Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Non-Halo Discussion Forum Technical Support
Technical Support All threads related to console/computer issues, movie making hardware/software, etc. can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
HaLo2FrEeEk Offline

Send a message via MSN to HaLo2FrEeEk
Perspective correction - 02-08-2011 , 06:10 AM

I'm working on a project where I need to correct the perspective of an aerial image that wasn't taken looking straight down. I know the exact angle at which the camera was looking (85.5 down), is there a way to figure out exactly how much I should correct the image by so that it appears as though it was taken looking straight down? I'm usng Photoshop's Edit -> Transform -> Perspectve tool. Ultimately I want to stitch the images together and I know it won't work right if I don't have the right perspective. It doesn't have to be absolutely perfect, but the 4.5 between where I'm at and straight down is too much to get a good stitch.

Old   
ferrari Offline
DELETE COOKIES?!

Send a message via AIM to ferrari
02-08-2011 , 01:37 PM

The first step would be to find the axis along which the 4.5 is offset, then I don't know what to do next. Just do schlapskie until you can align multiple images together properly, and by that I mean set the opacy of one image to like 60% and try to line it up with another image.

Good luck with that, but I only know how to modify graphics as far as rotation matricies.

Old   
HaLo2FrEeEk Offline

Send a message via MSN to HaLo2FrEeEk
02-08-2011 , 08:49 PM

Well if it helps, it's rotated 85.5 degrees down, another 4.5 degrees and it would point straight down. Unfortunately ir's in Halo so I can't look straight down.