Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
xlax007 Offline

03-07-2011 , 04:13 AM

sounds good though :)

Can't you just steer the sentinel over the deathbarrier? It will be a close call but it is probably possible. check this vid: I missed the killbarrier by not more than 20 cm. see 6:20 in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH8k8zgTopc
Just make sure you stay at the very end of the sentinel, almost falling off. From the first clip you steered the sentinel in the pillar, the safe airvent is quite close..

Also: With sputnik on you can move the boxes quite nicely with a plasma rifle and carbine.

Old   
Tricker_against_daodds Offline

03-08-2011 , 04:19 PM

Thanks for the idea xlax i'll definitely try that soon.

Also here's the update video showing me getting further down into the bottom and onto the sloped area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j45_iCpvplg

Old   
xlax007 Offline

03-08-2011 , 04:55 PM

Awesome! =)

I call that the bottom of the map!

The trench is just the super bottom and an extra challenge. The view at 1:25 is insane.
Also: When you drop down It looks like the falltimer, it should be possible to survive. I wondered why you kept crouching in the middle part, turned out the killbarrier is right above your head xD Very nice, new unexplored area. Also: At 1:25 it looks like a whole map, like the lightbridge structure from 'halo' in halo 1. Did I mention the quality is awesome for a shaky cam? :P

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-08-2011 , 05:22 PM

Yeah man, awesome. Damn, that was nice. Do whatever editing you need (if any) and put it in your OP and I'll submit this. Freaking awesome, you are officially an HIH legit trickster!

Old   

03-08-2011 , 08:15 PM

Wow thanks guys! I don't think I need to edit any of it but i'd sure appreciate that grumpy! Lol and yeah when i dropped onto the boxes that was 3 of them stacked just in case it was hard to see i could barely make out how many were there when i was actually playing lol.

@xlax: Yeah it looks amazing from down there especially how the lights keep moving off the ceiling and everything. And holy crap you're right it does look like the light bridge! Lol thanks it's a hd camera taping hd tv in the dark so im guessing that has something to do with the quality lol.

Old   
MetalFan123 Offline

03-08-2011 , 11:18 PM

I have a suggestion for getting down the pit successfully. If you can get 2 players down on the slope there is a way to make it onto the box. Im not a halo 2 tricker, I trick halo 3 and reach, but a method I use alot and you may be familiar with, is a head jump while falling. If you crouch on the other players head and he walks off the edge slowly, and then you jump off his head in midair, you will get more time since you cancelled the fall timer. I don't know how efficient this is in halo 2, but I think it should work the same way, but I don't know anything about halo 2. If you have time try this method and see if it works.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-08-2011 , 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalFan123 View Post
I have a suggestion for getting down the pit successfully. If you can get 2 players down on the slope there is a way to make it onto the box. Im not a halo 2 tricker, I trick halo 3 and reach, but a method I use alot and you may be familiar with, is a head jump while falling. If you crouch on the other players head and he walks off the edge slowly, and then you jump off his head in midair, you will get more time since you cancelled the fall timer. I don't know how efficient this is in halo 2, but I think it should work the same way, but I don't know anything about halo 2. If you have time try this method and see if it works.
Great idea MF, I also have a way to extend the fall-time but your way sounds easy.

Old   

03-09-2011 , 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
Great idea MF, I also have a way to extend the fall-time but your way sounds easy.
I'll try it tonight but i'm almost certain the trench is full of a killbarriers

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
03-09-2011 , 06:56 AM

I could never really get that method to work in H2, but that does not mean anything.
I rather think the killbarriers are the problem on this one, as TaD said.

Grumpy, are you talking about the falltime glitch with the enlarged character model while breathing, which gives you about 10cm more of falling height before dieing?

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-09-2011 , 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
I could never really get that method to work in H2, but that does not mean anything.
I rather think the killbarriers are the problem on this one, as TaD said.

Grumpy, are you talking about the falltime glitch with the enlarged character model while breathing, which gives you about 10cm more of falling height before dieing?
No, you can get extreme distance on falltime. In coop (it helps to have a CP), you can greatly extend falltime by both players jumping off but you need to time the deaths. In SI I can get to the bottom of the Green door canyon by having P2 jump off the edge, then P1 follows and on the way down P2 dies but P1 makes it to the bottom while P2 is in death mode.

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
03-09-2011 , 02:51 PM

Quote:
No, you can get extreme distance on falltime. In coop (it helps to have a CP), you can greatly extend falltime by both players jumping off but you need to time the deaths. In SI I can get to the bottom of the Green door canyon by having P2 jump off the edge, then P1 follows and on the way down P2 dies but P1 makes it to the bottom while P2 is in death mode.
Heh, I forgot about the Deathcam thing. I've never gotten around to try it myself.

Old   
SamFukal Offline

03-10-2011 , 07:59 PM

This is pretty cool. I was never able to find a safe spot myself. I eventually assumed it was all death barrier from there on. I am sure getting to the bottom of that would be easy with a fuel rod or a grenade. Again, pretty cool.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-10-2011 , 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFukal View Post
This is pretty cool. I was never able to find a safe spot myself. I eventually assumed it was all death barrier from there on. I am sure getting to the bottom of that would be easy with a fuel rod or a grenade. Again, pretty cool.
Samwise, I thought you were marching around somewhere shooting things. PM me so I can know what you are doing with your life.

Old   
SamFukal Offline

03-13-2011 , 07:07 PM

Quote:
Samwise, I thought you were marching around somewhere shooting things. PM me so I can know what you are doing with your life.
Ended up having to wait. It'll be a little while before I leave. I've just been practicing my APFT in the meantime.

But as for the topic, it is nice to see new stuff still being found.

Old   
DJLO Offline

Send a message via AIM to DJLOSend a message via MSN to DJLO
03-14-2011 , 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricker_against_daodds View Post
K last video for now. Before I give a tut, I just want to say that this is definitely one of my favorite areas in Halo 2. I mean the lighting is just amazing in that room. Also the video comes with a tutorial so that you guys can get down t!
bout shat my pants when i read this, thought we were talking about the chandelier room for some reason

this is awesome though!

Old   
Ghost Faction Offline
The Ghost with the Most

03-15-2011 , 09:26 PM

This needs to be verified by someone we can trust

In case you guys have forgotten about this person, check out this thread: http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45446

Also http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56466

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-15-2011 , 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Faction View Post
This needs to be verified by someone we can trust

In case you guys have forgotten about this person, check out this thread: http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45446

Also http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56466
Xlax and I are satisfied, we went through the whole process with him.

Old   
xlax007 Offline

03-16-2011 , 12:31 PM

Against da odds I got into da Cutscene room!

LMAO I remember that thread.

That was an epic fail, especially when he tried it again xD

@ grumpy: +1
Approved by grump and X so this stuff is legit

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

03-16-2011 , 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlax007 View Post
Against da odds I got into da Cutscene room!

LMAO I remember that thread.

That was an epic fail, especially when he tried it again xD

@ grumpy: +1
Approved by grump and X so this stuff is legit
Is is possible to get in there without mods, though?

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-16-2011 , 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Soda King View Post
Is is possible to get in there without mods, though?
It's as close to impossible as it gets. You can get down the shaft with nades (requires 3 BAW's - 2 to drop nades down and 1 to get down with a BAW and corner ride. This is incredibly hard but not the near impossible part.

After getting down with nades you have to BAW from a tiny ledge and you get (at best) two tries. Impossible for my skills.

Or you can try a more complicated method from the exterior but you wind up on a window ledge to try a BAW and you only have one shot. It can turn a white mind black.