Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Tricker_against_daodds Offline

Green door on SI and Golden Staircase Room for Grumpy - 02-04-2011 , 06:21 AM

Ok the title for the last thread would have been too long with this added so i made a separate thread. Since Grumpy wanted to see how big the barrier is on the Golden Staircase I'm posting this video. It also shows the bottom of the cable room and the Green Door on SI. There are actually 2 green doors here one is hidden while the other is visible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4X6VgszVwQ

Also the barrier on the golden staircase room is incredibly thick so it's going to be very hard for someone to get in there. There are no death barriers in there since I think I did that and the Green door one at the same time. Also the odd thing is if you skip the gondola and skip the fight with the huge sentinel then what is in the Green Door room is different. Which I find very odd. Anyway hope you enjoy the video.

Old   
grumpy Offline

02-04-2011 , 03:15 PM

Awesome footage but you should mention yelo.

Green Door - The extra door was amazing. Is that where the map overlap is, the first door in the first canyon?

GS Room - Yeah, I figured the side entrance was too thick. If you have time I'd like to see how thick the ceiling of the GS room is. That's really where I'm trying to get through. Also, how deep and wide is that room (toward the back), does it go back toward the Flood passageways?

Cable Room - Could you see the very bottom @ 8:07?

I'll watch the others later.

Old   

02-04-2011 , 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
Awesome footage but you should mention yelo.

Green Door - The extra door was amazing. Is that where the map overlap is, the first door in the first canyon?

GS Room - Yeah, I figured the side entrance was too thick. If you have time I'd like to see how thick the ceiling of the GS room is. That's really where I'm trying to get through. Also, how deep and wide is that room (toward the back), does it go back toward the Flood passageways?

Cable Room - Could you see the very bottom @ 8:07?

I'll watch the others later.
Oh I didn't mention yelo in this thread? My bad I thought I did i posted all of these at like 3 in the morning last night so im not surprised i forgot some of that.
Green Door- yeah it's where the first door was before, no idea why they decided to make both of them green lol.
GS- wait so you're trying to get through the cieling of the GS room? I could go back and record that and update this thread with it if that's what you're trying to do. I didn't record too much on that place on purpose as not to ruin it but i'll show how deep it is if you want.

Old   
grumpy Offline

02-04-2011 , 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricker_against_daodds View Post
Oh I didn't mention yelo in this thread? My bad I thought I did i posted all of these at like 3 in the morning last night so im not surprised i forgot some of that.
Green Door- yeah it's where the first door was before, no idea why they decided to make both of them green lol.
GS- wait so you're trying to get through the cieling of the GS room? I could go back and record that and update this thread with it if that's what you're trying to do. I didn't record too much on that place on purpose as not to ruin it but i'll show how deep it is if you want.
Yeah, walk around more in there and go through the ceiling. I want to see how thick it is right below the pillar that's above the door, that's where I've been punching through.

Old   

02-04-2011 , 07:26 PM

Quote:
Yeah, walk around more in there and go through the ceiling. I want to see how thick it is right below the pillar that's above the door, that's where I've been punching through.
K will do, I thought you were still trying to go through the side entrance my bad. And damn so many views but no posts on these topics lol.

Old   
grumpy Offline

02-04-2011 , 07:29 PM

Quote:
And damn so many views but no posts on these topics lol.
Such is the way these days. I'll post on the other 2 vids later when I can watch them properly.

Old   
ODST Offline
HIH <3

Send a message via Skype™ to ODST
02-05-2011 , 12:24 PM

Ermm.. just in general, do we even know the reason the green door is even there?

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
02-05-2011 , 01:18 PM

Sorry to say, but I can't watch any of your vids because of copyright issues =/

Old   

02-05-2011 , 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
Sorry to say, but I can't watch any of your vids because of copyright issues =/
What? That's really odd let me try and find a mirror or i'll just upload them to some download site. So for all of them including the cable room without mods it says it's copyrighted? Hmmmm i'll have to wait till tomorrow to do whatever i do for it cause i'm going to be gone for most of the day

Old   
grumpy Offline

02-05-2011 , 07:46 PM

Quote:
What? That's really odd let me try and find a mirror or i'll just upload them to some download site. So for all of them including the cable room without mods it says it's copyrighted? Hmmmm i'll have to wait till tomorrow to do whatever i do for it cause i'm going to be gone for most of the day
Put them on GameFront, that way you don't have to change the music (that's probably why it's a copyright thing).

Old   

02-05-2011 , 10:27 PM

Quote:
Put them on GameFront, that way you don't have to change the music (that's probably why it's a copyright thing).
K thanks I'll try that i'll do that probably tomorrow during the day so check back then HB

Here's one of them so far the rest will come late tonight or tomorrow
Great Journey Cutscenes and end game and hole in gj:

http://www.filefront.com/17907416/Ex...cutscenes.wmv/

pt. 2:http://www.filefront.com/17914720/Gr...lore-pt.2.wmv/

Heretic cutscene: http://www.filefront.com/17916370/Armory Cutscene.wmv

Sacred Icon Green Door and Golden Staircase room + Bottom of cable room with mods:
http://www.filefront.com/17916690/Sa...with-mods.mov/

Bottom of the Cable room without mods: http://www.filefront.com/17917785/Bo...able-Room.wmv/

Last edited by Tricker_against_daodds; 02-09-2011 at 05:40 PM. .

Old   

02-09-2011 , 05:40 PM

bump so HB can see the download links above

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
02-10-2011 , 03:51 PM

Downloading right now. I'll comment when I watched all of them.

Old   

02-20-2011 , 11:28 PM

Lol HB you finish watching them yet?

Old   
NOKYARD Offline
Custom User Title

Send a message via AIM to NOKYARDSend a message via MSN to NOKYARDSend a message via Yahoo to NOKYARDSend a message via Skype™ to NOKYARD
04-03-2011 , 06:29 AM

Quote:
Sacred Icon Green Door and Golden Staircase room + Bottom of cable room with mods:
http://www.filefront.com/17916690/Sa...with-mods.mov/
This video confirms (for me) that i wasn't crazy when, so many years ago, i said i had been in the Golden Staircase room on my second play-through of the game.

The room is exactly as i remember it.

The trick is to now figure out how to remove the barriers and trigger the hidden message in that room.

For those of you who don't remember the original thread. The small pedestal in the center of the room contains the message "I love you (girl's name). The lettering seemed to be negatively reflective, meaning the letters were cut out of a reflective surface, leaving the natural surface to form the letters, rather than the letters being a decal. I would guess it is hidden in a bump-map somewhere. I could only see it with the glow of a weapon, possibly a Plasma Pistol overcharge. Past haxorz has shown the message does not show up while the barriers are intact. I cannot recall what steps may have removed them since i spent over 2 hours goofing around in the area prior to jumping into the small room.

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-03-2011 , 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOKYARD View Post
This video confirms (for me) that i wasn't crazy when, so many years ago, i said i had been in the Golden Staircase room on my second play-through of the game.

The room is exactly as i remember it.

The trick is to now figure out how to remove the barriers and trigger the hidden message in that room.

For those of you who don't remember the original thread. The small pedestal in the center of the room contains the message "I love you (girl's name). The lettering seemed to be negatively reflective, meaning the letters were cut out of a reflective surface, leaving the natural surface to form the letters, rather than the letters being a decal. I would guess it is hidden in a bump-map somewhere. I could only see it with the glow of a weapon, possibly a Plasma Pistol overcharge. Past haxorz has shown the message does not show up while the barriers are intact. I cannot recall what steps may have removed them since i spent over 2 hours goofing around in the area prior to jumping into the small room.
What? What message? What pedestal? You were inside alive, how? Please take some time and explain all this.

Old   
NOKYARD Offline
Custom User Title

Send a message via AIM to NOKYARDSend a message via MSN to NOKYARDSend a message via Yahoo to NOKYARDSend a message via Skype™ to NOKYARD
04-03-2011 , 05:38 PM

You can kind of see the small pedestal just to the right of his grenade at the bottom of the video screen.

The original discussion is in a very long thread called The Golden Staircase (there were 2 versions of this thread, one may have been in Forum v2). Several pages in a modder verified the room looks like a diagram i had drawn from memory. This video confirms for me that i was indeed sane, and that i had gotten into the room. The modder did not see the message and could not find a decal or the coding for the triggers, which is why i believe the message is hidden in a bump map and can only be seen with a light source (like Hi Ben) after the barriers are removed.

I spent weeks failing to re-create the steps involved to remove the barrier and reveal the message.

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-03-2011 , 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOKYARD View Post
You can kind of see the small pedestal just to the right of his grenade at the bottom of the video screen.

The original discussion is in a very long thread called The Golden Staircase (there were 2 versions of this thread, one may have been in Forum v2). Several pages in a modder verified the room looks like a diagram i had drawn from memory. This video confirms for me that i was indeed sane, and that i had gotten into the room. The modder did not see the message and could not find a decal or the coding for the triggers, which is why i believe the message is hidden in a bump map and can only be seen with a light source (like Hi Ben) after the barriers are removed.

I spent weeks failing to re-create the steps involved to remove the barrier and reveal the message.
Does one of the threads have a detailed description of how you think you did it?

Old   

04-03-2011 , 05:59 PM

I'm calling bullschlapskie on the letters but im going to check that out on the off chance you're telling the truth.

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

04-03-2011 , 06:16 PM

Quote:
I'm calling bullschlapskie on the letters but im going to check that out on the off chance you're telling the truth.
I don't know him TOO well, but I've seen him around HIH a lot, and my first instinct would hesitate to call BS on NOKYARD.