High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite

High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite (http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/index.php)
-   News Submission (http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Most members online over 24 hours record challenge for April 5th (http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59608)

Tech Artist 03-19-2011 03:13 PM

Most members online over 24 hours record challenge for April 5th
 
http://www.highimpacthalo.org/forum/...ad.php?t=59607

Mr. Duke, I think this would be a wonderful idea. It would be awesome if you could announce this but somehow keep the main April 6th thread up on top. Like put this at the bottom of that post perhaps? :smile:

ODST 03-19-2011 04:20 PM

Support. :o

Bob NLD 03-20-2011 05:11 PM

Yes!

7char

Ducain 03-21-2011 10:20 AM

Just as an fyi here. You guys certainly can give this a shot, but you have to realize that even after the forum is locked (no access) the software will continue to generate the users online information. Look at the V2 archive forums as an example.

So if you get a bunch of people online on the last day - cool, but it will continue to generate the users online on a minute by minute basis after that, so that total will always change, even after the freeze.

Now, if you're trying to beat the all time high of 882 or whatever, that's not going to happen. :)

laser 03-21-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducain (Post 846451)
Now, if you're trying to beat the all time high of 882 or whatever, that's not going to happen. :)

sez u!! :biggrin:

EDIT: We're actually only trying to beat the "active over 24 hours" number, which is 227.

Ducain 03-21-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laser (Post 846456)
sez u!! :biggrin:

EDIT: We're actually only trying to beat the "active over 24 hours" number, which is 227.

Right, which is what I'm saying is going to be pointless because 24 hours later it will say something else.

Jay 03-21-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducain (Post 846470)
Right, which is what I'm saying is going to be pointless because 24 hours later it will say something else.

Than fix it as a banner or sumthin :cool:

Ducain 03-21-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 846472)
Than fix it as a banner or sumthin :cool:

We could definitely do something like that, if someone grabs a screenshot. But that will mean someone will have to be standing by snapping screenshots all day long.

Don't get me wrong - not trying to downplay this effort - it's awesome. Just trying to make sure guys aren't setup to be disappointed.

laser 03-21-2011 06:42 PM

Well, we'll certainly have to take screens of the name list, but if we beat the record, the number will stay.

Tech Artist 03-22-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducain (Post 846451)
So if you get a bunch of people online on the last day - cool, but it will continue to generate the users online on a minute by minute basis after that, so that total will always change, even after the freeze.

Dang. He is right, the list keeps changing. Well at least we have the contact thread! We can still beat that one total though and if we beat the other total then well, even better. :biggrin:

ODST 04-01-2011 01:33 AM

Duke, you happen to know the exact time you're freezing HIH?

ferrari 04-05-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODST (Post 847295)
Duke, you happen to know the exact time you're freezing HIH?

This is important. Please tell us.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducain (Post 846473)
We could definitely do something like that, if someone grabs a screenshot. But that will mean someone will have to be standing by snapping screenshots all day long.

Don't get me wrong - not trying to downplay this effort - it's awesome. Just trying to make sure guys aren't setup to be disappointed.

You're teh admin, just make a CRON job to automatically grab a list of everyone online!

Anakade 04-05-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrari (Post 847674)
This is important. Please tell us.

Asked him about it this morning.

Quote:

An exact time? Not really - I'm planning on sometime in afternoon. The reason is that I'll have to do a few things related to the forum first, and it could take me awhile.

Rorcin 04-05-2011 11:08 PM

I love HIH. Thanks for the memories.

Muzza 04-06-2011 03:52 AM

R.I.P HIH

You will be missed.

~Muzza

ferrari 04-06-2011 10:50 AM

N000000000000000000000000

Tech Artist 04-06-2011 02:29 PM

^ We tried.168 is still impressive.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.