Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Reach Forum Halo: Reach General Discussion
Halo: Reach General Discussion For news, updates, and Beta discussion Halo: Reach, the definitive game of the Halo series.
Notices

Old   
Man Demon Offline

02-15-2011 , 05:53 PM

Good call I forgot about how many Elites are in the 2X Score Attack final wave.

Old   
Man Demon Offline

02-16-2011 , 09:09 AM

Light Fare - 1000cR
Kill 100 enemies in any game mode in Reach.
- Even easier than yesterday, doing the A Side of Huevos challenge first will also get you pretty far into it. After that you should get in in your first Firefight game.

A Simple Spree - 1000cR
Earn any spree in Firefight Matchmaking.
- Any spree. And only one. Yeah, if you need tips, I think the best one is, the bullets go in the enemy. Heck, if you're playing Firefight on Beachhead you could sit in the Warthog, while someone shoots the enemy and you'd both get it, and you wouldn't have done anything.

A Side of Huevos - 1500cR
Kill 60 enemies with Sniper Rifle headshots in Nightfall on Normal.
- Load up Nightfall, if the first Elite is giving you trouble registering, just melee him and move on to the encampment ahead. Snipe one of those Elites, which since you've already gotten a kill they should register, reload checkpoint, repeat.

Multiplier - 1000cR
Earn 2 multikills in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.
- Grifball or Living Dead or anything really, seriously just 2 multikills, this is a very easy day.

Old   
Man Demon Offline

02-17-2011 , 09:59 AM

Blastin' and Relaxin' - 1350cR
Kill 180 enemies in any game mode in Reach.
- With the 100 from Supercombine and working on finishing up the Weekly, if you haven't already, this shouldn't be too hard.

That Pink Mist - 1250cR
Kill 100 enemies with a Supercombine from the Needler or Needle Rifle in Firefight Matchmaking.
- Try to pick a game that comes with the Needler or Needle Rifle, i.e. Plasmafight and FRGfight.

Flat Tire - 1125cR
Kill 10 enemy vehicles in Firefight Matchmaking.
- Each game of 2X Score Attack can end with vehicles if the maps supports them, but that 5-10 games depending on luck and stuff. Firefight Arcade is the same way, except on Holdout because the Banshees will fly in on their own. Either way this will be really annoying to get. For speed I would suggest getting a group and always doing it on Holdout, but it doesn't come up nearly enough. So, you may be better off going solo.
NOTE: it is very easy to accidentally kill the vehicle driver without killing the vehicle, ruining your chance, so be very careful with how you choose to go about doing it. Target Locator works very well, but melee, not so much. Heck, I tried to plant a grenade when boarding the front of the Wraith, the act of inserting the grenade killed the driver, so it didn't count. Sigh.

Killagruntjaro! - 1500cR
Earn 25 multikills in a Firefight Matchmaking game.
- Fistfight does this easy with the hammer, the ones with explosives do it pretty easy too, but not nearly as satisfying.

Last edited by Man Demon; 02-17-2011 at 12:33 PM. .

Old   
Tech Artist Offline
Goodbye HIH! <3

Send a message via AIM to Tech ArtistSend a message via MSN to Tech Artist
02-17-2011 , 10:46 AM

You forgot a challenge:

Server Crash?! $@#%! - 9999cr
Wait until the servers come back online
- Yup, the servers are down. What can you do to complete this seemingly daunting task? Perhaps go in Forge, enjoy a meal, go outside, use your computer, or even take a nap. Something to occupy the time till they are back up. Btw, Commendations won't work either for whatever reason. =/]

Edit: There back up. Quite quick work I must say!

Old   
Man Demon Offline

02-18-2011 , 09:27 AM

Fire When Ready - 1500cR
Kill 50 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking
- This is just numbers. 2-5 games should see you complete this no problem. Multi-Team may work better than others, or even Invasion.

Sweep the Leg - 1000cR
Perform an Assassination in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.
- One assassination isn't bad, in a Team Slayer of even Multi-Team game you can usually find some unsuspecting person to take out. Heck, sometimes you do them even when you don't want to. Any level where you can drop down and do one works very well too.

The Dream Shake - 2000cR
Earn 4 Double Kills in the same match in multiplayer Matchmaking.
- Same strategy for this and Up Close and Personal, which is to play Grifball, as Double Kills are fairly common and everything is a close quarters combat kill.

Up Close and Personal - 1600cR
Kill 8 enemies with close quarters combat in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.
- Same strategy for this and The Dream Shake, which is to play Grifball, as Double Kills are fairly common and everything is a close quarters combat kill.

Old   
Man Demon Offline

02-19-2011 , 09:11 AM

Shootin' and Lootin' - 1000cR
- This is just 100 kills, so it's not that hard. If you still have to finish up the weekly you may get it there, otherwise you'll probably get it while going for Who's the Big Winner?.

Now I have a Machine Gun - 1000cR
Earn 20 kills with automatic weapons in multiplayer Matchmaking.
- This may be tougher than you think if your the kind of person who melees the second they can. Just remember to stay out of melee range and that this includes AR, Needler, Plasma Repeater, and Plasma Rifle. Wait, does anyone know if the Mounted Machine Gun works or not?

Explosive Ordnance Distribution - 1000cR
Earn 3 kills with ordnance weapons in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.
- 3 isn't that bad that's like one person per rocket on maps that have them. Also, if you're lucky the enemy team will stack up and help you get it faster. Other ordnance weapons include Grenade Launcher, Concussion Rifle, and Plasma Luncher. Plasma Launcher seems to get a few more shots than most of the others plus the tracking, also pro tip if you load up 4 shots with it when attempting to lock on, switching weapons after you fire 1 plasma lets you save the other 3 shots.

Who's the Big Winner? - 3000cR
Win 15 games in multiplayer Matchmaking.
- Sigh, TGIS because this may take a while. Stick to the 2 team games, and the ones you are good at playing. Grifball can be fast and easy if you have a great team otherwise stick to Team Slayer or Team Swat.

Old   
Man Demon Offline

02-20-2011 , 10:38 AM

One Spartan Army - 1125cR
Kill 150 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.
- ~2 games of any gametype should cover this.

Killagruntjaro! - 1500cR
Earn 25 multikills in a Firefight Matchmaking game.
- Gruntpocalypse can be very easy, but so can Firefight Arcade Fistfight, just use the hammer, it's super effective.

A Simple Spree - 1000cR
Earn any spree in Firefight Matchmaking.
- All you have to do is kill 10 enemies without dying, Gruntpocalypse is a piece of cake and Firefight Arcade has plenty to allow you to achieve this. But remember, technically you don't even need to kill anything. You could drive the Warthog with a gunner on Beachhead and still get it. Or get 5 assists without dying.

Killing Spree - 1000cR
Earn a Killing Spree in multiplayer Matchmaking.
- Living Dead is probably the best simply because it is the easiest place to get kills provided you know what you are doing. You could also go for an Invasion or Big Team Battle if you are better with one of those as there are lots of enemies and if you know what you're doing you can probably kill 5 without dying.

Old   
Man Demon Offline

02-21-2011 , 10:44 AM

Weekly Challenge:

ONI: LASO - 11000cR
Complete ONI, Legendary, All Skulls On (LASO).
EDIT: YOU DO NOT NEED BLIND AVOID THAT IT LIKE THE PLAGUE!
- Here we go again boys. This one is a bit tougher than the last so I suggest you take some TIPS. If you are the kind of person who just can't seem to handle the LASO on your lonesome, get a team of 3 other players and just don't be an idiot killing yourself killed all the time.
NOTE: If you do this with friends you can get the Gauss Hog over the barrier at ONI by having one player Armor Lock in front of the barrier and other use them as a ramp. Gauss Hog works very nicely against the Hunters.

Daily Challenges:

Covenant-cide - 1100cR
Kill 120 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.
- 1-2 games depending on what you do, I would suggest Firefight Arcade seeing as there are other challenges involving assists.

A Friend in Need - 1000cR
Earn 10 assists in Firefight Matchmaking.
- No longer have the drop ships to fire at, but there are still plenty of places to get assists. Nadefight generally can net a fair amount and just punching the crap out of the enemies while other players kill them can work on anything besides Fistfight.

Short, Controlled Bursts - 1000cR
Kill 100 enemies with automatic weapons in the Campaign today.
- I don't suggest this for the LASO, do something else when going for this. Nightfall Rally Point Bravo and The Package Rally Point Bravo both have a a good place to kill Grunts and I'm pretty sure that you can trade for a AR in Nightfall at that Rally Point. Just reload the checkpoint and kill as per your needs for the challenge.

A Solid Outing - 1300cR
Earn at least 12 kills in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.
- Would probably suggest Multi-Team, but Invasion runs long enough that you can get 12 kills. And if you can pull a long survival in Living Dead that can work well too.

Last edited by Man Demon; 02-21-2011 at 08:33 PM. .

Old   
Tech Artist Offline
Goodbye HIH! <3

02-21-2011 , 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Demon View Post
Weekly Challenge:

ONI: LASO
- 11000cR
Complete ONI, Legendary, All Skulls On (LASO).
- Here we go again boys. This one is a bit tougher than the last so I suggest you take some TIPS. If you are the kind of person who just can't seem to handle the LASO on your lonesome, get a team of 3 other players and just don't be an idiot killing yourself killed all the time.
Actually you can get the Hog over the barrier solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb3kDE1ByMg

Old   
Spartan-043 Offline

02-21-2011 , 04:56 PM

Can't help but notice that the Blind skull appears to be optional for this LASO. Look at the list of skulls in the challenge requirements. It's also not active when you "Jump to appropriate lobby".
That's good news; this would be impossible for me without my HUD.

Old   
DJLO Offline

Send a message via AIM to DJLOSend a message via MSN to DJLO
02-21-2011 , 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan-043 View Post
Can't help but notice that the Blind skull appears to be optional for this LASO. Look at the list of skulls in the challenge requirements. It's also not active when you "Jump to appropriate lobby".
guessing they got a lot of complaints after wc: slaso. that sheet was haaaard! this is still impossible even with hud, currently browsing to find some trick to make this easier.

Old   
Tech Artist Offline
Goodbye HIH! <3

02-21-2011 , 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan-043 View Post
WHAT? ..... Wow, I wish I knew that before me and 2 of my friends did this today. Spent like 2 and 1/2 hours doing that challenge. The satisfaction completing that was amazing. That 1st part, was a pain in the ass.

If you attempt this on your own or you attempt it with a group, make sure you let the AI do most of the killing, ecpesially on the beginning. You will have to risk your life a bit and help Kat out(or else it will take her FOREVER to kill everything) but for the most part you can stand back. Make sure you keep moving up as Kat push the enemy back. I recommend running down the left to where the Ammo Crate in Score Attack is as soon as that part is clear(you'll probably have to do this yourself).

Good luck to anyone that attempts this. Make sure you devote 3 or more hours to this as it will likely take that long(unless your like pro at the game then well this challenge should be easier for you).

Old   
Man Demon Offline

02-22-2011 , 09:44 AM

Light Fare - 1000cR
- Between firefight and Matchmaking for the other challenges this should be no problem.

Just Hold On... - 1500cR
Complete 6 Rounds in Firefight Matchmaking without dying.
- Rounds are 5 waves. So 2 games of Firefight Arcade without dying or more if you do die. There may still be the glitch though where if you die in round 2, you still can't get it for round 3.

Points Pyramid - 1500cR
Score 25,000 points on any Campaign mission.
- Long Night of Solace Rally Point Alpha on the highest difficulty you can muster with all the skulls you can handle. Should get this At the end of the banshee wave or the beginning of the Seraph wave. Alternatively, New Alexandria with a similar setup for difficulty and skulls, and just fly around shooting everything.

Freelancing - 2100cR
Earn at least 21 kills in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.
- Grifball, Team Objective, and Invasion are all really good because you can get a lot of kills and the game is determined by how many you get, i.e. won't end earlier if everyone is getting tons of kills.

Old   
Man Demon Offline

02-23-2011 , 10:05 AM

More than a Handful - 1000cR
Kill 25 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.
- You should get this on your way to completing The Love of the Game, and if you don't you are seriously doing something wrong.

Blast Radius - 1250cR
Kill 75 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with grenades.
- What? 75! I have no idea how many games this would take to actually do. But, you may be at it for a while. Best tip I have is get Nadefight as you spawn with 4 of each type as opposed to just two. Just know going in, you will have to put effort in, so if you are a challenge completionist good luck to you, if you aren't maybe pass this up.
**EDIT: Just got this in a single game of Nadefight. Tool of Destruction was Plasma Grenade at 63 kills. The rest were frag grenades. So, it's not as hard as you may think and don't worry about dying that just means you'll be back up to 8 grenades.

The Little Guys - 1000cR
Kill 75 Grunts in Campaign today on Normal or harder.
- Nightfall Rally Point Bravo and The Package Rally Point Bravo both have a good place to kill Grunts. Just reload the checkpoint and kill as per your needs for the challenge. Nightfall has 4 and a shorter wait for a checkpoint, but The Package has 6 and a longer wait, so which every you are more interested in.

The Love of the Game - 2000cR
Complete 20 games in multiplayer Matchmaking.
- This is just time put in. Find shorter games, if you can get a majority vote going on take a group into Living Dead and vote for Safe Havens as those games end very quickly. Grifball can end quick if you have a really awesome team or a very terrible team. Or just put time into your favorite gametype.

Last edited by Man Demon; 02-23-2011 at 11:45 AM. .

Old   
zsmith28 Offline

02-23-2011 , 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Demon View Post
Blast Radius - 1250cR
Kill 75 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with grenades.
- What? 75! I have no idea how many games this would take to actually do. But, you may be at it for a while. Best tip I have is get Nadefight as you spawn with 4 of each type as opposed to just two. Just know going in, you will have to put effort in, so if you are a challenge completionist good luck to you, if you aren't maybe pass this up.
I would recommend doing Gruntpocalypse on Holdout for this one. Plasmas get dropped quite frequently with each grunt you kill, so if you hang back in the spawn and stick 'em as they come in you can get quite a few. This is what I've used in past challenges, not sure how often this game type and map come up now since the update, but it's something to look for

Last edited by zsmith28; 02-24-2011 at 07:18 AM. .

Old   
Lagg0r Offline
I can has sooperbounces?

Send a message via ICQ to Lagg0rSend a message via Skype™ to Lagg0r
02-23-2011 , 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsmith28 View Post
I would recommend doing Gruntpocalypse on Holdout for this one. Plasmas get dropped quite frequently with each grunt you kill, so if you hang back in the span and stick 'em as they come in you can get quite a few. This is what I've used in past challenges, not sure how often this game type and map come up now since the update, but it's something to look for

good idea.
I just did this and got 68 nade kills in the game, but then had no more lives left since I had to walk around without cover to pick up the grenades all the time.

Another idea would probably be any kind of firefight on corvette and spam grenades into the reinforcement-rooms every time a new wave arrives.

Old   
repivemag Offline

Send a message via MSN to repivemag
02-24-2011 , 03:18 AM

Okay, I just did the weekly on Solo. My God. That requires a lot of luck. I think it should go without saying these should be completed with a friend. Iron is possibly the cruelest invention for a game I've seen. Starting from the beginning on solo if you die. It just hurts.

Old   
Man Demon Offline

02-24-2011 , 10:23 AM

Covenant-cide - 1100cR
Kill 120 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.
- 1-2 games depending on what you play and how many kills you get in the first one, not too hard you just need to know what you're doing. But, to get everything you need to play at least 2 games anyway, so don't fret if you won't make it in one game.

Just Holdout - 1125cR
Kill 150 enemies on Holdout in Firefight Matchmaking.
- I don't think this can be pull off in a single game, so it might have to be 2. 2X Score Attack and hiding in the starting room should be pretty easy though.

...And Recreation - 1000cR
Kill 100 enemies on Beachhead on Heroic in Firefight Matchmaking.
- Again 2X Score Attack is a good option, as it takes very few bullets to actually kill things.

Hyper Lethal Vector - 1000cR
Kill 100 enemies with headshots in Firefight Matchmaking.
- DMR can be very powerful in 2X Score Attack, so you may be getting a lot of kills without getting a lot of headshots, but you've got about 3 games anyway, so just keep at it or switch to Gruntpocalypse for a bit.

Old   
Man Demon Offline

02-25-2011 , 09:32 AM

More than a Handful - 2310cR
Kill 77 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.
- Just time in again. Should take about 3-8 games, so just stick to your favorites and try to have a good time.

Sticky Icky Icky - 1250cR
Earn 3 sticky grenade Kills in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.
- Multi-Team gives plenty of opportunities for sticks and so does Invasion. It doesn't really say, but I'm pretty sure it only counts if it is in fact a stick.

Now I have a Machine Gun - 1500cR
Earn 100 kills with automatic weapons in multiplayer Matchmaking.
- This will take longer than some might like. AR, Plasma Repeater, Plasma Rifle, and Needler. Stick to gametypes that start out with ARs and just stay back far enough to avoid being meleed.

Vengeance Found - 1000cR
Earn your 'Revenge' in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.
- This is a pretty easy medal, and you should have no problem getting one yourself as you play regularly. I mean it's going to be a fair amount of games today, it has to happen at least once.

Old   
Man Demon Offline

02-26-2011 , 09:00 AM

Shootin' and Lootin' - 2000cR
Kill 400 enemies in any game mode in Reach.
- After all the other challenges it may be a good idea to do a couple firefight matches to finish this off.

Secondary Fire - 1875cR
Earn 25 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.
- Multi-team can still work well for assists, which is where you should mostly focus on this challenge. Try to do a fair amount of damage to the opponents and have a teammate finish them off. Heck, the best assists I got was from sniping people once in the body and letting everyone else take the kill.

This is My Rifle... - 1400cR
Earn 77 kills with precision weapons in multiplayer Matchmaking.
- Team Swat is going to be the fastest way to earn this as long as you don't get pulled into a Swat Magnums game.

The Magic Number - 1350cR
Complete 7 games in multiplayer Matchmaking.
- This is just to complete, so you should be able to finish this before the previous two challenges, or get really really close.