Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Non-Halo Discussion Forum Yap and Blabber
Yap and Blabber Non-Halo, non-gaming discussion topics are welcome here. Beware of the ogre.
Notices

Old   
Tech Artist Offline
Goodbye HIH! <3

Send a message via AIM to Tech ArtistSend a message via MSN to Tech Artist
Most members online over 24 hours record challenge for April 5th - 03-19-2011 , 03:06 PM

So, me and Shad0wFlame have been talking and we want to do something big for HIH to go out on. So, we had to think of what would make the biggest impact and be frozen in time with the rest of the board. So, we came up with this:

The challenge

At the bottom of the main page is this:

What we want to do is have everyone we can get sign on to the HIH forums on April 5th at least once. We want to break that record on that day.

What do you all think? Do you think we could accomplish this and have HIH go out with a bang?

To those that haven't posted in this thread yet: http://www.highimpacthalo.org/forum/...ewpost&t=59597

Make sure you do between now and then. I'll remind everyone to on that day and hopefully we can get as many people as possible to post there. I think it would be better to post there on that day then here as that will be like a time capsule for the site with great stories and memories being shared. =)

EDIT: So, there is a small oversight on my part because I was unaware how this board's software worked. According to Ducain we can still break that record, it's just are names will not appear. There are 2 threads in which to sign your name so between now and then fill out one or both of those.

Last edited by Tech Artist; 03-22-2011 at 05:50 PM. .

Old   
Skulk Offline

03-19-2011 , 03:07 PM

I'm up for it. So sad to discuss things like this.

Old   
xskarface Offline
See ya laser ;)

Send a message via MSN to xskarface
03-19-2011 , 03:15 PM

I agree, this is probably the best idea to go out with a bang. Someone needs to get a hold of all the older members and get them to come back for one last time. Maybe a thread to write a goodbye as well? Just a thought.

Old   
Joshington Offline

Send a message via AIM to Joshington
03-19-2011 , 03:15 PM

i like the signing idea

if im not banned :P

Old   
Tech Artist Offline
Goodbye HIH! <3

Send a message via AIM to Tech ArtistSend a message via MSN to Tech Artist
03-19-2011 , 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xskarface View Post
I agree, this is probably the best idea to go out with a bang. Someone needs to get a hold of all the older members and get them to come back for one last time. Maybe a thread to write a goodbye as well? Just a thought.
http://www.highimpacthalo.org/forum/...ewpost&t=59597

I am gonna make sure to remind everyone to post there the day this happens. I think it is the best place for everyone to say their goodbyes. Think of that and this as a virtual time capsule of this amazing place that will be there for everyone to see.

I've already put this idea into the news submission sub-forum and emailed it to HBO(halo.bungie.org). Hopefully this will get people to come over, old members to return, and help complete this challenge!

Old   
xskarface Offline
See ya laser ;)

Send a message via MSN to xskarface
03-19-2011 , 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Artist View Post
http://www.highimpacthalo.org/forum/...ewpost&t=59597

I am gonna make sure to remind everyone to post there the day this happens. I think it is the best place for everyone to say their goodbyes. Think of that and this as a virtual time capsule of this amazing place that will be there for everyone to see.

I've already put this idea into the news submission sub-forum and emailed it to HBO(halo.bungie.org). Hopefully this will get people to come over, and old members to return, and help complete this challenge!
I think it would be a good idea to have everyone sign in a new thread, with their contact info and such. Just a suggestion of course, lol.

Edit: Only for the fact that the other thread was everybody's thoughts on the situation it self. I think it would be nice to have one last thread with everyone saying goodbye, and giving a shout out to other friends/members, and to post contact info such as facebook names, email adresses, etc.

Old   
thenotsogoodtrickster Offline
That Brit Guy

Send a message via MSN to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Yahoo to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Skype™ to thenotsogoodtrickster
03-19-2011 , 04:14 PM

If anyone wants to create a contact info thread with a clear layout to follow I'll sticky it or ensure it stays at the top of the page. I was thinking you have the usual stuff like email addreses, facebook/myspace pages, last.fm accounts etc. Possibly real names and cellphone numbers if people are comfortable (with area codes), and then a miscallaneous section which will contain other forums people visit regularly.

u mad? PM me.
Some basardskies asked for entertainment.
I presented a blog. Yes, Another F*****g Blog...

I'm on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, GTAGaming.com, Jumprs.org, GlitchGaming.org, and Last.fm. And I also use the nick "TNSGT" on IRC on the IAN server.

Much love, HIH, thanks for the memories xx

Old   
farmerscott21 Offline

03-19-2011 , 05:06 PM

I'll be here.

Old   
JaseDakota Offline

Send a message via MSN to JaseDakotaSend a message via Yahoo to JaseDakota
03-19-2011 , 07:26 PM

Oh man, I haven't been here in years...but I saw this mentioned on the HBO site so...I'm in. I'll be here.

Old   
Causeofdeath15 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Causeofdeath15Send a message via Skype™ to Causeofdeath15
03-19-2011 , 07:34 PM

I'm always here. (Well, not for much longer.) But I'll be there.

Old   
redoer3 Offline

03-20-2011 , 12:07 AM

Might as well be there when the world ends.