Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Non-Halo Discussion Forum Technical Support
Technical Support All threads related to console/computer issues, movie making hardware/software, etc. can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
wizdum Offline
Warning Explosives in Use

Send a message via AIM to wizdumSend a message via MSN to wizdum
LCD or CRT - 01-20-2007 , 01:49 PM

I'm thinking about getting a new wide screen LCD monitor for my gaming computer, but I heard that sometimes LCD's aren't good for gaming because of the response time, so it looks like lag. Is this still the case? or was that just for older model LCD montitors? Whats a good response time to have?

Old   
galador Offline
Corgi, I dare say...

01-20-2007 , 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizdum
I'm thinking about getting a new wide screen LCD monitor for my gaming computer, but I heard that sometimes LCD's aren't good for gaming because of the response time, so it looks like lag. Is this still the case? or was that just for older model LCD montitors? Whats a good response time to have?
Most newer LCD monitors are quite fine for gaming, however, you want to make sure in the specs that it has a response time of at least 8ms or less. 6ms or less would be preferable, though.

Old   
Kalos Offline
hey human, call a rescue

01-20-2007 , 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galador
Most newer LCD monitors are quite fine for gaming, however, you want to make sure in the specs that it has a response time of at least 8ms or less. 6ms or less would be preferable, though.
That about sums it up.

Most LCD screens are at most 8ms now, though I've seen a few 16ms here and there, they're not very common, even on the less expensive side.

However, if you want pure visual quality and money is of no object, CRT is still on top but they are big and heavy.