Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite HIH Website News and Announcements HIH Website News and Announcements
HIH Website News and Announcements Site specific information as well as important special announcements will be posted here.
Notices

Old   
Ducain Offline
Ahhhhh....yeeeaaahhhh

Into the Halo 2 Cairo cutscene room - done - 01-12-2014 , 06:22 PM

Another long-time and seemingly impossible tricking goal has, like T2T, succumbed to the sheer force of will from a Halo tricking community that simply refused to give up on it. Many people from the Halo 2 tricking days have contributed to this challenge over the years, and it was very recently completed by DrBizz.

Since I’ve never been as knowledgeable as I’d like regarding Halo 2 tricking, CoD15 (via the HIH Facebook group) stepped up to help me describe the significance of the accomplishment:

“On the 2nd level, Cairo Station, at the very end of the level there is a room below the final playable area of the game that's reserved for the final cutscene where Master Chief opens the doors to the space station and grabs hold of the covenant bomb, sending him out of the ship with it.

This is the cutscene I'm referring to:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpByy8bRzyo

For roughly 10 years, trickers have worked on trying to get themselves into this "cutscene room." Many have tried, many have failed. It's Halo 2's equivalent (effort-wise) of Halo 1's T2T.”

Well done DrBizz, and congrats to the community as a whole for sticking it out for this one. Definitely worthy of unfreezing the cryo tank for just a moment.

Youtube link
Jumprs.org forum thread

Ducain - HIH Admin - Ducain@gmail.com

Last edited by Ducain; 01-14-2014 at 07:33 PM. .

Old   
ODST Offline
HIH <3

Send a message via Skype™ to ODST
01-12-2014 , 06:29 PM

DrBizz is one of the best trickers to come out. Hes accomplished major achievements and has kept the Halo 2 tricking community alive. Huge congratulations to him for defeating this challenge and props to everyone who was there to help and support.

Well done buddy.

Old   
NOKYARD Offline
Custom User Title

Send a message via AIM to NOKYARDSend a message via MSN to NOKYARDSend a message via Yahoo to NOKYARDSend a message via Skype™ to NOKYARD
01-12-2014 , 07:06 PM

Where's the "pickle"? Leave it behind?

Congratz DrBizz!

Old   
uberfoop Offline

01-12-2014 , 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Soda King View Post
EDIT: And when cutscene room is finished, you'll open back up for that, too?
Evidently so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOKYARD View Post
Where's the "pickle"? Leave it behind?

Congratz DrBizz!
He doesn't need a bomb, he's got an extra Spartan!

New challenge, cutscene room single-player!

Old   
xskarface Offline
See ya laser ;)

Send a message via MSN to xskarface
01-12-2014 , 09:21 PM

I was never very knowledgeable about the specifics of this trick, however I do know that it was insanely difficult. With that being said, it's absolutely incredible that this has been pulled off. Congrats for kicking this challenges ass, and a big thanks to Duke for letting us on here to post one last time. Feels good to be here again!

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -=MaToR=-Send a message via MSN to -=MaToR=-Send a message via Yahoo to -=MaToR=-
01-12-2014 , 09:25 PM

Fantastic work Dr. Bizz, and thanks for the post Ducain.

Posting here on HIH is such amazing nostalgia. Man, THE FEELS!

Not sure if I should be sad or happy, but regardless this is a moment to go down in the history books.

Halo Tricking forever.

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
01-12-2014 , 07:12 PM

'There are those who said this day would never come.. What are they to say now?'

I can only say, this is probably the greatest trick that has ever been done. DrBizz has worked on the setup for over a year, so make sure to check out the videos of the setup and the background when they are released.
It's amazing how, after almost 10 years, this challange finally gets completed. So many thoughts and so much persistence have gone into this to finally make it work.

Congratulations to DrBizz, you are one of the greatest and most inspiring trickers ever.

HIH.... It feels so good to post here once again.

Old   
grumpy Offline

01-12-2014 , 07:46 PM

Thanks Duke, awesome being here one last time.

Old   
AllShallPerish Offline

Location: I've walked down the road just to find that I'm alone.
Send a message via ICQ to AllShallPerishSend a message via AIM to AllShallPerish
01-12-2014 , 08:21 PM

Again, congratulations on pulling off this master piece of a trick! This definitely deserves to be engraved in here on HIH, alongside of T2T :)

It also feels great to post here again!

Old   
jaggedShrapnel Offline
the j is uncapitalized

Send a message via AIM to jaggedShrapnelSend a message via MSN to jaggedShrapnel
01-12-2014 , 08:27 PM

Even after all the years I've been a part of this amazing community, it's still mind blowing to me to see how far we can push the games we love.

This is the place that truly made me believe that anything you set your mind to is possible. That in and of itself is absolutely invaluable to me, and this trick alone is a shining example of the lunacy that inspires that mindset.

Thank you for never giving up, and thank you for doing HIH justice.

Old   
Chas Offline
J + E = <3

Send a message via AIM to Chas
01-12-2014 , 08:36 PM

Feels nice to get a chance to post again. Thank god for the HIH Facebook page helping to spread this.
I remember spending hours attempting this back in 2007 or so, and eventually thought it was a lost cause. Its amazing to that there are community members here still attempting some of the oldest tricks out there. Wonderful work! And I am so happy to see this legitimately completed.

The fact that there is still stuff being accomplished in Halo 2, and not the newer Halo titles, really goes to show how amazing of a game this was for glitching. It is a shame we do not even have a quarter of the stuff to do in Halo 4 tricking-wise. There is always the future, however. Who knows what will get thrown at us.

Old   
Xwo Offline
It's all about having fun

Send a message via AIM to XwoSend a message via Skype™ to Xwo
01-12-2014 , 08:23 PM

It's nice to be here again. Great job on completing this awesome trick, Bizz.

I'll miss this website more than words can describe. I'm so incredibly sad to see it go. I want to say thanks to all the staff that have kept this place up and running for all this time. I'm proud to have been a part of such an amazing website and such a great community. Thanks for all the wonderful memories.

Farewell, HIH.

Xwo

Old   
marioman769 Offline

01-12-2014 , 09:38 PM

Damn it feels weird to be posting on this account again... A little dirty actually.

SuperWaffle here. And As I said before bizz, you have closed a chapter of tricking history that started almost a decade ago. You will be mentioned with the great halo 2 trickery like due lies, grumpy, POTS, and countless others over these last 10 years.

Relish in your accomplishment. You earned it for sure. I'm so proud of you. I knew if this would ever be done, it would be done by you. So I think we all would like to thank you for not giving up.

I don't know what else to say really. Except thanks. Let's celebrate!

p.s: looking through my old posts feels like looking at a totally different person.

Old   
grumpy Offline

Gramps - 01-12-2014 , 10:45 PM

I decided to let anyone interested see a 65 old man. Sorry if it doesn't work, this is the only pic of me, taken by mistake about 3 weeks ago:

http://rs1115.pbsrc.com/albums/k558/...0?t=1389493742

Old   
Tricker_against_daodds Offline

01-12-2014 , 10:48 PM

T2T and the cutscene room, after lurking for so long I can't believe they're actually done. Congrats to bizz. I'm surprised it happened but not surprised it was you that pulled it off.

Old   
Spuff Offline
Touch Mah Ankles

Send a message via AIM to SpuffSend a message via MSN to SpuffSend a message via Yahoo to Spuff
Lightbulb 01-12-2014 , 11:42 PM

After years and years of attempts. Someone finally did it.

Congratulations!!

This was absolutely incredible!!!

If anyone is wondering, here is the link to the facebook group for HIH members to keep up with each other. It stays decently active but not overbearing!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/highimpacthalo/

Old   
Causeofdeath15 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Causeofdeath15Send a message via Skype™ to Causeofdeath15
01-12-2014 , 11:59 PM

This is a statement to and by gamers and trickers alike that truly anything is possible when we dedicate ourselves to our respective crafts. This is a feat that has been a culmination of years of hard work and dedication and it's only fitting that it got it's shout out here, a site build on it's community and talented trickers.

Even now, after years of cryo-sleep, we all gather to praise the determination of the community as a whole. This isn't just a win for Bizz. This is win for all of us as a community and it's a bittersweet victory. I find myself asking "What now?"

Bizz is one of the best damn trickers I've ever seen. I'm sure that this accomplishment will fuel his love for tricking and drive him to take on new challenges much like the Cutscene Room. Cheers, Bizz.

It feels good to post here again. Even if it is just temporary. And thanks for the mention, Duke. Hopefully this won't be the last time HIH opens it's doors for a special occasion. There are always more miracles to perform!

Sleep tight, HIH. We'll wake you when we need you.

Old   
flechette Offline

01-13-2014 , 01:56 AM

Where to begin? How do you really describe a trick?

I had just watched the video of MisterMonopoli's speedrun of Halo 2 at AGDQ when I saw this video linked on the HighImpactHalo Facebook page. It grabbed my attention. My wife had sat down next to me, and I confused her by explaining the video as best as I could, with no preparation that anything of the sort was coming.

"He's overloaded the games memory, to make a weaponless enemy that can't harm him, so he can carry a checkpoint. You see, the grenades stick to the boxes when they land on the box. So you can move the box yourself and carry a ton more grenades that you normally could anywhere in the map. He has to have one player stare at the grenades to prevent them from despawning from memory. He's using GruntBirthdayParty, a skull or powerup that allows him to have overshields so he can do these grenade jumps. He's used a method called BAWing. Uh, basically he puts himself between weak geometry in the level and an explosion, and it can push him through the wall, into places that can't normally be reached."

Nostalgia. Holy cow, the waves of nostalgia. I gravitate towards the Halo runs the most when I know they're coming, but I was not expecting someone to do the impossible. Who else here spent hours riding on the backs of jetpack elites? How many of you laid eyes on the room from outside of Cairo Station on your own Xbox, and wondered 'How?'.

There are tricks that seem like a simple thing at first glance, but are much more intense in terms of actual work needed. If T2T was Halo's Holy Grail, than this trick is The Ark of Halo 2. To those of us who were here for HIH's glory days, this is an important part of our history. This is a missing link of Halo, a trick loved and loathed.

To put this all into perspective, I had to go back, I had to see just how long this question of how to get in has been around. The first post I could find with the question in the title was this one, posted by guns_n_cars on Nov 12, 2004, 3 days after Halo 2 was released. There were already trick videos being posted. 40 megabyte videos were considered large, and streaming video was almost always out of the question. Youtube wouldn't exist for another 4 months.

Let that sink in. We've wanted to see this since before Youtube.

I am so lucky to have been a part of such a great community. Seriously guys, we made history, and we're still making history. The people doing the tricks and speedruns today are true pioneers, and not just in terms of in-game exploration. You guys are all making history by playing this game and sharing your knowledge and love. When our grandchildren as us what the beginning of the internet looked like, we can point to this site and say to them, this is what it was like for me. It was a community of like-minded individuals who could connect on a global scale over anything and everything. I was there, I was a part of it, and it was fricking beautiful.

Thanks so much for everything guys!

Old   
TeamAmerica1 Offline
Music and more music.

Send a message via AIM to TeamAmerica1Send a message via MSN to TeamAmerica1Send a message via Skype™ to TeamAmerica1
01-13-2014 , 04:23 AM

Wow...such a huge amount of nostalgia, posting in an HIH thread again...

Great job. In my opinion, this is Halo 2's most significant campaign trick, considering the many years it's been attempted. Thanks, Duke, for unlocking HIH, even if only for a few moments. I often find myself remembering the good ol' days, and it's great to be able to make one last post here.

Again, DrBizz, amazing job cracking this trick. I will always have love for all you guys. Until next time! =)

Old   
Dark Navi Offline
Is that a anime?

Send a message via AIM to Dark NaviSend a message via MSN to Dark NaviSend a message via Skype™ to Dark Navi
01-13-2014 , 04:31 AM

Nice.

7char