Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Enanito Offline

Send a message via AIM to EnanitoSend a message via MSN to EnanitoSend a message via Yahoo to Enanito
01-05-2007 , 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by {HJ}Jordan
when I put on my map pack, will the 1.1 update be added onto xbox with the maps?
If you set the language to something other than English, and then change the language back once the update is installed, you will have the new maps and can still be without the update.

And please, use the Q&A for your questions. You can submit questions here for others to use as a resource, but ask your questions in that topic. That way, people can make smug comments about how Enanito needs to update this sticky every once in a while with a question. (<3 scurty) Thanks. :)

Old   
{HJ}Jordan Offline

01-06-2007 , 02:28 AM

do I change the language back on the map pack or on my Halo 2?

Old   
Enanito Offline

Send a message via AIM to EnanitoSend a message via MSN to EnanitoSend a message via Yahoo to Enanito
01-06-2007 , 02:30 AM

I do not believe you can change the settings from Halo 2. So from your map pack, I believe. Just keep in mind that I haven't tried this at all, and am using information from other members of the site.

Old   
Grande Carne Offline

Send a message via AIM to Grande CarneSend a message via MSN to Grande CarneSend a message via Skype™ to Grande Carne
01-06-2007 , 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by {HJ}Jordan
do I change the language back on the map pack or on my Halo 2?
Assuming you're on an original Xbox (I'm not really sure how to on 360s, though it should be easy) you can change the settings through the Xbox Dashboard.

Old   
{HJ}Jordan Offline

01-10-2007 , 06:04 AM

Can you please tell me how to do that duplicate banshee glitch on great journey (I plan to beat 400)
it would be much apreciated

Old   
princeofthesword Offline
Renaissance Man

01-10-2007 , 08:51 AM

This thread is now being closed so that no one confuses it with the QandA sticky. You should come here first since this database is practically perfect in regard to anticipating your questions.

If it doesn't serve, then hit the QandA sticky. Use your resources wisely, I'm assuming you can read and the staff will be a bit "severe" seeming in regard to topics posted that ignored stickies that were painstakingly made by many owners for your tricking benefit. :)

Farewell
0={====>

Old   
Enanito Offline

02-27-2007 , 06:05 PM

**Updated**

Also, please give respect to the large phrase in the first post. We don't want to close it again, do we? ;)

Old   
echeesekid Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to echeesekidSend a message via AIM to echeesekidSend a message via Yahoo to echeesekid
04-11-2007 , 09:21 PM

I beleive this should be in the cairo section of this thread

Q: I heard there is a warthog on cairo station, where is it and how can I get it?
A: Sadly the warthog is inside of a solid wall and cannot be obtained or even seen without mods. You can see the location here.
http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13746

maybe not... ;)

Last edited by echeesekid; 04-11-2007 at 09:34 PM. .

Old   
Enanito Offline

04-11-2007 , 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echeesekid
I beleive this should be in the cairo section of this thread

Q: I heard there is a warthog on cairo station, where is it and how can I get it?
A: Sadly the warthog is inside of a solid wall and cannot be obtained or even seen without mods. You can see the location here.
http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13746

maybe not... ;)
That's a great question, although it doesn't seem to appear frequently. Even then, it doesn't hurt to have it in there in case someone decides to browse the sticky and become curious about it. I'll throw it in there, thanks a lot. :)

Old   
echeesekid Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to echeesekidSend a message via AIM to echeesekidSend a message via Yahoo to echeesekid
04-11-2007 , 10:23 PM

now that I think about it its probably best to add somewhere that there are Action Replay saves of the warthog on cairo as well as videos of it, not to be confused with the real hog.

Old   
crosseyes Offline

Send a message via MSN to crosseyes
04-12-2007 , 09:47 PM

It says that you can't carry the outskirts SG over to metro because of loadzone errors? Sorry, but that's incorrect, and would be very misleading to the poor soul who launches up there from the tunnel and grabs it.

The SG does not carry over because it's not coded to. The game has special coding for weapon carry-overs only on certain levels. On the outskirts/metro coding, each weapon is coded individually for the battle rifle. The SG never got this coding, and therefore absolutely, by no means, can be carried over into metro.

Old   
Enanito Offline

04-12-2007 , 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosseyes
It says that you can't carry the outskirts SG over to metro because of loadzone errors? Sorry, but that's incorrect, and would be very misleading to the poor soul who launches up there from the tunnel and grabs it.

The SG does not carry over because it's not coded to. The game has special coding for weapon carry-overs only on certain levels. On the outskirts/metro coding, each weapon is coded individually for the battle rifle. The SG never got this coding, and therefore absolutely, by no means, can be carried over into metro.
Where were you when HIH was wasting their time trying to figure out a way to carry it over? Heh, from what was concluded through non-modding means, we figured it was because the loading zones were activated out of order (meaning, the scarab was activated before the player entered the tunnel).

Ultimately, either explanation tells the player that the gun cannot be carried over. The only misleading was because modding and sniffing through files wasn't a resource. I'll make sure to correct the error.

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-13-2007 , 02:19 AM

Quote:

Is there coding for the PR?

Old   
Jeebus Offline

04-13-2007 , 04:09 AM

that is unfortunate

Old   
crosseyes Offline

Send a message via MSN to crosseyes
04-14-2007 , 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy
Is there coding for the PR?
Yeh. If you need further proof of this, get a battle rifle and a different weapon. Activate the scarab outside of it's loadzone, but don't get the gun. Now, finish the level.

Sorry if you experience a different result, I haven't tested this.

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-14-2007 , 03:18 AM

Quote:
Yeh. If you need further proof of this, get a battle rifle and a different weapon. Activate the scarab outside of it's loadzone, but don't get the gun. Now, finish the level.

Sorry if you experience a different result, I haven't tested this.
Darn, I'll try and get a Plasma Rifle across. Fooling with the game is half the fun.

Old   
Jeebus Offline

04-14-2007 , 03:52 AM

ok that is bad if you changed the PR to scarab guns would it make any difference

Old   
Tuo Offline

09-14-2008 , 10:07 PM

Okay, screw me for making a post in a year-old thread, but it'd be nice if we could remake this guide but with the Mythica videos replaced with Youtube/any other video site.

It's so sad us newbies can't review tricking history because over three quarters of Halo 2 tricking is on Mythica. :O