Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Related Categories Halo Wars Forum
Halo Wars Forum All discussion related to Halo Wars.
Notices

Old   
synthysteel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to synthysteel
Countering triple leader rush on 3v3 standard - 04-02-2009 , 12:25 AM

How do I do iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit???
Pretend they're using Prophet, Arbie and another Prophet.

Old   
locopuyo Offline

Send a message via AIM to locopuyoSend a message via MSN to locopuyoSend a message via Yahoo to locopuyo
04-02-2009 , 02:59 AM

I ran into this once with my 3v3 group, it was one of the few games we have lost. We have come up with a few strategies I'm sure will work but haven't tired them in a 3v3 yet.

In a 2v2 with one of my friends where I got double prophet rushed instead of both of us desperately attempting to pump out units to fend off the attack I just went and took a second base, which my friend cleared out with a couple of marines. I sort of abbandoned my main base which was under attack. I didn't cancel any buildings, just didn't build any new ones, or build units there. By the time my original base was low in health my friend had a decent sized army of marines with some upgrades and I had several warthogs with gunner. We were actually able to fight them off in time to save my base. And since they used all of their resources and units attacking my base they never expanded and we were quite a bit ahead economically and just ran them over with bigger armies a few minutes later.

So one thing you can do is have whoever is being attacked just take a new base as your team focuses more on economy while also building up an army.

There are other ways to beat it too. Hog rushing can do it, you just have to micro. Leave the warthogs you built for scouting and gathering crates away from your base so they don't know about them, lock your base down as you research gunner and build a few more hogs, then when you have a force big enough attack.

It isn't something you can just do on your own, you need your teamates to help you out.

Old   
synthysteel Offline

04-02-2009 , 04:11 AM

Yeah, we tried getting more bases but the thing is that they didn't make any other units and prophets could beat tanks while arbies could beat hogs.

So I think I'll have to experiment more to learn a good strategy against it.

Old   
Lastspartan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lastspartan
04-02-2009 , 04:39 PM

i can't help that much because i dont 3v3 much but my advice would be flamers and turrets i guess maybe hogs if your really good at micro

im assuming your usnc btw

Old   
locopuyo Offline

Send a message via AIM to locopuyoSend a message via MSN to locopuyoSend a message via Yahoo to locopuyo
04-02-2009 , 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthysteel View Post
Yeah, we tried getting more bases but the thing is that they didn't make any other units and prophets could beat tanks while arbies could beat hogs.

So I think I'll have to experiment more to learn a good strategy against it.
If all they use on you are their leaders drop a d-bomb right before you attack and surround them so they can't get away when you kill them.

Old   
synthysteel Offline

04-03-2009 , 12:15 AM

Surround them with what? Marines?

Old   
locopuyo Offline

04-03-2009 , 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthysteel View Post
Surround them with what? Marines?
What ever units you have, if they only use their leaders you could get hogs, marines, cyclops, anything will work against them after you drop a dbomb if it is just leaders.