Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches
Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 1 only can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Rockslider Offline

AOTCR bridge descent guide - 03-28-2011 , 03:22 PM

Phew, finished it! My Bridge descent guide that is, for single-player methods of descending off the first bridge in AOTCR. I've been working on this thing on and off for over a year now - ever since deciding to learn about other methods than the one I was used to - and I put in a final spurt of effort so I could advertise here before HIH goes into cryo-stasis. It seemed fitting. You'll find things categorized into 16 methods, each described and illustrated on a separate page, complete with relevant links and all the historical info I could uncover (sometimes with the help of venerable members of this very forum). There may be fewer people playing H1 these days, but I hope the guide will still be of some use to some of them. And if not, at least it's there for posterity!

Some of the history eludes me however. I'm lacking dates and origins for various stuff in the murky past, and would like to get those gaps filled. I'm also keen to get better information about whether certain descent methods can be done on NTSC or PC (I can only test PAL). If anyone can contribute anything helpful in these or other regards - including offering corrections if you think I got anything wrong - please get in touch with me anytime (see my site for contact details), or reply in this thread while you still can.

Old   
uberfoop Offline

03-28-2011 , 06:09 PM

Wow, that is a gorgeous trick history page. It's amazing how many approaches there are to SP bridge descents, especially considering that many are only just barely viable.

Do you mention the simple co-op spawn descent method anywhere? Like:
Easy AotCR bridge descent using co-op
I guess this is all about SP, so not mentioning that would make sense anyway, I suppose.

Old   
Rockslider Offline

03-28-2011 , 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfoop View Post
Wow, that is a gorgeous trick history page. It's amazing how many approaches there are to SP bridge descents, especially considering that many are only just barely viable.
Thanks. Yep, a lot of ways down, though PAL users seem to have much the best deal of things. I wouldn't characterize many ways as "barely viable", but I sure need more time to crack Ms. Man's Shade launch to the Pelican!

In regard to co-op, I did think about including something about it for the historical aspect of the whole descent business, but I dropped a few ideas so I could get the guide out without much more ado. I might add a bit on it at a later date, but I'd have to do more digging or talk to someone who knows about it.

Thanks for the link. I think I bumped into that video at some point. Nice to see someone making an actual tutorial. It seemed like the descent wasn't quite completed though, as only one of the two players was shown on the ground.

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -=MaToR=-Send a message via MSN to -=MaToR=-Send a message via Yahoo to -=MaToR=-
03-29-2011 , 01:29 AM

That article is beautiful. I'm going to have to eat all of this up another night when it's not 9:29 PM and when I'm not already sleepy from staying up late.

^_^

-Mator