Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Reach Forum Halo: Reach Tricking Forum
Halo: Reach Tricking Forum Halo: Reach tricks, exploration, easter eggs
Notices

Old   
SamFukal Offline

10-12-2010 , 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS The Legend View Post
Well im really late at posting this but launching is still good. Wait a week or so for a certain video to come out... some people know what i'm talking about
Apparently, a lot of people know about some good launches and stuff. I know about plenty of good stuff too, but I am not sure what everyone else knows. This is confusing, but exciting! I hope no one does any of the stuff I have, but if so, then I congratulate them!

Old   
Dark Helmet Offline
JumpMaster

10-12-2010 , 10:31 PM

Yeah..I have been messing around with a few methods. I dont really plan on a vid or anything, but I did come close to getting a hog to the top of ONI base. If i had more time I would already have that done.

Old   
SamFukal Offline

10-12-2010 , 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
Yeah..I have been messing around with a few methods. I dont really plan on a vid or anything, but I did come close to getting a hog to the top of ONI base. If i had more time I would already have that done.
I have been trying the same, but to no luck. I am sure if I had a third person, or just got a good launch with my two controllers it would make it.

Old   
Atheist Offline

Send a message via AIM to Atheist
10-13-2010 , 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFukal View Post
I don't know about that man... 0_0 of course, those epic mountains and stuff like that are holograms, but there's a lot of solid stuff like the frigates for example, that are totally good for launching.
You can only launch onto a ship so many times before it just gets dull. We got pretty screwed in terms of outside the map content this go around.

Old   
Idomedurmom Offline

10-13-2010 , 06:23 PM

Well has anyone thought about taking a mongoose from Oni-Sword Base getting it out of the map at the sword base, and then launching to the top of the base?

I know that if you use the covie concussion rifle, stand on the seat of the goose and aim it about 2 inches away from the side of the goose you can get some epic height off of it. I have made it to the top of the mountains on The package, but all i could find were barriers. =/

Old   
marioman769 Offline

10-13-2010 , 06:33 PM

On Oni, i have been doing some launching. is there any good launches that will get you really high? like maybe as high as 5 oni buildings?

Old   
Idomedurmom Offline

10-14-2010 , 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioman769 View Post
On Oni, i have been doing some launching. is there any good launches that will get you really high? like maybe as high as 5 oni buildings?
Well Like I was saying if you can get that goose outta the map and pick up the concussion rifle, make a good nade pile I belive you can get some really good height off of it, or even take the hog with you. I have done some decent launches with the hog, but never have been good with it lol.

Old   
ReiKo Offline
Revival - TV

10-14-2010 , 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFukal View Post
Anakade has said everything I felt like I had to say myself, so thank you Anakade.

It looks like Anakade and his crew are at the same point I am, probably much further. I am pretty much just trying to find places to launch to and from outside of the maps.

I am not holding anything back at all though. I lost my AV jacks, or else I'd have a video or two out by now.
So, basically variable amounts of Concussion and/or grenades?

The only thing different about launching is that collision damaged has increased dramatically.

Old   
Idomedurmom Offline

10-14-2010 , 03:41 PM

Well Anakade and the other's here are alot better at this launching thing than I am.

Though I have had quite a bit of success doing it this way.

Old   
Sploit Offline

Send a message via AIM to SploitSend a message via MSN to SploitSend a message via Yahoo to Sploit
10-14-2010 , 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiKo View Post
The only thing different about launching is that collision damaged has increased dramatically.
Tried Tilt?

Old   
German Punk Offline

Send a message via AIM to German PunkSend a message via MSN to German PunkSend a message via Yahoo to German Punk
10-15-2010 , 01:46 AM

Well I'm back after 2 years. I've tried tons of launch techniques and all I get is the same thing, random barrier heights , inconsistent explosions, grenades not going off at the same time. Its kind of upsetting :(

Old   
ReiKo Offline
Revival - TV

10-15-2010 , 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sploit View Post
Tried Tilt?
Always use Tilt.

Doesn't make that much of a difference with collisions. It's more of a projectile based "immunity".

Old   
laser Offline

11-27-2010 , 05:04 AM

Reading this thread, there seems to an answer to every complaint, yet I see very few launching vids.

Launching is traditionally one of HIH's core activities. Anybody willing to make a Reach launching FAQ and FPing it? :/

Old   
Muzza Offline

11-27-2010 , 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
Reading this thread, there seems to an answer to every complaint, yet I see very few launching vids.

Launching is traditionally one of HIH's core activities. Anybody willing to make a Reach launching FAQ and FPing it? :/
I don't think we know enough about launching yet to be writing a FAQ's thread on the topic.

Old   
laser Offline

11-27-2010 , 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
I don't think we know enough about launching yet to be writing a FAQ's thread on the topic.
If this thread continues as it has been, someone will come and disprove you...

Old   
Anakade Offline
Farewell, HIH.

11-27-2010 , 02:35 PM

Quote:
You shouldn't speak for everyone.

Old   
Woogle Bear Offline

11-27-2010 , 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS The Legend View Post
Well im really late at posting this but launching is still good. Wait a week or so for a certain video to come out... some people know what i'm talking about
I'm pretty late to but, that video isn't coming out in a while. I landed about 4 launches, all of which are new techniques, most of them cover distance though.

Old   
Muzza Offline

11-27-2010 , 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakade View Post
You shouldn't speak for everyone.
How many techniques do you know that work the majority of the time and not just under specific circumstances?

I could be wrong with my assumption but I personally have not seen many solid launching techniques in Reach.

Old   
Anakade Offline
Farewell, HIH.

11-27-2010 , 07:34 PM

Quote:
How many techniques do you know that work the majority of the time and not just under specific circumstances?

I could be wrong with my assumption but I personally have not seen many solid launching techniques in Reach.
15, by my count (without trying to think of any I missed, and staying as non-circumstantial as possible)

I'm sure I've missed quite a few, as I'm not really trying to go through them all at the moment, and the count would get up there much higher if we were including map/other specifics.

Old   
marioman769 Offline

11-28-2010 , 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakade View Post
15, by my count (without trying to think of any I missed, and staying as non-circumstantial as possible)

I'm sure I've missed quite a few, as I'm not really trying to go through them all at the moment, and the count would get up there much higher if we were including map/other specifics.
Then instead of keeping it a secret, make a text tut. No reason to keep it to youself.