Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Related Categories Halo Trick Jumping Forum
Halo Trick Jumping Forum All Halo trick jumping discussion goes here. Clans, videos, competitions, superbouncing, this is the place.
Notices

Old   
Tech Artist Offline
Goodbye HIH! <3

Send a message via AIM to Tech ArtistSend a message via MSN to Tech Artist
Impulse - Jumps United - 05-19-2008 , 12:34 AM

Download
Hi-Res Filefront
Low-Res Filefront
Medium-Res Youtube(coming tommarow)
Medium Res Filefront coming soon

Triple Partner Jump Film Clip:
Fileshare

Jumpers
Dj Ceol
I Neo I
Tech Artist

The skit in the begining is for humor. It's 5secs long. The main video is right after it. Enjoy!

Well this has been a long time coming. Ever since we finished Jumps United 3 and when Halo 3 released, we were determined to get this done. Long hours of work, connection problems, dedication, and craziness came together to make this video.

This is Jumps United's 4th clan jumping video and our best to date. In this video we have mostly stacks and aided jumps(thats mainly what we do) but we do have a few unaided jumps. We have 31 jumps in all and they're the best we've done in Halo 3 (minus a tactical jump or 2).

The soundtrack for this was once again done by DJ Ceol. It is an amazing soundtrack that I'm sure you'll all love. He also did the logo which looks awesome as well.

Only 3 of what makes up Jumps United are featured in this video because the other members don't really play Halo 3 and/or are busy. We hope they'll be in our next one.

We hope you enjoy the video!

Thank yous:
I'd like to thank DJ Ceol for the work he put in to this. He did the soundtrack, the funny skit in the beginning, the graphics, and came up with the finale jump. He really has been a big part of this clan, even if it is behind the scenes and I really want to thank him for the work he has done and continues to do for this clan and the work he does in the future. I really hope he takes a bigger role in our future videos and gets as well known as the rest of the clan is.

I'd like to thank I Neo I as well. He really helped with finding jumps and getting ones I couldn't figure out, figured out. He also helped keep this video alive and really contributed a majority of the jumps. So much in fact that we had to cut a few to go in the next vid because he had so many, lol. He has always helped to keep this clan going and I hope he does in the future.

I'd like to thank Jump Tactics. Now, you may ask yourself, why? Well, if it wasn't for them, I doubt Jumps United would exist. They are what got me into jumping and making videos using video games, and editing. They also got me in to the Electronica genre and it really does show in a lot of JU's videos. They also have always been an inspiration for me. I love the way they do there videos and I always look at there vids when I need inspiration. Thank you JT!

Lastly, I'd like to thank Bungie and HIH. Thank you Bungie for making the greatest video game trilogy ever. Without you, this community wouldn't exist. I'd like to thank HIH for giving me a place to share my videos and to be part of a great community of people that share the same intrests in Halo that I do.

Edit by Ceol: So the deal with that stupid skit in the beginning...when trying to come up with a new name (because...Jumps United 4?....come on..) we decided to try to play off the idea of there only being 3 of us. Of course, being the demented person I am, "The 3 Musketeers" is what first came to mind and it sort of stuck. But it was definitely a terrible name...so instead I came up with Impulse (a cause for a change in momentum) and decided to open the video with a little humor.

Old   
Zhimmy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Zhimmy
05-19-2008 , 12:36 AM

Wow that was pretty awesome.

Some of the jumps dragged on because of the syncing which I understand.

I wasn't too excited about the gravlifts everywhere, but whatever.

Most jumps were creative and exciting.

Enjoyable vid.

Old   
T3h Boar Offline

05-19-2008 , 01:33 AM

OMFG! stay in the froodlenutzkieing warthog when launching.

Old   
Camping Spot Offline

05-19-2008 , 02:47 AM

Overall, i loved the video. Great editing and music. Nice, creative jumps, the camera angles were also great.

Old   
bennyboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to bennyboy
05-19-2008 , 06:55 AM

my only complaint was like the 1 minute preview of the jump that neo does on blackout(br3 to snipe3). that was in jump theory intro lol

Old   
MrOllie Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to MrOllieSend a message via MSN to MrOllie
05-19-2008 , 09:43 AM

This isn't the quality of work I'd come to expect from you guys.

The jumps were so poorly executed that I wanted to punch myself :(. Some of the grenade placements and rocket shots were so bad that I was wondering if I was watching the correct video. I just woke up, so I might be dreaming.

Seriously, those were some bad stacks. I think you guys don't understand stacking in Halo 3. The amount of force needed in Halo 3 is much less than what was required in Halo 2.

As an example, I'll take the over-hyped RGSJ on Blackout from BR3 to the sniper platform. Did you guys seriously need about 6 camera views of those grenades? That made me want to kick myself. Not because of the 6 camera angles, but because you dont even need grenades for that jump...

I don't want to say anything more. I landed (cleared the landing) that rgsj with 1 rocket. I'm pretty sure 2 plasmas and 1 brute shot do not equal to a rocket. If you guys want, I can upload the video to youtube or something. This wasn't the only jump that had extreme abuse.

The editing could have been much better too. The choice of camera angles on many jumps were bad and extremely repetitive. On the last jump, I can't tell whats going on, but that looks like a cool jump.

I seriously hope this is a joke or something from you guys. Its that bad.
Seriously not what I expected from you guys. Sorry for the bad review, but I think you guys can agree its bad.

Old   
Slash RF Offline

Send a message via AIM to Slash RFSend a message via MSN to Slash RF
05-19-2008 , 10:19 AM

Okay, the worst thing of all, was how off timing your 2x grenade stacks were, it made me laugh alot of the time. Not only that, but on alot of jumps, ESPECIALLY one I saw on construct, you use a rocket or more, when it was not needed at ALL. I know that i'm not one to talk (right ollie? LOL AT FOUNDATION 5 NADE STACK.) But, i've learned since then, and I hope this helps you, because with stacking, you must try to use the minimal ammount of aids needed, it might not look as cool, but it's a lot more impressive.

The blackout jump, made me lol. Because, I was like, okay okay, just show the jump already...5 camera angles later. Then to find, out, it was a horrible jump, made me sad.

I really didn't like anything, the intro was terrible, I couldn't see anything.

I'm not trying to discourage you guys, I want you to continue making videos, i'm just saying this to help you for your next one.

Old   
I Neo I Offline

Send a message via AIM to I Neo ISend a message via MSN to I Neo ISend a message via Skype™ to I Neo I
05-19-2008 , 11:09 AM

OK, let me start out by saying that I enjoyed working on this video, I think it turned out great.

Boar: If this was a launching video, I would have gotten mad, but that made me lol, srsly.

Ollie: Edit: I should not have said what I just did. I once again apologize, Ollie. Thanks for the criticism, it will be put to use next time.

Slash: Edit: Thanks for the criticism.

We will take this criticism and put it into our next video, rest assured. But, for future posts, please don't write an essay about why the video sucked...

Thanks,

I Neo I

Old   
MrOllie Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to MrOllieSend a message via MSN to MrOllie
05-19-2008 , 11:38 AM

I'm a huge fan of the Jumps United series. Go look at my posts in your previous videos and you will see. You're making it seem like I have a personal grudge against you guys or something. Every video from you guys prior to this one was great. This one completely took a step backwards.

I can list out tons of flaws, but it seems you guys are extremely happy with this release. I'll leave it at that. You can choose to ignore my opinion on the video, but why are you throwing out insults at me? I never claimed I am better. I simply made the claim that much more was expected from you guys, especially after the recent release of better video made by people with much less experience than you guys. Hopefully you guys step it up next time around.

Old   
Tech Artist Offline
Goodbye HIH! <3

Send a message via AIM to Tech ArtistSend a message via MSN to Tech Artist
05-19-2008 , 11:38 AM

The jump on Blackout, now that I think about it, probably dragged on a bit too long, that I will agree with. Then again, I think that break was a bit too long anyhow(tis why I don't like breaks that long, lol). I think next time we either don't have something that long or we figure out what should go there. So, I will apoligize for that. Definetly won't happen again.

As for the jumps, I thought they were done fine. Maybe that's just me, maybe I don't know as much about Halo 3 stacking, but I thought they were done really well. They didn't really look of time at all.

Quote:
The editing could have been much better too. The choice of camera angles on many jumps were bad and extremely repetitive. On the last jump, I can't tell whats going on, but that looks like a cool jump.
Really? I can agree with the last jump somewhat, then again that jump was so hard to film on that small level, ecpesially with the lighting and those god awful barriers. As for the other camera angles, I thought they were good. Maybe a few could have used some better work(such as the Guardian ones, wasn't too thrilled with em) but overall I thought they were good.
What made them extremely bad? What made em repeditive?

As for a next video, there will be another but probably not for awhile cause we have some other projects to work on 1st and I want a break from doing jumping videos anyhow. Took awhile to even get this done.

Thanks for the comments, even if it wasn't what we were expecting. I'll definetly look at these suggustions for future videos.

Edit:
Quote:
I'm a huge fan of the Jumps United series. Go look at my posts in your previous videos and you will see. You're making it seem like I have a personal grudge against you guys or something. Every video from you guys prior to this one was great. This one completely took a step backwards.

I can list out tons of flaws, but it seems you guys are extremely happy with this release. I'll leave it at that. You can choose to ignore my opinion on the video, but why are you throwing out insults at me? I never claimed I am better. I simply made the claim that much more was expected from you guys, especially after the recent release of better video made by people with much less experience than you guys. Hopefully you guys step it up next time around.
Ollie, we've played together many times and I do have the up most respect for you and JT so please believe me when I say, we arn't trying to make it seem like your bad. We definetly do welcome your criticism, as you can see in my 1st post. Maybe Neo's post came off a little harsh is why you think that? I dunno but believe me, we'd never disrespect you and Jump Tactics. Maybe you could help us out on the next Halo 3 jumping vid we do?

Old   
I Neo I Offline

Send a message via AIM to I Neo ISend a message via MSN to I Neo ISend a message via Skype™ to I Neo I
05-19-2008 , 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOllie

Ollie, I apologize for making it seem like I all of a sudden hated you, I'm kind of having a bad day so far, and that just set me off. I know there were flaws in this video, we could have done some of those jumps a lot better than we did. Yes, we are happy with this release, seeing as though most of these jumps were new jumps, even though for some there was too much power. As for experience, I have some, but not enough as I should have. When I joined Jumps United, all we did was launch. I was never really taught how to trick jump, I basically showed myself how to by watching all the videos on here. Sure, Tech and Alex showed me some, but not a hell of a lot, if you know what I mean. I do apologize for my previous post, and think you are a hell of a jumper Ollie. I just took that post in the wrong way. Rest assured, the next jump video we do will be much, much better.

Also, for our upcoming video (not jumping), we are going to have a funny way of completing it, so be sure to watch out for that (that goes to everyone).

I Neo I

Old   
CaptainCrunch41 Offline

05-19-2008 , 12:04 PM

the grav lifts a forging were kind of weak. if you do forge, make sure its SUPER creative. and, take out the teleporters that get you to the start of your jump, they are needed, it just shows laziness, just film on forge gametypes and fly there.

uhm thats bout it.

good video though.

Old   
SRL Offline
Banned

05-19-2008 , 02:56 PM

The only thing I didn't like was how it would show the beginning of a jump multiple times just to time it right. I understand, its just, It got a little boring when doing that.

As for the jumps. It was good. I liked mostly everything, but I'm not really a fan of assisted jumps. I do however enjoy seeing them anyway. The music was awesome by the way.

Good job.

Old   
TJ Sock Offline

05-19-2008 , 03:11 PM

The gravity lift jumps were quite cool, I enjoyed Neo's stack then equipment jump on Guardian, and the music was very pleasant. All in all, a solid ok. Pretty good. Something to watch. Nice work, gentlemen. Hope to see more.

Old   
SpaZZ Offline

05-19-2008 , 04:01 PM

Ok techy I don't want to sound like an arsonskie but are you kidding me?
The video was ruined after the 2nd equipment jump.I also don't think the editing complemented it.I think the only jump I thought was good was that last one where you bounced the rocket of the bubble.
Overall 3/10

Old   
Mark Ceol Offline
Ooo - I like madness!

Send a message via AIM to Mark CeolSend a message via MSN to Mark Ceol
05-19-2008 , 04:27 PM

Hmm not exactly what I expected from this haha. I was skeptical about my jumps using forge because some people seem to be against that, but I thought why limit myself and thought what I did was kind of a cool idea. And I only thought one of my jumps were that poorly executed, that being the 3 box one on last resort. Maybe I shouldn't have included that..oh well. There were some others that I urged Tech to redo because I could plainly see the flaws in it, but I didn't think it was as many as you guys say.

I totally see where you're coming from, Ollie, with what you said about stacking in halo 3. I started to realize this more and more as I started to get more jumps filmed (when I started filming jumps it was basically the first time I jumped at all in halo 3...). The timing aspect is MUCH more crucial this time around. The power probably doubles when you actually time the nades perfectly and have them all in the same spot. So now looking back, maybe it was possible to do my blackout jump with only 2 plasmas instead on 3...I'm not sure. As for everyone elses jumps...I don't really remember them much.

As for camera angles and editing. I TOTALLY agree with Neo's blackout jump. I told tech about that but he seemed to really like it and didnt ask me to shorten the break or anything (I would have, you should have asked). But I thought most of the rest was actually pretty good. I'd actually like maybe a better explanation on that, not because I don't believe you but just because I want to know for next time. Overall I thought editing was pretty decent.

I'm honestly shocked not more people were dissapointed with the music. I thought I sorta botched that up this time around. I mean, I used a song twice for god's sake....But I realized a bunch of things that should make my next one actually..um...good. So hope to hear that in the future.

I guess I really misjudged halo 3 trick jumping and I really need to start over. Thanks for takin the time to look at the video anyways guys.

Old   
fiery Offline

Unhappy 05-19-2008 , 05:36 PM

Filefront doesnt work for me!

Old   
BlackBurn33 Offline

05-19-2008 , 06:13 PM

Well... It was creative? That's the highlight of the video. You are basically the first clan to try and use forge to it's full potential.... but you did it in a very bland way....

Everything that needed critiquing has already been said.

Hope to see better from you next time?

If you want some help w/ which stacks look cool and which don't, you can always add me as a friend. My GT is blackburn33

~BlackBurn33

Old   
hoodsome Offline
Epic Title Is Epic?

Send a message via AIM to hoodsome
05-19-2008 , 06:16 PM

Jumps United FTW!

<3

Old   
Mr Pattywack..... Offline

Send a message via AIM to Mr Pattywack.....Send a message via MSN to Mr Pattywack.....
05-19-2008 , 08:03 PM

i liked it.