Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Reach Forum Halo: Reach General Discussion
Halo: Reach General Discussion For news, updates, and Beta discussion Halo: Reach, the definitive game of the Halo series.
Notices

Old   
Fortune Offline

Send a message via AIM to Fortune
Exclamation Daily/Weekly Challenge Help/Tips - 09-27-2010 , 06:07 PM

Alright guys, sorry if this is a disappointment, but I don't think I'll be able to be updating this every day. And it seems like you all are way ahead of me when it comes to getting tips out, so forgive me for no longer making this topic an ease to check, but the last page of the topic seems to always have tips, and if it doesn't, just ask and either I or another forum member will be able to help. ;)

Again, I apologize, but being busy with a bunch of other things has had me pretty occupied recently. Might be able to get this back up and going sometime, but for now, I'll leave it at this.

OLD POST:

Week of October 11

Your Daily Dose - Complete all of the Daily Challenges for a given day. 2000cR Awarded.

Well hey, this is what this topic is for!

October 17

More than a Handful - Kill 77 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking. 750 cR Awarded.

This one is pretty simple. Just had this challenge 2 days ago too. Just play enough games and you'll get it eventually. SWAT games generally go by faster, and objective games get you more kills/game. Either way, you will get it if you play enough. Really starting to get tired of this challenge... This is the 3rd time they've done it this week...

Pass the Rock - Earn 20 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking. 1000cR Awarded.

Okay, so as many of you have been saying, this challenge is broken. It only counts the assists you get before you die the first time in any game, so this one's going to take a lot of work... Just do your best to get as many as you can while staying alive as long as you can... Make sure to stay away from SWAT and multiteam if you really want to get it and if Bungie hasn't fixed it.

Mostly at Night - Complete Nightfall on legendary without dying. 4000 cR Awarded.

Easiest way to do this: Plug in a second controller and sign it on as a guest, and hide yourself from everything as you play through the level as the guest. Will take some time, but it's completely possible. Had to do this for ONI yesterday. Think they're eventually going to go through every level with these challenges since they've done Winter Contingency, ONI, and now Nightfall, so be prepared...

Textbook001 - Kill 25 enemies with Sniper Rifle headshots in Nightfall on Normal. 700 cR Awarded.

Eeeeeasy stuff. You start off with a ridiculous amount of ammo, so this shouldn't be a problem at all if you know how to snipe. If you can't get it on the first runthrough, just kill this first batch of enemies and just keep reverting, and you'll get it eventually. Protip: If you walk to the first Elite you're supposed to assassinate, you'll get a checkpoint right before you see him. Keep reverting to checkpoint here and you'll get it in no time.

On a sidenote: I really don't think Bungie is being nice with us. They give us a challenge to raise the rank cap, then give us crap Challenges like these to finish to do it? Really?? Definitely should check their broken challenges beforehand too...

Past Challenges:
September:

Week of 9/27:
Weekly Challenge: Legendary Friends: Complete a Campaign mission on legendary in Coop mode. 2500 cR
My method: Using a second controller, I just ran through
Winter Contingency using my guest as a death spawn. Didn't actually end up dying though. Took the far right side to avoid enemies until I got to the truck and drove to clear the landing zone. Took the Falcon, ran around the side and into the building and just waited for Kat to finish, then did the rest normally. Only took about 9:30. Difficulty: 3/10

9/28

SHOOTIN' AND LOOTIN' - 1500 cR
(150 kills in any game mode)

comes together with the rest of the challenges

SURVIVOR - 1200cR

(7 sprees in a single Firefight game)

Play a game of Score Attack (Gruntpocalypse should be fairly easy)

Weapon sprees also count, so pick the shotgun right away, make 15 grunt-kills and you should already have 4/7 sprees. Kill another 25 enemies after that without dying and you should be done. A killing spree takes 10 kills.

PUT YOUR QUARTER UP - 1000cR

(Complete 10 games in multiplayer Matchmaking)

Should be self-explanatory. No need to even win the games, just take part.

CLOSE TALKING - 600cR

(Earn 40 kills with close quarters combat in multiplayer Matchmaking)

While you are playing those 10 games for the previous challenge you can as well just go for this one. I don't know if sword or hammer kills will count (probably not), but assassinations and single-hit beatdowns from behind do!

Play Multi Team and you will be able to get a looooot of assassinations if you are an intermediate to good player.

EDIT: Obviously shotgun and sword kills as well as hammer kills do all count for this one.

CREDIT FOR 9/28:
lagg0r

9/29

MORE THAN A HANDFUL - 750cR
(kill 77 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking)

You'll probably get this the fastest way in Rumble Pit since you actually need to have 25 kills to win the Slayer games, but games like Headhunter or Oddball can take forever too and you can make a lot of kills during these, because everybody will mostly ignore you to rush to certain spots (the oddball itself for example)

ON TILT - 500cR

(complete a campaign mission with the Tilt skull turned on on Heroic or Legendary)

Winter Contingency would be by far the easiest for this one. Rush through the entire map until you have to defend the marines, secure the landing zone, fly along with the falcon and just wait inside the room for Kat to lock the door (you don't even need to fight the enemies at either spot, the other Spartans will do)

After following the elites, grab a DMR from the wall next to you, kill the grunts and jackals with grenades/headshots and grab the first plasma pistol you can get hold of for taking out the elites shields (Tilt will make shielded opponents almost invulnerable to human projectiles). The very last elite with the sword will need 2 fully charged plasma pistol shots until the shield will drop (even on Heroic) - be warned.
Took me ~18 minutes because of all the waiting sequences.

MULTIPLIER - 1200cR

(Earn 5 multikills in a single multiplayer Matchmaking game)

This is a tough one. You'll probably want to go for a game of SWAT, although this would still be pretty hard if you are an average gamer. All I can say for sure is that if you for example get an Overkill (4 kills) it will count for 3 / 5 multikills because it has 3 multikill medals in it (double, triple and overkill). The only helpful thing to say to this one is "Aim for the head!" and "Don't assassinate people." (Assassinations take too long to fit into the 3 seconds and also you are very vulnerable to anything that's coming near you. Only a quick tap on the B-button can help here -> you will only assassinate a person the oldschool way and not perform one of those style-assassinations) I'd prefer the Multi Team playlist or Rumble Pit.

OOPS! ALL KILLS - 777cR

(Earn 7 multikills in multiplayer Matchmaking)

Should go well together with the challenge above. This one counts all the games you do on this very day, so there is not a lot of pressure. A double kill in this game, a triple in another and after some games you should be done with it. (probably even before you will reach the 77 multiplayer kills)

CREDIT: lagg0r

9/30

ONE SPARTAN ARMY 2000 Cr
Kill 400 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

-Easy, just play 4 good rounds of Gruntpacolypse or whatever you choose. Depending on ability you should get this pretty easily.

BE THEIR HUCKLEBERRY 900 Cr
Kill 40 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with the pistol.

-If you do Gruntpacolypse just kill any close Grunt with your pistol then go back to DMR. Depending on how close you let them get it might take all 4 games or just 1.

GOING OUTPOST-AL 800 Cr
Kill 100 enemies on Outpost on Heroic in Firefight Matchmaking.

-Depending on skill you could do just 1 game of Gruntpacolypse here or 1 Crashsite and get it, but it will probably take a couple games.

BULLETPROOF 450 Cr
Complete 1 round in a Firefight Matchmaking game without dying.

-Okay, it was changed to just 1 round, so complete a game Gruntpacolypse without dying and you'll get it

Credit: Man Demon

October

Week of September 27 - cont.

10/1

Gunslinger: Kill 75 players in multiplayer Matchmaking. 750cR.

Pretty simple. Just play and you'll get it eventually! Recommend playing Invasion. Tend to get a bunch of kills each game, especially in Invasion Slayer.

A Great Friend:
Earn 30 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking. 1200cR.

This one's a bit harder. Just have to make sure people steal your kills. Simple answer: play Multi Team! Just yesterday while playing I managed to get somewhere around 40 assists doing nothing special. Actually was starting to annoy me a bit, but oh well. Wish those all counted for today...

Double Nickels:
Earn 2 killing sprees in a multiplayer Matchmaking game. 1000cR
Just try to get 5 kills without dying. When you do, just die, and try again. The longer the game, the better.

The Love of the Game
: Complete 17 games in multiplayer Matchmaking. 2500cR.

Just play! It'll take awhile, but you'll get it eventually. Came to find that Team Objective games are probably the fastest. Especially 1-Flag matches if your team is good enough.

10/2

Shootin' and Lootin': Kill 250 enemies in any game mode in Reach. 2500cR

Hey, we've seen this before. Answer: Gruntpocalypse.

One Spartan Army:
Kill 100 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking. 1000 cR

Didn't they just do this three days ago? Answer again: Gruntpocalypse.

Storm's Comin':
Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic or harder with Mythic and Thunderstorm on. 750 cR

This one's really not so hard if you know how to beat Winter Contingency easily. Rush around the outside until you get to the Covie dropships, take the transport, run around through the door to your left once you land, jump through the door Kat's closing, pick them off, wait, continue level normally. Pretty simple.

Cook em' Clean em'!: Kill 5 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking while you're jet-packing. 700 cR

Self explanatory. Just try to avoid any Pro, SWAT, and Invasion and just have at it. Should get it in a single game.

10/3

Gunslinger: Kill 100 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking. 1000cR

Could take you a little while, depending on your skill level, but just fire up a few games of multi-team or big team battle. You should get it in no time.

Covenant-cide: Kill 60 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking. 500 cR

Extremely easy. One game of gruntpacolypse should net you this.

Mythic Evasion: Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic or harder with Tough Luck and Mythic on. 750 cR

Nearly identical to yesterday's challenge. This one's really not so hard if you know how to beat Winter Contingency easily. Rush around the outside until you get to the Covie dropships, take the transport, run around through the door to your left once you land, jump through the door Kat's closing, pick them off, wait, continue level normally. Pretty simple.

Katanarama: Kill 5 enemies using the energy sword in Firefight Matchmaking. 1200 cR

This one was a little bit tricky. The way I did it was I played Score Attack (the actual gametype) and waited until the last round when there are elites with swords. Then, I killed one of the ones with swords first, then just took out the others with it. You could probably just do it in the actual four player Firefight matchmaking too.
ProTip for the Katanarama: Some maps don't have Elites with swords (Outpost being one). However, one map that definitely drops elites with swords is Holdout. Also, they typically drop five elites at the end, so you either have to do it twice, or leave some enemies from the previous round. I would suggest going with the latter.

Week of October 4
:

Weekly Challenge: Like a Record, Baby: Complete 50 rounds in Firefight Matchmaking. 3000 cR

Well look at that. Bungie's cutting cR gain for Gruntpocalypse, but they're encouraging you to start playing it more? Stange. To get this, you can play anything you want really. You have a week to do it, so it's not like speed is really important here.

10/4

One Spartan Army: Kill 150 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking. 1500 cR

Really?? AGAIN?! Once again, answer: Gruntpocalypse.

Support Structure:
Earn 30 assists in Firefight Matchmaking. 600 cR

Personally, I really don't think this challenge is worth it. Way too many assists for such a small amount of cR. To get it though, play normal Firefight with a friend and just shoot, but let him/her kill them.

Flat Tire:
Kill 3 enemy vehicles in Firefight Matchmaking. 300 cR

Actually fairly easy. Try getting Rocketfight at Corvette. I believe there are actually 3 different rounds in one game where the dropship brings in a Wraith. Only takes 2 shots to kill. If someone knows any other levels where this is easier, please let me know!

Participation Counts:
Complete 3 games in multiplayer Matchmaing. 300 cR

Self-explanatory. Won't take you long no matter what you do...

10/5

Shootin' and Lootin': Kill 150 enemies in any game mode in Reach. 1500 cR

Seen this one before. Gruntpocalypse. Or Campain if you're choosing to do the last challenge. Either way, not too difficult at all.

Gunslinger: Kill 40 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking. 400 cR

Not incredibly difficult. Just takes a few games of slayer and you should be set. Invasion or BTB slayer could even be easier.

Iron with Friends: Complete a Campaign mission co-op on Heroic or harder with the Iron skull on. 750 cR

Winter Contingency. Easiest level to do this on. I haven't died once playing this level on even legendary with a few skulls on. Can avoid MOST of the battles by running around them. Simple way to do this is to just sign in a second controller and play through it by yourself. Did this with last week's weekly challenge and got it in about 10 minutes.

There are Many
Like...: Kill 100 enemies with precision weapons in the campain today. 1000 cR

Wow. Quite a lot of cR for a simple task. DMR ftw! Start at checkpoint Alpha on Winter Contingency and you'll be fine. You're given a DMR through Ordinance at that point, so you should be set!

10/6

A Great Friend: Earn 30 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking. 2000 cR

Finally starting to give out a decent amount of credits for this! Thank you, Bungie. But anyway, this one might take you a little while. If you play more objective games, this does seem to happen faster, at least it has for me in the past.

Blastin' and Relaxin': Kill 180 enemies in any game mode in Reach. 2000 cR

*Yaayyyy!!!* Get the hint? Gruntpocalypse! Will take less than 2 full games.

Be Vigilant: Score 10,000 points in any Campaign mission without dying. 1200 cR

Okay, now this may seem hard, but if you've been paying attention to this thread long enough, you know exactly what level to do this on. Just put it on Heroic and turn a few skulls on that won't completely challenge it (like Mythic, Thunderstorm, Black Eye...), and just go through it. Definitely turn Iron on. You don't even need to worry about dying, right?

Now I have a Machine Gun: Earn 30 kills with automatic weapons in multiplayer Matchmaking. 800 cR

Objective games! Seem to find them starting you off with an assault rifle more than anything else. Also: stay away from Pro gametypes or SWAT. Obviously won't see any automatic weapons there...

10/7

Shootin' and lootin': Kill 250 enemies in any game mode in Reach. 2500 cR

Ooooonce again. Gruntpocalypse!

One Spartan Army:
Kill 150 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking. 1500 cR

Another repeat. And again, Gruntpocalypse!!

Heroic Overwatch:
Kill 50 enemies on Overwatch on Heroic in Firefight Matchmaking. 600 cR

AGAIN! Gruntpocalypse!!!!!!! Just keep skipping until you get to Overwatch.

Points, Points:
Score 10,000 points in a Firefight Matchmaking game. 1000 cR

Ok, I think you guys get it... Just keep playing until you score over 10,000. Might get it on your first try. Shouldn't be too hard.

10/8

Gunslinger: Kill 150 enemies in multiplayer matchmaking. 1500 cR

Straight forward. Grind them out in any online competitive playlist.

A Great Friend: Earn 40 assists today in multiplayer matchmaking. 1500 cR

Also fairly straight forward. I still recommend multi team for getting assists. Hurl lots of nades, brawl a lot with melee and you should get a handful each game. Running around with the plasma pistol in Elite Slayer can net quite a few too. ;P

Tough Luck... On: Complete a campaign mission on Heroic or harder with the tough luck skull on. 1000 cR

Probably quickest and easiest on Winter Contingency. Just run past everything til defending evac, mop up the grunts and elites quickly, wait for Kat to close door, finish up. Success.

Freelancing: Earn at least 23 kills in a multiplayer matchmaking game. 1700 cR

Really the only semi-difficult challenge today. Shouldn't be too bad in a game of multi team, or even BTB if you get the wraith. All 23 kills must be done in one game.

Credit: Munsie

10/9

Shootin' and Lootin' - 4000 Cr
Kill 400 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Score attack, just play 4 games all the way through for 120 kills a piece. OR, if you're lazy, you can do the ONI Swordbase boost and get it in no time. More credits netted doing Gruntpocalypse though.

A Great Friend - 900 Cr
Earn 15 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Multi-Team or any other method you've been using for these. Multi-Team has worked best for me. Usually get around 8-10 assists each game.

Three Dog Fight - 750 Cr
Earn a Triple Kill in multiplayer Matchmaking

SWAT is a good gametype for this since there are no shields. Also found that Multi-Team is good for this as well. Just spam grenades like crazy and you'll get it eventually. I got it my first game.

Came From Behind - 750 Cr
Assassinate 2 enemies in a single multiplayer matchmaking game.

Again SWAT or any gametype with no radar. Multi-Team again is a good gametype for this as well, since so much is going on you can just sneak up behind someone in the middle of a fight and get the assassination

Credit: Repivemag/Fortune

10/10

Where There's Smoke... - 500cR
Kill 50 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

Simple! You'll get this about half way through a game of Gruntpocalypse.

Fire When Ready - 500cR
Kill 50 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Just play until you get it. Nothing really too special. Playing Objective will get you more kills/game though.

It was the Winter... - 3000cR
Complete Winter Contingency on legendary without dying.

Hey look guys! It's our favorite level! and 3000cR for just doing what we've been doing for weeks?? Win. Just play through the level normally, and just walk around the first part of the level, get to the truck, drive it past everything down to the Marine squad, kill the 3 waves that come, take the transport, get dropped off, take a left into the building and around into where Kat is, pick off enemies until she finishes, go in, finish the level normally. Simple.
Pro Tip: Also, if you fail, (for instance, I died at the sword elite because he rushed me) you can do the cutscene glitch (press the button at the end, wait 3 seconds, pause, save/quit), then reload it, and you'll get it. Just thought about trying it (you know, why not?) and it worked!

There Are Many Like...
- 500cR
Kill 50 enemies with precision weapons in the Campaign today.

There are a few ways to do this. Honestly think the fastest way to do this is to start Winter Contingency at Alpha and kill off the waves that come then just revert to checkpoint before the transport gets there. Won't really take long doing anything different though.

Week of October 11

Weekly Challenge: Your Daily Dose - 2000cR
Complete all of the Daily Challenges for a given day.

Well hey, this is what this topic is for!

10/11

More than a handful - 750cR
Kill 77 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Not really too difficult. Just play enough and you'll get it eventually. Objective gametypes generally net you more kills/game.

One Spartan Army - 1000cR
Kill 100 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

One game of Gruntpocalypse will get you this.

Roast 'em Toast 'em - 600cR
Kill 10 enemies while jet-packing in Exodus on Normal.

Just start off the level from rally point Alpha and just keep repeating the level until you get it. Note: You only get a kill that counts if you're holding down RB to jet-pack. Make sure you do so for each kill.

The T.G. Opposition - 600cR
Kill 40 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with the Shotgun.
Play normal Score Attack and pick Operator. The first few waves are only Grunts and Jackals, so you should be fine.
Pretty self-explanatory otherwise.

10/12

Shootin' and Lootin' - Kill 150 enemies in any game mode in Reach. 1500cR Awarded.

Once again, this challenge isn't very hard to get. Just play one round of Gruntpocalypse, then you'll get it either by doing this after Return of the Mack, or do Return of the Mack after this.

Return of the Mack - Kill 50 Elites in Campaign today on Normal or harder. 3000cR Awarded.

There are a few ways to do this challenge. You can either do it the ONI Sword Base boosting method, or start Night of Solace at Bravo and kill all the Elites in the Corvette, then restart level until you get it. Could be lucky like I was the first time this challenge was up and got a checkpoint right before killing one. Just pay attention to when it gives you a checkpoint and that might make this go faster. Either way it shouldn't take long.

Above the Law - Complete a Round in Firefight Matchmaking without dying. 500cR Awarded.

If you've played enough Gruntpocalypse, you know this shouldn't be too hard at all. Just play Corvette and pay attention for fuel rod guns. Easily the biggest killer in Gruntpocalypse. Shouldn't be too hard still. I'm almost at my Perfection commendation otherwise.

Home Field Advantage - Win 7 games in multiplayer Matchmaking. 1400cR Awarded.

Play. Play. Play. Will take some time, but if you have a good enough team together, this shouldn't be difficult at all.

10/13

Fire When Ready - Kill 30 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking. 300 cR Awarded.

Just play a few games and you'll most likely get this. Again, objective games generally get you more kills/game.

Just a Shower - Complete any Campaign mission on Normal or harder with Thunderstorm on. 2000 cR Awarded.

Yay for another run through Winter Contingency! Definitely shouldn't be hard at all doing the run around method. Especially seeing as it only has to be on Normal. Easiest 2000 cR in awhile...

Heroic Demon - Kill 20 Elites in Firefight Matchmaking on Heroic or harder. 2000 cR Awarded.

Don't let the whole "Heroic or harder" thing throw you off. Firefight Matchmaking is always on Heroic. But anyways, just play normal score attack and try to get on Corvette as much as possible until you have killed enough. Might take a little while because there aren't ever too many Elites, but it's not too difficult.

Headshot Honcho - Kill 11 enemies with headshots in a multiplayer Matchmaking game. 1100 cR Awarded.

SWAT! SWAT! SWAT! SWAT! Do I make myself clear?

10/14

More than a Handful - Kill 77 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking. 750 cR Awarded.

This one is pretty simple. Just had this challenge 2 days ago too. Just play enough games and you'll get it eventually. SWAT games generally go by faster, and objective games get you more kills/game. Either way, you will get it if you play enough.

One Spartan Army - Kill 250 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking. 2500 cR Awarded.

Gruntpocalypse Score Attack is definitely the way to go for this. 120 kills/game (as long as they don't commit suicide), so you'll get it right during the middle of the 1st wave of your 3rd game. Keep voting None of the Above until you get Corvette. I've been able to get my games down to about 5:30 from playing it enough, so it won't take too long.

Hyper Lethal Vector - Kill 100 enemies with headshots in Firefight Matchmaking. 2000 cR Awarded.

Again, go with Gruntpocalypse Score Attack with this one. Since Grunt Birthday Party is on, I swear it motivates you to get more headshots. You should get this in your first game, but if you don't, you'll still be playing a couple more for the previous challenge, so this should be no problem.

Blast Radius - Kill 30 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with grenades. 600 cR Awarded.

My method of doing this was during my second or third game of Gruntpocalypse after getting One Spartan Army and Hyper lethal Vector, I started using as many grenades as I possibly could to get as many kills as possible. You don't have to worry about dying since you have 10 lives, so if you run out of grenades and can't find any anywhere, just let them kill you and just keep chuckin' 'em. Might take a little while since they dodge grenades like no other, but you'll probably get some decent multikills if you catch them in big groups.

Hope this helps you credit hunters! I'll try to update this thread daily for challenges, but I might not be able to everyday, so feel free to throw in any ideas. Just please try to keep it organized!
-Fortune

Last edited by Fortune; 10-25-2010 at 01:45 PM. .

Old   
Phasmorphage Offline
Just assume I'm drunk

09-28-2010 , 12:24 AM

this is a pretty awesome idea for a thread. I like.

So long as we get it updated consistently. You don't have to type everything out yourself, but I'm sure people will contribute their ideas

Old   
harrybob22 Offline

09-28-2010 , 02:10 AM

I really dig this idea, the only problem is most of the dailies are not really worth going out of your way for them unless you just happen to get them in the playlist your are already playing. I honestly think they should double all of the rewards from challenges. Along with the fact that the firs weekly (that lasted like 3 days) was to complete the campaign and you only got 5000. Overall not worth it, however a nice edition to those who beat it off the bat.

Old   
Fortune Offline

09-28-2010 , 02:50 AM

Guess after so long I'll shorten up the descriptions or even just omit some of the more obvious ones. Maybe even have just a general way to get the "Kill X amount of enemies in any game mode," ones, because honestly, Gruntpocalypse is the answer to all of those.

Old   
The Voice Of Truth Offline

09-28-2010 , 06:10 AM

I think this is a great idea for a thread, but to be good I think, it would need to be stickied and have moderators keeping track of it, so they can edit/add stuff when you're not available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrybob22 View Post
I really dig this idea, the only problem is most of the dailies are not really worth going out of your way for them unless you just happen to get them in the playlist your are already playing. I honestly think they should double all of the rewards from challenges. Along with the fact that the firs weekly (that lasted like 3 days) was to complete the campaign and you only got 5000. Overall not worth it, however a nice edition to those who beat it off the bat.
The credits were just a bonus in my mind, besides, how dare someone play anything else before the campaign was complete! It really isn't that many credits though.

This week's challenge was beating a single campaign level on Legendary, I got it within 30 mins of seeing it, not really worth a whole week just sitting there you know?

Old   
Munsie Offline

09-28-2010 , 07:46 AM

Aha, yeah. Campaign on Heroic and Play 30 Matches were both actually week-long experiences for some people... A level of Legendary can be done in a quarter of an hour. :P

Perhaps the thread should be organized into two sections. Firstly, the best method to get each type of challenge. So the best method for killing elites in campaigns, grunts in campaigns, elites in FF, grunts in FF, x weapon kill in x gametype, etc. Then secondly, a log of all the daily/weekly challenges (hopefully updated each morning lol). That way you could boot up Reach, realize there are challenges you're not sure of the best way to get, hop on HIH. Simply look at log, match with best method in thread and voila you did it.

Just a thought. :)

Old   
Lagg0r Offline
I can has sooperbounces?

Send a message via ICQ to Lagg0rSend a message via Skype™ to Lagg0r
09-28-2010 , 08:12 AM

28th of September

Daily Challenges:

SHOOTIN' AND LOOTIN' - 1500 cR
(150 kills in any game mode)

comes together with the rest of the challenges

SURVIVOR - 1200cR
(7 sprees in a single Firefight game)

Play a game of Score Attack (Gruntpocalypse should be fairly easy)
Weapon sprees also count, so pick the shotgun right away, make 15 grunt-kills and you should already have 4/7 sprees. Kill another 25 enemies after that without dying and you should be done. A killing spree takes 10 kills.

PUT YOUR QUARTER UP - 1000cR
(Complete 10 games in multiplayer Matchmaking)

Should be self-explanatory. No need to even win the games, just take part.

CLOSE TALKING - 600cR
(Earn 40 kills with close quarters combat in multiplayer Matchmaking)

While you are playing those 10 games for the previous challenge you can as well just go for this one. I don't know if sword or hammer kills will count (probably not), but assassinations and single-hit beatdowns from behind do!
Play Multi Team and you will be able to get a looooot of assassinations if you are an intermediate to good player.

EDIT: Obviously shotgun and sword kills as well as hammer kills do all count for this one.

That's it for today, have fun :)

Last edited by Lagg0r; 09-28-2010 at 10:37 AM. .

Old   
BierWiser Offline
BierWiser

Send a message via AIM to BierWiserSend a message via MSN to BierWiser
10-01-2010 , 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
The Love of the Game: Complete 17 games in multiplayer Matchmaking. 2500cR.

Just play! It'll take awhile, but you'll get it eventually. Came to find that Team Objective games are probably the fastest. Especially 1-Flag matches if your team is good enough.
Just wanted to mention something. If you absolutely must play a slayer game, go into Big Team Battle. It's double the players without doubling the score to win (4v4 goes to 50 while 8v8 goes to 75). This makes the games go by faster and allows you a chance for the two Killing Sprees. Too bad I got a Killing Frenzy in Doubles Arena and that doesn't count.

Old   
repivemag Offline

Send a message via MSN to repivemag
10-02-2010 , 04:26 AM

Is it just me or does it seem the Challenges have a pattern or at least the Daily ones. One Day is Matchmaking, Next is Firefight, Then a Mix of the Two, Repeat.

Old   
Fortune Offline

10-02-2010 , 01:02 PM

Don't forget campaign challenges thrown in here and there.

Starting to see some repeats... Yawn... Updated OP with today's challenges.

Old   
synthysteel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to synthysteel
10-03-2010 , 12:26 AM

You get jetpacks in invasion so you could play that for the jetpack challenge.

Old   
Fortune Offline

10-03-2010 , 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthysteel View Post
You get jetpacks in invasion so you could play that for the jetpack challenge.
True, but you have to wait a few waves until you get it. Unless you play Invasion a lot and don't care how long it takes to get it, that works. Just going for the quickest methods is all.

Old   
JTuck Offline

10-03-2010 , 10:59 PM

Well, I know it is a little bit late for this, but I figured that y'all wanted to keep all of these up-to-date, so here are today's challenges:

October 3

Gunslinger:
Kill 100 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking
. 1000cR

Could take you a little while, depending on your skill level, but just fire up a few games of multi-team or big team battle. You should get it in no time.

Covenant-cide: Kill 60 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking. 500 cR

Extremely easy. One game of gruntpacolypse should net you this.

Mythic Evasion: Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic or harder with Tough Luck and Mythic on. 750 cR

Nearly identical to yesterday's challenge. This one's really not so hard if you know how to beat Winter Contingency easily. Rush around the outside until you get to the Covie dropships, take the transport, run around through the door to your left once you land, jump through the door Kat's closing, pick them off, wait, continue level normally. Pretty simple.

Katanarama: Kill 5 enemies using the energy sword in Firefight Matchmaking. 1200 cR

This one was a little bit tricky. The way I did it was I played Score Attack (the actual gametype) and waited until the last round when there are elites with swords. Then, I killed one of the ones with swords first, then just took out the others with it. You could probably just do it in the actual four player Firefight matchmaking too.

I figured that there would be a new weekly challenge today, but now I assume they just wait until Mondays to update that.

Old   
Fortune Offline

10-03-2010 , 11:10 PM

Ah, thank you JTuck... Sorry guys, I've been gone all day so I haven't been able to update this at all. When I was about to, I honestly didn't know what to do to get the last challenge, so the tip definitely helped me! Thanks! OP updated.

Old   
JTuck Offline

10-03-2010 , 11:23 PM

ProTip for the Katanarama (you may want to add this): Some maps don't have Elites with swords (Outpost being one). However, one map that definitely drops elites with swords is Holdout. Also, they typically drop five elites at the end, so you either have to do it twice, or leave some enemies from the previous round. I would suggest going with the latter.

Old   
Fortune Offline

10-05-2010 , 05:00 PM

Updated.

Challenges are starting to get boring.

Old   
Phasmorphage Offline
Just assume I'm drunk

10-07-2010 , 05:47 PM

holy schlapskie you can do all of todays challenges in one go

Old   
Munsie Offline

10-08-2010 , 07:25 AM

Gunslinger - 1500 Cr
Kill 150 enemies in multiplayer matchmaking.

Straight forward. Grind them out in any online competitive playlist.

A Great Friend - 1500 Cr
Earn 40 assists today in multiplayer matchmaking.

Also fairly straight forward. I still recommend multi team for getting assists. Hurl lots of nades, brawl a lot with melee and you should get a handful each game. Running around with the plasma pistol in Elite Slayer can net quite a few too. ;P

Tough Luck... On - 1000 Cr
Complete a campaign mission on Heroic or harder with the tough luck skull on.

Probably quickest and easiest on Winter Contingency. Just run past everything til defending evac, mop up the grunts and elites quickly, wait for Kat to close door, finish up. Success.

Freelancing - 1700 Cr
Earn at least 23 kills in a multiplayer matchmaking game.

Really the only semi-difficult challenge today. Shouldn't be too bad in a game of multi team, or even BTB if you get the wraith. All 23 kills must be done in one game.

Old   
repivemag Offline

Send a message via MSN to repivemag
10-09-2010 , 01:32 PM

New Daily Challenges:

Shootin' and Lootin'-400 Cr
Kill 400 enemies in any game mode in Reach.
Score attack, just play 4 games all the way through for 120 kills a piece.

A Great Friend-900 Cr
Earn 15 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.
Multi-Team or any other method you've been using for these.

Three Dog Fight-750 Cr
Earn a Triple Kill in multiplayer Matchmaking
SWAT is a good gametype for this since there are no shields.

Came From Behind-750 Cr
Assassinate 2 enemies in a single multiplayer matchmaking game.
Again SWAT or any gametype with no radar.

Old   
Munsie Offline

10-09-2010 , 01:34 PM

I prefer multi team oddball/koth for assassinations. People get tunnel vision very easily. :)

Today's challenges were a good batch I suppose, got a Killtacular in my first game of the day so it was downhill from there.