Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Related Categories Halo Trick Jumping Forum
Halo Trick Jumping Forum All Halo trick jumping discussion goes here. Clans, videos, competitions, superbouncing, this is the place.
Notices
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2261  
Old   
Resix's Avatar
Resix Offline
 
Posts: 546
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jumping off of some monitors.
Send a message via AIM to Resix
03-07-2011 , 08:08 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshington View Post
well to anyone outside of btb your all btb kids before and after it existed...

well at least for alot of people
Josh, I have learned from my mistakes in the past. So what if I faked 2 videos before I started jumping? Me doing that had no effect on you whatsoever. Also, I have made mistakes with being a monitor, but those mistakes aren't as bad as you're making them out to be. The biggest mistake I made was accidently deleting one of Mexicos posts amongst a lit of other spam posts. And for me editing Xwos post, it wasn't because I was biased. My judgement told me it would lead to flaming and arguing. You replying to it saying "I love you" was not helping at all with preventing flaming. If you or anyone else have a problem with a post being deleted or edited then, message me or ASP.

Finally, jumping is far from dead. I can tell you this from personal experience from what I have seen people land and the videos that are coming out. I have a campaign video coming out and I know Westpoint has 2 or 3 videos in the works as well as exposure has one in the making.

  #2262  
Old   
Xwo's Avatar
Xwo Offline
It's all about having fun
 
Posts: 1,149
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The J, T, and X, are all capitalized.
Send a message via AIM to XwoSend a message via Skype™ to Xwo
03-08-2011 , 12:37 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Resix View Post
Josh, I have learned from my mistakes in the past. So what if I faked 2 videos before I started jumping? Me doing that had no effect on you whatsoever. Also, I have made mistakes with being a monitor, but those mistakes aren't as bad as you're making them out to be. The biggest mistake I made was accidently deleting one of Mexicos posts amongst a lit of other spam posts. And for me editing Xwos post, it wasn't because I was biased. My judgement told me it would lead to flaming and arguing. You replying to it saying "I love you" was not helping at all with preventing flaming. If you or anyone else have a problem with a post being deleted or edited then, message me or ASP.

Finally, jumping is far from dead. I can tell you this from personal experience from what I have seen people land and the videos that are coming out. I have a campaign video coming out and I know Westpoint has 2 or 3 videos in the works as well as exposure has one in the making.
Maybe you should try your judgement out on the last few posts in this thread.


I'll miss this website more than words can describe. I'm so incredibly sad to see it go. I want to say thanks to all the staff that have kept this place up and running for all this time. I'm proud to have been a part of such an amazing website and such a great community. Thanks for all the wonderful memories.

Farewell, HIH.

Xwo

  #2263  
Old   
Joshington's Avatar
Joshington Offline
 
Posts: 1,720
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Jumping is Dead
Send a message via AIM to Joshington
03-08-2011 , 12:45 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Resix View Post
Josh, I have learned from my mistakes in the past. So what if I faked 2 videos before I started jumping? Me doing that had no effect on you whatsoever. Also, I have made mistakes with being a monitor, but those mistakes aren't as bad as you're making them out to be. The biggest mistake I made was accidently deleting one of Mexicos posts amongst a lit of other spam posts. And for me editing Xwos post, it wasn't because I was biased. My judgement told me it would lead to flaming and arguing. You replying to it saying "I love you" was not helping at all with preventing flaming. If you or anyone else have a problem with a post being deleted or edited then, message me or ASP.

Finally, jumping is far from dead. I can tell you this from personal experience from what I have seen people land and the videos that are coming out. I have a campaign video coming out and I know Westpoint has 2 or 3 videos in the works as well as exposure has one in the making.
Well when you stop deleting references to fake videos we will see if you have learnt anything...

Mentioning fake videos has never resulted in deleted posts till you became montior, so excuse me if it seems ridiculously coincidental that all the posts regarding fake videos are deleted solely by you.

And yes i talked to ASP and he confirmed you were the one deleting those particular posts...

  #2264  
Old   
IILilNinjiII's Avatar
IILilNinjiII Offline
 
Posts: 573
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Story of my life :)...
03-08-2011 , 01:08 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshington View Post
Well when you stop deleting references to fake videos we will see if you have learnt anything...

Mentioning fake videos has never resulted in deleted posts till you became montior, so excuse me if it seems ridiculously coincidental that all the posts regarding fake videos are deleted solely by you.

And yes i talked to ASP and he confirmed you were the one deleting those particular posts...
Bro, why are you being a complete douche? It honestly isn't funny. All you've been doing is insulting people because they don't want jumping to die. You said it yourself, you were trying to "save" jumping, and now look at you. I don't pull out your old videos that weren't up to par of what you do now and tell everyone to laugh at them. Your just holding random grudges against people who aren't in your mingling circle. Who gives a schlapskie if a moderator deletes a post that is in your opinion worthy, they obviously have a reason to and besides, resix did apologize when he accidentally deletes mexico's post.

The reason coy's thread was deleted was because of it's purpose which was to make a "final" community video and people will then leave their mark. This thread was fool of biased and the majority saw it as a useless thread, therefore the monitors did their job.

Resix's video thread was closed down because honestly, it's obvious that would lead to stupid conflicts amongst our members and the so-called "BtB Kids" that you keep talking about. Ntm, that video was 3 yrs. old. Plus your intention of the thread was already at the eruption at conflict the second you tapped "create thread."

If you want me to go on please tell me, I could do this forever.

  #2265  
Old   
Xwo's Avatar
Xwo Offline
It's all about having fun
 
Posts: 1,149
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The J, T, and X, are all capitalized.
Send a message via AIM to XwoSend a message via Skype™ to Xwo
03-08-2011 , 01:52 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshington View Post

And yes i talked to ASP and he confirmed you were the one deleting those particular posts...
You shouldn't have said that. JFAS isn't supposed to be releasing that sort of information.


I'll miss this website more than words can describe. I'm so incredibly sad to see it go. I want to say thanks to all the staff that have kept this place up and running for all this time. I'm proud to have been a part of such an amazing website and such a great community. Thanks for all the wonderful memories.

Farewell, HIH.

Xwo

  #2266  
Old   
Joshington's Avatar
Joshington Offline
 
Posts: 1,720
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Jumping is Dead
Send a message via AIM to Joshington
03-08-2011 , 02:18 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by IILilNinjiII View Post
Bro, why are you being a complete douche? It honestly isn't funny. All you've been doing is insulting people because they don't want jumping to die. You said it yourself, you were trying to "save" jumping, and now look at you. I don't pull out your old videos that weren't up to par of what you do now and tell everyone to laugh at them. Your just holding random grudges against people who aren't in your mingling circle. Who gives a schlapskie if a moderator deletes a post that is in your opinion worthy, they obviously have a reason to and besides, resix did apologize when he accidentally deletes mexico's post.

The reason coy's thread was deleted was because of it's purpose which was to make a "final" community video and people will then leave their mark. This thread was fool of biased and the majority saw it as a useless thread, therefore the monitors did their job.

Resix's video thread was closed down because honestly, it's obvious that would lead to stupid conflicts amongst our members and the so-called "BtB Kids" that you keep talking about. Ntm, that video was 3 yrs. old. Plus your intention of the thread was already at the eruption at conflict the second you tapped "create thread."

If you want me to go on please tell me, I could do this forever.

Okay I have not technically insulted anyone yet but if it makes you feel better you are an idiot.

How are fake jump videos related to old jump videos, so lowering the gravity and jumping off invisible monitors is your version of not being up to par lol im glad you only make one video a year with those standards...

Im fairly sure its not random when i am clearly specifying who i am talking about. And the 'who gives a schlapskie' well seeing as it was becoming a trend with little resix i thought id highlight it so the jf doesnt become somewhere where every post goes through some ridiculously unreasonable filtering system, and then when he starts deleting your posts for swearing... lol

Coys thread didnt need to be shutdown, the people calling for it were just the ones complaining that jumping wasnt dead, which was only a small reason behind the actual point of the thread which was to create another community video.The immaturity was from the people having a cry because someone implied jumping was dieing and they couldnt just ignore it...

I honestly couldnt care less about resix deleting that thread i dont even remember creating it, i think this was like what a month or 2 ago?
As for whatever intentions i had for it you are quite the assumption junkie young ninji..

  #2267  
Old   
AllShallPerish's Avatar
AllShallPerish Offline
 
Posts: 1,644
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I've walked down the road just to find that I'm alone.
Send a message via ICQ to AllShallPerishSend a message via AIM to AllShallPerish
03-08-2011 , 02:22 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshington View Post
And yes i talked to ASP and he confirmed you were the one deleting those particular posts...
That's not true. I just confirmed that I wasn't the one who deleted your post. There are still 11(!) other people assigned to moderate the jumping forum (not counting the admins).

ASP

  #2268  
Old   
IILilNinjiII's Avatar
IILilNinjiII Offline
 
Posts: 573
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Story of my life :)...
03-08-2011 , 08:18 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshington View Post
Okay I have not technically insulted anyone yet but if it makes you feel better you are an idiot.

How are fake jump videos related to old jump videos, so lowering the gravity and jumping off invisible monitors is your version of not being up to par lol im glad you only make one video a year with those standards...

Im fairly sure its not random when i am clearly specifying who i am talking about. And the 'who gives a schlapskie' well seeing as it was becoming a trend with little resix i thought id highlight it so the jf doesnt become somewhere where every post goes through some ridiculously unreasonable filtering system, and then when he starts deleting your posts for swearing... lol

Coys thread didnt need to be shutdown, the people calling for it were just the ones complaining that jumping wasnt dead, which was only a small reason behind the actual point of the thread which was to create another community video.The immaturity was from the people having a cry because someone implied jumping was dieing and they couldnt just ignore it...

I honestly couldnt care less about resix deleting that thread i dont even remember creating it, i think this was like what a month or 2 ago?
As for whatever intentions i had for it you are quite the assumption junkie young ninji..
Once again, that first post was a terrible contradiction, you have insulted people for the couple of laughs and then you call me and idiot for telling you jumping isn't dead and that your being foolish, wow bro your so polite.

Once again, I'm sorry I'm not exposed to everything from a HD PvR, a comp., and as always jumps (because I'll admit I'm not as good as you are now).

Resix's solo is old nevertheless, you act like it's super scandalous when someone fakes jumps. Still my point is your intention of posting that video was to get resix trolled just because either:
A. Your jealous he became monitor
B. You don't want him as monitor even though he's monitored sites before.

Your logic on coy's thread makes no sense to me and im sure a few others (excluding coy obviously). Plus I'm sure if I made that exact same thread then you would have flamed the schlapskie out of me.

Lol assumption junkie xD

  #2269  
Old   
Angels Of Chaos's Avatar
Angels Of Chaos Offline
 
Posts: 484
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: (01)2802640
03-08-2011 , 08:51 AM


Please stop.

  #2270  
Old   
AllShallPerish's Avatar
AllShallPerish Offline
 
Posts: 1,644
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I've walked down the road just to find that I'm alone.
Send a message via ICQ to AllShallPerishSend a message via AIM to AllShallPerish
03-08-2011 , 09:06 AM


Josh, Ninjii, I'm totally fine with you guys discussing as long as it remains polite discussing and doesn't turn into fighting. But it did turn into fighting and insulting, so stop it!

ASP


EDIT by Noff: There are a very limited number of people who have been assigned and trusted with the responsibility to be a steward of this forum. There could be a number of reasons why all those who weren't selected... well, weren't selected. Among them would most certainly be the type of behavior currently being displayed by a few of you. There are much better means to "get your way" than acting out on the forum, chief among them is PMing The Ogre.

If you choose to do so, and I hope you do instead of continuing to post about these sort of things in the forums, then leave a somewhat detailed account of what you believe happened. There doesn't need to be any name calling, just a description of the events/posts, and what you believe to be the (possibly) wrongful action taken.

I suppose if you believe something was wrongfully deleted you could PM one of the two newer monitors about it. But, instead of taking an accusatory tone, it would be preferable to politely ask for the reasoning behind the decision. These monitors are doing a good job, and the other staff members support their efforts. Jumping all over them doesn't reflect well on you, and could be grounds for your removal.

As a side note, there are a few of you who have done very well with reporting posts. Thank you.

Last edited by Nofirefrog; 03-08-2011 at 11:36 AM. .

  #2271  
Old   
IILilNinjiII's Avatar
IILilNinjiII Offline
 
Posts: 573
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Story of my life :)...
03-08-2011 , 05:12 PM


I would like to announce to everyone that as though it may seem, that me and Josh are arguing, we're not. We are having a very reasonable discussion that I feel brings versatile and legitimate viewpoints into the community. I dont see why people feel the need to find conversations like this wrong, I mean they're just people expressing their points through writing. I understand that it may seem that were pointing out flaws and trying to look better. My personal intentions are not to damage joshington's renown social standings or get people to think he's a terrible person. Im merely discussing a worthy thing that recently just swooped down onto our community. I do apologize If any of you guys took my post as a rude remarks or threats.

To josh: I'll respectfully apologize for the rude innuendoes I have said in my recent posts, and would also like to point out that I'm not holding any grudges against you or holding a remorse. I'm actually enjoying these conversations because it gives me something to do and I just find them fun to type (haha ;0). all the best to you, we can continue this convo or move on, it's up to you.

  #2272  
Old   
Skulk's Avatar
Skulk Offline
 
Posts: 974
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Clan: Exposure
03-08-2011 , 05:52 PM


@Josh- You keep mentioning people "crying" about Coys thread. You can call it that if you wish, but all I did (I know you are referring to me asking the thread to be locked) was point out that the thread was waaaay off-topic and deserved to be ended. The point of that thread was to suggest a community video and possibly discuss who would take part in it, not to go off on some random tangent on the purpose of the video. I could see how you may think the arguing was relevant to the topic though, I just disagree with it and to debate it now is useless seeing as how neither of us have any sort of authority in the matter. I just want to make it clear that I didn't ask for the lock because I disagreed with the argument at hand, I just wanted to talk about the community video and all that was happening was people flaming each other. I welcome a civil debate any day, just not on a thread that is relevant to my interests. Thats just annoying.

@The "Why Xwo's post was edited" argument- Yes, it was true. The only people that I can think of that have faked serious videos are ClearlyMe, Resix and MAYBE ChaotiK, but to bring it up in such a manner is just condescending and rude. The fact that Resix was the one being referred to is completely irrelevant to why it was edited, especially if he wasn't the one to do it (even though he probably was). So what if he was pissed that he got called out? You could sompletely take out the part about BtB kids and the post still needed to be removed. I wish I could remember exactly the context in which he said that though,

@Jumping being dead- Stupid argument. It isn't dead and that can't be argued. Since there are people here to even discuss it is proof of that. Whether or not it is dieing now or will die soon can only be shown by waiting to see. Arguing about opinions that can't be changed is just stupid. Its like a religious debate, no matter who ends up looking smarter after its over, everyone goes home with the same mindset as before.


May edit.

  #2273  
Old   
Joshington's Avatar
Joshington Offline
 
Posts: 1,720
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Jumping is Dead
Send a message via AIM to Joshington
03-09-2011 , 09:47 PM


i wish mythica randomly worked again....

  #2274  
Old   
oGround's Avatar
oGround Offline
 
Posts: 90
Join Date: Nov 2010
03-09-2011 , 10:15 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels Of Chaos View Post
Please stop.
This.

Why cant we go back to talking about something involved with jumping other than the fact of it being dead? Its much more civil.

  #2275  
Old   
IILilNinjiII's Avatar
IILilNinjiII Offline
 
Posts: 573
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Story of my life :)...
03-09-2011 , 11:57 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by oGround View Post
This.

Why cant we go back to talking about something involved with jumping other than the fact of it being dead? Its much more civil.
I honestly don't feel you read any of our posts. Were doing the purpose of a forum sit which is to have discussions and debates. Please stop acting like the authoritative force when you most likely have no idea what you're saying. (not an insult)

  #2276  
Old   
Joshington's Avatar
Joshington Offline
 
Posts: 1,720
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Jumping is Dead
Send a message via AIM to Joshington
03-10-2011 , 12:06 AM


okay heres the reasons you cant compare h2 to h3 transitions in jumping to h3 to hr
and why jumping will most likely become ridiculously unpopular and may result in its death or literally one video every 3 months with no standards...

jetpacks obviously less reason to even encourage new ppl to learn because there is no tactical value...

retarded physics another reason jumping is less important in halo reach even in strafing noone jumps anymore

and the biggest factor, reach isnt all that fun and most of the halo fanbase has moved unto other games like cod battlefield,crysis etc. ppl no longer just play halo all day and nothing else reach becomes boring after an hour and most people need to switch to other games just to not tempt themselves to return reach to the shop.

and from the growing trend among the mlg fanbase and the montage kids is that its boring to watch gameplays and montages

without commentary i dont think i could watch the mlg events in reach, and even watching tages because bungie relied so heavily on forgeworld instead of creating original maps every map is the same bland grey forged walls and the occasional green bit.

and in the 5 months or more if you count the beta theres been 5 or 6 videos half from outside of hih...

im not saying dont jump but its just not looking good


im open to suggestions on getting new ppl interested or to motivate the community in general

  #2277  
Old   
IILilNinjiII's Avatar
IILilNinjiII Offline
 
Posts: 573
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Story of my life :)...
03-10-2011 , 12:17 AM


I completely agree with you Josh.

To me reach is nothing comparable to halo 3. In halo 3 their is still more techniques being found. Probably more videos released in H3 then reach after reach's arrival. The physics suck, from everything to fall damage and slides. Ntm, no edge ghost which=lame. Im not willing to retrain myself to learn a new engine and it seems jumps are done on a smaller scale compared to halo 3. Going from double icicles to single grenade launcher rubbles. It seems evade is necessary for a majority of jumps to get any distance. Bungie made a fancy map named spire where the majority of the jumps will start from the top.

Reach to me is lame but meh. What can you expect?

  #2278  
Old   
Joshington's Avatar
Joshington Offline
 
Posts: 1,720
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Jumping is Dead
Send a message via AIM to Joshington
03-10-2011 , 12:24 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by IILilNinjiII View Post
I completely agree with you Josh.

To me reach is nothing comparable to halo 3. In halo 3 their is still more techniques being found. Probably more videos released in H3 then reach after reach's arrival. The physics suck, from everything to fall damage and slides. Ntm, no edge ghost which=lame. Im not willing to retrain myself to learn a new engine and it seems jumps are done on a smaller scale compared to halo 3. Going from double icicles to single grenade launcher rubbles. It seems evade is necessary for a majority of jumps to get any distance. Bungie made a fancy map named spire where the majority of the jumps will start from the top.

Reach to me is lame but meh. What can you expect?
the biggest point to take note of is the lack of new people jumping in these 5 months, theres noone to replace the people quitting and carry on trickjumping for us...

h3 had replacements for ppl like maluu,ollie,cozce etc. quitting but if people quit now theres no new talent so a communtiy video that actually involves not so much our hih community but for anyone could help but proper advertising would be necessary like look at legacy now thats a community video that had 100s apply to...

  #2279  
Old   
Xwo's Avatar
Xwo Offline
It's all about having fun
 
Posts: 1,149
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The J, T, and X, are all capitalized.
Send a message via AIM to XwoSend a message via Skype™ to Xwo
03-10-2011 , 12:54 AM


I'll say this.

There can be decent jumps landed in Reach...However, Reach just kind of sucks lol.

It took Reach's release for me to realize how much I actually loved Halo 3.


I'll miss this website more than words can describe. I'm so incredibly sad to see it go. I want to say thanks to all the staff that have kept this place up and running for all this time. I'm proud to have been a part of such an amazing website and such a great community. Thanks for all the wonderful memories.

Farewell, HIH.

Xwo

  #2280  
Old   
iJumpify's Avatar
iJumpify Offline
 
Posts: 365
Join Date: Aug 2009
03-10-2011 , 04:57 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshington View Post
okay heres the reasons you cant compare h2 to h3 transitions in jumping to h3 to hr
and why jumping will most likely become ridiculously unpopular and may result in its death or literally one video every 3 months with no standards...

jetpacks obviously less reason to even encourage new ppl to learn because there is no tactical value...

retarded physics another reason jumping is less important in halo reach even in strafing noone jumps anymore

and the biggest factor, reach isnt all that fun and most of the halo fanbase has moved unto other games like cod battlefield,crysis etc. ppl no longer just play halo all day and nothing else reach becomes boring after an hour and most people need to switch to other games just to not tempt themselves to return reach to the shop.

and from the growing trend among the mlg fanbase and the montage kids is that its boring to watch gameplays and montages

without commentary i dont think i could watch the mlg events in reach, and even watching tages because bungie relied so heavily on forgeworld instead of creating original maps every map is the same bland grey forged walls and the occasional green bit.

and in the 5 months or more if you count the beta theres been 5 or 6 videos half from outside of hih...

im not saying dont jump but its just not looking good


im open to suggestions on getting new ppl interested or to motivate the community in general
Do you know how many small teams there are that jump or are starting?
Jumping isn't dead, it's dead to you. Maybe because you've been doing it for like 10 billion years and only ever managed to make yourself an 'I'm a douche' reputation and 1 decent video?
It's probably dead to you because you grew up (well...), found better things to do or just realised you didn't enjoy it...
stop trying to force your opinions on us and shut up. We understand what you think, you've told us like a million times already.

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Skin modified for HIH by Ducain


HIH : Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3 forum, fansite, tricks, glitches, and videos - Privacy Statement - Top
no new posts