Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Legendary Death0 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Legendary Death0
The Scarab Gun Sticky - 03-27-2006 , 01:32 AM

Scarab & Scarab Gun Topic
Note I am not obbsesed with scarab/scarab guns.
PLZ LEAVE THIS TOPIC CLEAN. NO I FOUND THIS!!!! PM ME INSTEAD everythng else is okay to be in the fourm (ex WOW and stuff)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Annoucements: New section and some updates not much scarab news lately

Note I made this to help your qusetions but still topic about help plz just PM me I will help!!!(Hey it's better than dealing with the wait)

Okay here is the I think we preety much searched the whole frikin disc of halo 2 i will still anser questions but not as quickly cause well i don't go on as much so i am just saying don't expect any scarab news comin up or antisipate it cause my instinct is saying that we have done everything we can with it.......what am i thinking we still got alot to do (i think)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**THIS IS NOT COMPLETE!** I have justed started posting links and crap.

Note: I do not know all the glitches and I might miss some glitches on the fourm so don't go YOU SUCK YOUR SCARAB TOPIC DOESN'T HAVE BLAH BLAH tell me what I am missing nicely and I'll add it.

Credit:
People that make scarab glitchs/tricks:
Dantheman87-You are awesome also helping me with this topic
Frost_165-got the outskirts scarab gun first
Legendarydeath-me
Grumpy- Made the vid of getting the outskirts
scarab gun and live
Agent Me-got all the enemies from the scarab out.
Danishviking-found the second scarab gun
Fatal Reaction-also found the second scarab gun
KORHAL- making this a sticky and i think some other stuff
Draxalinor-found out the black scarab texture glitch and helped me with this
Thuggalo420DL-made some of the saves i have in here
Sorhan-getting the metro scarab gun w/o banshee and living
Flames69-got the scarab gun#2 differently which is easy
Punk Rock-made the dual weld scarab gun saves
Darkhelmet-got scarab gun in metro differently
Italianchia-got sg w/o vehi's
Gil27-WOW he started the whole sg craze thanx!!!
2nd duelies-made a huge vehicle collection on the scarab
Crosseyes- made another in-depth tut to get outskirts Scarab gun
(I know that isn't all the people that help with all things scaraby tell me your name and what you did and i'll add you)

I wanted to make this topic all things scarab from black scarab glitchs to scarab gun news so thousands of topics don't pop up saying WHERE IS THIS and I FOUND THIS. Also i wanted this to be the place where new scarab news is posted. (Note I do not want people saying to post news of something scarab if you do not have proof!!) But i will accept in PMs of what you think is real and i'll will try the glitch or TUT or whatever you have scaraby. Also PM or email or AIM me (if I am on) for suggestions or something to add or like to be changed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scarab Gun FAQ http://webzoom.freewebs.com/cross173...0Gun%20FAQ.txt
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Scarab Gun
:
On November 27 the most popular gun, the scarab gun, was revealed and many additions have been added on. Some people say it is a glitch some say it wasn't suppossed to be found. Some say it UNLEASHES HELL UPON COVENENT!!

Levels with scarab guns: Outskirts and Metropolis
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outskirts

Outskirts scarab gun
-This is the link where Dantheman87 first finds out about the outskirts scarab gun.

Where Dan Gets iy in 1P :O :O :O
-Helps if you want the outskirts scarab gun and don't have AR and want a save of it this will help!!

Getting the outskirts scarab gun
-The destruction of the outskirts scarab gun (grumpy's vid same with the ones below).

Position the outskirts scarab gun
-This tells you the position of the gun.

Grabbing the outskirts scarab gun
-Tells you how to grab the gun.

A tutorial. Credit goes to Frost_165

Frost165 wrote:
Skulls you need to have activated, Black Eye and Sputnik.

1) Go through Outskirts normally until you get to the entrance of the highway tunnel. Be sure to grab the Rocket Launcher from the platform with the Marines and Sniper riffle on it. Save atleast one Rocket and one Frag grenade.

2) Take a ghost from the highway tunnel and activate the load point. Go back out of the tunnel after activating the load point and there will be a ramp like thing to the left (if you're facing the entrance) of the entrance. Drive the ghost on top of it and use a plasma grenade to get it on top of the tunnel. Make sure you are atleast halfway in the "green zone" with your overshields. If not, beat some covenant down with melees and get it back into the "green zone".

3) Drive towards the end of the tunnel, the end of the wall with the Black fungus/mold on it will be fake.

4) Drive through/past it and then, drive off of the edge with your ghost. Where you end up driving off of the edge, makes a HUGE difference in the guns spawn time. If you go to far, you will end up dying because the wall gets too high. If you drive off too soon, the gun will spawn as you're falling. You want to go right between the 2 "zones".

5) Drive parallel to the highway wall (still going towards the end of the tunnel.) once your in the water and you should spawn the Scarab and the Scarab Gun. Provided you didn't die or that the gun already spawned on your way down.

6) Get out of the ghost and use the Frag Rocket Jump to get out of the water and hopefully, underneath or very close to the gun. *NOTE* If you did step 4 correctly, it seems that the gun won't spawn for about 4 seconds or until you jump. This is extremely helpful as it lets you set up the jump.*END NOTE*This will take a lot of time and patience to get the timing and positioning just right. Just keep at it, and you'll get the gun.

NEW STEP! THIS IS HOW YOU SURVIVE THE FALL. Do note this step is not easy, it took me 2 days to get it right XD

7) While I was in the air, I hit "Y" to switch for my second weapon. This weapon I swaped for the Scarab Gun, and on my way back down, I switched to my RL again and shot the wall. This prevented me from dying because of the fall timer. Once I was down in the water with my precious gun, I simply walked on to the beach.

*NOTE!!!* Do NOT switch to the RL right when you get the gun. It fires automaticaly for 1.5 seconds and if you switch during that time, you get blown up. After the 1.5 seconds are over, it is safe to switch weapons. *END NOTE*

8 ) After you have survived the fall and have your precious gun, you're probably going to want your check points to be enabled again. For some odd reason they won't be activated until you kill the 2 ghosts that come after the Scarab shoots under normal circumstances. Wait in the water for a couple of seconds and look towards the end of the tunnel until you either hear or see 2 ghosts driving around (all you will see are some bright blue lights). Kill them then walk up towards the beach and your check points should be enabled once again.

This was all done in Single Player too. I'm sure that if you did this in Co-op and had you partner watch where you fall, he could go in and get it out of the water.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another tut made by Crosseyes that was made by Dantheman87 too

The Outskirts Scarab Gun

===============================
Part One: Setup
===============================
First of all, you'll need the Blackeye & Sputnik skulls.
To get the blackeye skull, go on The Great Journey on legendary. Play through until you get to the place where sarge blows a hole in the council chamber. Notice the dome-shaped part of it. You'll need to land a banshee near the top where you can just barely walk. Walk all the way to the other side and you'll see a large \-shaped pillar. Walk up it until you come to a landing. You'll see a skull that after picked up, gives you overshields when you melee an enemy to death. Save & quit. Now go into Quarentine Zone on legendary. When you start out, turn 180 degrees. You'll see a tunnel. Go through it and stick to the left wall until you come to a mist pit. You'll see a ledge to your left. Follow it until you get the skull. Pick it up and it will increase force/lower gravity or however you want to define it. Save & quit. Now load up outskirts on any difficulty. Play through until you exit Hotel Zanzibar.

=================================== ===
Part 2: A day at the *BOOM!* whoa....sweet
Take the ghost over by the downed pelican. Cross the beach blowing up anything you see besides marines & warthogs. once you get to the tunnel enterance, kill all the baddies there (use melee so you'll get overshield, you want them to be full). Go back a little and you'll see a building with a marine, sniper rifle, and rocket launcher. Take the rocket launcher. If you got a checkpoint after you killed all the enemies, you'll need to go all the way back to the downed pelican. If you didn't, a couple of ghosts might come out of the tunnel. Kill them to get a checkpoint. Once at the pelican, drive past it toward the end of the beack. You'll come to a balcony and a warthog that won't blow up. Get the hog on the beach by any means necessary (or unnecessary). Drive back to the tunnel.

Part Three: The Classics.
Now it starts to get hard. Look at the corner where the tunnel meets a wall on the left (outside the tunnel). You'll notice a big block with a slope on one side. Drive the invincihog up to the top of this and balance it out. Now, presuming the hog is facing the tunnel, get out and get behind it. Now you'll need to do something I call a PFW launch. look at an angle so that you can throw a plasma grenade under the turret. Now quickly switch to frag grenades and toss one so that it hits the ground, then right under the turret. This will catapult the warthog on top of the tunnel. If you took damage, melee a marine. Now go into the tunnel, grab a ghost, and drive.

Part Four: Speed Zone....Well it's way back there Now.
Once The screen kinda changes a little, it says "Speed Zone Ahead", and you get a checkpoint, turn around. Drive back to the beggining of the tunnel. while still in the tunnel facing out, go up on the ledge to your left and get next to the wall. strafe to your left until your ghost seems to become unbalanced. Get out and it will balance out. Get out, jump on the ghost, then crouch jump to the ledge ahead. turn to your left and you will see another ledge. strafe a little close to the beach, get back, then crouch jump onto it. find your warthog and get in it. facing away from the beach, there are two paths. To your left is a swarm of buggers sure to kill you. To your right is the gun. Go that way. Immediatly you'll see a huge structure. Go past it. You'll se another one. To the right of it is an odd black wall with some pixelated yellowish moldy stuff on it. This one you cna go through, so do it. You'll see another one, and to the right of it there isn't a wall. go through this one too. Now there will be another drop-off to your right, and the wall will start to get higher. Keep driving, and eventually you'll see a veeeery faint pair of thick lined going diagnol the opposite way of the wall, forming a kind of arrow when it meets the drop-off. Go past them, and you'll see three more. Go past them, and you'll see another pair that kind of stands out from the rest of them. Line up the warthog's left tires with the right side of the right line. Now Drive toward the drop off, slowly. Once at the edge, get out and PFW launch the warthog out into the water. You should have at least one rocket, one frag grenade, and full overshields. Line yourself up on the edge of the drop-off, faching towards the end of the tunnel and parralel to the wall. Now slowly, take one step to your right, and fall.

===================================
Part 5: The King...Of Guns.
===================================
So now your in the watter and you can't see anything but your HUD, gun, and BSOD. STRAFE five steps to your right, then walk forward. Eventually, the screen will suddenly get a little bit lighter. Get right on the edge of the light and dark "zones". Look down and toss a frag grenade at your feet. Wait about 3/4 of a second, jump, and fire your rocket at the ground. You'll go flying through the air, and then suddenly you'll be right in the middle of the Scarab's beam. Switch to your secondary and grab the gun. If you switch back to RL within about the next second, you'll die and go flying through the air. Once it's safe, switch back to RL. Now try desperatly to make it back on top of the tunnle. If you do this, walk back to the start of the tunnel. If you don't, then !^%^#%&@^%&#^@^&*#&#&*#&#^#&%^(Tryi ng to find a way to survive the fall)@^@%$#%@^@#$^%#$^#. Once you've landed safely in the water, look back at the beach. Walk until you reach the invisible wall. Go to the right and eventually you'll come to a gap in the wall. Go through it.

=================================== ==
Part 6: The Pain of a Thousand Suns
=================================== ==
Here's the easiest and funnest part of the whole thing. Go through the tunnel and unlease hell upon the covies. After you kill the two ghosts that come when the scarab fires normally, you'll get the checkpoints back on.

also, if you can't find a way to survive the fall, heres a way I found. It's kinda hard though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
ok, I figured out that when you launch with the Rocket-Frag, it sends you backwards. So, maybe, instead of going off the normal way, go off the edge facing away from it. now get in position and take a step forward once you do. Fire off and hold back a little bit. You should still be able to grab the gun. Now, just hold back and get back to the ledge.
just put that where the end of part 4 and beggining of part 5 are.

I have a map too, but it's not very in-depth. combine it with the TUT and you should be good: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/crosseyes/scarab-gun-outskirts-map.png

also, please do not steal this. this took tons of luck to discover and tons of work to remember, record, and write.
=================================== ============

AR Saves

AR Saves Link have the scarab gun (I made this!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Metropolis Scarab Gun #1

good vid link
-This is how to get the scarab gun, that was first found, with great detail.(note this link does not work i am trying to fix it though)

Scarab gun differently-got to the scarab gun differently

Getting the scarab gun w/o vehi

How to get a Scarab gun w/o banshee part 1 getting it
-As the link says

How to get a Scarab gun w/o banshee Part 2 Getting down
-As the link says

2 banshees
-A vid of how to get two banshees through the tunnel to the scarab gun.

scarab gun w/o banshees
-This is how to get the scarab gun without the banshee.

banshee launching
-Banshee lauching, as it says.

forum link
-How to get a whole banshee through the tunnel; you need the whole banshee to do a banshee jump.

Banshee jump
-Getting the Metropolis scarab gun with a banshee jump.

The Saves

AR save 1
(You have the scarab gun)

AR save 2
(You have the scarab gun in the beginning of Metropolis)

AR save 3
(You have infinite health and the scarab gun)

Metropolis Scarab Gun #2

Good tutorial vid
-This is how to get the other one with some detail

Second scarab gun
.-How to get the gun differently and he dual welds.

Second gun
-This is just a vid of dantheman playing with the second scarab gun.

The save:(I couldn't get you a direct link so I tried to tell you how to get it) http://www.xbox-saves.com/index.php?category=saves You should go to search and look for scarab gun and you will find it there
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Scarab

The Scarab looks like a spider armed for war, drools green crap when it charges up and shoots (good example GJ when sarge shots at pretty much nothing). The scarab is also the biggest letdowns since you can't drive it (I got the secial ed and they have deleated scenes and the arbiter talks to sarge and goes "Do you know how to drive a scarab" (and piss off the player to the point where you stomp on their xbox). But it is also the probably the most fun vechile even though not driveable)

"BLACK SCARAB - Player one get as far away from the Scarab as possible. (Exact distance unknown, places that work: Pier past the death barrier near where the Pelicans spawn over and over. Beginning of the Walkways) Player one stare in the general direction of the Scarab. Player two get close or board the Scarab. As long as Player one keeps distance and both MC's look at the Scarab it is painted Black (Untextured) on Player TWO'S screen. The holographic controls below cast a cool glow on everything and everyone and are the ONLY details the Scarab posses's. Reason: Because the game gives texture priority to Player One."

The amazing scarab color changer
Okay this glitchs involves pretty much any covenent or human vechile or troop. you first get your unsuspected target on a ledge and you ram it on the scarab if doune right it will change color or drive the vechile on it and some vechiles will change colors try it!

Great Journey getting on early-credit goes to draxalinor
Skulls needed - Sputnik
First, I dont think you need Sputnik, but it makes this easier. Make your way to the beach, where Wraiths and Brutes guard the door. Kill everyone and do not proceed. Look at the Scarab Platform, where the cutscene happens later, with the door to proceed to your left. There are many rocks near the door to your left. Find the one CLOSEST to the Scarab platforms most left side where it meets the rock wall. Get between the platform and the rock, and face towards the Sea (door to your right now) 1 well placed sticky and a good jump will land you halfway up this boulder. Another will put you ontop of it. Now turn around and face the platform, place a plasma near the edge... time it right, run and jump. You get catapulted over onto the left-most side. The cutscene door does not open, and you can board the Scarab. No one below, and it rains INSIDE the Scarab.

Do some backtracking JUST after you free your Brethern from the Force Fielded Jail Cells but BEFORE the cutscene door and do this, and theres Brutes on the platform. Dont go near the door, instead stay far away. Board the Scarab and you can go below, beat Johnson senseless. (he doesnt have the force field up because you didnt go to cutscene yet, but he and the Brutes are out there because of the last checkpoint before the cutscene door) When you want to proceed in the level, approach the door to trigger the cutscene.
Speculation: Cutscene might start after all the Brutes are dead... Don't know though.

Seeing through the scarab and be able to shoot inside it.
(if it is unclear tell me and I'll change)
Yes you can do this you first jump on the scarab's cannon like flaps that go in and out and where the scarab stuff comes out and go under the top flaps and go through the green part of the gun (and if you keep going you can see your bottom half if you are in the right angle like in headlong on the corner of the building) then turn left and keep going and make sure to not fall off and look at the scarab and you should see through it and if you keep walking towards the scarab you can shoot the enemies inside (scarab gun supposedly backfired.)

Vids

getting on the scarab early
(Ok this guy got on the scarab when you first see it when you come out of the tunnel in Metro)

Random sorta related scarab stuff

Vehicle parking -To do this get a vehicle any will do and go over the top of the scarab and get out and it will move to face forward and will float there and if u use a warthog or a ghost or sumthin like that the only way to get it out is a explosion like a grenade.

going up(you have a warthog a wrath and two marines on the scarab bridge) (How did they do that?)

check out the covent's car dealers
-huge vehicle collection on the scarab look 4 urself

THE SCARAB SCORES AGAIN (If you like soccar well Dantheman87 sees that scarabs and pelicans hate each other and settle their differences playing with the giant soccar ball.)

4ur safety plz keep all and and body parts outside the vehicle
(Agent me got all the enemies outside the scarab in the scarab battle and when you do the scarab is destroyed and the cutscene starts.) (So that's why they say do not leave the vechile in motion and or activity. lol)

Things to do (Note i made this to show what i am doing to my topic next the top of the list is what i will do sooner the bottom will be the last. Also the order can and probably will be changed to what news is coming out like a new scarab gun will be first on my list while a little minor glitch will be on the bottom. Finally i will put it in my topic i just have different things to do than this topic or halo.)

PM me if you know the original links foe these plz and it will speed things up.

1.The scarab physics( i can't find the orginal link for this can somebody tell me!)
=================================== =================================== ========================

Last edited by Legendary Death0; 05-16-2006 at 05:14 PM. .

Old   
Terminator Offline
Happy Cakes Monitor Man

03-27-2006 , 10:12 AM

glad to have this back. :) its a fun sticky, i enjoyed trying to get the guns when i first got halo 2. :p

Old   
Legendary Death0 Offline

03-27-2006 , 02:17 PM

No problem I thought reposting this would help new people who just found out about hih.

Old   
spec-ops elite Offline

Send a message via MSN to spec-ops elite
03-27-2006 , 06:56 PM

Yah, It's back in action:D

Old   
crosseyes Offline

Send a message via MSN to crosseyes
03-27-2006 , 11:43 PM

The dual weIld scarab gun save is f***ked. Rapidshare sucks, can someone upload it to codejunkies, filefront, or a personal site?

editZ: You can remove the last Q/A in your FAQ section :D

Last edited by crosseyes; 03-27-2006 at 11:46 PM. .

Old   
Legendary Death0 Offline

03-28-2006 , 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosseyes
The dual weIld scarab gun save is f***ked. Rapidshare sucks, can someone upload it to codejunkies, filefront, or a personal site?

editZ: You can remove the last Q/A in your FAQ section :D
Rapidshare doesn't work anymore I see codejunkies was messed up and wouldn't work so i made another one but i'll upload it again

Old   
spec-ops elite Offline

03-28-2006 , 05:42 PM

Please try and put it on mythica, mythica seems to work the best on my computer.

EDIT:
(Ok this guy got on the scarab when you first see it when you come out of the tunnel in Metro)
forgetting sumthing?
(This is what happens when you forget all the enemies on Outskirts)

These two are the same link.

Old   
crosseyes Offline

03-28-2006 , 08:49 PM

No they're not. The second one has an -1 at the end. Unless they're the same video...

And what were you talking about putting on Mythica? If I have the vid on my computer I could probably do it.

Old   
spec-ops elite Offline

03-29-2006 , 06:26 PM

I meant that they are the same vid.

Old   
Legendary Death0 Offline

03-30-2006 , 10:32 PM

Thanks spec most the vids are old so i'll try and look out for bad or thrown out links.

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

04-06-2006 , 02:26 PM

[quote=Legendary Death0]
quote]
I am obsessed with scarab guns.:D

Old   
crosseyes Offline

04-06-2006 , 08:35 PM

Please don't SPAM in this thread.

BTW, welcome to HIH.

Old   
Lord of da Noobs Offline

04-08-2006 , 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spec-ops elite
Please try and put it on mythica, mythica seems to work the best on my computer.

EDIT:
forgetting sumthing?
(This is what happens when you forget all the enemies on Outskirts)

These two are the same link.
dude, did you watch them, they are two totally diffenent vids!!!!! and one is .....0001, the other is 0001-1
but still they are pretty goood vids

Old   
Brodeur30 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brodeur30
04-08-2006 , 08:55 AM

IT WAS THE WEIRDEST THING EVER!!!

i was on zanzibar and suddenly i went to a blue screen. when i got out of the blue screen a scarab was walking around and shooting me when he saw me. one death i came back alive and i had a scarab gun! what happened?

Old   
ReadingNayr Offline

04-11-2006 , 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur30

i was on zanzibar and suddenly i went to a blue screen. when i got out of the blue screen a scarab was walking around and shooting me when he saw me. one death i came back alive and i had a scarab gun! what happened?
i'll tell ya what happened, nothing happened and you are lieing. simple as that. We HIH are not stupid. You are not stupid but you are stupid for saying that and using all caps and lieing.

please do not do that again.

Old   
EternalSlayer Offline

Send a message via AIM to EternalSlayerSend a message via MSN to EternalSlayer
04-11-2006 , 11:07 AM

I have a Moderator in disguise beneath me XD

Last edited by EternalSlayer; 04-11-2006 at 02:59 PM. .

Old   
spec-ops elite Offline

04-11-2006 , 02:08 PM

This is thread isn't for posting that type of stuff. Keep it somewhere else, actually don't post it at all.

Old   
Legendary Death0 Offline

04-11-2006 , 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingNayr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur30

i was on zanzibar and suddenly i went to a blue screen. when i got out of the blue screen a scarab was walking around and shooting me when he saw me. one death i came back alive and i had a scarab gun! what happened? (LOL I LIED HA HA)
i'll tell ya what happened, nothing happened and you are lieing. simple as that. We HIH are not stupid. You are not stupid but you are stupid for saying that and using all caps and lieing.

please do not do that again.
I read that and no offense but I felt like wanted to ban him badly...anyway if anyone post that kind of thing again I will ask a moderator to either lock this topic or delete those posts anyway lets stay on topic here I really don't feel like locking this but I must if I have to.

Old   
FJGamer Offline

Send a message via AIM to FJGamerSend a message via Yahoo to FJGamer
Question uh ok - 04-11-2006 , 11:10 PM

[quote=Orange Soda King]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary Death0
quote]
I am obsessed with scarab guns.:D
There's actually a better option if you don't mind a hacked game save from CodeJunkies. I tried it out about two months ago. It gives you two plasma pistols that shoot tons of 'needles' and red beams and never has to reload or cool down. Also, it's fool-proof, because you can't even get hurt by it. Believe me, I was actually trying to commit suicide, but I couldn't shoot myself. The only way I could die was to shoot right next to a group of explosive devices or not put up a fight and let the enemy hordes get me... or go out of bounds. The save was called "DuelPhAnTom" on Codyjunkies, but it showed up as "WillGreg123" on my character selection menu. In any case, it's better than the Scarab Gun, but it can't be retrieved in the game, and if you switch weapons (or even just let go of one of 'em), it gets replaced by a regular plasma pistol.

Oh and I watched this: http://useruploads.mythica.org/cgi-b...rab_0001-1.wmv
It looks kewl, I guess, but the Scarab always disappeared when I went up there. What difficulty was it? I never played it in easy.

Old   
Legendary Death0 Offline

04-12-2006 , 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJGamer
There's actually a better option if you don't mind a hacked game save from CodeJunkies. I tried it out about two months ago. It gives you two plasma pistols that shoot tons of 'needles' and red beams and never has to reload or cool down. Also, it's fool-proof, because you can't even get hurt by it. Believe me, I was actually trying to commit suicide, but I couldn't shoot myself. The only way I could die was to shoot right next to a group of explosive devices or not put up a fight and let the enemy hordes get me... or go out of bounds. The save was called "DuelPhAnTom" on Codyjunkies, but it showed up as "WillGreg123" on my character selection menu. In any case, it's better than the Scarab Gun, but it can't be retrieved in the game, and if you switch weapons (or even just let go of one of 'em), it gets replaced by a regular plasma pistol.

Oh and I watched this: http://useruploads.mythica.org/cgi-b...rab_0001-1.wmv
It looks kewl, I guess, but the Scarab always disappeared when I went up there. What difficulty was it? I never played it in easy.
I have both saves and the scarab gun is actually more useful if you know how to use it;).