Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Related Categories Halo Trick Jumping Forum
Halo Trick Jumping Forum All Halo trick jumping discussion goes here. Clans, videos, competitions, superbouncing, this is the place.
Notices

Old   
OwnedTom Offline
SOOPER LEET DRIVER

Send a message via MSN to OwnedTomSend a message via Skype™ to OwnedTom
03-06-2011 , 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshington View Post
*facepalm*

jumping is dead nuff sed
No.

Hell even I still jump

Old   
jaggedShrapnel Offline
the j is uncapitalized

Send a message via AIM to jaggedShrapnelSend a message via MSN to jaggedShrapnel
03-06-2011 , 09:59 PM

It's not even an argument. People still jump, make videos, find new ideas, and expand upon techniques. Plus, Reach has been out for a while and we're starting to go through the learning stage again and come up with new things. Statistically, jumping is on the verge of another rebirth. You don't have to believe me, but I've gotten pretty good at understanding how this community works. Jumping has "died" several times during the span of Halo 2 and 3 being out, and regardless of how inactive the forum has been at times (there were times where 5 posts were made in a week), myself and my tightly knit group of jumper pals have always managed to find our fair share of good content. It's completely up to each individual jumper whether or not jumping is actually dead. If you've given up the idea of finding and landing jumps because you're too busy or you've just moved on, it's dead to you.

Some will take the stance that it's dead, and that's fine, go ahead. But please realize that it's a waste of your own time to try and convince people who think otherwise that you're right. The fact that there are people willing to provide evidence to go against that statement should be reason enough to just drop the subject.

Old   
Joshington Offline

Send a message via AIM to Joshington
03-06-2011 , 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggedShrapnel View Post
It's not even an argument. People still jump, make videos, find new ideas, and expand upon techniques. Plus, Reach has been out for a while and we're starting to go through the learning stage again and come up with new things. Statistically, jumping is on the verge of another rebirth. You don't have to believe me, but I've gotten pretty good at understanding how this community works. Jumping has "died" several times during the span of Halo 2 and 3 being out, and regardless of how inactive the forum has been at times (there were times where 5 posts were made in a week), myself and my tightly knit group of jumper pals have always managed to find our fair share of good content. It's completely up to each individual jumper whether or not jumping is actually dead. If you've given up the idea of finding and landing jumps because you're too busy or you've just moved on, it's dead to you.

Some will take the stance that it's dead, and that's fine, go ahead. But please realize that it's a waste of your own time to try and convince people who think otherwise that you're right. The fact that there are people willing to provide evidence to go against that statement should be reason enough to just drop the subject.
So your saying come back in a year or 2 when stuff gets interesting again...

Old   
jaggedShrapnel Offline
the j is uncapitalized

Send a message via AIM to jaggedShrapnelSend a message via MSN to jaggedShrapnel
03-06-2011 , 10:33 PM

Quote:
So your saying come back in a year or 2 when stuff gets interesting again...
Sure. Or better yet, be a part of the driving force that helps things become interesting again. I don't care what you do as long as you're not potentially driving people away with the "jumping is dead" bull.

Old   
Joshington Offline

03-06-2011 , 11:09 PM

Quote:
Sure. Or better yet, be a part of the driving force that helps things become interesting again. I don't care what you do as long as you're not potentially driving people away with the "jumping is dead" bull.
im not driving anyone away or trying to convince anyone, i contribute in my own way...

but i dont think i feel like helping out the current community cause it sucks and without PA id probably give up all together...

Old   
jaggedShrapnel Offline
the j is uncapitalized

03-07-2011 , 01:04 AM

Quote:
im not driving anyone away or trying to convince anyone, i contribute in my own way...
I don't intend to be rude, but I know of a handful of people that have directly attributed their decreased or ceased posting to you. I understand that you contribute and have helped a great deal of others contribute in the past, but you have to realize that when your attitude towards the community is
Quote:
but i dont think i feel like helping out the current community cause it sucks and without PA id probably give up all together...
you have absolutely no room to say that jumping is dead.

Old   
Joshington Offline

03-07-2011 , 02:06 AM

Quote:
I don't intend to be rude, but I know of a handful of people that have directly attributed their decreased or ceased posting to you. I understand that you contribute and have helped a great deal of others contribute in the past, but you have to realize that when your attitude towards the community is you have absolutely no room to say that jumping is dead.
if they deceased posting because of me then i wouldnt get along with them so im obviously going to be happy about it...

and i may be brutally honest but i dont start fights unless i actually believe in my point i dont do it for fun...

and atm im the only trickjumping channel consistently posting videos, so i know how the state of jumping is better than most.

and with these new monitors deleting and editing every second post and locking threads for no reason,some of the more recent deletions are petty personal reasons and its hard to do say this without calling anyone out but obviously their inexperience and bias is killing the activity of the forum...

Old   
IILilNinjiII Offline

03-07-2011 , 08:23 AM

Josh your final post is so flawed, do you think you deserve more rights because your the triumphant PA leader? Honestly I've seen them delete the right post at the right time because you may not notice that they're trying to stop flaming at the core of it happening. Don't get me wrong, I notice they delete a small amount of posts that should not be but of course they most likely have a good reason to. I don't see why your being pessimistic about jumping, if it was dead then you would have no one to talk to on HIH, their would be no videos whatsoever, and plus people still jump in halo 2, 3, and reach.

I honestly do not understand your logic.

Old   
Joshington Offline

03-07-2011 , 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IILilNinjiII View Post
Josh your final post is so flawed, do you think you deserve more rights because your the triumphant PA leader? Honestly I've seen them delete the right post at the right time because you may not notice that they're trying to stop flaming at the core of it happening. Don't get me wrong, I notice they delete a small amount of posts that should not be but of course they most likely have a good reason to. I don't see why your being pessimistic about jumping, if it was dead then you would have no one to talk to on HIH, their would be no videos whatsoever, and plus people still jump in halo 2, 3, and reach.

I honestly do not understand your logic.

If my logics off then yours is way off, i never mentioned PA once in that particular argument, i never asked for more rights and i wasnt specifically talking about my own posts because if they were only deleting mine for no reason at least the forum would still be functioning. And if you delete enough posts your bound to get it right at least once...
And ninji your hardly one to talk with your one video a year.

Old   
iJumpify Offline

03-07-2011 , 04:15 PM

Quote:
If my logics off then yours is way off, i never mentioned PA once in that particular argument, i never asked for more rights and i wasnt specifically talking about my own posts because if they were only deleting mine for no reason at least the forum would still be functioning. And if you delete enough posts your bound to get it right at least once...
I don't post here anymore, but I read it once a week or so...
It's not you starting arguments or even trolling.
It's your attitude dude. I don't judge people until I know them usually, but I can tell just by reading your posts that you're a complete retard.
Jumping isn't dead, it's far from it.
I agree with Jagged, it's dead to YOU. It's just about dead to me (I'm working on one last little video) But it's certainly not dead. Just because people don't make videos 24/7 doesn't mean it's dead, if anything, I'd say people not making videos is good. It gives them a chance to take a look at why we jump. (Pun un-inteded)

Old   
IILilNinjiII Offline

03-07-2011 , 06:30 PM

Quote:
1. The PA thing was implied because of the way you worded your post.
2. Why would other peoples post or yours matter about my point saying, "The monitors most likely have a good reasoning for deleting post." or even, "I see them delete the right post at the right time.
3. Jumping is not dead.
4. Im sorry I don't have full access to a computer, a capture card, or even time due to school.
5. I'm not trying to argue so please don't take this as a troll, besides I feel this is a pretty nice discussion.

Old   
oGround Offline

03-07-2011 , 07:00 PM

Why the hell does everyone have to fight about stupid, immature, and childish things? People expect something to happen every thirty froodlenutzkieing seconds in the jumping forum and thats not how things work. People land jumps, forge maps, and release vids, and release maps here in the jumping forum. This is not a chat room where there always has to be something happening. It is a forum based website where in this particular forum people post trick jumping maps and videos. If you want to talk to someone or find out what videos are coming out, ask around on XBL, PM's, and/or email. Please don't argue like immature children in the jumping social. Resix and ASP you can delete this post if you want for I'm sure it will just cause more fighting but I'm tired of the community fighting rather than us just BEING a community.

Old   
Joshington Offline

03-07-2011 , 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IILilNinjiII View Post
1. The PA thing was implied because of the way you worded your post.
2. Why would other peoples post or yours matter about my point saying, "The monitors most likely have a good reasoning for deleting post." or even, "I see them delete the right post at the right time.
3. Jumping is not dead.
4. Im sorry I don't have full access to a computer, a capture card, or even time due to school.
5. I'm not trying to argue so please don't take this as a troll, besides I feel this is a pretty nice discussion.
people really need to drop the constant references to pa...

lol the last post edited was by resix on xwo saying btb kids and clearlyme are the only people to fake videos so far, both are just facts, like stuff everyone knows but resix edits it because he is one of those kids who made a fake video, thats bias and poor monitoring if ever i saw it...

this discussion is the most active jf has been in like a month which is sad...
lack of new jumpers, lack of jump videos and jumpers quitting and various other things means that unless someone thinks of some way to get people interested again it has a good chance of dieing out over reach.

i tried a few times to get ppl interested again i constantly encourage new people to start and i constantly checking what potential other jumpers may have in the future but from what ive been observing its looking extremely bad.

and coys thread should not have been locked it could have proved useful, but thats new monitors listening to anyone calling for a thread to be locked.

Old   
OwnedTom Offline
SOOPER LEET DRIVER

03-07-2011 , 07:08 PM

Quote:

lol the last post edited was by resix on xwo saying btb kids and clearlyme are the only people to fake videos so far, both are just facts, like stuff everyone knows but resix edits it because he is one of those kids who made a fake video, thats bias and poor monitoring if ever i saw it...

this discussion is the most active jf has been in like a month which is sad...
lack of new jumpers, lack of jump videos and jumpers quitting and various other things means that unless someone thinks of some way to get people interested again it has a good chance of dieing out over reach.

i tried a few times to get ppl interested again i constantly encourage new people to start and i constantly checking what potential other jumpers may have in the future but from what ive been observing its looking extremely bad.

and coys thread should not have been locked it could have proved useful, but thats new monitors listening to anyone calling for a thread to be locked.
When did BtB fake a video?

Old   
Joshington Offline

03-07-2011 , 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedTom View Post
When did BtB fake a video?
resix has one

and chaotik has one ( that ive noticed havent bothered to check others)

Old   
OwnedTom Offline
SOOPER LEET DRIVER

03-07-2011 , 07:17 PM

Resix's one at least was before BtB even existed can't say for Chaotik. So it's not 'BtB' who faked the video. It's Resix. And he can hardly be held accountable for it now.

Old   
Joshington Offline

03-07-2011 , 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedTom View Post
Resix's one at least was before BtB even existed can't say for Chaotik. So it's not 'BtB' who faked the video. It's Resix. And he can hardly be held accountable for it now.
well to anyone outside of btb your all btb kids before and after it existed...

well at least for alot of people

Old   
OwnedTom Offline
SOOPER LEET DRIVER

03-07-2011 , 07:28 PM

Wow...

Old   
Skulk Offline

03-07-2011 , 07:58 PM

Quote:

I don't care if he was calling them out truthfully, he was still being rude about it and there was definetly going to be massive flaming possible. It deserved to be deleted no matter who he was talking about. Just because something is a fact doesn't mean it is a good thing to say. Just learn to accept that they have authority now even if they (especially Resix) are inexperienced, which they are. It will get better. Bias is always there, learn to deal.

That thread deserved to be deleted. It was the most off-topic thread ever with a stupid argument. And I know you are talking about me asking for the thread to be locked, which is fine but it needed to be locked anyway. Don't be so assumptuous, they may not have even read my post.
Pretty much everyone who has argued with Josh sounded stupid except jagged. Stop making yourselves look dumb guys its embarassing. Josh, your argument about how jumping is dead is just ignorant. You know jumping isn't dead it has just slowed down tremendously.

Quote:
well to anyone outside of btb your all btb kids before and after it existed...

well at least for alot of people
I'm perfectly fine with that. I will be forever known as one of the guys that made quite a few decent videos and really loved making them despite what others though about the clan. Sure, we overpowered the schlapskie out of some jumps but we sucked back then. What did you expect? Most of us grew out of it. the only reason I can figure out why we got singled out is because we were so active in the community.

Old   
nate pahlow Offline

Location: If you wont die for me, you will die because of me.
Send a message via AIM to nate pahlow
03-07-2011 , 08:05 PM

I think we need to all take a deep breath, everyone has different opinions.

This argument is going no where.

Last edited by AllShallPerish; 03-08-2011 at 05:08 AM. . Reason: Unneeded picture