Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches
Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 1 only can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -=MaToR=-Send a message via MSN to -=MaToR=-Send a message via Yahoo to -=MaToR=-
03-02-2011 , 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
I don't understand, BGT rammed himself through a wall so why not with grenades? I'm just curious.
All methods for "bumping" (getting in or through solid objects) in Halo 1 involve using other solid objects to either displace the player or warp the player. The physics of Halo 1 do not allow for "speed" or "force" or "lag" to break collision models, the only way to break through a collision model is by using another collision model.

Hopefully that made sense... :P

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-02-2011 , 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=MaToR=- View Post
All methods for "bumping" (getting in or through solid objects) in Halo 1 involve using other solid objects to either displace the player or warp the player. The physics of Halo 1 do not allow for "speed" or "force" or "lag" to break collision models, the only way to break through a collision model is by using another collision model.

Hopefully that made sense... :P
Yes, I understand. It means you can do a box-BAW through walls and doors but instead of a box you can use a Hog. Correct?
Build a pile and blow a Hog (collision model) into MC to press him through a wall (collision model).

I assume it's never used because of the overshield problem.

Sorry to ask all these questions but I'm curious. Is it a certain type of wall and/or door that would allow MC through (like, thin or some such)?

Last edited by grumpy; 03-02-2011 at 10:25 PM. .

Old   
Measels Offline

03-03-2011 , 05:23 AM

Third trick here is a good example of launching through a wall: http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47827

It can be done if the hog hits you just right and you manage to flip it in such a way that you survive the impact. (I think)

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -=MaToR=-Send a message via MSN to -=MaToR=-Send a message via Yahoo to -=MaToR=-
03-03-2011 , 10:33 AM

Quote:
Yes, I understand. It means you can do a box-BAW through walls and doors but instead of a box you can use a Hog. Correct?
Build a pile and blow a Hog (collision model) into MC to press him through a wall (collision model).

I assume it's never used because of the overshield problem.

Sorry to ask all these questions but I'm curious. Is it a certain type of wall and/or door that would allow MC through (like, thin or some such)?
See Slynki's Christmas Variety Video 2.

Yes you can launch using a Hog and through a wall, but that still isn't what he said. A blast alone isn't going to push you through a wall, no matter how big the blast is.

Old   
scurty Offline

03-03-2011 , 11:55 PM

Quote:
This was all I can think of with NOT using vehicles, turrets, or a regenerating shield.

http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58235

Even then, I'm not sure if it's possible with a grenade. The flood form might be required.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-04-2011 , 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurty View Post
This was all I can think of with NOT using vehicles, turrets, or a regenerating shield.

http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58235

Even then, I'm not sure if it's possible with a grenade. The flood form might be required.
Thanks guys for the responses.

slYnki - I was thinking of your flood form vid when I started wondering about all this.

By your descriptions I can see a regular BAW will not work using the conventional nade pile as the driving force although I'm not sure how slYnki got the flood form to BAW for him. I was thinking a nade pile could blast a Hog into MC and knock him through a wall or door. Like a box-BAW, only using a Hog instead. So the lineup would be...nades/Hog/MC/door.

Old   
uberfoop Offline

03-04-2011 , 12:22 AM

Quote:
Thanks guys for the responses.

slYnki - I was thinking of your flood form vid when I started wondering about all this.

By your descriptions I can see a regular BAW will not work using the conventional nade pile as the driving force although I'm not sure how slYnki got the flood form to work for him.
When a flood falls over, it's possible that his collision model falls over also, which in this case might move it such that it occupies the same space as the players' collision model. Result? Bump.

Quote:
I was thinking a nade pile could blast a Hog into MC and knock him through a wall or door. Like a box-BAW, only using a Hog instead. So the lineup would be...nades/Hog/MC/door.
It could definitely work. As was noted earlier, slYnki did basically that but with a ceiling instead of a wall in his variety vid, and in general, it's not unheard of for trickers to use hogs to break doors and such. I suppose slYnki took it to an awesome level in that he bumped through a barrier AND launched high simultaneously. Not really sure how Halo CE handles its physics internally, but it's definitely weird.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-04-2011 , 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfoop View Post
When a flood falls over, it's possible that his collision model falls over also, which in this case might move it such that it occupies the same space as the players' collision model. Result? Bump.
Good thinking, that sounds plausible.

Old   
LDG Offline

03-04-2011 , 02:31 AM

Quote:
I don't understand, BGT rammed himself through a wall so why not with grenades? I'm just curious.
it's probably something to do with the object pushing him through, although I don't have a clue what I am talking about with this subject

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-04-2011 , 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDG View Post
it's probably something to do with the object pushing him through, although I don't have a clue what I am talking about with this subject
Lol, me either but they explained object collisions in later posts so I think you are right.

Old   
LDG Offline

03-04-2011 , 03:27 AM

Quote:
Lol, me either but they explained object collisions in later posts so I think you are right.
If I noticed I probably wouldn't have posted it, (I saw the last post on page 62 and thought it was the last post in the thread

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

03-04-2011 , 07:44 PM

Quote:
Bingo. The explosion itself has nothing to do with the bump. Explosions -> walls = no. (in h1)

Quote:
It could definitely work. As was noted earlier, slYnki did basically that but with a ceiling instead of a wall in his variety vid, and in general, it's not unheard of for trickers to use hogs to break doors and such. I suppose slYnki took it to an awesome level in that he bumped through a barrier AND launched high simultaneously. Not really sure how Halo CE handles its physics internally, but it's definitely weird.
It's not that weird IMO. Maybe it's because I was brought up in Halo CE physics, but honestly, when I look at halo 2 and halo 3 physics I think they're weird!

How slynki launched through the ceiling under there and kept speed:

Slynki launched so he would be pretty much touching the ceiling after his jump above the hog, this made it so in the small period of time in which the hog was pushing him it wouldn't kill him (you are invulnerable to a vehicle for a second or so right as you flip it). Then it was just a matter of the hog moving fast when it hit him. The invulnerability lets the hog push him into and through the ceiling, and from there, since there is no resistance against him as he is passing through it (in halo CE when you break a barrier to pretty much stops effecting you), so as the hog continues to push against him he accelerates through the ceiling and beyond.

-Mator

Old   
Rockslider Offline

Shade launch query - 03-25-2011 , 07:18 PM

I've been trying to launch myself with a Shade for the first time and have a query. I read Juggertrout's guide Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Shade Jumping, and there's a bit which says "leap in the direction in which the plamsa will throw the shade and press 'x' rapidly". Does that mean press X repeatedly fast, or does it mean press X quickly just once? I suspect it's the former but I just want to check. Assuming I'm right, is it therefore considered too tricky to time a single press of X? (I realize that you're needing to press X at a time when the Shade is flippable.)

One other thing, more incidental. Some places I see Shade 'jumping', sometimes Shade 'launching'. Any views on what term to favour?

Old   
Measels Offline

03-26-2011 , 08:31 AM

Just keep mashing the flip button and hope you survive the launch.

Terminology - I think both are the same, although, perhapse launching is more general as includes launching the actual shade to somewhere - rather than just the mc.

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

03-29-2011 , 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Measels View Post

Terminology - I think both are the same, although, perhapse launching is more general as includes launching the actual shade to somewhere - rather than just the mc.
I have nothing to add...

GL shade launching Rockslider! (launching > jumping)

Old   
Rockslider Offline

03-29-2011 , 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Measels View Post
I shall go forth and mash - and hope. This was for my attempt at doing Ms. Man's launch to the Pelican at the bridge in AOTCR by the way. Thanks for the response.

Quote:
I have nothing to add...
I also have nothing to add. Does anyone else here have nothing to add? Hurry up now - there's only a few days left!

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

03-29-2011 , 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockslider View Post
I shall go forth and mash - and hope. This was for my attempt at doing Ms. Man's launch to the Pelican at the bridge in AOTCR by the way. Thanks for the response.

I also have nothing to add. Does anyone else here have nothing to add? Hurry up now - there's only a few days left!
No worries, mashing wurks. :]

Lol at the second part. I could probably come up with some kind of question to ask, but it wouldn't be answered prolly. :/

Like "who would be interested in someone releasing a 4 hour long tutorial of 400 stunts on blood gulch?" (You wouldn't have to watch it all... it'd have a montage section with just the most interesting/new finds and a tutorial section with all the how-to's for the 400 stunts.)

Or maybe, "who would want to help make a wiki about halo tricking/stunting?"

:/

-Mator

Old   
Rockslider Offline

03-30-2011 , 11:58 AM

Quote:
Or maybe, "who would want to help make a wiki about halo tricking/stunting?"
I think that could be very worthwhile if done well. Originally I'd been planning to follow the release of my bridge descent guide with a forum post suggesting that it would be nice if some folk here could collaborate and produce reasonably comprehensive guides to other areas of tricking, for the site. It has some guides and tutorials of course, but it's sort of piecemeal and not necessarily in the most useful form. HIH is closing now so that's all moot, but things could still be done elsewhere.

Imagine a collection of in-depth articles covering all aspects of tricking, including history and giving actual working links to relevant material (woo-hoo! - working links! - what a luxury). Obviously that sort of thing takes a fair bit of time and effort, but isn't it worth it? To do the subject justice and showcase what people have done over the years? It would also be useful to people still playing of course. Without this sort of thing, all that stuff will sink into oblivion a lot faster, and it'll be a lot harder for people to get a handle on or learn about. Sure they might find scattered videos and forum posts with a bit of searching, but getting any sort of coherent picture of things or clear instruction would be another matter.

So I'd certainly like to see such a resource. Maybe I could contribute suggestions on organization and whatnot (I'd certainly want to see a clear separation into single-player, co-op, and multiplayer stuff), but I don't have enough background in tricking to be thinking of contributing much to the actual material. Besides which, anything I investigate gets written up at my site, ha ha! So it's going to need other folk to step forth.

Quote:
No worries, mashing wurks. :]
Mator, you're definitely off the writing team. Your spelling is too scary.

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

04-01-2011 , 09:36 PM

Quote:
I think that could be very worthwhile if done well. Originally I'd been planning to follow the release of my bridge descent guide with a forum post suggesting that it would be nice if some folk here could collaborate and produce reasonably comprehensive guides to other areas of tricking, for the site. It has some guides and tutorials of course, but it's sort of piecemeal and not necessarily in the most useful form. HIH is closing now so that's all moot, but things could still be done elsewhere.
Fo sho'! I'm all for it. I'd do more if I could, but I'm busy as hell with college and stuff. But this is spring break now, so all I'm all for making some more guides for stuff!

Elsewheres: http://jumprs.org, http://glitchgaming.org

Quote:
Imagine a collection of in-depth articles covering all aspects of tricking, including history and giving actual working links to relevant material (woo-hoo! - working links! - what a luxury). Obviously that sort of thing takes a fair bit of time and effort, but isn't it worth it? To do the subject justice and showcase what people have done over the years? It would also be useful to people still playing of course. Without this sort of thing, all that stuff will sink into oblivion a lot faster, and it'll be a lot harder for people to get a handle on or learn about. Sure they might find scattered videos and forum posts with a bit of searching, but getting any sort of coherent picture of things or clear instruction would be another matter.
I've imagined it. :]

And... I've been making it for over a year and a half now: http://halostunting.wikia.com

(It's red-link-tacular (lots of pages linked to don't exist) because I haven't worked on it enough, but it's 226 articles! Most of which need a LOT of work.)

I totally agree with you. That's exactly what my thoughts have been for the longest time! I've been trying to convince people to join in since day 1. We should work together! :D

Quote:
So I'd certainly like to see such a resource. Maybe I could contribute suggestions on organization and whatnot (I'd certainly want to see a clear separation into single-player, co-op, and multiplayer stuff), but I don't have enough background in tricking to be thinking of contributing much to the actual material. Besides which, anything I investigate gets written up at my site, ha ha! So it's going to need other folk to step forth.
Absolutely! We need to get together and talk about this! I want nothing more than an awesome resource for stunting, and I've not had anyone to talk to about it!

Quote:
Mator, you're definitely off the writing team. Your spelling is too scary.
Lol! i laffed aht thaht. :D

Old   
Rockslider Offline

04-02-2011 , 04:09 AM

Quote:
I've been trying to convince people to join in since day 1. We should work together! :D
Well don't get too carried away here; I've already got my hands full working on stuff for my site. But I'll get in touch for some talking at least.