Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Tricker_against_daodds Offline

Challenge Complete: Bottom of the Cable Room w/ no mods - 02-04-2011 , 05:32 AM

K last video for now. Before I give a tut, I just want to say that this is definitely one of my favorite areas in Halo 2. I mean the lighting is just amazing in that room. Also the video comes with a tutorial so that you guys can get down there too and for best quality set the video settings to 720 p.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy5BJoxPktU
wmv download link: http://www.filefront.com/17917785/Bo...able-Room.wmv/

And this is to go even further beyond that and to the complete bottom^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j45_iCpvplg

When I first tried to get down to one of those landings/pillars I tried grenade jumping horizontally but that failed horribly it would never get you high enough because you have to be well above the landing otherwise it will kill you if you just go vertically. Then I decided to keep trying and was able to get all the way to the bottom.

I was lucky enough to get a checkpoint right as the sentinels were passing in front of me. To get down there you first have to cloak, then jump ontop of the closest sentinel. When it starts dropping you have to move around on top of it so that it will accelerate more and go in the right direction. You then use that momentum to jump further and hopefully hit the back of the pillar so that you can fall onto that landing.

Right next to the landing though (where it slopes down) is a death barrier so you can't go any further down that way. The vents however are fair game if you can fall and angle yourself in, you have to slightly crouch when you fall in too. Anyway when you're at the opening of the vent it gives you a great view of the whole room as seen in the video. There are the lower landings that you can jump onto but only on the edge that is facing you is it safe to stand on.

To get to the complete bottom you have to jump onto the the middle ledge next to the vent. Make sure you land on the edge of it facing towards the vent otherwise you'll be in the killbarrier. Then you just walk off into the wall behind you and fall onto the sloped area. And from there you can walk around the whole room and even get onto the middle structure although if you go to high it will kill you. The trench however has a killbarrier at about the 3rd line on the walls that slope into it. I've tried stacking 3 boxes but even that isn't high enough to be above it. And this trick can be done in either sp or cp. So enjoy guys!

Last edited by Tricker_against_daodds; 03-08-2011 at 07:21 PM. .

Old   
grumpy Offline

02-05-2011 , 12:03 PM

Nice job man, I think that's one of the few death barriers we missed. We thought the whole place was death.

Old   
Causeofdeath15 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Causeofdeath15Send a message via Skype™ to Causeofdeath15
02-05-2011 , 07:07 PM

I wouldn't say it's the bottom but damn it, it's close enough. Nice work!

Old   
xlax007 Offline

03-02-2011 , 11:32 AM

Good job! Thats really nice!
I always tried landing on the flat part, never noticed the slanted part was safe 0_0
Also: When you get into the vent it seems you already passed the deathbarrier. Can't you just drop down form the ledge? See 1:20 in the vid. I think there must be a way to survive there. Is the slant at the very bottom a kill barrier? Are there any boxes around there? You can drop a bunch of boxes down and jump ontop of them, skipping the killbarrier. edit: yup there are atleast 2 boxes.

also: damnit! This video proves again that Halo2 is the best game ever. Look at the aesthics and atmosphere right there, even on a shaky cam. 0_0 It's always the old and first games that are the best. Halo has become a sellout since Halo3. You can see the effort, fun and love put in Halo1 and Halo2. Those games can never be beaten...

Old   

03-03-2011 , 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlax007 View Post
Good job! Thats really nice!
I always tried landing on the flat part, never noticed the slanted part was safe 0_0
Also: When you get into the vent it seems you already passed the deathbarrier. Can't you just drop down form the ledge? See 1:20 in the vid. I think there must be a way to survive there. Is the slant at the very bottom a kill barrier? Are there any boxes around there? You can drop a bunch of boxes down and jump ontop of them, skipping the killbarrier. edit: yup there are atleast 2 boxes.

also: damnit! This video proves again that Halo2 is the best game ever. Look at the aesthics and atmosphere right there, even on a shaky cam. 0_0 It's always the old and first games that are the best. Halo has become a sellout since Halo3. You can see the effort, fun and love put in Halo1 and Halo2. Those games can never be beaten...
Yeah for some reason the vent is safe i think because its past the wall and that seems to be where the death barrier stops. I see what you're talking about but i'm pretty sure there's a killbarrier there but i'll have to check again. I've been meaning to check the rest of that room since the first video. Yeah the 2 boxes could maybe be used there but it would be quite hard to launch them onto that and make them stay without rolling off. I'll get back on here after i check tonight and see if the barrier is there.

And oh my god i can not agree more with you about your second paragraph. That whole game for being said as rushed turned out amazing especially all the details put into the levels and just the scale of them. I mean look at high charity and that whole end part of the level and how far it goes there's nothing like that in any of the recent halo games, just missing textures lol.

Old   
Muzza Offline

03-04-2011 , 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricker_against_daodds View Post

And oh my god i can not agree more with you about your second paragraph. That whole game for being said as rushed turned out amazing especially all the details put into the levels and just the scale of them. I mean look at high charity and that whole end part of the level and how far it goes there's nothing like that in any of the recent halo games, just missing textures lol.
The way I figured it went down was that they were spending that much time on detail and such they ran out of time and started rushing. I can also agree that Halo 2 is the best Halo to date.

Old   
LDG Offline

03-03-2011 , 04:56 PM

Quote:
amen to that, everyone I talk to tells me I'm nuts for thinking halo 2 is better than reach, I mean sure the assasinations are cool but it's the way halo 2 feals that makes it better, also scarab guns and sword flying.

Old   

03-04-2011 , 05:32 AM

Well, I just tried tonight, and yep you can get much further down. I also somehow got a checkpoint down near the bottom in sp. So i'll have a new video up in a couple days, going to try and see if i can get even further in coop. I just hope the bottom/trench isn't covered in deathbarriers cause im right above it.

Old   
DJLO Offline

Send a message via AIM to DJLOSend a message via MSN to DJLO
03-14-2011 , 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricker_against_daodds View Post
K last video for now. Before I give a tut, I just want to say that this is definitely one of my favorite areas in Halo 2. I mean the lighting is just amazing in that room. Also the video comes with a tutorial so that you guys can get down t!
bout shat my pants when i read this, thought we were talking about the chandelier room for some reason

this is awesome though!

Old   
Ghost Faction Offline
The Ghost with the Most

03-15-2011 , 08:26 PM

This needs to be verified by someone we can trust

In case you guys have forgotten about this person, check out this thread: http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45446

Also http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56466

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-15-2011 , 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Faction View Post
This needs to be verified by someone we can trust

In case you guys have forgotten about this person, check out this thread: http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45446

Also http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56466
Xlax and I are satisfied, we went through the whole process with him.

Old   
xlax007 Offline

03-16-2011 , 11:31 AM

Against da odds I got into da Cutscene room!

LMAO I remember that thread.

That was an epic fail, especially when he tried it again xD

@ grumpy: +1
Approved by grump and X so this stuff is legit

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

03-16-2011 , 01:58 PM

Quote:
Against da odds I got into da Cutscene room!

LMAO I remember that thread.

That was an epic fail, especially when he tried it again xD

@ grumpy: +1
Approved by grump and X so this stuff is legit
Is is possible to get in there without mods, though?