Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 3 Forum The Forge
The Forge Anything relating to the Forge game feature goes here.
Notices

Old   
OMFGItsBlaze Offline

Imsomnia. - 11-19-2010 , 07:50 AM

So this map started as a map designed in halo 3 that I never got around to completing. I worked well over enough time planning this map out and didn't want all my work to go to waste. After playing the reach beta I quickly started re-designing the map to fit the change of gameplay style between games. I had a good idea of what to fix, so it was really easy to get the head start by planning before the games release. After a few months of drawing out and making my idea clear in my head, the game was released. I went into forge and quickly got used to the forge system, built a map in the first few hours, played some matchmaking and went to sleep. Day 2 came and I decided I wanted to make the map I had been planning for what seem to have been ages. (Even before sandbox was released). And here it is. :)

Insomnia is a map built specifically for 2v2 games (DMR starts maybe AR secondary depending on what you prefer) with armor abilities. Why only with them? Because of the highground advantage, it was just built for you to take advantage of them. Teamwork and top control is a pretty big deal in this map where the weapon control isn't quite as important. The map may be able to play 3v3 and if you like it caotic 4v4 but I wouldnt recommend it.

The gametypes set up are only Oddball and slayer.

Along with a few DMRs and Needle rifles scattered across the map the weapon set is, 2 snipers, Splaser, Plasma pistol, Rockets, 2 plasma rifles and a plasma repeater.

Thank you Multi for the beautiful pictures, here are some more.

With BlackOps being out now, I don't expect too many downloads but for those of you who do, I would greatly appreciate feedback. Thanks.