High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite

High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite (http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/index.php)
-   Halo 1 and Halo 2 General Discussion (http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Exploring Cairo Station (http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56342)

ODST 03-24-2010 06:33 PM

Exploring Cairo Station

Alrighty, so I went to play some Halo 2, and I decided to explore Cairo Station, on the outside. I've managed to get on top of both the Station AND on top of In Amber Clad. Here's what I need to say:

1. The graphic of the boarding craft is actually hollow. Jump on to it, and you fall right through.

2. On the In Amber Clad, I've gotten all the way to the back, and into the "exhaust pipe." Is this new?

Thanks.
More to come. :)

grumpy 03-24-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODST (Post 799521)
Alrighty, so I went to play some Halo 2, and I decided to explore Cairo Station, on the outside. I've managed to get on top of both the Station AND on top of In Amber Clad. Here's what I need to say:

1. The graphic of the boarding craft is actually hollow. Jump on to it, and you fall right through.

2. On the In Amber Clad, I've gotten all the way to the back, and into the "exhaust pipe." Is this new?

Thanks.
More to come. :)

No, sorry, not new. It will be difficult to find anything new out there. Unless, of course, you get into the cutscene room.

ODST 03-24-2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpy (Post 799535)
No, sorry, not new. It will be difficult to find anything new out there. Unless, of course, you get into the cutscene room.

Any leads so far on how and where the cutscene room is and how to get to it?

grumpy 03-24-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODST (Post 799543)
Any leads so far on how and where the cutscene room is and how to get to it?

Dang, xlax007 and HB looked at the setup it would take but I can't find the thread for it. It would answer your questions and then some.

We know where it is and have put together a model of what it would take but it's not fully complete. It's a murderous setup.

Edit: I looked again and can't find the posts. HB will remember when he comes on.

ODST 03-25-2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpy (Post 799546)
Dang, xlax007 and HB looked at the setup it would take but I can't find the thread for it. It would answer your questions and then some.

We know where it is and have put together a model of what it would take but it's not fully complete. It's a murderous setup.

Edit: I looked again and can't find the posts. HB will remember when he comes on.

Ah, alrighty. It sound very interesting.. this attempt to get into the cutscene room.

HB sa' lamee 03-25-2010 10:15 AM

Ok, if you want to only get to the cutscene room, you can ride an Elite there and jump on the ledge at the cutscene room window.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOlCWj4l4JA
At around 3:00-3:30 I'm looking at the room, so you can get an idea of where it is.
You need some skill to get there, though. You have to be at the limit of the Elite's ability to go sideways without you falling off. It takes quite some time to get there, and in the end you will get nervous so you might miss the jump a couple times.

The theoretical setup would be to ride two Elites down with two players, make a BAW-pile and overload to get a Checkpoint. Sounds simple, but it is not easy at all. Getting down there is really tricky, because the other Elite will shoot your shields down and you can't do anything, because you're ontop of a slowly desending Elite as well. You can't kill him, sincee you need him later for the other guy. Once you finally made it down there, you need to get a CP by overload, which is really random.
I made it down there like 4 times, but I never got a CP.

ODST 03-26-2010 12:54 AM

Ah, I see. Now thats a challenge I'd like to try. :)
Is it not possible to ride that elite towards the room?

grumpy 03-26-2010 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODST (Post 799653)
Ah, I see. Now thats a challenge I'd like to try. :)
Is it not possible to ride that elite towards the room?

Yeah, it's doable but you gotta ride two Elites over there, for the nades (12 minimum).

I guess you could ride all three Elites down if a CP by overload is not possible:
First make sure extra nades are left sitting on the station.

P1 stays on the station and distracts two Elites.
P2 rides one Elite down.
P2 shoots Elite and P1 shoots P2 - 6 nades
P2 spawns on the station and picks up nades.
P2 rides second Elite down.
P2 shoots Elite and P1 shoots P2 - 6 nades (12 total).
P2 spawns and rides third Elite down and waits after killing Elite - 2 nades (maybe shoots pile together and such) - 14 nades total.
P1 nades up to the upper part of the station and tries to find a CP somewhere.

This whole thing depends on getting a CP while one player is standing next to the pile. I think there should be a way of bypassing CP's on the way to the Jetpack Elites, then pick one up at overload or when wandering aimlessly around the station.

So the two alternatives is to ride two Elites down and hope for a CP on overload or ride three Elites down and have one guy wander around the station hoping for a CP that way.

If you ride two Elites down you will only have 8 nades plus 4 that P2 has so P1 has to suicide at that point in order to kill P2 for the last 4 nades. Then it's hope for an overload CP.

HB may have to correct me if I've got it wrong, he's come the closest to getting this done. The model is sound, except for that CP. I guess a guy could experiment and try and see if a CP can be found on the station somewhere and he could do that before any setup. Then, if the experiment works and a CP can be had, you would then have enough confidence to try the whole setup again and save that CP till last.

thenotsogoodtrickster 03-26-2010 07:38 AM

Does hugging a wall and shooting it to commit suicide work down there? I don't know if that's any relevance to this but meh, just trynna help.

I'm saying this because I don't know if you have the range to shoot a teammate from up there while he's on the CS room ledge

grumpy 03-26-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster (Post 799682)
Does hugging a wall and shooting it to commit suicide work down there? I don't know if that's any relevance to this but meh, just trynna help.

I'm saying this because I don't know if you have the range to shoot a teammate from up there while he's on the CS room ledge

Excellent observation, the needler might do the trick for the long shot or bounce the needles off the wall.

grumpy 03-26-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUDD3RS (Post 799778)
For those who don't know, this is Bud. I found a way to get a checkpoint and so far it hasn't failed. The elites are making it hard to get the setup down but I should be able to get the full setup soon.

Awesome, do you get the CP on the ledge or on the station? 'Bout time we got another player to give it a go.

grumpy 03-27-2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUDD3RS (Post 799783)
You can get it anywhere you want. It works on the station and on the ledge.

You sly dog, on the ledge it is then.

HB sa' lamee 03-27-2010 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUDD3RS (Post 799783)
You can get it anywhere you want. It works on the station and on the ledge.

Does it work for you anytime? Besides the attempts on the ledge, I tried about 6 times on other random areas, but I never got a Checkpoint, probably because I use a 360, which reacts differently on overload. Logically, the 360 could resist more overload, but I also heard somehwhere that it's weaker than the original one. In fact, I'm confused.
Do you use a 360 or an original one?
Anyways, I'm confident that you could pull this off.

SRL will get a Box soon, so he can play again, he will come back to tricking probably this summer. I hope we'll get some more of those challenges done, then.

For the setup, you need two people, actually. One who rides the Elite, and the other one to distract the remaining one, it's not enough to just have the other player waiting. You just need to get down there twice, both players with full nades. Xlax has said that 4 Frags and 4 Plasmas have enough power to blast you through the glass (since frags are much stronger). I'll have a look whether I can get through the glass with that ammount of nades somewhere on the station, I'll tell you then.

grumpy 03-27-2010 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee (Post 799834)
Does it work for you anytime? Besides the attempts on the ledge, I tried about 6 times on other random areas, but I never got a Checkpoint, probably because I use a 360, which reacts differently on overload. Logically, the 360 could resist more overload, but I also heard somehwhere that it's weaker than the original one. In fact, I'm confused.
Do you use a 360 or an original one?
Anyways, I'm confident that you could pull this off.

SRL will get a Box soon, so he can play again, he will come back to tricking probably this summer. I hope we'll get some more of those challenges done, then.

For the setup, you need two people, actually. One who rides the Elite, and the other one to distract the remaining one, it's not enough to just have the other player waiting. You just need to get down there twice, both players with full nades. Xlax has said that 4 Frags and 4 Plasmas have enough power to blast you through the glass (since frags are much stronger). I'll have a look whether I can get through the glass with that ammount of nades somewhere on the station, I'll tell you then.

Hot dog, SRL's a comin' back.

Do you mean you would only need to ride down once and then suicide over? 4 frags and 4 stickies only takes one trip, right? Maybe try 4 frags and 3 stickies to practice because you need a fuse.

HB sa' lamee 03-27-2010 03:37 AM

Yep, you ride down once while distracting the remaining Elite, then get the other guy to ride down, so you have two players with full nades down there.
Heck, I have not played for like 4 weeks, I'm out of practise....

grumpy 03-27-2010 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUDD3RS (Post 799840)
I use a 360. The checkpoint has one flaw. If you take too long on the setup it won't trigger. Only riding down two elites will take a lot of time off the setup. How are we going to BAW launch when the grenades are so close to the wall?

The nades will hop after being lit by a fuse. If you can toss the fuse so it knocks them away a little bit from the glass you will have an angle. That and hopping toward the pile and facing toward the glass adds momentum inward, I think.

You should practice a ledge BAW somewhere convenient. HB and X make it look too easy but I bet they had to practice a lot.

HB sa' lamee 03-27-2010 10:56 AM

I tried a ledge BAW in the first dropship room. It's exactly the same ledge as on the outside, which is the same ledge as the one at the cutscene room. I tried with 8 and 16 nades, but I could not get a BAW from the ledge, it's just too small. 16 nades might work if you try long enough, but I don'T think you can get in there with 8, even if you launch for days.

I also BAW launched to one of the other stations. They are way smaller than the main station and unsolid. They are some kind of sky texture, with the same things facing you all the time, so if you approach, they seem to deform.

thenotsogoodtrickster 03-27-2010 12:55 PM

I think I need to study how the BAW works, any links? :D

grumpy 03-27-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster (Post 799867)

BAW archive thread in the H2 forum. Topic post has it all.

Gorillaz2189 03-27-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster (Post 799867)

Here's a link: http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55986