Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches
Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 1 only can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Measels Offline

09-21-2010 , 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGruntyThirst View Post
The cafeteria completely blind is never easy, but if you can do it, then you're the man.
Doesn't need to be blind, that can be the texture you load, then just the corridors blind.

Old   
ViviD Offline

09-21-2010 , 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Measels View Post
Doesn't need to be blind, that can be the texture you load, then just the corridors blind.

This. Working on it right now and it looks promising. Just memorizing some new paths/jumps.

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

Send a message via MSN to BigGruntyThirst
09-21-2010 , 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Measels View Post
And the bridge I guess? Yeah I guess it'd be pretty easy, comparatively.

Old   
ViviD Offline

09-22-2010 , 04:59 PM

I don't think the bridge can be loaded too, just the cafeteria, but it's pretty much a straight shot at one point. There just won't be any checkpoint to load the bridge with.

Old   
scurty Offline

09-22-2010 , 05:55 PM

Probably the easiest way to complete this would be to load the bridge actually. Not sure which method is the best/easiest, going through the cafeteria and meg room or going the other way, but either way it will be tough.

Old   
Measels Offline

09-22-2010 , 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurty View Post
Probably the easiest way to complete this would be to load the bridge actually. Not sure which method is the best/easiest, going through the cafeteria and meg room or going the other way, but either way it will be tough.

I'm fairly sure that the cafeteria blind would be much much much harder than the bridge - that place is almost like a mp map in its lack of solid stuff!

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -=MaToR=-Send a message via MSN to -=MaToR=-Send a message via Yahoo to -=MaToR=-
09-25-2010 , 04:33 AM

Well I did this (the one with the cut scene fail) tonight. Took me, oh I dunno, 3 hours or so to finally get to the bridge.

But I got it... with no third person or flycam or w/e else.

It was fairly difficult at some spots but I have the path down.

I did some research into the triggers and stuff. Here's some info:

If the marine who says "Captain Keyes needs you on the Bridge ASAP, you better follow me" the cutscene WILL NOT TRIGGER. I tried for about 30 minutes to make him see me without exiting the ledge - to no avail. However, if you could manage to make him see you, or "think" he sees you, you could easily get out to the ring... easily... I think you'd need to make your head visible, which would be possible if we had a nice wall ledge, but it's all ceiling stuff. Maybe, if you could trigger him and load previous checkpoint simultaneously things may work... but I tried that a bit to, and I doubt it will. That marine is the source of multiple triggers and I'm not sure if all of them are linked to the bridge cutscene.

Secondly, I found that if I got the checkpoint that everyone has been referring too, the one in the covy hallway before the bridge, even if I jumped out of the ledge and proceeded to the bridge normally the cutscene would be triggered very soon after I entered the bridge area. However, I found that if I did not get that checkpoint and jumped out of the ceiling in the same general area I could proceed to the bridge and sit around for as long as I wanted without triggering the cutscene.

Thirdly, I found that if I proceeded to do the ledge without triggering the covy hallway checkpoint I would still trigger the cutscene.

Fourthly, I found that the cutscene will start around 5 seconds after you pass the doorway that is right before you can see the bulletin board (the one at the end of the hallway after the covy hallway).

Finally, I have actually completed this ledge on the route that you guys were originally using, that resulted in the cutscene fail, only with third person. This was before today, I did it just after Yasha released his video. Somehow, when I did it, even though I went on the exact same route you guys went on and did pretty much the exact same things, I managed to complete the ledge without triggering the cutscene. I have screenshots of myself outside of the ship, so I know that I did this. Now the question is, what did I do differently to not trigger the cutscene? I have a theory that, if Lone Starr's moving away from the bridge theory is correct, perhaps it works as a timer. If you are moving away from the bridge for x seconds cutscene triggers. But perhaps, if you move back towards the bridge, the timer stops, and slowly decreases. In this situation you could still do the whole bridge thing if you waited like 10 seconds between each jump.

I still haven't tried doing the cafeteria, but I think I'll try it. I already managed to get pretty far across it, I think it's possible. I'll also test my timer cooldown theory.

We'll get this... I know it.

-Mator

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -=MaToR=-Send a message via MSN to -=MaToR=-Send a message via Yahoo to -=MaToR=-
09-25-2010 , 08:50 PM

I tested out Lone Starr's path.

It's definitely the best path you can do. I managed to complete the ledge and get out of the ship - but I used flycam to clear view a few times (I wanted to test to see if it would work w/o putting all the effort into it).

The hallway after your checkpoint is easy, the cafetaria is tough, even if you're not blind. After that it is not a straight jump to get out of the ship, if you're blind at the bridge it's not going to be very easy... But it's completely possible. I'm not going to do it. I don't think it'd be right for me to just show up and do the stunt you guys were working on.

-Mator

Edit: Tried a few times without flycam. I think hardest part is going to be the little stretch after you jump into the Meg Room. I popped there 4 times. It's tuff. But once you get into the last hallway, you should manage it, I think. Good Luck Vivid. :D

Edit 2: Lone, how did you get those awesome maps of POA? I wants some! >:D

Last edited by -=MaToR=-; 09-25-2010 at 10:39 PM. .

Old   
Sora Offline

03-06-2011 , 12:02 PM

Just wondering if anyone managed to get any further with this? In any case, how would it be possible to flip Halo if it says "insert seed entry" when you approach it? Maybe it could be done if you used an editing program to give it real values or something. How cool would it be if you guys actually managed to pull this off and flip the ring.

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

03-06-2011 , 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora View Post
Just wondering if anyone managed to get any further with this? In any case, how would it be possible to flip Halo if it says "insert seed entry" when you approach it? Maybe it could be done if you used an editing program to give it real values or something. How cool would it be if you guys actually managed to pull this off and flip the ring.
Well you can walk up to it and have it say that and press your button to flip it. When you do flip it nothing happens (except the dialogue saying you can flip it disappears, which means it is being "flipped", there's just no animation change). We know this because we've flipped it in co-op.

Old   
ViviD Offline

03-09-2011 , 02:32 PM

I'll see if I can finish this off this weekend. I took a break shortly after posting this, but now I think I'm ready to knock it out.

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

03-10-2011 , 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViviD View Post
I'll see if I can finish this off this weekend. I took a break shortly after posting this, but now I think I'm ready to knock it out.
Yay! 7char

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

03-13-2011 , 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViviD View Post
Go ViviD! ^_^

http://comicflop.blogspot.com/

My comedy blog. Under construction.

Old   
Ignatius Offline

03-13-2011 , 08:34 AM

So, what I can gather from this is that the ring is apparently drivable?

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

03-13-2011 , 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
So, what I can gather from this is that the ring is apparently drivable?
Interesting point... You would think that if something has a "press e to flip" dialog it ought to be drivable. Though that doesn't seem to make much sense, eh? We should check with some modders to see if the ring is a vehicle tag.

Even if it is a vehicle though, I've never seen the "drive" notification when at it and flipping it, so I don't think it really "flips over" to become drivable. Not sure why this would be other than that they placed the model upside down and didn't give it any flip-physics, as to make it impossible for someone to drive it. (strange eh?)

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

03-14-2011 , 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=MaToR=- View Post
Interesting point... You would think that if something has a "press e to flip" dialog it ought to be drivable. Though that doesn't seem to make much sense, eh? We should check with some modders to see if the ring is a vehicle tag.

Even if it is a vehicle though, I've never seen the "drive" notification when at it and flipping it, so I don't think it really "flips over" to become drivable. Not sure why this would be other than that they placed the model upside down and didn't give it any flip-physics, as to make it impossible for someone to drive it. (strange eh?)
Ehh, in Halo 1 you can flip Wraiths but you can't drive them. I don't think it's hopeful.

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

03-16-2011 , 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Soda King View Post
Ehh, in Halo 1 you can flip Wraiths but you can't drive them. I don't think it's hopeful.
True dat. And it's not like there's anyway to flip it over anyways, w/o mods, because no matter how times you mash E that thing keeps saying "press e to flip <need string entry here>".

Old   
ViviD Offline

04-06-2011 , 02:19 PM

Just to update you guys since the site is closing....I guess I'm not gonna end up finishing this. It's definitely possible, but it's damn tricky. I would love it if one of you guys finished the trick off, but if not, I hope you enjoyed my attempt.