Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
xlax007 Offline

03-16-2011 , 04:07 PM

I'd say it is possible.

I wrote some big article somewhere but to get to the point:

P2 Rides one elite down and drop 4plasma+4frag on outer ledge. Suicide Player with needler
P2 Rides down again with full inventory.
P1 spawns next to him
Build a tight BAW pile of 4 frags+4 plasma
P1 has full inventory and overshield.
Overload for a Checkpoint by killing P2 many times.
CP.
BAW launch
Profit

Difficult? yes.

Old   
Tricker_against_daodds Offline

03-16-2011 , 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Soda King View Post
Is is possible to get in there without mods, though?
It's possible cause there's no death barriers or anything like that but it's just insanely hard to be able to pull off that baw on the little ledges in the elevator shaft. Really the only person i think could pull this off is xlax.

And to the guy who doubted me, you could just try it yourself? I assure you there are no mods, although it was most definitely against da odds. LOL sorry couldn't help it.

Old   
xlax007 Offline

03-16-2011 , 04:08 PM

LOL,

also: we posted at the exact same time (8:07). I was published first woohoo

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-16-2011 , 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricker_against_daodds View Post
although it was most definitely against da odds. LOL sorry couldn't help it.
Lol, get out of town.

Old   

03-16-2011 , 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlax007 View Post
LOL,

also: we posted at the exact same time (8:07). I was published first woohoo
YAY my first same time post rofl. But yeah I agree that seems like it would work, just would take a lot of patience and skill. It's too bad we can't get more of the community interested in trying this lol.

Old   
xlax007 Offline

03-16-2011 , 04:12 PM

Lol, whats going on?

Spamming PM's with grumpy and activity in the forums... woohoo

edit OMG, just posted this message, checked it and again at the same time!!! xD (8:12)

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-16-2011 , 04:29 PM

Quote:
YAY my first same time post rofl. But yeah I agree that seems like it would work, just would take a lot of patience and skill. It's too bad we can't get more of the community interested in trying this lol.
Don't worry, there's one guy that might be able to pull this off and me and X know who. HB would know but he's not around much anymore, unfortunately.

Old   

03-16-2011 , 06:04 PM

Quote:
Lol, whats going on?

Spamming PM's with grumpy and activity in the forums... woohoo

edit OMG, just posted this message, checked it and again at the same time!!! xD (8:12)
Loooool wtf. This is insane. Grumpy who is it, you can't just say that and expect me not to be curious now.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-16-2011 , 06:13 PM

Quote:
Loooool wtf. This is insane. Grumpy who is it, you can't just say that and expect me not to be curious now.
It's all true, there's a guy out there that has been smokin' every trick (old and new) and he does them so fast I can't keep up with him.

He's got an epic variety vid that will come out soon so I don't want to spoil it. I'll PM you.

Old   
MrMonopoly Offline

03-16-2011 , 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
It's all true, there's a guy out there that has been smokin' every trick (old and new) and he does them so fast I can't keep up with him.

He's got an epic variety vid that will come out soon so I don't want to spoil it. I'll PM you.
I think I may be givin it a try soon too.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-17-2011 , 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMonopoly View Post
Cairo cutscene? That's on the list I was telling you about. You can try it from the inside or outside but either way it's a tough one. It's our T2T without a CP, although X has a way that might yield a CP.

X is around so you can PM him or me if you have questions, or you could ask here in this thread.

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
03-17-2011 , 10:00 AM

Quote:
I'd say it is possible.

I wrote some big article somewhere but to get to the point:

P2 Rides one elite down and drop 4plasma+4frag on outer ledge. Suicide Player with needler
P2 Rides down again with full inventory.
P1 spawns next to him
Build a tight BAW pile of 4 frags+4 plasma
P1 has full inventory and overshield.
Overload for a Checkpoint by killing P2 many times.
CP.
BAW launch
Profit

Difficult? yes.
Well, I did some experimentation with that setup in the first hallway on Cairo, where you encouter just the same ledges.
In my opinion, those ledges are way too small to get you a successful BAW. As you know, you need at least a certain angle between the pile and the wall to be able to be blown through the glass. However, this ledge is so thin that this angle is close to 0 degrees, which results in blasting you away parallel to the wall. I don't say it's impossible, but for a successful BAW in this place you need some strange things to happen, in other words, you need to get damn lucky.

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

03-17-2011 , 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
Well, I did some experimentation with that setup in the first hallway on Cairo, where you encouter just the same ledges.
In my opinion, those ledges are way too small to get you a successful BAW. As you know, you need at least a certain angle between the pile and the wall to be able to be blown through the glass. However, this ledge is so thin that this angle is close to 0 degrees, which results in blasting you away parallel to the wall. I don't say it's impossible, but for a successful BAW in this place you need some strange things to happen, in other words, you need to get damn lucky.
I have an idea, but it's probably not possible!

Is there any way to do this in Halo 2? Is there anyway to make the jet pack elite lose his AI and just stay in one spot? And will more than one grenade at a time stick to something?

Yes, I just suggested to see if you could BAW off a frozen floating elite, with multiple plasma grenades sticking to him but not blowing up until you somehow trigger them to. Very, very far out there idea, but I'm just curious.

Old   
xlax007 Offline

03-17-2011 , 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
yeah, an angle of 45 degrees is the best.
The blast will launch you parallel across the window for many times, but the angle is still like 5 degrees, or 20 if you are really close to the pile. The pile is only made out of 8 nades so you can jump really close to it.

@ Orange soda king: I remember watching that vid. Fun stuff. Too bad it s not possible in Halo 2, or else you could even BAW off from enemies :D
There are a couple of enemy physics gameplay exploits in H2, but I don't recall something like you described in Halo2.

Old   
LDG Offline

03-18-2011 , 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMonopoly View Post
If you put as much effort into this as you did for the t2t then youll probably get it

why attempt insanely improbable task that hasn't been accomplished after years of trying when you can attempt 2

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-18-2011 , 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDG View Post
If you put as much effort into this as you did for the t2t then youll probably get it

why attempt insanely improbable task that hasn't been accomplished after years of trying when you can attempt 2
When you attempt an insane trick for long enough, you get sick of it. If the Cairo cutscene is possible, boof is one of the few who could possibly do it. He just needs to practice a few BAW's before an actual attempt.

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

03-18-2011 , 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDG View Post

Ahahaha, that sums up the HIH mentality in a nutshell, right?

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-19-2011 , 06:47 PM

I just thought of something about the Cairo cutscene. The last few attempts to get down were done using the empty shaft. I had always tried the shaft with the lift in it. The door to the empty shaft never works and therefor the door below it will never work. However, since the shaft door with the lift works, the one below it might.

So I'm wondering, if you blast Johnson through and get him close to the ledge, will he open the door?

Blast Sarge down
P1 BAW's and corner rides down
P2 Spawns down
P2 gets on ledge
P1 sticks Sarge so he flies up toward the door
P2 strolls in when door opens
Profit

Maybe even use GBD skull. If Sarge opens the door, this will not be as hard as the other methods.

I suppose you could BAW P1 and Johnson down on the same BAW. Heh heh, even stick Sarge on the way down for the falltime.

Old   

03-19-2011 , 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
I just thought of something about the Cairo cutscene. The last few attempts to get down were done using the empty shaft. I had always tried the shaft with the lift in it. The door to the empty shaft never works and therefor the door below it will never work. However, since the shaft door with the lift works, the one below it might.

So I'm wondering, if you blast Johnson through and get him close to the ledge, will he open the door?

Blast Sarge down
P1 BAW's and corner rides down
P2 Spawns down
P2 gets on ledge
P1 sticks Sarge so he flies up toward the door
P2 strolls in when door opens
Profit

Maybe even use GBD skull. If Sarge opens the door, this will not be as hard as the other methods.

I suppose you could BAW P1 and Johnson down on the same BAW. Heh heh, even stick Sarge on the way down for the falltime.
The one below the lift doesnt lead to anywhere. It's only the one in the empty elevator shaft that leads to the cutscene room iirc

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-19-2011 , 08:48 PM

Quote:
The one below the lift doesnt lead to anywhere. It's only the one in the empty elevator shaft that leads to the cutscene room iirc
Lol, really, I thought there were two doors in the cutscene room. Have people always known this? How would they know? I already know how you know but am I the only one that doesn't know?

Do you think the empty shaft door would open if Johnson was down there?