Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches
Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 1 only can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Sniper16 Offline

New? Teleporting into a Covie Dropship - 06-13-2009 , 02:25 PM

I'm trying not to be naive and think I've discovered something new just because I've never seen it mentioned or shown before. I discovered it this morning while I was playing around exploring an anomaly I found years ago.

I discovered how to get myself teleported, while driving a ghost, into the force berth of a descending Covie dropship as it spawns. It's high enough that I can swivel my POV to check out the 2 elites and 6 assorted jackals and grunts waiting to disembark. (The elites are nearest the engine and the jackals are farthest.) It spawns high enough that it's ill-advised to X-out of the ghost. A nice smooth ride down, actually.

Before I let my hopes get too high, would somebody pop my bubble and tell me how long this little trick has been known, and whether you know of a link to a video of it?

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

Send a message via MSN to BigGruntyThirst
06-13-2009 , 03:19 PM

I don't know where to find a video link anymore, but if its in AOTCR, after you come up from underground, then its older than sin, but cooler than heck. -.-

Old   
Sniper16 Offline

06-13-2009 , 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGruntyThirst View Post
I don't know where to find a video link anymore, but if its in AOTCR, after you come up from underground, then its older than sin, but cooler than heck. -.-
Yeah, that's where it is. So everybody already knows how it's done? I just found it today.

Thanks, BigGruntyThirst. I wouldn't have wanted to carry that hope too long before having it dashed. 'Scuse me. I gotta go find a place to cry in private.

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -=MaToR=-Send a message via MSN to -=MaToR=-Send a message via Yahoo to -=MaToR=-
06-16-2009 , 11:09 AM

Lol dun wurry dood. You'll find something new soon :D

Hey I found something "waaaayyy" new in multiplayer, and I've only played for 3 years. You should be finding new things left and right. Amiright?

Old   
Sniper16 Offline

06-18-2009 , 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=MaToR=- View Post

Hey I found something "waaaayyy" new in multiplayer, and I've only played for 3 years. You should be finding new things left and right. Amiright?
Well, I finished the trick I was working on when I ran across this anomaly...sort of. I set up a hunter and three jackals trapped on the bridge between two barricades. I can maneuver one jackal over to kill the hunter with a ricochet shot off the jackal's shield to the hunter's orange spot--on demand, not a fluke.

The real challenge is going to be to do it with two hunters, a double-ricochet from the first hunter's shield to a jackal's shield, to the second hunter's orange spot.

When one of the posters proposed it over in the Xbox forum (ref. thread, "How Many Ways to Kill a Hunter?") I thought he was being facecious, but then I got to thinking about all the reasons it was impossible---and when I started to tell him why I didn't think the engine would allow it, I got to wondering---and the MIR hooked me into actually wondering if it could be done.

I still don't think I can be done.

But it didn't think a single ricochet could be done either (except as a fluke) before I did it.

Old   
eckosama Offline

07-09-2009 , 12:39 PM

Quote:

I found something new in multiplayer too. It's an overshield that spwned with an inviso in it . It would have given me a huge advantage in combat had anyone joined my slow server .

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

07-09-2009 , 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckosama View Post
I found something new in multiplayer too. It's an overshield that spwned with an inviso in it . It would have given me a huge advantage in combat had anyone joined my slow server .
I wouldn't exactly call that new. >.>

Old   
eckosama Offline

07-10-2009 , 01:36 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't exactly call that new. >.>
lol rlly? who found it first?

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

07-10-2009 , 01:47 AM

No idea. Its that old.

Old   
eckosama Offline

07-10-2009 , 02:34 AM

Quote:
No idea. Its that old.
tahaa wow. no to the freakin way. Ok, I guess I never did find anything new except spinning cutscenes on Halo and aotcr.

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -=MaToR=-Send a message via MSN to -=MaToR=-Send a message via Yahoo to -=MaToR=-
07-11-2009 , 10:26 PM

Yeah honestly, that's just a random spawn crapup that happens when you reset the game too much l0l.

Another random thing on bg, one of the rocks in the red cave changes size/shape every time you rehost your game. (like campaign) It's honestly really annoying.. -.-

Old   
eckosama Offline

07-14-2009 , 03:01 AM

Quote:
Yeah honestly, that's just a random spawn crapup that happens when you reset the game too much l0l.

Another random thing on bg, one of the rocks in the red cave changes size/shape every time you rehost your game. (like campaign) It's honestly really annoying.. -.-
yeah that's how I found it. haha. There should be this thing that if u reset tto much, chuck norris comes out of nowhere and round house kicks u to death. (are chuck jokes shunned in HIH?)

Back to the dropship idea, I've tried staying on a covie ship, but to no avail. Is there any way to "ride" one like u can ride pelicans?

Old   
Sniper16 Offline

07-14-2009 , 04:11 PM

Quote:
Back to the dropship idea, I've tried staying on a covie ship, but to no avail. Is there any way to "ride" one like u can ride pelicans?
Not sure what you mean by "ride pelicans"---do you mean like staying in for an extra hop up top at the beginning of 343GS?

AFAIK, there's no way to ride dropships like that.

There is one place you can stay in a Covie dropship long enough to get quite high, but you have to do it in Co-Op--one player to get into the dropship and the other to trip the trigger-point for it to ascend and leave.

In Silent Cartographer there's a dropship that hovers near the beach in front of the SC structure entrance. If you approach it from the top of the map near the SC entrance, you can descend using the trees without triggering the dropship to leave.

(I recommend you shoot all the pesky Covies hanging around below before descending. For me at least, it's easier; and the auto-gun on the underside of the dropship has time to get over it by the time you're down and will remain dormant.)

This dropship is one with its berths open and you can hop in and take your choice. When player 2 runs along the beach to trigger the ship to leave, you can keep stay in a long time as it ascends and eventually dumps you in midair.

Old   
eckosama Offline

07-15-2009 , 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper16 View Post
...dumps you in midair.
dangit. so i guess they all do that then. I guess there's not much you can do with dropships, except when someone (was it bgt?) who ripped off the gunner of the dropship and it fell on the ground. yay.

btw Mator, what trick did you find that was new in multiplayer?

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

07-15-2009 , 10:06 PM

Quote:
someone (was it bgt?) who ripped off the gunner of the dropship and it fell on the ground. yay.
Whoa! Why didn't I see this! Where can I see this?!?!?

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

07-15-2009 , 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Soda King View Post
Whoa! Why didn't I see this! Where can I see this?!?!?
Its in my tricking archive. =O
http://bungiemedia.com/archives/LIEKWOALOLDST.wmv
That's the original clip, I didn't get to film the method, obviously, because it wasn't exactly planned. It just happened. Lone Starr was kind enough to make an official video for it, with a tutorial. Its so darned easy, I don't know why it wasn't discovered before.
http://bungiemedia.com/archives/The_Deattached_Gun_.wmv

Old   
Sniper16 Offline

07-16-2009 , 07:17 PM

Quote:
I guess there's not much you can do with dropships, except when someone (was it bgt?) who ripped off the gunner of the dropship and it fell on the ground. yay.
Uuuuummmm.......and how is that done? By ramming it with the Yellow Banshee?

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

07-16-2009 , 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper16 View Post
Uuuuummmm.......and how is that done? By ramming it with the Yellow Banshee?
See post above yours.

Old   
eckosama Offline

07-17-2009 , 02:32 PM

Quote:
See post above yours.
lol. He got the "banshee" part right. I want to try it in single player. Where do I fly to when I ram it, and will I have to jump out when I do it?