Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches
Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 1 only can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

A Tower To Tower Attempt Video - 01-01-2011 , 12:07 AM

As I said in my second christmas variety video thread, I'd be releasing my most recent tower to tower attempt for a new years video. It's not quite the new year yet, but I figure it's close enough, so here's the video :P

Streaming:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwFKrDFoNVM

Download:
http://rapidshare.com/files/443353084/Tower2Tower.wmv

I tried setting up the "launching warthog" a little differently than I normally do. I got some decently close attempts with it, but ultimately I came up short. Even so, I know people like seeing this challenge attempted, so I hope you all enjoy my attempt video, and I hope it inspires some of you to fire up your xboxes and take a crack at this.

Happy new year, everyone.

http://comicflop.blogspot.com/

My comedy blog. Under construction.

Last edited by slYnki; 01-19-2011 at 01:30 AM. .

Old   
Angels Of Chaos Offline

01-01-2011 , 01:43 AM

Good try :P. Fun watch!

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

01-01-2011 , 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels Of Chaos View Post
Good try :P. Fun watch!
Thanks ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy
Damnation that's a tough trick. Even though it's extremely hard to do, the mental aspect is even harder. I mean, how long can a person keep at that before going insane?

I can only think of one thing in H2 that would be harder than that, but it's not a trick and may be impossible. My hat is off to anyone who tries t2t so slYnki, kudos to you for trying. Maybe someday it'll be done but it's hard to imagine.
Actually, the trick is quite satisfying to attempt over and over, and it doesn't even take very long to set up. It's really easy when you know exactly what you're doing. I took my time with this particular set up, so I ended up picking away at it over 6 or 7 hours or something. If I worked at it non-stop I could have had it all set up within 3 hours. So it's not too too painful. The final launch is the only killer part, though I only get disheartened when I come up short. If I come reasonably close like I did in this attempt, I'm happy.

Thanks, grumpster. It will be completed one day. It has to be. After all the work everyone put into this challenge, it'd be a shame for it to beat us. Out of curiousity, what is this impossible not-trick in Halo 2? =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotsofLuck
I know I might be sounding like a broken record, but has anyone tried launching using the "Super Long Jump" from Dark Helmet?

Very Impressive slYnki. I think it's only a matter of time before someone nails this.
Yeah, many people have used that launching method. I never got very good results with it. The method I use, I would say is the best and most practical. Glad you liked the vid, Lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Starr
Great job with the editing, liked the presentation a lot!

Didn't really see anything in your setup that I would personally use, but you did inspire me to give it another go. I really want to give it another shot now. I'll post a web cam link like I did last time, I think people really liked that. I do have some school stuff I have to finish by the 7th, but I think I can squeeze some time in before that.

I'm going to record with the DVD Recorder I've been using, and I managed to fix my desktop PC so I can use my capture card to stream the video like I did last time. =D

Yeah I've tried a bunch of methods on top of the tower. TBH I think DH's method works better than the launch in BlueDevils T2T video. The best one I've tried however is the one slYnki was doing in the video. I think he might have had his nade pile to close to the hog though, which made him go too high. =/
Starr! I was hoping to see you comment :D

Glad you liked the editing. I do so love my little a/v syncs. The first song was especially good for them.

I'm surprised you didn't see anything in my set up that you would use in yours. My way of setting it all up is actually ridiculously fast and extremely consistant. The all plasma grenade pile on the tower may not be to your liking, but I would recommend using my launch method to get on top of the tower. You survive the launch almost every time, and you get a lot more height out of it. For most of these launches I used just 5 grenades to get on top of the tower. If I set up on the hill side tower, that could probably go down to just 4.

Also, balancing the hog is a good idea. Gives you a higher "wall" to aim at rather than just leaving the hog on the opposing tower. I'm glad I at least inspired you to take another crack at it =D

I did have my pile a little close to my warthog, but I set it up that way on purpose. You'll notice the hog was right near the edge of the tower. Doing this, when the pile goes off, I'm getting launched downstairs at first, but then the hog sometimes flings you upwards. I've had some crazy horizontal launches with that kind of set up in the past, but I kept going a little high, and most frustratingly of all, I kept hitting the hog again in mid-air. I was hoping it would give me a second launch to the other tower, but I was too low everytime so it just hit me back towards the ground.

Ideally the best set up would be to put as many grenades as you possibly can on the tower, place your hog decently far away from the pile, but not so close to the edge of the tower, then you should get some great horizontal launches.

I was thinking of setting up a decently sized pile on the tower, launching maybe half way, then having a second warthog launch into me from the ground, but I don't know if that would be breaking the rules...

http://comicflop.blogspot.com/

My comedy blog. Under construction.

Old   
grumpy Offline

01-01-2011 , 03:34 PM

The thing that will probably never be done in H2 is beat the game SLASO. I suppose getting into the Cairo cutscene room would also rank up there but t2t seems harder but more of a realistic chance.

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lone StarrSend a message via MSN to Lone StarrSend a message via Skype™ to Lone Starr
01-01-2011 , 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
The thing that will probably never be done in H2 is beat the game SLASO. I suppose getting into the Cairo cutscene room would also rank up there but t2t seems harder but more of a realistic chance.
Getting the Spectre to the index room on QZ was just as hard as this. Maybe even a little more so, you only had one shot at landing it on the gondola every setup. Don't be so modest Grumpy. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by slYnki View Post
Also, balancing the hog is a good idea. Gives you a higher "wall" to aim at rather than just leaving the hog on the opposing tower.
I suppose my reasoning for this isn't completely objective, but I'll explain it anyways. I think you had the hog too close to the edge that's facing the other tower, if you had parked it on the other side with all tires down you would have more of a surface area to hit. Also having it further back gives you more time to slow down, so if you do start sliding on the tower you'll have less of a chance of sliding off the hog when you hit it. I think that's more important than having an extra foot or two of height to hit.

I suppose you can't really predict if you're going to need a higher target to hit or a wider one, but I figure just parking the hog as far back on the other edge is easier to setup, so that's the more right way IMO. Same reason I only used the Banshee once, it took way too long to get it setup, and it gave me a foot at best compared with just using the hog.

Anyways I gotta start working on school stuff right now so I can hopefully start setting up tonight!

Old   
ViviD Offline

01-01-2011 , 05:07 PM

Great attempt, slYnki. Really making me wish I had more than one controller anymore.

Old   
grumpy Offline

01-01-2011 , 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Starr View Post
Getting the Spectre to the index room on QZ was just as hard as this. Maybe even a little more so, you only had one shot at landing it on the gondola every setup.
Heh, that OS trick inside the tunnel was 10 times harder than the Spectre. That one was not fun, it was an obsession that took over my life and if I had not succeeded I may have wound up in the loony bin.

Idk, t2t might take 100 setups in a row to finally get it done. Or is there a CP when you are on the tower? That would make a huge difference.

Old   
grumpy Offline

01-01-2011 , 01:54 AM

Damnation that's a tough trick. Even though it's extremely hard to do, the mental aspect is even harder. I mean, how long can a person keep at that before going insane?

I can only think of one thing in H2 that would be harder than that, but it's not a trick and may be impossible. My hat is off to anyone who tries t2t so slYnki, kudos to you for trying. Maybe someday it'll be done but it's hard to imagine.

Old   
LotsofLuck Offline
Take No Prisoners

Send a message via AIM to LotsofLuckSend a message via Skype™ to LotsofLuck
01-01-2011 , 03:18 AM

I know I might be sounding like a broken record, but has anyone tried launching using the "Super Long Jump" from Dark Helmet?

Very Impressive slYnki. I think it's only a matter of time before someone nails this.

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lone StarrSend a message via MSN to Lone StarrSend a message via Skype™ to Lone Starr
01-01-2011 , 03:29 AM

Great job with the editing, liked the presentation a lot!

Didn't really see anything in your setup that I would personally use, but you did inspire me to give it another go. I really want to give it another shot now. I'll post a web cam link like I did last time, I think people really liked that. I do have some school stuff I have to finish by the 7th, but I think I can squeeze some time in before that.

I'm going to record with the DVD Recorder I've been using, and I managed to fix my desktop PC so I can use my capture card to stream the video like I did last time. =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotsofLuck View Post
I know I might be sounding like a broken record, but has anyone tried launching using the "Super Long Jump" from Dark Helmet
Yeah I've tried a bunch of methods on top of the tower. TBH I think DH's method works better than the launch in BlueDevils T2T video. The best one I've tried however is the one slYnki was doing in the video. I think he might have had his nade pile to close to the hog though, which made him go too high. =/