Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Non-Halo Discussion Forum Yap and Blabber Music, Movies, and Video
Notices

Old   
Fuzzy Window Offline
Hardcore Parkour!

Send a message via MSN to Fuzzy Window
Worst.song.ever... - 03-22-2011 , 12:13 AM

Its just.....schlapskie.

Every time she says friday...so bad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

Old   
MrMonopoly Offline

03-22-2011 , 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Window View Post
Its just.....schlapskie.

Every time she says friday...so bad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0
Yeah I've seen professional Mongolian contortionists do that

Old   
Tech Artist Offline
Goodbye HIH! <3

Send a message via AIM to Tech ArtistSend a message via MSN to Tech Artist
03-22-2011 , 08:54 PM

Edit: I can't believe I posted my topic on this without even searching for this one 1st. Guess I shouldn't be in a hurry when posting something, lol.

There are so many things wrong with this video. I'll point out some of the glaring mistakes.

1. If you didn't notice, her voice is Auto Tuned to a level that makes her sound like a robot. I mean maybe not as bad as T-Pain, but still I feel like I'm listening to a robotic girl. If they had dialed it back a couple notches, it probably wouldn't be that bad. Even then, I still probably wouldn't like it cause I just can't stand Auto Tune.

2. I don't think I've heard this many words repeated in a song since Kesha's Tick-Tok. There is no reason to do this: "I see my friends(My friends). I think we get that their your friends. That same thing is done through out the song.

3. 2:05 - 2:27: I don't need to feel like I should be having a seizure while watching a music video, or EVER. Also, this is probably the worst motion graphics I've ever seen. I can tell where they cut her off at the waist, the whole thing looks like a cookie-cutter template made from clip-art, horrible typography, and that drawing effect on her is just terrible(the people who made this really need to go talk to the people that made A-Ha's Take On Me video as that is how an animated drawing is supposed to look).

4. At 1:11, the have a scene of Rebecca and her friends driving down the city freeway in their car. You see her friend's that are in the front seat are all nice and dark, as they should be, while Rebecca and her other 2 friends in the back seat are lit up like it's day time.

Through out this scene there are glaring examples of horrible keying of the green screen. If you pause the video exactly at 1:31, you get a great example of this on the girl's arm on the left side of the screen. Through out this scene, the hair is the main give away, especially on the girl with the blonde hair. Another great example lies at 2:28.

5. 2:30: Ugh...... do we really need a rap? Also, look how well this night scene is done compared to the previous one. >_>

6. The acting in this, except in the rap scene, is just awful. It just looks so forced and unnatural. I wonder how many re-shoots they had to do for scenes? Rebecca the entire time just looks like she wants to burst out with laughter.

Overall, this is just a horrible music video. The editing is sloppy, the effects are horrible, and the song honestly makes no sense and repeats itself. There are some good points to this video at least , such as the scenes where a green screen wasn't required, or it wasn't motion graphics, looked good in terms of being lit properly, great color correction(well..except that 1st car scene because I didn't get the need for the vintage look =/ ), and the camera work was good as well. Unfortunately, those good points pale in comparison to the mistakes made.

Sorry about the long rant, I just hate seeing videos like this with all the great technology at our disposal.

Edit 2: Cracked's hilarious take on this video: http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-terr...-music-videos/

Old   
Frostdaddy Offline

03-22-2011 , 09:46 PM

I love the completely emotionless "fun. fun. fun" and "sunday comes afterwards" or whatever. My sister and I were listening to this earlier and the "sunday" part got me every time.

And I hate the way she says "friday."

Old   
Tech Artist Offline
Goodbye HIH! <3

Send a message via AIM to Tech ArtistSend a message via MSN to Tech Artist
03-24-2011 , 07:26 AM

^ That GIF says everything about that video.

Old   
Fuzzy Window Offline
Hardcore Parkour!

Send a message via MSN to Fuzzy Window
03-24-2011 , 09:05 PM

Tomorrow a local radio station (FM96 - London) is doing a cash give away and the selected person has to drive around London from 6:00am till Noon listening to " Friday" on repeat. Should be good!

Old   
I Love Gruntz Offline

03-26-2011 , 05:59 PM

It's such a deep meaningful video, and I wouldn't expect you to see the lyrical genius this song is. Behind the pseudo happy bubbly layers lies an infinite depth of social out casting that can relate to everybodies lives.

You see, the song is not simply about a 13 year old partying on Friday, making highly complex decisions about seating arrangements and studying the days of the week, oh no. It's actually about conforming and rebellion. The struggle one girl must face as she comes of age and succumbs to what society wants, whilst battling her freedom and desires.

I wont go through every line of the song, but I'll give you a few examples.

Ok, the alarm goes off besides her bed. She gives a disdainful look at her alarm and sing's
"Gotta be fresh, gotta go down stairs, gotta have my bowl, gotta have my cearel"
She clearly has to do these things, but the look she gave at her alarm shows she doesn't want to, but she gotta, because otherwise she will become a seclusive, and not welcome in society.

She then throws her covers off of her self, the covers obviously representing the warm blanket that is our childhood, and she must face the world and conform to the cereal.

As she is eating, everyone around her moves about their daily routine fast. Showing that there is no time in these people's lives, no time to enjoy the cereal that they had to eat because they have to get to work and school for the simple reason that they have to. This is her routine, and to break it would be a travesty. What would happen if she broke it? She would be shunned by society, and she cannot bare that. She wants freedom, but she isn't strong enough to give it to herself.

The most famously stupid bit is choosing the seat in the car, but there is only one. To you this is funny because she of course has to choose the only seat, but that just shows you that you are sheep, following the rules because you're asked. The decision is to sit with her friends, conform and be fake, like her friends. Or rebel against the man and do what she wants, but also becoming a joke, a seclusive and an outcast. The video only offers the one seat however showing that we must all take it, and nearly all of us do.

I hope you can now realize the song for what it is, and appreciate it a bit more.

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

04-02-2011 , 04:00 PM

Sorry if this is a bit of a bump:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpLBFnLLRuw

Old   
Frostdaddy Offline

04-05-2011 , 10:10 PM

This is definitely my favorite version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GaKaGwch0U
I think all the other parodies I've seen pretty much suck.