Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Related Categories Halo Wars Forum
Halo Wars Forum All discussion related to Halo Wars.
Notices

Old   
synthysteel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to synthysteel
Unofficial Halo Wars Campaign Thread - 03-25-2009 , 04:51 AM

Talk about anything campaign. Avoid the storyline and focus more on the gameplay. Give tips and helpful strategies to others for everyone's convenience.

Discuss the following:

Strategies
Tips
Achievement Unlocking
General Campaign
Cutscenes

Co-op

Please keep everything in a neat, orderly fashion and refrain from arguements.
Don't be afraid to bring things up as long as you don't start an arguement about it. Be free to request people to have co-op games here. (Don't make really long conversations though. Do that in PMs.)

Old   
synthysteel Offline

03-25-2009 , 04:55 AM

Could someone give me some tips on beating the Dome of Light within par time on heroic? There are too many banshees and hunters. I don't have enough time/resources to upgrade tanks fully fast enough, enemy attacks are constant and rhinos are so weak! Halp? I experience the most trouble after I put the 3rd rhino in its position. This is where 4 and 5 appear with unit making buildings. Really annoying.

Last edited by synthysteel; 03-25-2009 at 07:18 AM. .

Old   
BishopOfAngst Offline

03-28-2009 , 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthysteel View Post
Could someone give me some tips on beating the Dome of Light within par time on heroic? There are too many banshees and hunters. I don't have enough time/resources to upgrade tanks fully fast enough, enemy attacks are constant and rhinos are so weak! Halp? I experience the most trouble after I put the 3rd rhino in its position. This is where 4 and 5 appear with unit making buildings. Really annoying.
If you are going for the par time achievement and don't really care about score, you could always turn on all of the beneficial skulls. Also, I forget what buildings you have access to in that level (I'd assume all of them), so I'd recommend not using tanks at all. Tanks are garbage against hunters a AND banshees. Hornets would work wonders against hunters since they can't target air units at all, and wolverines would help against banshees once the hunters are cleared out. Just don't worry about upgrading them fully. Alternatively, marines and flamethrowers could do ok against banshees and hunters respectively.

Old   
synthysteel Offline

03-28-2009 , 11:48 PM

Well you don't get air units in that level and tanks are pretty neccesary for killing infantry and have enough beef to take the banshees' constant attacks. I tested my idea about putting tanks in posotions 4 and 5 before taking number 3 in order to destroy the halls and factories that would be under construction. It worked on an easier difficulty when I was trying to finish the game coop with a friend so I'll do that on heroic as soon as possible.

Old   
Shoe Offline
Bowl Reaper

Send a message via Skype™ to Shoe
03-30-2009 , 08:55 AM

lrn to gauss hog + scorpian w/ spartan

3 scorpians, each with a spartan in it, and then all guass.

try it

Old   
The n00banator Offline

Send a message via AIM to The n00banator
04-13-2009 , 01:11 AM

I start putting on all the good skulls that would be of any use for this level and have forge scout out for supplies. As he does that, make a reactor, then all but one space for supply pads, and the last space is a field armory or vehicle depot. Upgrade supply pads, field armory/vehicle depot (then get vehicle depot if you haven't yet). I max out on tanks and put 3 or 4 of them were ennimies will constantly attack or spawn halls/factories. Get the rhinos into place then MAC away.
I guess you can make other units, but at least put them were the rhinos need to be into place before you buy a rhino.

Old   
synthysteel Offline

04-13-2009 , 07:00 AM

Ok, thanks for the tips on that level guys. I've known pretty clearly that I should put scorpions at P 1, 4 and 5 right away to stop them from making a strong defense. The real problem now are the hunters that keep coming in. I'll try fully upgrading things before calling in rhinos. Maybe that will put a little stress down on the constant attacks.