Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches
Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 1 only can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

The Respawn Launch - 03-27-2011 , 03:33 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdvHAAKFgk8

Description from youtube:

"This was going to make it into the final version of Dosage, simply because it's a brand new concept, but it's very out of place when it's beside all the other footage, so I decided to put it in my pile of extras. I still think this is a cool idea, if only just for aesthetics, so I figured I'd post it. I just can't think of any interesting spots for it. Perhaps someone else can do more with it than I did.

Enjoy!"

Keep an eye on this forum this week! I'm going to be releasing a sneak peek at the full video. Gonna be awesome :D

http://comicflop.blogspot.com/

My comedy blog. Under construction.

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
03-27-2011 , 04:00 PM

A classical slYnki-trick :D
As I often told you, what I like about your tricks is your never ending creativity.

Old   
xlax007 Offline

03-27-2011 , 04:12 PM

Talk about creativity 0_0

Just epic

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-27-2011 , 04:30 PM

Old - BGJFIOYO rookie.

Wait, what the hell did I just watch? I can't keep track of what you are up too slYnki, I'm CE challenged.

Old   
uberfoop Offline

03-27-2011 , 04:41 PM

And here I was getting to those ledges by normal launching, direct respawning, and banshees.

Nice.

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

03-27-2011 , 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
A classical slYnki-trick :D
As I often told you, what I like about your tricks is your never ending creativity.
Hehe, thank you! If you liked this, you're really gonna like the Dosage trailer. LOTS of creative launches in that video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlax007
Talk about creativity 0_0

Just epic
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy
Wait, what the hell did I just watch? I can't keep track of what you are up too slYnki, I'm CE challenged.
Hahaha, I love you grumpy. What happens is, I toss my grenade up in the air, then when it lands, I kill myself. Player 2 is set up in a way that when I respawn, I fall off the ledge. The warthog is launched up into me sending me back up to the ledge. Bit of a tricky launch because you can't respawn until the grenade that sets off the pile goes off, so the ledge I landed on had to either be a decently high, or a good ways away. Launching a hog straight up is always more reliable, so I picked a high ledge :P

Kind of a pointless launch, but fun and creative nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfoop
And here I was getting to those ledges by normal launching, direct respawning, and banshees.

Nice.
Thanks foop =D

http://comicflop.blogspot.com/

My comedy blog. Under construction.

Old   
Rockslider Offline

03-28-2011 , 06:03 PM

Well I'm glad grumpy asked for an explanation first, because I had the same problem figuring out what was going on - compounded by my not being used to co-op. Anyway, I get the general idea now. Ingenious. Could you please ask someone to switch on a few extra floodlights next time you're filming in that cavern though? That movie was dark.

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

03-28-2011 , 07:16 PM

What in the world? I thought I commented on this...

But anyway, nice skills, nice trick!

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -=MaToR=-Send a message via MSN to -=MaToR=-Send a message via Yahoo to -=MaToR=-
03-29-2011 , 01:21 AM

Purty coolbeans.

At first I was afraid you were going to do some vehicle spawn launches and say they were new... As those are kinda old. But that does give you a new idea to do, setup a tank over a Banshee/hog's spawn point then trigger a load zone that spawns the hog/shee and watch it fly? We've already done this in multiplayer, the main difference is we just let the vehicles respawn, rather than hitting a loadzone to spawn them.

-Mator

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lone StarrSend a message via MSN to Lone StarrSend a message via Skype™ to Lone Starr
03-29-2011 , 03:13 PM

Haha, I knew what you did watching it the first time around, but I had to watch it again because I couldn't believe it. xD

Nice job slYnki, that was crazy. How long did that take you to do?

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
03-29-2011 , 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=MaToR=- View Post
Purty coolbeans.

At first I was afraid you were going to do some vehicle spawn launches and say they were new... As those are kinda old. But that does give you a new idea to do, setup a tank over a Banshee/hog's spawn point then trigger a load zone that spawns the hog/shee and watch it fly? We've already done this in multiplayer, the main difference is we just let the vehicles respawn, rather than hitting a loadzone to spawn them.

-Mator
I remember doing that in H2, it was my first vid. Good times :)
I did not know that it worked in H1 though, never tried it.