Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite HIH Website News and Announcements HIH Website News and Announcements
HIH Website News and Announcements Site specific information as well as important special announcements will be posted here.
Notices

Old   
Shad0wFlame Offline
=)

Send a message via MSN to Shad0wFlameSend a message via Skype™ to Shad0wFlame
Red face Hey you, off my chair. - 09-16-2007 , 05:05 PM

Well, you know, this sort of looks like v1 and v2, combined.

I think it's as though we've come full circle.

Though, to tell ya the truth: it's not my favorite color scheme.

But hey: I'm not here for the colors, and I'm sure you guys and gals aren't either. :)

-Shdw

Old   
endofwho Offline

09-16-2007 , 05:05 PM

I really don't like the this new skin.

the old skin was easyer to read than one.
the blue on blue looks worse than green on black colors are just awful.

end

Old   
GrindcoreTom Offline

Send a message via AIM to GrindcoreTom
09-16-2007 , 05:10 PM

Hey, it's your forum.

It'll definitly take some getting used to for me.

Can't wait for the new features!

Old   
Ducain Offline
Ahhhhh....yeeeaaahhhh

09-16-2007 , 05:12 PM

I swear, I'm laughing my virtual butt off here. Just for kicks, you guys should go digging in the V2 forum (or maybe this one - can't remember) and find some of the threads where we changed themes. It's just comical.

For real though, not to be mean, but I truly don't care. No - really.

I love this skin, and that's all that matters. I changed it a bunch of times, put in over 20 hours total (around 9 - 10 just yesterday) to make it like I wanted it, and I succeeded.

If you guys don't like it, that's cool, because I do. :) Colors are subjective, and ANY time something like this is changed, I just know some of you are not going to be able to resist the urge to tell me you don't like it.

1. Don't care, but your opinion is as valid as anyone else's.
2. Take a moment to be grateful. I know that's much to ask in these days, but it can happen. Saying 'I don't like it, and I want the old one back. Uh...good job though.' is *wait for it* being a jerk. Try that in real life. Wow.

Ok, guys, I'm off to rest for awhile. I'll leave you to your...whatever it is that you're doing.

:)

JH

Ducain - HIH Admin - Ducain@gmail.com

Old   
Immortal Reaver Offline

09-16-2007 , 05:15 PM

We ARE appreciative. Sorry for having an opinion, I guess it's not allowed.

EDIT BY DUKE: Wow.

Old   
theneighborrkid Offline

Send a message via AIM to theneighborrkid
09-16-2007 , 05:17 PM

WOW! I am impressed I absolutley love this new skin! I (hate to say it, but I am a man of honest) wasn't so fond of the last skin, this makes me much happier though! Great work to everyone who put sometime into this place.
-TNK

Old   
.: Caretaker :. Offline

Location: Hiding under your bed with a sticky. Just waiting..
Send a message via AIM to .: Caretaker :.Send a message via Yahoo to .: Caretaker :.
09-16-2007 , 05:19 PM

EDIT BY DUKE: I'm glad you love it. Thanks. :)

Old   
Raiden47 Offline
Canadian Wingman

09-16-2007 , 05:20 PM

My god.

This new look makes it so much more.. I don't know.
It's beautiful to say the least. Loving the light coloured template, all the new graphics and such. It looks so much cleaner, neat and tidy. =)

I find it annoying having the posts so close to each other, I miss the 3-6 lines of blank space in every post. =/
That, and the edit button is on the left, it feels quite odd.

Very, VERY good update. I love it.

PS: I will be returning with Halo 3.. look out for a very interesting launching technique from me and Mr. Sprout.

Old   
iCorpsey Offline
Hello there

Send a message via AIM to iCorpseySend a message via MSN to iCorpseySend a message via Yahoo to iCorpsey
09-16-2007 , 05:24 PM

Are you going to open up the banner submission thread again? Seems like a good time for the graphics people to come in use. :)

Old   
Delta Offline
I killed a man once......

Location: Trying to raise kids on Mars, even though it's cold as hell
09-16-2007 , 05:25 PM

too bright is my only complaint, but ill get used to it. neat.

Old   
Darkninja90 Offline
Who me?

Send a message via AIM to Darkninja90Send a message via MSN to Darkninja90Send a message via Yahoo to Darkninja90
09-16-2007 , 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducain
For the kind folks - thanks. :)

For the others - you guys are so predictable. I used to get pissed. Now I just laugh. I told the mods and admins what would happen. Thanks for not disappointing me.

*laughs*

I don't know which one was directed at me...so I'll just say what I was going to say.

Pros:
  • You guys put a lot of work into this, and I know this is just the birth so naturally the baby isn't going to be as pretty as the supermodel that comes later on. [Stupid Metaphor FTW]
  • And I love the HIH symbol for the forums. Awesome, I hope we can see more HIH and Halo related items on V4
Cons:
  • I do miss the more gritty, darker feeling of V3, this seems to...well for lack of a better word, unmanly, it seems we should have a bit darker theme. But that's just me. And hopefully we will have a chance the change the skins, that. would. rock.
Things are different, and will take getting used to so I guess I'll have to wait and see whether or not I have to use my phail stamp... :p

So for now, I remain neutral. :)

Regardless, to all the staff of HIH: <3 For making one of the most kickass sites around.

Old   
Tech Artist Offline
Goodbye HIH! <3

Send a message via AIM to Tech ArtistSend a message via MSN to Tech Artist
09-16-2007 , 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducain
I swear, I'm laughing my virtual butt off here. Just for kicks, you guys should go digging in the V2 forum (or maybe this one - can't remember) and find some of the threads where we changed themes. It's just comical.

For real though, not to be mean, but I truly don't care. No - really.

I love this skin, and that's all that matters. I changed it a bunch of times, put in over 20 hours total (around 9 - 10 just yesterday) to make it like I wanted it, and I succeeded.

If you guys don't like it, that's cool, because I do. :) Colors are subjective, and ANY time something like this is changed, I just know some of you are not going to be able to resist the urge to tell me you don't like it.

1. Don't care, but your opinion is as valid as anyone else's.
2. Take a moment to be grateful. I know that's much to ask in these days, but it can happen. Saying 'I don't like it, and I want the old one back. Uh...good job though.' is *wait for it* being a jerk. Try that in real life. Wow.

Ok, guys, I'm off to rest for awhile. I'll leave you to your...whatever it is that you're doing.

JH
We do appricieate the hard work you guys do ecpesially you Ducain. Its just some of us don't like the new skin and its not like were trying to be mean. Thats hardly a reason to attack the people who don't like it. Whatever though, its your fourm so I'm not gonna tell you how to run it. Could you at least give us an option to revert back to the old scheme or something else? I think that would make everything better because everyone could have the scheme they wanted.

EDIT BY DUKE: Be careful now. I didn't 'attack' anyone. We spend a huge amount of time doing something cool for you guys, and some folks can't bring themselves to say anything but 'don't like it'. And then some of you are going to get offended when I state MY opinion. Come on now. I shouldn't even be playing to this, and I'm going to stop, but this type of behavior simply defies all logic to me. It doesn't take a genius to tell when someone is being appreciate, and when they're not. Read some of the posts above and tell me what you think. :)

Old   
Ducain Offline
Ahhhhh....yeeeaaahhhh

09-16-2007 , 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta
too bright is my only complaint, but ill get used to it. neat.
I know you guys think I'm kidding, but the main complaint we heard when we made the switch to the last template was 'this is too dark!!11onee~!!'.

Give it some time. :)

Gonna lock this now. Take this to Y&B.

Ducain - HIH Admin - Ducain@gmail.com

Old   
saddamsdevil Offline
3D guy

Send a message via ICQ to saddamsdevilSend a message via AIM to saddamsdevilSend a message via MSN to saddamsdevilSend a message via Yahoo to saddamsdevilSend a message via Skype™ to saddamsdevil
09-16-2007 , 05:30 PM

Everything is great in my opinion, and I agree, we had the same debate with the v3, it will take some getting used to for some