Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Membrane32 Offline

09-25-2006 , 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A littl3 girl
you have to mod to get the gun. there is no scarab gun on gj.
Exactly what he said

(giving you some extra reassurance)

Old   
00Svo Offline
2 Icecreams!

Send a message via AIM to 00SvoSend a message via MSN to 00Svo
10-04-2006 , 06:15 PM

Hey, Terminator, this is my first post on this thread (I gave up on Bungie.net) I just wanted some specific instructions for getting the scarab gun on outskirts.

Old   
Membrane32 Offline

10-04-2006 , 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Svo
Hey, Terminator, this is my first post on this thread (I gave up on Bungie.net) I just wanted some specific instructions for getting the scarab gun on outskirts.
it isnt easy to get specific instructions on that :P just watch the videos, they give pretty good instructions

Old   
Terminator Offline
Happy Cakes Monitor Man

10-04-2006 , 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Svo
For starters, there is a very good video tutorial for it, but it appears to be down. It will be up shortly, and I'll edit it into this post.
EDIT: Click.

I found a very easy way to get it... well, easy to me.:) If you get on top of the Outskirts tunnle, and take a left and walk out a good ways, so you are sorta behind Hotel Zanzibar (Still in the second part of the map. On top, just behind the exit of the Hotel, per se.) and wait, a Phantom will come out of no where and fly towards the barrier, then hault. The Phantom will only come if you run through the first half of the level, otherwise, it will spawn on the first part of the map and that may ruin this plan.

Once the Phantom comes to rest, you should get a checkpoint. Several more checkpoints should follow. These are all the checkpoints you get when you are in that building at the beginning of the level fighting off waves of Covenant with Johnson and the Marines. If you have a Warthog, or even a Ghost up there with you when the checkpoint happens, you are in good shape. Get in the Ghost/ 'Hog, and drive to the spawn point of the Gun, as seen in the video above. If you do not know where that is, it is to the right of the top of the tunnle enterance.

Your goal is to get down into the water, near under the Gun's spawn point with at least on rocket, at least on frag, full Oversheilds, and Sputnik. Get close to under the Gun's spawn point and wait for a checkpoint. Bam! You can try to get the Gun now.:) Again, if you don't understand some of this, watch the video some more. It explains it nicely, and I am putting it into words, but I am explaining how to get the checkpoint under the gun for as many tries as nessessary. Be sure to save and quit once you get a good checkpoint though, because if you die trying to get the Gun too mnay times, you may go back a checkpoint.

Ummm... oh! For the position of the Gun, do not have camoflauge enabled. Faall off the dge into the water fra back enough so that you don't spawn the Scarab. Walk forward until the water suddenly lightens up. (You should be looking straight down, while walking forward.) Wait for your checkpoint there, then just launch yourself up into the air and see where the Gun is. Do as dantheman87 does in the video, and best of luck.:D

If you have any problems at all, feel free to PM me, add I'll be glad to walk you through this. Welcome to HIH by the way, I hope you'll find your stay here pleasant. =)

Old   
00Svo Offline
2 Icecreams!

Send a message via AIM to 00SvoSend a message via MSN to 00Svo
10-05-2006 , 05:27 PM

Thanks! I'll try getting it on Saturday.:D

Old   
Brucer420 Offline

10-06-2006 , 03:57 PM

I am so gonna try to get the Outskirts Scarab Gun. My first attempt to get it was a huge failure. I'm confident i will succeed with your plan on how to get it. Thanks a ton!

Old   
cbd157 Offline

Send a message via AIM to cbd157
uhhh - 10-07-2006 , 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosseyes
The dual weIld scarab gun save is f***ked. Rapidshare sucks, can someone upload it to codejunkies, filefront, or a personal site?

editZ: You can remove the last Q/A in your FAQ section :D
Theres a vid at mythica.org for duel wielding them on co-op

Old   
Brucer420 Offline

10-08-2006 , 10:42 PM

Dual weilding the Scarab Guns on Metropolis was freakin fun. It took about 6 tries to obtain them though.

Old   
SRL Offline
Banned

10-22-2006 , 11:51 PM

Hey someone needs to get the scarub gun thats in the tunnel on Outskirts.I would give it a try but,my Xbox has trouble loading sertain maps.

Old   
Membrane32 Offline

10-23-2006 , 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRL
Hey someone needs to get the scarub gun thats in the tunnel on Outskirts.I would give it a try but,my Xbox has trouble loading sertain maps.
I dont think that there is a scarab gun in the tunnel

Old   
Swiff Strike Offline

10-23-2006 , 12:13 AM

That gun would happen to be the outskirts scarab gun...

Watch the outskirts scarab gun vids. It fires a warthog, then the SG. Same with the one in the tunnel. The vids are getting that same gun from the easiest possible location.

Old   
Membrane32 Offline

10-23-2006 , 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiff Strike
That gun would happen to be the outskirts scarab gun...

Watch the outskirts scarab gun vids. It fires a warthog, then the SG. Same with the one in the tunnel. The vids are getting that same gun from the easiest possible location.
Oh, i never realized that, i always wondered what was up with the random shot :P

Old   
SRL Offline
Banned

10-23-2006 , 11:16 PM

I want to see someone get it in the tunnel thats the point.

Old   
Brucer420 Offline

10-26-2006 , 05:39 PM

Me and SRL have gotten the one in the water. The one in the tunnel seems like a tough challenge.
What's the deal with the Scarab shooting in a hole that's already in the top of the tunnel? Maybe it shot there twice....

Old   
crosseyes Offline

Send a message via MSN to crosseyes
10-28-2006 , 12:33 PM

OR! Maybe it's foot made the hole while chasing the warthog, and the warthog thought it to be a good escape route. Think about it this way: All the wreckage was underneath the hole. Scarabs can't shoot directly downwards, only sideways and at an angle.

Wow terminator, I never though of checkpoint manipulating like that. I'ma have to update my text tut.

Now that IK have a laptop with a built-in capture card, I can get some High quality pictures for you of exactly where to jump off into the water. In advance: Once your in the water, take about 7 stepes forward (or sideways, depending on the way you jumped off. Go forward if you were facing away from the wall at a flat, perpindicular angle, go right if you were facing , parrallell, etc.) then continue AWAY from the way you came until your RL turns lighter, as Terminator said. Now, throw a frag grenade, wait 3/4 of a second, then jump and rocket. That will propel you higher so you can get the gun and clear the wall. If you throw, jump, rocket at the same time, you won't get enough force because the frag grenade's effect is reduced because of you getting too far away.

Last edited by crosseyes; 10-28-2006 at 12:38 PM. .

Old   
Brucer420 Offline

10-29-2006 , 08:31 PM

Possible. but you don't see the scarab's leg hit there. It stands directly over it. and for the scarab's blast , it's the scarab gun that's shooting , not the scarab itself.

Old   
crosseyes Offline

11-03-2006 , 05:58 PM

Maybe it stepped there before. As you can see, the hole is there before YOU see the scarab come. Maybe it's been by before. BTW, it's supposed to seem like the scarab is shooting. Bungie doesn't want you to know they put the scarab gun in. So basically, in story terms, it's the scarab that does the shooting. As for why there's not holes like that all over the tunnel....I'm not sure. Maybe the scarab tripped? Of course, it could be anything and it's taking up way to much time and brain cells to try and figure out every tiny detail of halo no matter how pointless.....so...moving on.

Old   
Enanito Offline

Send a message via AIM to EnanitoSend a message via MSN to EnanitoSend a message via Yahoo to Enanito
11-03-2006 , 06:22 PM

Finding out the reason why there's a hole in the tunnel is senseless...so I'll give it a shot. :)

We'll never know what made that hole. It could of been the scarab, or something completely different. It could have been any explosion (realistically, of course. Not like an explosion from actual gameplay.) There's my take on it.

Old   
crosseyes Offline

11-03-2006 , 06:24 PM

You just summed up the last half page of this thread in 38 words....

Nice. You should come here more often.

Old   
Enanito Offline

Send a message via AIM to EnanitoSend a message via MSN to EnanitoSend a message via Yahoo to Enanito
11-03-2006 , 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosseyes
You just summed up the last half page of this thread in 38 words....

Nice. You should come here more often.
Heh, thanks. I don't know how much more I could contribute to a sticky on such a famous weapon, but if you ever need an argument summed up, I'm your man.