Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

03-28-2011 , 08:00 PM

Where can I see the Scorpion on the Scarab Gun bridge?

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-28-2011 , 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Soda King View Post
Where can I see the Scorpion on the Scarab Gun bridge?
Lol, I can't find anything on that. I'll look some more but dantheman87 and Duelies came to mind and I saw vehicle collections from them but not a Scorpion. Same with Terminator, zilch. Somebody must have done it in one of those huge vids and you can't run a good search for those. Maybe X did it?

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-28-2011 , 09:53 PM

Found it, it was danthemen87 but it was kinda hidden:

http://bungiemedia.com/archives/Dan_...he__Scarab.wmv

Old   
Causeofdeath15 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Causeofdeath15Send a message via Skype™ to Causeofdeath15
03-29-2011 , 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Soda King View Post
HB Salamee, I think Grumpy has been under the Metropolis water kill zones. Update the sticky maybe?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1IrfwX-CSE
Wasn't he just below the surface? The kill barrier is further down and not right on the surface of the water if I remember correctly. Though he has gotten the closest without dying so that's got to count for something.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-29-2011 , 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Causeofdeath15 View Post
Wasn't he just below the surface? The kill barrier is further down and not right on the surface of the water if I remember correctly. Though he has gotten the closest without dying so that's got to count for something.
Well, the challenge was to survive underwater. There is 2 death barriers, one at the water surface and one at the bottom. The one at the water surface doesn't cover the entire map it only extends as far out as a Banshee can fly. The bottom kill zone is total and nothing can live if touched. When I drove out I was beyond the surface death barrier but I re-entered it on the flight across the water.

It took a lot of tries to do it and there was no CP.

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
03-29-2011 , 12:49 PM

Ah ok, I'll remove the Scorpion thing. I just remembered seeing some Scorpion launching on Metropolis in zelota's vid, so I thought he's got one onto the bridge as well.
The other things have been edited in there already.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-29-2011 , 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
Ah ok, I'll remove the Scorpion thing. I just remembered seeing some Scorpion launching on Metropolis in zelota's vid, so I thought he's got one onto the bridge as well.
The other things have been edited in there already.
This is probably the best sticky ever done, imo. The layout is graphically simple yet extremely efficient and easy to browse.

Anyway, so nobody has launched a Scorpion up to the SG bridge? Was a Wraith humped up there? On your description of 'Tank to Scarab Gun (Launch)' you refer to people getting a Scorpion from the first map to the second. Has that been done? I got a Wraith and a Ghost past that lz but failed at the Scorpion. I can't remember ever seeing 2 Scorpions on map 2.

For X and HB - On Arbiter HB has a challenge 'BAW'ing Back After the LZ'. Have you BAW'ed back through that one? I did but I didn't know it was a challenge so no vid. That BAW is easy but you have to BAW twice because the next area (sliding ramps in the floor) has one more door to get to the hallways. The room is loaded with no enemies. What I wanted to do and never got around to it was build an extra pile at the second door (as you play through), then trip the lz and BAW back into the first room and then see if the pile is still there. The nades probably deload.

Regret - 'Elevator Ledge' is about the second shaft but LDG got all the way out of the first shaft. Maybe stick his name in there somehow, he did it first.

This is all nit-picky stuff but I just thought that after we close it would be nice to have one sticky completely up to date.

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
03-29-2011 , 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
This is probably the best sticky ever done, imo. The layout is graphically simple yet extremely efficient and easy to browse.
Thanks for appreciating my work :)

Quote:
Anyway, so nobody has launched a Scorpion up to the SG bridge? Was a Wraith humped up there? On your description of 'Tank to Scarab Gun (Launch)' you refer to people getting a Scorpion from the first map to the second. Has that been done? I got a Wraith and a Ghost past that lz but failed at the Scorpion. I can't remember ever seeing 2 Scorpions on map 2.
Now you really make me confused. I BELIEVE I have seen someone launching a Scorpion up there, but I'm not sure at all. Just some fuzzy memory. If somebody did it I believe it's in dantheman's or Terminator's vids.
Wraith hump has not been done from what I know.
The only thing I know about getting a Tank from map 1 to map 2 is that it did not work for you, because the Tank always exploded. Again, I believe dantheman has to do something with this.

Quote:
For X and HB - On Arbiter HB has a challenge 'BAW'ing Back After the LZ'. Have you BAW'ed back through that one? I did but I didn't know it was a challenge so no vid. That BAW is easy but you have to BAW twice because the next area (sliding ramps in the floor) has one more door to get to the hallways. The room is loaded with no enemies. What I wanted to do and never got around to it was build an extra pile at the second door (as you play through), then trip the lz and BAW back into the first room and then see if the pile is still there. The nades probably deload.
I did definitely not, and X has probably neither. You can film it if you want or someone else can do it for you.

Quote:
Regret - 'Elevator Ledge' is about the second shaft but LDG got all the way out of the first shaft. Maybe stick his name in there somehow, he did it first.
Alright, I updated that one.

Quote:
This is all nit-picky stuff but I just thought that after we close it would be nice to have one sticky completely up to date.
You are right.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-29-2011 , 04:54 PM

Yeah, I got a feeling that after we close the unexplored stickies in each forum might get used by people just perusing, more-so than someone just browsing a million threads.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-29-2011 , 07:16 PM

Sacred Icon - 'Going Up the Shaft in the Beginning' shows a shaft going up into the ceiling. The hole is to the right of the piston and the floor below the hole has a slanted floor.

This is a fun challenge and not exceptionally hard. After you launch into the hole you will see it's a long tunnel. It is slanted upward and away from pic view so you slide back down and die. The passage goes a long way and I have not encountered death barriers. So if someone could launch up there with enough force there might be a flat spot to land on. My last attempts involved launching in the hole and then tossing a nade as I reach the top of my flight.

Old   
Causeofdeath15 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Causeofdeath15Send a message via Skype™ to Causeofdeath15
03-30-2011 , 12:55 AM

Quote:
Well, the challenge was to survive underwater. There is 2 death barriers, one at the water surface and one at the bottom. The one at the water surface doesn't cover the entire map it only extends as far out as a Banshee can fly. The bottom kill zone is total and nothing can live if touched. When I drove out I was beyond the surface death barrier but I re-entered it on the flight across the water.
My mistake.

I'm gunna miss having all of 3 people from this forum giving each other criticism... We're like family. :\

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-30-2011 , 01:20 AM

Quote:
My mistake.

I'm gunna miss having all of 3 people from this forum giving each other criticism... We're like family. :\
Yeah, I sure enjoy discussing tricks and such. Seems like the few people that are left would go through really slow periods and then suddenly an idea comes up and synapses start firing. Pretty soon another old trick bites the dust and then we'd go dormant again. Heh, I guess we won't have those spurts of genius anymore.

Old   
LDG Offline

03-30-2011 , 02:59 AM

Quote:

It took a lot of tries to do it and there was no CP.
I don't mean to be cruel or anything like that but I think dark helmet swordflew underwater in metropolis a long time ago.

http://bungiemedia.com/archives/swimlarge.wmv

edit: and lived at the end of the swordflight

Last edited by LDG; 03-30-2011 at 04:43 AM. .

Old   
Muzza Offline

03-30-2011 , 05:18 AM

Just an idea for you all, you could make a Bungie.net group dedicated to Halo 1 and 2 tricks. That way you can share and discuss ideas without having to pay for a server and stuff.

Old   
Causeofdeath15 Offline

03-30-2011 , 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
Just an idea for you all, you could make a Bungie.net group dedicated to Halo 1 and 2 tricks. That way you can share and discuss ideas without having to pay for a server and stuff.
I actually like this idea...

Old   
Anakade Offline
Farewell, HIH.

03-30-2011 , 07:42 AM

Quote:
Just an idea for you all, you could make a Bungie.net group dedicated to Halo 1 and 2 tricks.
It seems like that'll end up feeling oddly out of place once Halo makes the switch from Bungie....

Quote:
That way you can share and discuss ideas without having to pay for a server and stuff.
I don't think this is actually something to be concerned about; there's enough places that already exists that it isn't really a matter of someone needing to dump money into a new project.

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-01-2011 , 04:13 AM

Quote:
My memory did not serve me well. I went to make sure of what I was talking about so I tossed a Wraith off the bridge. Vehicles float if tossed over so then I flew a Banshee down and hopped on the Wraith. I expected to die right at the water but I didn't. I walked off and died while under water. The killzone is not the very bottom either, it's up about 1/3 of the water depth.

Old   
ODST Offline
HIH <3

Send a message via Skype™ to ODST
04-03-2011 , 01:01 PM

Quote:
Or we could just move to either Deltahalo.org, glitchgaming.org, or highimpactgaming.org.

Old   
Causeofdeath15 Offline

04-05-2011 , 05:58 AM

Quote:
My memory did not serve me well. I went to make sure of what I was talking about so I tossed a Wraith off the bridge. Vehicles float if tossed over so then I flew a Banshee down and hopped on the Wraith. I expected to die right at the water but I didn't. I walked off and died while under water. The killzone is not the very bottom either, it's up about 1/3 of the water depth.
Possible to drop a box in the water and stand on it just above the barrier? That way we could get a look around.