Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
armatik Offline
n -> ∞

Send a message via AIM to armatik
Question and Answer - 03-09-2006 , 11:03 PM

Well I decided to act as quickly as I could, because I saw the growing need of a sticky that people could answer questions in. So if an admin or mod could sticky this, it'd be really cool, atleast just for about a few weeks until we have access to the old stickies, that way we can copy them over or something.

There isn't any particular format requested, but I do ask of you that please do NOT post things like, "Thanks man that helped a lot," unless ofcourse, your asking another quesiton. And please, no spam, this ONLY for people that are asking questions and answering them.

All I ask is that you quote the person you are answering, to minimize confusion.

~Thanks,
S.W.A.T.

Last edited by armatik; 03-15-2006 at 08:08 PM. .

Old   
XI Edge IX Offline

Iwhbyd - 06-25-2006 , 06:30 PM

What exactly does the IWHBYD skull do/what dialoge does it unlock

Old   
iCorpsey Offline
Hello there

Send a message via AIM to iCorpseySend a message via MSN to iCorpseySend a message via Yahoo to iCorpsey
06-25-2006 , 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI Edge IX
What exactly does the IWHBYD skull do/what dialoge does it unlock
A lot of random and interesting dialogue. It is really worth a few hours to try and get it. Get a skull save on it too. You have to witness the Dialogue, very hard to describe. You haven't played Halo2 'till you've gotten IWHBYD.

Old   
echeesekid Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to echeesekidSend a message via AIM to echeesekidSend a message via Yahoo to echeesekid
06-25-2006 , 08:20 PM

hey guys me again
i was just playing uprising on legendary and got up to the part where you get the first ghost. (not the skull) and i wanted to see if i could get all the way back to the begining so i made my way back.
past that really tall triangular room there was an alive grunt that was cowering in fear. he said like 5 sentences like
"brutes bad, me stay here and protect arbiter from the back? hehe"
im not sure if this is new or not since its not in the FAQ and im a total campaign n00b.
get back to me.

EDIT: my xbox is paused at him right now. hes kinda...cuteish cowering in fear like that. want me to take a picture?

Last edited by echeesekid; 06-25-2006 at 09:09 PM. .

Old   
hockeykid101 Offline

06-25-2006 , 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echeesekid
hey guys me again
i was just playing uprising on legendary and got up to the part where you get the first ghost. (not the skull) and i wanted to see if i could get all the way back to the begining so i made my way back.
past that really tall triangular room there was an alive grunt that was cowering in fear. he said like 5 sentences like
"brutes bad, me stay here and protect arbiter from the back? hehe"
im not sure if this is new or not since its not in the FAQ and im a total campaign n00b.
get back to me.
sounds new to me but I dont realy know:D I thinkit is i'll check it out

Old   
Pure_evil91 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Pure_evil91
06-28-2006 , 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echeesekid
want me to take a picture?

of course!!!

Old   
Shadowclaw Offline

06-27-2006 , 04:08 AM

Ok for IWHBYD, you can see all the dialouge at HBO, they have the sound clips.

Grunt thing is old, it was discovered quite a while back. But yeah, its cute :D

For directions to the IWHBYD skull, either use the skull database, or search mythica for IWHBYD, it has some good tutorials there.

For sword flying, first get a sword, and have an enemy come up to you while you are in the side seat of the warthog. Slash when the reticle turns red. There should be a sound, but no movement. Now, go far away from the enemy, and exit the hog. You should go flying in the direction you exit.

Old   
c0wboy21 Offline

Send a message via AIM to c0wboy21
Question Unlimited invisibility? - 09-04-2006 , 09:45 PM

I've searched this thread and nobody has asked this so I guess I must be like the only person that doesn't know.

Q. How do you do the unlimited invisibility glitch I've heard about?

Old   
Shadowsurge Offline

09-04-2006 , 09:51 PM

get a checkpoint with camo save and quit power on and off and restart the game at that checkpoint.

Old   
Shadowclaw Offline

09-05-2006 , 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsurge
get a checkpoint with camo save and quit power on and off and restart the game at that checkpoint.
that was concise. :P

I have 2 questions:

Does catch make every enemy drop 2 grenades? Because I tried using it to get grenades in the initial part of CS as a part of a project which I shall not divulge as of yet, but the enemies don't drop any grenades...Are they an exception?

Also, if the answer to the first is yes, is there a way to get back to the initial area after crossing the loadpoint to the first hangar area?

If not, I guess I'll have to rely on grunt birthday party :(

Last edited by Shadowclaw; 09-05-2006 at 07:07 AM. .

Old   
Terminator Offline
Happy Cakes Monitor Man

09-04-2006 , 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0wboy21
I've searched this thread and nobody has asked this so I guess I must be like the only person that doesn't know.

Q. How do you do the unlimited invisibility glitch I've heard about?
Quote:
Q: How do I perform the Infinite Camouflage glitch?
A: This will only work on levels where you play as the Master Chief. First, activate the Envy skull (see the Skulls Database on how to get the Envy skull). Next, go to the level you want infinite camouflage with. Activate your camouflage just as you are crossing a checkpoint. To see if you did it right, revert to your last checkpoint and see if you are camouflaged. If you are, shut off your Xbox. When you turn it back on and go to your saved game, you will have infinite camouflage.

No worries mate.:) But where it says shut off your Xbox, don't. Save and quit, then turn off your Xbox.

Old   
Darkninja90 Offline
Who me?

Send a message via AIM to Darkninja90Send a message via MSN to Darkninja90Send a message via Yahoo to Darkninja90
09-04-2006 , 09:57 PM

very carefully </lame joke>
ok
1. Have envy
2. Be the Chief
3. Become cloaked and get a checkpt. while cloaked *this may require some luck and a knowledge of the places to get checkpts.*
4. Save and quit
5. Turn off the 'ol 'box
6. Refire it and load the checkpt.
7. Infinite active camo FTW
Have fun
:Notes:
1.You must be the Chief for this to work.
2.Once you beat the level the effect is lost. *e.g. you do it on outskirts and go to metropolis*
3. If you have a save with you cloaked and you get envy again then the active camo will wear off eventually and will recharge like normal.

-Ninja
*btw I did answer this question before and it had 7 steps AHHH BUNGIES TAKEN OVER MY MIND!!!*
DAMN YOU TERMY YOU CHEATING FOOL!!!!!!!
GAH
that's what I get for chatting with "hot babes on the internet all day" lmfao

Old   
IckyPigeon Offline

play co-op online - 11-09-2006 , 12:59 AM

can you play co-op online anyway by using a glitch? if so pleaseeeeeeeee tell.

Old   
DollarPwnCenter Offline

11-09-2006 , 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IckyPigeon
can you play co-op online anyway by using a glitch? if so pleaseeeeeeeee tell.
nope, sorry. Hopefully when halo2 for pc comes out well beable 2

Old   
Arctic Ice Offline

Send a message via AIM to Arctic IceSend a message via Yahoo to Arctic IceSend a message via Skype™ to Arctic Ice
11-09-2006 , 10:41 AM

Hmm... well with Xlink Kai (Tricks your Xbox into thinking you are playing System Link other the internet.. You download a client on your computer and then make sure your Xbox has an internet connection, then on your computer, you open the program. First you need to set your Xbox settings and IP addresses and whatnot to that of your computer.. And there you go.. You are playing online through system link against other people.) .. Other Apps and servers might be developed in time.. But anyways.. Yeah.. maybe Halo 2 PC...

[EDIT: EXPANDED ON XLINK KAI]

Old   
qoou.Anonimu Offline

06-27-2007 , 07:01 PM

Did anyone get on top of the highest buildings on the first part of Outskirts? If yes, with ghost, or without?

Old   
Enanito Offline

Send a message via AIM to EnanitoSend a message via MSN to EnanitoSend a message via Yahoo to Enanito
06-27-2007 , 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qoou.Anonimu
Did anyone get on top of the highest buildings on the first part of Outskirts? If yes, with ghost, or without?
Yes, and both. ;)

Old   
Necromantic_Nocturne Offline
Banned

Question Trivial Question - 06-28-2007 , 08:19 AM

Everyone knows that you can use the Energy Sword to lunge through glass or a window if there is an enemy on the otherside; I've been working on something which, at some point, involves this method. However, frustratingly enough, I can't do it in a particular area! It makes me terribly mad! After a million and one lunges, I still can't get through this damn glass. Aargh! It's stopping me from making further progress. :(

Question/s: Is there something you can do to increase the chances of getting through a window when sword lunging? Does using the 'X' button to lunge faster change the chances?

I've done this before elsewhere, you know it's easy however, can it be done in all circumstances where an enemy is behind glass? It just seems, that in the particular area I'm in, it will not work.

Final question: Does HIH have its own coffee brand? I wan'na 'ave some.

-- Necromantic_Nocturne

Old   
Darkninja90 Offline
Who me?

Send a message via AIM to Darkninja90Send a message via MSN to Darkninja90Send a message via Yahoo to Darkninja90
06-27-2006 , 02:41 PM

ok one im sure ppl have launched to the scarab gun with a ghost right???
anyway has anyone launched there using those 'splody boxes along the pathway where the final scarab fight is?? you know theres like three of them in a row.
i was just wondering if anyone has launched to the scarab gun from that point cause if it is new I might make a vid whenever i get my CC
also i'll do the worlds greatest launch w/ no 'nades *gasp* lol
later,
Darkninja90

Old   
Mr boofass Offline
Banned

06-27-2006 , 06:06 PM

on the gj after you kill tarturus his hammer falls to the ground if you hit it with a sword you die. I was wondering if this is new