Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite High Impact Halo Special Features Special Features Section HIH Lottery Winners
HIH Lottery Winners Read about the poor souls who've won the HIH Lottery.
Notices

Old   
HelloSayGoodbye Offline
When our powers combine!

Send a message via AIM to HelloSayGoodbyeSend a message via Skype™ to HelloSayGoodbye
HIh lottery winner 1/15/10: ferrari - 01-16-2010 , 12:50 AM

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.

My name is Eric, and I am an 18 year-old first-year college student out at the University of Minnesota at Morris double majoring in Mathematics and Computer Science with a minor in Physics. If all goes according to plan I'll be a junior next school year.
If the rest of this post doesn't tell you this, I didn't type it up properly: I love programming, and especially programming math stuff, even more especially when it is awesome.

2. How did you find High Impact Halo, and when?

I found HIH back when I was in eighth grade. It was shortly after Halo 2 had come out when I did an internet search on "Halo 2 Skulls." I found the HIH front page and its skull archive, and then one day in geometry class someone mentioned Halo 2 and skulls, so I mentioned HIH. I suppose I should thank you guys for being the reason I found my best friend, who is now my roommate at college.

3. What is it that you like about Halo tricks, and what kind of tricks are your favorite to do or see?

I've always liked the ones of the funny variety and have had a fancy for vehicle collections. As much as I liked the occasional vehicle collection, however, I really like the grenade collections, and launching. I used to be pretty fascinated by Halo back in the day and am sure that I would return to tricking if provided the right stimuli, but none of my friends were really ever into tricking, and my best friend (who is my college roommate) isn't into that sort of thing anymore.

4. Have you discovered any Halo tricks or glitches yourself?

I discovered how to make Sergeant Johnson scream and say IWHBYD-like comments without the skull on The Great Journey in Halo 2 and some other minor glitches, but what I really got into was making game saves. I've been able to experience first-hand what the famous glitches of the day were (including my favorite classical glitch, the banshee on The Maw by Ducain).
Perhaps some of you remember my Gamesaves thread back from V2? I've been thinking of trying to remake it on my website, but all the Codejunkies links are dead.

5. What is your favorite game from the halo Series?

Definitely Halo 2, because that's where most of my nostalgia is. I still remember being so excited for that game coming out that I was dreaming about it... too often.

6. What other hobbies do you have?

I play the oboe, English horn and electric bass on a regular basis. I was in the MMEA All-State Orchestra summer '08 and GTCYS for a couple years on oboe, and now will be in the MMEA Intercollegiate Honor Band within the next couple of months.
Other than music, I very much like programming anything I can think of. I programmed my own website all by hand using PHP and some Javascript, and whenever I get excited about something mathematical that I have done I will probably make an algorithm for it in Python, which I learned in the Math And Related Sciences Camp (MARS) in '06, the camp which my college roommate introduced me to and the funding company that my uncle works for (NSA).
I also like taking pictures of the lake my grandmother lives on; I've gotten onto InterfaceLift a couple times from doing so.

7. If you could choose, what would you choose and why?

To jailbreak my mind. Being able to store data more like a computer would be really nice to have, as well as other tweaks.

8. What is the first video game you ever played?

Probably Super Mario Brothers on the NES. I remember playing a lot of Bubble Bobble and Legend of Zelda back in those days. Very favorable days, those were.

9. (From last week's winner) If you could fight any historical figure or famous person, who would it be? - Mr N

I think I'd have to chose the former CEO of Worldcom, Bernard Ebbers, because he (and others in that company) cost my family many thousand of dollars from their scandalous actions: all the stock my dad had that was towards my college education became worthless and he lost his job.
I'm just lucky that my dad found another good job and that I get to be in college now.

10. If you could ask the next lottery winner one question, what would it be?

What about HIH keeps you around even after the huge glitching boom is over?

Old   
ferrari Offline
DELETE COOKIES?!

Send a message via AIM to ferrari
01-16-2010 , 04:06 PM

And I thought that I was doomed to never win any lottery.

Also, I got the gamesaves thread rehosted on my website. If you want any saves added just PM me with the link and information.
http://75.72.120.5/gamesaves

Last edited by ferrari; 01-16-2010 at 11:57 PM. .

Old   
Xwo Offline
It's all about having fun

Send a message via AIM to XwoSend a message via Skype™ to Xwo
01-18-2010 , 04:09 AM

The H is capitalized.

Old   
ferrari Offline
DELETE COOKIES?!

Send a message via AIM to ferrari
02-21-2010 , 12:32 AM

I still don't have the option to upload my own avatar or set a title...

NVM k thx.

Last edited by ferrari; 02-23-2010 at 02:12 AM. .