Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Related Categories Halo Trick Jumping Forum
Halo Trick Jumping Forum All Halo trick jumping discussion goes here. Clans, videos, competitions, superbouncing, this is the place.
Notices

Old   
DJLO Offline

Send a message via AIM to DJLOSend a message via MSN to DJLO
Cool Jumps for Infection on Pinnacle - Reach - 01-27-2011 , 08:39 PM

Sup gentlemens, DJLO here. Couldn't stand not posting anything on my youtube account, so i made a jump video!

-It's shakeycam, but it's HD (can't use my CC right now)
-It's on the level Pinnacle
-The jumps are to be used in Infection games: the ones for the Zombies help you attack commonly-camped areas, and the ones for the Humans help you hide from zombies.

enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uTsstdclCE

Old   
nate pahlow Offline

Location: If you wont die for me, you will die because of me.
Send a message via AIM to nate pahlow
01-27-2011 , 08:44 PM

1. Capture Card, don't have one? ask a friend.

I really don't know what to say about the video. Sorry bro, but this was really amateur

Old   
Dr Loo Returns Offline

01-27-2011 , 08:53 PM

What does it take to create a truly great film that will live on for generations to come? One name: DJLO. "Infection Jumps on Pinnacle" boldly goes where no other film has dared to go or even come close to entering: the human psyche. It's complex analytical survey of the human imagination forces the audience to confront their own inner demons as well as project their inner most desires within the confines of their own mind. Master director DJLO knew the risks when the screenplay hit his desk, but he also realized the films powerful potential to change the world forever more. The only downfall this film presents is the lack of character development, preforming only the simplest of jumps. But the controversial end does leave the film open to continuation in the saga. Let's hope lightning strikes twice.

Old   
DJLO Offline

01-27-2011 , 08:54 PM

well, this was obviously a mistake.

Old   
nate pahlow Offline

01-27-2011 , 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLO View Post
well, this was obviously a mistake.
Dont be upset. Just learn from what we say and improve...

Old   
Resix Offline

Send a message via AIM to Resix
01-27-2011 , 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate pahlow View Post
Dont be upset, like all the other new kids that come to this site. Just learn from what we say and improve...
That would work if you actually gave him advice nate.

Here are some random tidbits of advice I can give. Capture cards make a video 10x better even if its only in SD. It eliminates the "shaky cam"

Also, I see that you put a lot of thought into tactical jumps for this game type but I can't really comment on the jumps seeing as I don't play infection gametypes or Reach for that matter. If I do play infection I'll be sure to keep these jumps in mind.

Don't let what these kids say to you get to your head, you'll get better.

Old   
Skulk Offline

01-27-2011 , 09:20 PM

I'm not really partial to Infection but I could see a few of these coming in handy. As a jumping video I didn't really like it. The camera didn't bother me THAT much. You filmed it well enough so I could tell what was going on. Didn't like the music and the jumps for the most part were really easy. On an educational level, it was alright. On a trick jumping level, it was less than entertaining. I had to force myself to finish it.

In the future, ask someone to capture. Many people have capture cards these days, including myself. Try to improve on quality jumps rather than qauntity. Just because you have a gimmick for your video doesn't excuse you to land bad jumps. Its hard to critisise someone who has been here so long though :P It feels like you already know anything I could say... but I'll say it anyways! Get at me!

Last edited by Skulk; 01-29-2011 at 07:41 PM. .

Old   
TVTeTaLCoRe Offline

Send a message via AIM to TVTeTaLCoRe
01-27-2011 , 10:22 PM

The jumps as a zombie could be pretty useful, but i would have liked to see more as a human.

Old   
Woogle Bear Offline

01-28-2011 , 12:34 AM

mfw mostly everyone ignores 5+ line posts, even wen people put thheir hearts into it.
as for the vid, most of the jumps were pretty obvious i dont think they really need to be in the vid. plus i dont think you can nade jump in living dead.

Old   
Joshington Offline

Send a message via AIM to Joshington
01-28-2011 , 01:58 AM

i like the idea behind it tho i never actually played that playlist, its as acceptable as mlg jumping imo

Old   
DJLO Offline

01-28-2011 , 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogle Bear View Post
mfw mostly everyone ignores 5+ line posts, even wen people put thheir hearts into it.
as for the vid, most of the jumps were pretty obvious i dont think they really need to be in the vid. plus i dont think you can nade jump in living dead.
yeah i left it in because you can pull that jump off with help from another human.

thanks guys.

p.s. i have a capture card but my setup is...not working

Old   
nate pahlow Offline

01-28-2011 , 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resix View Post
That would work if you actually gave him advice nate.
Quote:
1. Capture Card, don't have one? ask a friend.
I see, I should work on being more specific.

Old   
iJumpify Offline

01-28-2011 , 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Loo Returns View Post
What does it take to create a truly great film that will live on for generations to come? One name: DJLO. "Infection Jumps on Pinnacle" boldly goes where no other film has dared to go or even come close to entering: the human psyche. It's complex analytical survey of the human imagination forces the audience to confront their own inner demons as well as project their inner most desires within the confines of their own mind. Master director DJLO knew the risks when the screenplay hit his desk, but he also realized the films powerful potential to change the world forever more. The only downfall this film presents is the lack of character development, preforming only the simplest of jumps. But the controversial end does leave the film open to continuation in the saga. Let's hope lightning strikes twice.
Did I ever mention I love you?

Me and MetalCore were doing something to get onto the roof of the main building as humans one time, I forget how we did it though ?

Old   
Coy o Offline

01-29-2011 , 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLO View Post
p.s. i have a capture card but my setup is...not working
Nate is right, if you don't have a capture card or don't have a working one, then ask someone else to. If you come on this site often there are a few people that open there selfs up to editing for free. If your new then for the future you should know that people on this site are picky about a lot of things (i am one of them) it's quite obviouse that using a camera isn't the greatest idea.

Also when it comes down to jumps, try making them "good" (not trying to be an ass here) but the jumps where pretty bad, helpful but very obviouse and wernt video quality.. I hope you will learn from people's replys.

Old   
Muzza Offline

01-29-2011 , 02:05 AM

I love peoples inability to grasp the concept of constructive criticism.

An example of constructive criticism would be; In Matchmaking there are no grenades so those jumps that use grenades are not possible.

An example of a possible solution would be; Find a way to do it withought nades or don't include them in the video.

Now thats not hard is it!

Old   
Skulk Offline

01-29-2011 , 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
I love peoples' inability to grasp the concept of constructive criticism.

I love peoples' inability to scan through previous posts so they don't repeat someone on a very specific topic.

An example of constructive criticism would be; In Matchmaking there are no grenades so those jumps that use grenades are not possible.

Yes there are, just not in Living Dead. Glitch already pointed this out.

An example of a possible solution would be; Find a way to do it withought nades or don't include them in the video.

Or include them in the video for the sake of entertainment. I mean, thats what these are for right? And I didn't know it was possible to grenade jump to the top of the tower from there, so I learned something. I'm glad it was there. And you would need a colon there, not a simicolon. Just thought I'de say for future referance.

Now thats not hard is it!

Nope, critisizing your post was rather simple.
You think others aren't capabale of being constructive? Read my earlier post and don't be so condescending. All you did was point out a flaw in the video just like everyone else.

Old   
TVTeTaLCoRe Offline

Send a message via AIM to TVTeTaLCoRe
01-31-2011 , 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumpify View Post
Did I ever mention I love you?

Me and MetalCore were doing something to get onto the roof of the main building as humans one time, I forget how we did it though ?
We head jumped lol.

Tags
hiding spot, infection, jump, reach, zombie