Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
xlax007 Offline

Vertical climb cornerride - 03-08-2008 , 10:49 AM

hey all

some-one suggested to cornerride the entire vertical climb. I have done it more then a week ago but i didnt know no-one has posted it, so here it is.
It was pretty hard, especially the crossbeams, i skipped those by strafing far over to the left and back, really close getting falltimed.

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9QSoLyTCcs

still good for something like a 50 second cornerride, pretty nice. I think this is my biggest corner ride I have done.

Old   
xAnd1Legend21x Offline
Flat part of Headlong...

Send a message via AIM to xAnd1Legend21x
03-08-2008 , 12:32 PM

That was one looooooooooong corner rider. Very nice

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lone StarrSend a message via MSN to Lone StarrSend a message via Skype™ to Lone Starr
03-08-2008 , 03:23 PM

WOW!!! That is a long fall.......................

Old   
SRL Offline
Banned

03-08-2008 , 04:55 PM

Wow, that was cool.

Old   
FooFoo Offline
Hood

03-08-2008 , 04:57 PM

That was freaking ridiculous.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-10-2008 , 03:21 AM

I missed this one (a few days gone) when it came out (shame on me). I've never been able to corner-slide (not even once) so watching you do that, well, I could watch alien lifeforms land in front of me and not be as impressed.

You went up and then you came back down. Prestige indeed!

Go you, X

Old   
princeofthesword Offline
Renaissance Man

03-10-2008 , 03:50 AM

Wow, I never expected to see such a thing in my lifetime :D

Did you go through the door in the ceiling, or did you work your way up first (another thing I thought was always going to be impossible)? Fantastic vid, I'm still waiting for you to compile your youtubez in the "1 inch away" thread into the first post so I can FP it. :D

Highly recommend this vid. Awesome stuff!

Farewell
0={====>

Old   
xlax007 Offline

03-10-2008 , 01:39 PM

Thanks all for the comments

the cornerride was pretty crazy, especially with the arbiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeofthesword

Did you go through the door in the ceiling, or did you work your way up first (another thing I thought was always going to be impossible)? Fantastic vid, I'm still waiting for you to compile your youtubez in the "1 inch away" thread into the first post so I can FP it. :D

I launched up the all the way from the beginning. A fact that might even be more crazier then the cornerride was the time it took to get there:
1 5.30 minutes to get through the first part (floodcaves?) I did all launches first try.
2 20 minutes to get to the vertical climb
3 and a little more then an hour to get to the last beam.
seems like a new time record :)

and about the gondola stuff:
eh sorry about that it takes forever :D
4 days in the week im late at home and I dont have much free time so I just start relaxing and not checking a LOT of vids and organize them. I think im just kinda lazy with it lol.
anyway ill try to do it ASAP :p

Old   
SRL Offline
Banned

03-10-2008 , 07:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:
another thing I thought was always going to be impossible
Pots, like seven people have made that climb. I was the first. You seriously need to catch up with the times.

I seriously need to get back in the game.

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lone StarrSend a message via MSN to Lone StarrSend a message via Skype™ to Lone Starr
03-10-2008 , 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRL
Pots, like seven people have made that climb. I was the first. You seriously need to catch up with the times.
Yeah... I was like...

Old   
princeofthesword Offline
Renaissance Man

03-11-2008 , 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Starr
Yeah... I was like...
Skel and I fell to our deaths repeatedly, trying to rocket-time our way to the ledge from the door above... so fantastic job either way! Congrats to all who accomplished such a reversal, and our apologies for being gone and inable to view it.

Fun stuff, folks. :)

Farewell
0={====>

Old   
SRL Offline
Banned

03-11-2008 , 11:02 AM

Quote:
Skel and I fell to our deaths repeatedly, trying to rocket-time our way to the ledge from the door above... so fantastic job either way! Congrats to all who accomplished such a reversal, and our apologies for being gone and inable to view it.

Fun stuff, folks. :)
Excuse my rude manners though. I was feeling a little distant last night. All the same, if you get some time try to review some videos.

I hope I wasn't offending.

Wait, if you just now found out about that, then you may have missed the entire climb.

TameBeverage, Xlax, and myself have made a journey from the flood caves all the way to the end of the level on foot. We actually held speed runs of it. Xlax has the best time right now. My time was only two minute behind Xlaxes, but if I wouldn't have goofed off around the end I might have beat his time.

Xlax, TB, and myself have all did a corner ride down, but Xlax is the first to do it continuosly without stopping on the ledges.

Old   
Nofirefrog Offline
Hey There

03-11-2008 , 01:05 PM

That was pretty sick. I bet Enanito would be proud. Amazing ride.

Nofirefrog

Years. YEARS. That's what I've given this site. It's been hilarious and maddening, mind numbing and thought provoking, moments of astonishment and headaches. The best thing this site has given me one the best community on the 'net. HIH will always be unparalleled.

Thanks for everything, you will be sorely missed.

Nofirefrog

Old   
princeofthesword Offline
Renaissance Man

03-11-2008 , 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRL
I hope I wasn't offending.
Didn't offend at all, my friend. If anything, I feel I've offended all of my Campaign friends with my absence, which hasn't been intentional. A mixture of illness (mental and physical) and lack of usefulness here made me avoid this forum in favour of lurking Yappers simply because I felt useful there.

So... yeah, guys, I'm sorry I've not been around (an open apology targeted to the few of you who took my inaction as personal insults). Terminator knows more of the details, but suffice it to say I just didn't feel like I'd do the place justice. "Can't give it your best or be kind to your friends, don't show up," sort of defeatist mentality, which I'm slowly overcoming thankfully. :)

If you have active links to the runs you guys have done, I'd love to see them. :D

Farewell
0={====>

Old   
SRL Offline
Banned

03-11-2008 , 09:07 PM

Quote:
Didn't offend at all, my friend. If anything, I feel I've offended all of my Campaign friends with my absence, which hasn't been intentional. A mixture of illness (mental and physical) and lack of usefulness here made me avoid this forum in favour of lurking Yappers simply because I felt useful there.

So... yeah, guys, I'm sorry I've not been around (an open apology targeted to the few of you who took my inaction as personal insults). Terminator knows more of the details, but suffice it to say I just didn't feel like I'd do the place justice. "Can't give it your best or be kind to your friends, don't show up," sort of defeatist mentality, which I'm slowly overcoming thankfully. :)

If you have active links to the runs you guys have done, I'd love to see them. :D
Yeah, I'll send you mine later tonight.

Old   
nammacs2 Offline
Hey, shut up for a minute

03-13-2008 , 03:03 AM

Wow, what an epic ride. Enanito would be proud indeed.

I didnt realize it until the end of the video, but my mouth was dropped the whole time :D

Old   
RandomCTG Offline

03-25-2008 , 01:31 PM

That was a long fall :)
Im sure Enanito would be proud

Old   
Gorillaz2189 Offline
The name's Kanockers.

03-25-2008 , 01:33 PM

long corner ride is looooooooooooooooooong.

<3