Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Non-Halo Discussion Forum Yap and Blabber
Yap and Blabber Non-Halo, non-gaming discussion topics are welcome here. Beware of the ogre.
Notices

Old   
Anakade Offline
Farewell, HIH.

Alternate Destinations - 04-06-2011 , 04:52 AM

There's been a lot of site-adverting going around (which isn't an issue, considering the circumstances), but I don't feel that it's entirely necessary to be sending HIH off with multiple 'go here!' posts in every thread.

I'll try to get everything listed here, but if I miss something, let me know.

----------------

Halo.Bungie.org - The obvious choice after HIH; as well as where HIH will be hosted, once frozen.

Halo.Xbox.com/Forums/ - The Waypoint forums. Inhabited by a toned down and 'nice' version of the Bnet forums, as well as various members of 343i. Not a bad place at all. (If you get an error when visiting, it's a cookie issue. Go to Xbox.com and sign in (or visit, if you're auto-signed in), then revisit the forum.

Jumprs.org - A site/forum for Jumping, Gaming, or anything else you want to talk about, run by several HIH staff members.

iTrick Bnet Group - Dunno how this will work out, but it's there.

HIH.Reddit.com - There's also an r/highimpacthalo, but I've only received a reply from the mod of r/hih

GlitchGaming.org - Simple site for tricks and glitches (and anything else). Undergoing a bit of a technical reworking at the moment.

Halo3Forum - Should know enough about this site by now. If you don't, the url is pretty descriptive.

HighImpactGaming.org - Not sure how to describe this one. Seems to be a different take on forum-growth.

Bungie.net - Hopefully you're already aware of this.

Last edited by Anakade; 04-06-2011 at 09:15 AM. .

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -=MaToR=-Send a message via MSN to -=MaToR=-Send a message via Yahoo to -=MaToR=-
04-06-2011 , 05:32 AM

Good post is appreciated.

-Mator

Old   
Nofirefrog Offline
Hey There

04-06-2011 , 08:17 AM

Jumprs.org - A site/forum for Jumping, Gaming, or anything else you want to talk about, run by several HIH staff members.

I would have edited your post for you, but meh.

Nofirefrog

Years. YEARS. That's what I've given this site. It's been hilarious and maddening, mind numbing and thought provoking, moments of astonishment and headaches. The best thing this site has given me one the best community on the 'net. HIH will always be unparalleled.

Thanks for everything, you will be sorely missed.

Nofirefrog

Old   
Lunatic Offline

04-06-2011 , 08:26 AM

I'm going to jumprs

Old   
Joshington Offline

Send a message via AIM to Joshington
04-06-2011 , 09:07 AM

i already post on halo3forum so it seems the obvious choice

Old   
Xwo Offline
It's all about having fun

Send a message via AIM to XwoSend a message via Skype™ to Xwo
04-06-2011 , 11:22 AM

Nice post, Anakade.

I'll miss this website more than words can describe. I'm so incredibly sad to see it go. I want to say thanks to all the staff that have kept this place up and running for all this time. I'm proud to have been a part of such an amazing website and such a great community. Thanks for all the wonderful memories.

Farewell, HIH.

Xwo

Old   
Tech Artist Offline
Goodbye HIH! <3

Send a message via AIM to Tech ArtistSend a message via MSN to Tech Artist
04-06-2011 , 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofirefrog View Post

I would have edited your post for you, but meh.

Nofirefrog
This is where.I shall be residing. It's a great site!

Old   
HaLo2FrEeEk Offline

Send a message via MSN to HaLo2FrEeEk
04-06-2011 , 02:46 PM

For those that want to continue to get their daily and weekly challenge tips, I'm making a website to do just that. Based heavily on what Fortune started and Man Demon continued, the Halo: Reach Challenge Initiative aims to let the community put up their own tips and tricks for the best way to complete a challenge, then others can comment and vote on it, pushing the best stuff right to the top. I hope that I can live up to the awesomeness that Fortune and Man Demon provided here. You can read more about the site here:

http://reachchallenges.infectionist.com/info.php

It's not totally done yet, but I'm working on it piece by piece. You can watch the progress as I work at the main page:

http://reachchallenges.infectionist.com/

And for progress information, you can follow the Twitter @InfectedTweets. I hope to be able to provide something that will keep the legacy alive for all you challenge completionists out there.

Old   
Shoe Offline
Bowl Reaper

Send a message via Skype™ to Shoe
04-06-2011 , 03:17 PM

Jumprs for the community, GlitchGaming for the tricks. At least that's what I'll be doing.

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Goodbye HIH. I will always love you. I hope the day comes when I can delete this from my signature. That'll mean we're back in business.

You'll always have a special place in my childhood and in my heart.

-Shoe