Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite HIH Website News and Announcements HIH Website News and Announcements
HIH Website News and Announcements Site specific information as well as important special announcements will be posted here.
Notices

Old   
Causeofdeath15 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Causeofdeath15Send a message via Skype™ to Causeofdeath15
04-05-2011 , 06:25 AM

I suppose this is a good place to leave my last post, which is also my 3000th post. :)

I must say, the past 6 years(for me) have been fantastic. I've met some great people, seen and done some great tricks, and found a little corner of the internet that I could call my own. The day has come to say goodbye, my friends. I regret nothing. Not a word written on these forums.

<3 Duke, Staff, and everyone else who might have made my stay enjoyable... And even those who haven't because jerks need love too. Goodbye, friends. See you on the other side.

Old   
foxygrandpa Offline

04-05-2011 , 10:42 AM

Heard the site was shutting down, just wanted to say thanks, i loved this place. Everyone was always real kind. And it might be a treat for some people to check out my youtube channel, several gigs of trickery, but it still needs sorted out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/foxygrandpwnz?feature=mhum

Old   
wizdum Offline
Warning Explosives in Use

Send a message via AIM to wizdumSend a message via MSN to wizdum
04-05-2011 , 11:44 AM

Goodbye all, we had some good times in the cloud.

Old   
Stingraid Offline
Blade In The Crowd

Send a message via MSN to StingraidSend a message via Skype™ to Stingraid
04-05-2011 , 12:05 PM

Thanks to all the awesome members here who contributed to the community and kept things interesting. This sort of community is more rare than most of us realized. Thanks for being great and making this site what it was.

<3

Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
And greater wars, when each proud fighter brags,
He wars on Death, for lives; not men, for flags.

Old   
Shoe Offline
Bowl Reaper

Send a message via Skype™ to Shoe
04-05-2011 , 12:58 PM

I've kept trying to post in this thread and have just come up short every time, unable to find the right words. This community has been a big part of me since I was just 12 years old, and it's going to be sad to see it go. I've checked this site *literally* every day that I've been on a computer for longer than I can remember, and it's going to be weird not to keep that up.

I've sent an email to myself in the year 2014 telling me to check HIH. Whether that means some world-shattering nostalgia or the joy of finding out the site is up and running again, I'll just have to wait and see. Regardless of what happens, everyone here has been amazing and I hope you all get good things from life.

There go my words, bringing me up short again. I just can't express how much I'll miss this place.

I love you guys. Have a good one.

<3

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Goodbye HIH. I will always love you. I hope the day comes when I can delete this from my signature. That'll mean we're back in business.

You'll always have a special place in my childhood and in my heart.

-Shoe

Old   
JBart Offline

Send a message via AIM to JBartSend a message via MSN to JBart
04-05-2011 , 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingraid View Post
This sort of community is more rare than most of us realized. Thanks for being great and making this site what it was.
Nailed it.

This place was awesome

<3

Old   
OwnedTom Offline
SOOPER LEET DRIVER

Send a message via MSN to OwnedTomSend a message via Skype™ to OwnedTom
04-05-2011 , 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
I've sent an email to myself in the year 2014 telling me to check HIH.
Brilliant Idea *Copies*

Anyway thanks for all the great times Duke. You are a Legend (not quite a super legend apparently but w/e ;P)

Old   
Spartan-043 Offline

Thumbs up My final post - 04-05-2011 , 02:36 PM

4 years, over 1,000 things to say, a couple friends made, a few people pissed off; It's like college, really. Except that I got to be around some cool people and actually learned a thing or two.

I am not like many of you here (and I do have a point behind this). In all the time I've been coming here I still do not understand the die-hard glitchers/trickers. I do some of them, and I find others enjoyable, but I've had countless arguments both here and in person about why someone would prefer a game riddled with glitches and errors (Halo 2) instead a finer-produced better playing game (Halo 3, Reach). It makes no sense to me why a "broken" game (as I see it) gets such praise. So why, being in a very small group, am I here?

Because you guys, as a whole, have been some the best people I've talked to online. A single bastion of friendly conversation and honest debate in the otherwise idiotic immaturity of the internet. HIH, I believe, brings in some of the best within the Halo community, not to say the other fine community hubs that exist are all chaff, but the best and smartest threads seem to always be here.
I mean, High Impact Halo got top billing in the special thanks section of Halo 3's credits! That still surprises me. Not because it doesn't deserve it, but because the community made it THAT important.

We built this city on our love of the game, the people who make it, and the friends we've made. A community like this is a rare thing, and HIH has been our playground for years.

Thank you High Impact Halo. Thank you Ducain. Thank you everyone.

-------------

William Stephens
http://www.facebook.com/AllMeshedUp
Xbox LIVE gamertag = All Meshed Up

Last edited by Spartan-043; 04-06-2011 at 02:02 PM. .

Old   
Jordan117 Offline

04-05-2011 , 03:06 PM

Godspeed, HIH.

Old   
Shad0wFlame Offline
=)

Send a message via MSN to Shad0wFlameSend a message via Skype™ to Shad0wFlame
Lightbulb "If we don't make it--" - 04-05-2011 , 03:11 PM

Everyone here at HIH, you have grown to become the closest friends that I’ve ever had. Although I had not known all of you…perhaps in a way, I did. You and I, we grew up together. You were my childhood friend. When I needed somewhere to go, guess where you were? Right here, bud. All of you. For years.

For that, I shall be forever thankful. If you ever need help, I am out there. Find me.

Stay safe, remember me, and most importantly…

always keep the spirit of HIH within you.

Forever your friend;
-Colt

- - -

Name: Colt Casey
Aliases: Shad0wFlame; ShdwFlm
Located: Northeast U.S. [Maine] / East Coast, Canada [N.B.]
<3

Old   
OwnedTom Offline
SOOPER LEET DRIVER

Send a message via MSN to OwnedTomSend a message via Skype™ to OwnedTom
04-05-2011 , 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0wFlame View Post
Everyone here at HIH, you have grown to become the closest friends that I’ve ever had. Although I had not known all of you…perhaps in a way, I did. You and I, we grew up together. You were my childhood friend. When I needed somewhere to go, guess where you were? Right here, bud. All of you. For years.

For that, I shall be forever thankful. If you ever need help, I am out there. Find me.

Stay safe, remember me, and most importantly…

always keep the spirit of HIH within you.

Forever your friend;
-Colt

- - -

Name: Colt Casey
Aliases: Shad0wFlame; ShdwFlm
Located: Northeast U.S. [Maine] / East Coast, Canada [N.B.]
<3
Wow, how is it that I love every single post you ever make?

Old   
MS The Legend Offline

04-05-2011 , 05:56 PM

Goodbye HIH

You will end on a positive note today.

I will miss you HIH! Be good while we are gone!

Old   
Stockwell Offline
RaaaawwwWRRRR!!!

It's time - 04-05-2011 , 06:40 PM

So sad to finally post my final post :(

I guess it can be considered an end to something great, as HIH was my first forum and has been since I started lurking early 2005. I joined under SEU Cerdo in 2006 and jumped to my last name, which I am habitually called by irl in 2007.

Although my activity was never more than a "job well done", the enjoyment I got from the spirit of the community was tremendous. Every day since day 1 have come to this forum. It has blown my mind watching the evolution of this sites past, but not even the Halo related aspect of it. We couldn't have of asked for a better Moderating Staff and a better group of "kids" to build such a wonderful place to be.

@Duke- this was amazing, your devotion in the past 7 years (whether you think you were extremely active or not) was incredible. I'll always remember what you helped build here, and it brings a tear to my eye to have to write this.

@EVERYONE ELSE- What a go! down to the last day this site IMO has been blowing up in spirit. the announcement of our closing brought so many people together here in the past few weeks. Every one of us should be proud to have of put together such an amazing world. With all games aside, the site was nothing without the people; and what amazing people we had.

Live strong HIH
<3

Old   
KORHAL Offline
Not Alive.

Send a message via AIM to KORHALSend a message via MSN to KORHALSend a message via Skype™ to KORHAL
04-05-2011 , 07:02 PM

Dear, EVERYONE.

Well not really EVERYONE, but everyone from my time mostly.

HIH was my "proving grounds" I have Ducain to thank for that. I have every single one of you (even the ones who are no longer here, of whom I love and miss) as well to thank for being here for all those great times.

princeofthesword, words can never appear properly to inform you of how much inspiration, admiration and love I had for you my old friend. Forever shall you be a huge part of my life. I miss you <3

EDIT_THINGY:
Frak it, every single one of you here from the beginning to the very end that contributed to BREAKING Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo PC, Halo 2, Halo 2 PC, Halo 3, Halo: ODST, Halo Wars, Halo: Reach...

YOU ALL MADE THE DIFFERENCE IN GAMING OVER THE PAST DECADE AND THEN SOME! WAY TO FRAKKIN' GO! MUCH LOVE FROM KORHAL

I really don't know what to say now besides...

Thank you.

KORHAL

EDIT_THINGY_2:

Sorry to edit again, but this post by grumpy really touched me emotionally. Thank you grumpy <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
In late March of 2005 I typed in a search word and what popped up changed my life, changed my grandson’s life and it was all for the better. I thought ‘wtf’ is ‘tricking’ so I clicked on HIH. There was like this explosion in my head!

First vid I saw was dantheman87 and his start of the OS Scarab gun quest.

Second vid was Dark Helmet swordflying up to the Metropolis Scarab gun.

Third vid was Ms Man showing how to falltime.

I was astonished, it was like I found something I always wanted to do but didn’t know about it. Like arriving home to a place you’ve never been before. Not only that but the people were friendly and extremely helpful.

Kratos and I turned off the Playstation and turned on the xbox full time. That summer was awesome, we ate and drank Halo 2 and HIH was on 24 hrs. The posting, PM’s galore (we could fill up the messages in one day). Everyday 3 or 4 vids were submitted and we all looked to see if KORHAL approved/legitimized each vid. Then later we all wanted to see what princeofthesword had to say. The perfect match for moderators was KORHAL and POTS, completely different souls but they meshed like gears in a perfect engine called HIH.

Kratos and I watched the front page and poured over every vid in the fold-down list of trickers, knowing we could never be as good as our idols. Then, low and behold we made front page and I literally cried like a baby I was so happy. The FP was fine but that is not what made me happy. I realized that the way tricking taxed our brains was a positive thing. We spent hours discussing strategy and using logic to sort out what was possible, it was much more than just playing a game. Kratos and I became closer and, by going through hell to make a trick work, truly came to understand each other that lasts to this day.

The people I will miss dearly already know so I won't list names. There are several people that I hope will post here one last time and they also know.

I’m glad I clicked on HIH that day.
I want to also add in that HIH was here at the LOWEST part of my life. I had a hard up-bringing in 2004. HIH and its members were always here for me. I fee like I'm honestly, now, as a 22yr old man...going to cry sitting here reminiscing. THANKS GRUMPY YOU'RE MAKING ME WANT TO CRY! I'm glad I was one of the many contributors here at HIH was able to help people out. I really am a modest person, but I always felt like I never really was a "celebrity" or "famous" in the Halo Community. The Halo Tricking Community showed me otherwise. You all treated me with such respect and I always wanted to give back to you. I hope everything I ever did for HIH, for all of you was nothing but good in the end. Excuse me, I'm going to find a kleenex box now :' (

Facebook: Tyler Korhal Traviss
MSN/Windows Live Messenger: flip2mute@hotmail.com
YouTube: KDKORHAL

To HIH and everyone, from me...

Thank you for existing and being such an integral part of my life. It means a LOT.

<3

KORHAL

Old   
Maluu Offline
iStack

Send a message via AIM to MaluuSend a message via MSN to MaluuSend a message via Skype™ to Maluu
04-05-2011 , 07:25 PM

I love this site. I will miss it dearly. It has changed who I am today. It's insane to think about how long I have been here, but I can definitely say I am a better person because of this forum. It has taught me things about myself I never would have learned otherwise. Thanks.

I am sad that HIH will be frozen, but happy that it launched a brand new community where I will be spending my time like I did here, Jumprs. I hope to see you all there when the time comes to part ways...

<3 HIH

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-05-2011 , 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KORHAL View Post
Dear, EVERYONE.

Well not really EVERYONE, but everyone from my time mostly.

HIH was my "proving grounds" I have Ducain to thank for that. I have every single one of you (even the ones who are no longer here, of whom I love and miss) as well to thank for being here for all those great times.

princeofthesword, words can never appear properly to inform you of how much inspiration, admiration and love I had for you my old friend. Forever shall you be a huge part of my life. I miss you <3

EDIT_THINGY:
Frak it, every single one of you here from the beginning to the very end that contributed to BREAKING Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo PC, Halo 2, Halo 2 PC, Halo 3, Halo: ODST, Halo Wars, Halo: Reach...

YOU ALL MADE THE DIFFERENCE IN GAMING OVER THE PAST DECADE AND THEN SOME! WAY TO FRAKKIN' GO! MUCH LOVE FROM KORHAL

I really don't know what to say now besides...

Thank you.

KORHAL

EDIT_THINGY_2:

Sorry to edit again, but this post by grumpy really touched me emotionally. Thank you grumpy <3

I want to also add in that HIH was here at the LOWEST part of my life. I had a hard up-bringing in 2004. HIH and its members were always here for me. I fee like I'm honestly, now, as a 22yr old man...going to cry sitting here reminiscing. THANKS GRUMPY YOU'RE MAKING ME WANT TO CRY! I'm glad I was one of the many contributors here at HIH was able to help people out. I really am a modest person, but I always felt like I never really was a "celebrity" or "famous" in the Halo Community. The Halo Tricking Community showed me otherwise. You all treated me with such respect and I always wanted to give back to you. I hope everything I ever did for HIH, for all of you was nothing but good in the end. Excuse me, I'm going to find a kleenex box now :' (

Facebook: Tyler Korhal Traviss
MSN/Windows Live Messenger: flip2mute@hotmail.com
YouTube: KDKORHAL

To HIH and everyone, from me...

Thank you for existing and being such an integral part of my life. It means a LOT.

<3

KORHAL
I'm crying right now my friend. I wish POTS was here... and Daniel.

Old   
xxaznsniperxx Offline

Send a message via AIM to xxaznsniperxx
04-05-2011 , 10:23 PM

NOOO :( Well HiH members I had a great time tricking with some of you in the good old days of the HALO 2 Era :) but halo 3 shame on you for killing it for alot of us. But either way its a Bitter sweet ending to this Awesome site. If anyone wants to play some halo or w.e you can add me

GT: xFlipSniperx

I <3 YOU HIH
I <3 THIS COMMUNITY

Old   
Frostdaddy Offline

04-05-2011 , 11:14 PM

This is a really really sad moment. Thanks again to everybody for making this site so great and so fun to be a part of and thanks to Duke for making it even possible in the first place. This will always be my favorite website/forum and I'll never forget it. You guys are the best. <3

P.S. Keep in touch please :) thanks.

And I don't think I've ever done this before, but... I've seen professional Mongolian contortionists do that

Old   
MasterOfMexico Offline

Send a message via AIM to MasterOfMexico
04-05-2011 , 11:23 PM

HIH<3
7char

Old   
MXC Offline

04-05-2011 , 11:49 PM

Had to play a part before the close. :D

Really wish I could've been there. Regardless, I'm going to spend alot of time browsing through all the content here.

Tags
we'll miss you hih!