Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 3 Forum The Forge
The Forge Anything relating to the Forge game feature goes here.
Notices

Old   
synthysteel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to synthysteel
"Can you figure?" Map Testing - 04-07-2010 , 02:57 AM

I worked on this puzzle a lot last year and I just got back to it recently.

The puzzle is on Sandbox. It covers all 3 levels of Sandbox with the middle level being the smallest. It consists of jumps, puzzles, and obstacles. It's the longest puzzle map I've ever made so far.

The lobby should read "Can you" on "figure?". Please be kind enough to send me videos or descriptions of any breaks you find in the map.

Post your problems if you are stuck, and I will tell you how to get past that part. (Through PM)

Do not use toggle crouch and do not play as elites.

MAP GAMETYPE

PICS

Spawning Room. Shadows and glows are misleading.

The hub. You'll make plenty of stops here.

1st teleport from hub. A bit of jumping. Figure out how to get the grav lift to the platform.

You want something over here, but it's useless where it is. Try to get it to where you are.

2nd teleport. Dig for treasure, spend it, then come back for more.

The infamous hard jump. I'll make it easier if its too hard.

You'll want to unblock these.

Your prize for finishing half of the adventure.

Fly the hornet over here. Sorry but you're gonna have to lose it.

The pics cover about half the puzzle. There's still more in the crypt.
Thanks to everyone who tries this map out.

Last edited by synthysteel; 05-19-2010 at 01:18 AM. .

Old   
synthysteel Offline

04-08-2010 , 12:44 AM

I have made some changes to the map so it can be correctly finished now. I made some of the parts easier because I don't want people repeating parts of the puzzle over and over. I made the first jump section easier because of the same reason.

I really want opinions on the map could someone please download it and try it out?

Old   
BuddhaCrane Offline

04-12-2010 , 10:41 AM

Ewwwwwwwww, not that BuddhaCrane guy!

I don't really play puzzle maps anymore (I'm retired, lol) but I suppose I could take a gander at this one. I'll edit later with my verdict.

Old   
synthysteel Offline

04-12-2010 , 11:52 PM

Hey Buddha. I like how I made my map in a lot of parts but I noticed that it's just very hard at two parts and you have to repeat them a bunch until you get it right. The parts I'm thinking of redoing are the places that the first teleport and the second teleport at the hub take you to. The rest of the puzzle is fine.

I'm thinking of keeping all of the puzzles in those parts but taking out some of the jumps because one of them is reaaaal hard if you can't figure how to do it. (The radio tower jump at the second teleport from the hub.) Open the spoiler tab to find out how to do it.

Stand on it and face the ledge you want to jump on to. Punch the tower at the top ledge until it starts tipping over and about to fall. When it starts to fall, jump straight up and slide jump on the radio tower. (That's why you punch it, so it slants) So the slant and the momentum of the falling tower should get you on that floating ledge. If you fail the jump, blow up the fusion coil so that the tower respawns.

So I'm pretty sure it will take some redoing in a part or two. It would be great if you would tell me exactly which part I should redo.

Last edited by synthysteel; 05-17-2010 at 09:57 AM. .

Old   
BuddhaCrane Offline

04-13-2010 , 04:32 AM

I didn't have much free time after work yesterday, all I managed to do was the first puzzle (turret clip? for shame...) and then get stuck in the crypt hole. I could hear a teleporter but couldn't find a way to access it.

I'm a bit rusty, I may have to pull it apart in Forge to work out the puzzles, or enlist some help from my more active puzzle buddies.

So obviously I've not seen this tricky jumping part yet but I can say that it would not be wise to have extremely hard jumps since that was one of the things all my fellow Puzzle Forgers berated me for - adding difficult jumps. Learn from my mistakes!

Oh yeah... and do something about that turret clip! (i.e. remove it)

Old   
OwnedTom Offline
SOOPER LEET DRIVER

Send a message via MSN to OwnedTomSend a message via Skype™ to OwnedTom
04-13-2010 , 09:06 AM

Hey if HaloScreenshots still isn't working you can use this: http://www.360zone.net/cmps_index.php?pageid=screens

Old   
synthysteel Offline

04-14-2010 , 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaCrane View Post
I didn't have much free time after work yesterday, all I managed to do was the first puzzle (turret clip? for shame...) and then get stuck in the crypt hole. I could hear a teleporter but couldn't find a way to access it.

I'm a bit rusty, I may have to pull it apart in Forge to work out the puzzles, or enlist some help from my more active puzzle buddies.

So obviously I've not seen this tricky jumping part yet but I can say that it would not be wise to have extremely hard jumps since that was one of the things all my fellow Puzzle Forgers berated me for - adding difficult jumps. Learn from my mistakes!

Oh yeah... and do something about that turret clip! (i.e. remove it)
Alright I'll make the jump easier. And do I really need to remove the turret clip? It is the only turret clip on the map.

THANKS OWNEDTOM. (IN CAPS!) I'll get to work on posting the pics right now.
Buddha, you have to
tbag the corners. I learned that trick from you, actually.

Old   
BuddhaCrane Offline

04-14-2010 , 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthysteel View Post
Buddha, you have to
tbag the corners. I learned that trick from you, actually.
I tried that but obviously not very well. Curse these tired old thumbs!

Old   
synthysteel Offline

04-14-2010 , 07:08 AM

Maybe you have toggle crouch on. Anyway, pictures are up.

Old   
I Love Gruntz Offline

04-15-2010 , 06:07 PM

I can't even get past the first puzzle. What a crying shame. Then again... it HAS been awhile.

Old   
synthysteel Offline

04-15-2010 , 08:00 PM

If you can't get to the hub, here's how. If you haven't played the puzzle, don't read this. I request that everyone gets to the hub on their own rather than have my help.

1st Room: Crouch, look down, turret clip. Face slightly to the center while crouching near the corner. (Only turret clip in entire map)
2nd Room: Crouch, look down, tbag a corner. Only 1 corner will get you through.
3rd Room: Grab a radar jammer, throw it in the corner, then grab another one. Blow up the first radar as you jump, then radar jammer jump to the teleport.
4th Room: Grab the grav lift. Blow up the grav lift carrying the mongoose. Get in the mongoose. Drive it to the corner, then throw a grav lift under it. When the mongoose rises, let it fall on you. Punch a wall.
Hub: Go into the last teleporter. Make a diagonal run at it and bump the wall before you go through.

Old   
I Love Gruntz Offline

04-18-2010 , 01:18 AM

I broke room #4:

I deployed the grav lift in the corner (right where you enter) and went through the teleporter on top of the ceiling. I can assure you most people won't find this out, but I just felt I should tell you.

Other than that, I'm still trying to solve the rest of the map.

Old   
synthysteel Offline

04-18-2010 , 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Gruntz View Post
I broke room #4:

I deployed the grav lift in the corner (right where you enter) and went through the teleporter on top of the ceiling. I can assure you most people won't find this out, but I just felt I should tell you.

Other than that, I'm still trying to solve the rest of the map.
Woah that's very bad. That tele takes you to the end of the map! Good thing that you don't win by getting to the end alone, you have to capture all the territories all around the map. I'll fix that when I get back on Halo 3. Along with making that very hard jump easier. Thanks a lot.

Old   
synthysteel Offline

05-17-2010 , 06:26 AM

I just finished doing some mega polishing to the map. Frustrating parts are now much less frustrating now. You'll have to do waay less repeating.

The super hard jump i was talking about, I made it easier now. Much easier to get it on the first try. (You probably will now)

The part after you get the hornet is now much simpler and more straight forward. The puzzle is still there, but you won't have to keep repeating anything there unless you die.

Overall, it now feels a lot more of a puzzle map than a frustrating obstacle course. It's a lot funner to play now.

Please try the map guys. Also please try my other maps that I recently posted. They're pretty fun.
Remember, use default crouching and the spartan player model.
I'm pretty sure the map is done btw. I doubt there are any breaks.

I'm posting my maps on forgehub because no one downloads maps here anymore. >=(

Last edited by synthysteel; 05-17-2010 at 10:02 AM. .

Old   
Snacka Jac Offline

05-20-2010 , 10:38 AM

I like the map so far. I do alot of trick jumping, so some of these puzzles are really suited to me. Altho im stuck on the first tele :/ Could you PM over how to do this part! I dont usually give in this quick and its probs something simple but i just cant work it out for the life of me.

EDIT: Nvm Mind, figured it out lol

Old   
synthysteel Offline

05-22-2010 , 06:54 AM

Thanks for enjoying the map. I really appreciate it that people are trying it out. Please post again when you finish.

Tags
mazta, pasta, puzzle, terrirories, testing