01:38 AM

Ensnared is my Halo 3 Campaign hero. <3