Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Reach Forum Halo: Reach Tricking Forum
Halo: Reach Tricking Forum Halo: Reach tricks, exploration, easter eggs
Notices

Old   
glitchfinder1 Offline

Send a message via AIM to glitchfinder1
10-31-2010 , 01:41 AM

updated the first post with the drivable pelican/phantom egg. Also I thought I fixed the formatting issue but I guess not . The editor has continued to perplex me, what looks fine there comes out bad here.

Old   
glitchfinder1 Offline

11-01-2010 , 02:54 AM

updated with physics remastered's out of exodus thread. Getting a sticky really would be appreciated, then I wouldn't have to double post so much.

Old   
Anakade Offline
Farewell, HIH.

11-01-2010 , 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchfinder1 View Post
updated with physics remastered's out of exodus thread. Getting a sticky really would be appreciated, then I wouldn't have to double post so much.
Personally, I would like to see this thread look presentable before I'd start worrying about it becoming a sticky.

Old   
glitchfinder1 Offline

11-01-2010 , 01:18 PM

Thankyou Anakade, always helpful

Any specific suggestions on making the thread presentation presentable or is being an arse it?

I've explained that the edit box messes with the formatting in strange ways and even when I think I've fixed it in the edit window it looks off when viewing the thread.

But if the formatting isn't the only problem you see than by all means I'm open to changing it. Like I explained in the first post, this thread is for everyone to quickly see all the progress the HIH community has made with tricking on Reach and so people won't post threads containing the same trick that was already done, thus preventing all the OBGJ posts. This concept doesn't work very well if this thread drops out of view does it. I'm not trying to sound conceded or anything, if someone thinks they could make this thread better than me than by all means, recompile all of those links, make a new thread and continue to update it like I am.

Edit: Sorry for the arse bit but I really did work hard on the thread and that kind of response doesn't help in any way.

Old   
glitchfinder1 Offline

11-06-2010 , 12:22 PM

updated the first post with physics remastered's cutscene room thread.

Old   
L337PWN4GE Offline

11-06-2010 , 05:44 PM

Quote:
Thankyou Anakade, always helpful

Any specific suggestions on making the thread presentation presentable or is being an arse it?

I've explained that the edit box messes with the formatting in strange ways and even when I think I've fixed it in the edit window it looks off when viewing the thread.

But if the formatting isn't the only problem you see than by all means I'm open to changing it. Like I explained in the first post, this thread is for everyone to quickly see all the progress the HIH community has made with tricking on Reach and so people won't post threads containing the same trick that was already done, thus preventing all the OBGJ posts. This concept doesn't work very well if this thread drops out of view does it. I'm not trying to sound conceded or anything, if someone thinks they could make this thread better than me than by all means, recompile all of those links, make a new thread and continue to update it like I am.

Edit: Sorry for the arse bit but I really did work hard on the thread and that kind of response doesn't help in any way.
You should make a big title, then below have sub sections for each map and an other category. These sections should include eggs and glitches on each map. Also make sure the font, size and capitalization for each "type of sentence" (such as Titles for subsections, links to threads, explanation text, etc) does not change throughout the thread. You have kept the formatting the same throughout most of the thread, but a couple things could be changed.

Thats just what I think you should do though.

Old   
glitchfinder1 Offline

11-06-2010 , 06:29 PM

I did like keeping eggs and out of maps separate because they are different enough to not be lumped together just if they appear on the same map. However I could use your idea and categorize them better by map.

Thankyou for your suggestions, I'll try to implement as much of that as I can soon.

Now see, that is what I'm talking about. 1337PWN4GE gives constructive criticism that is understandable, reasonable, and concise. He didn't just say, "This thread sux, your lame" or "Its good, but I don't like some of it". So again thank you for a real response.

Old   
glitchfinder1 Offline

11-15-2010 , 01:17 AM

updated the first post with samfukal's out of map threads, and I changed the formatting of the first page. Tell me what you guy's think of if. I'm strongly considering just making a webpage with all of this and linking the first page to an image of the webpage.

Old   
glitchfinder1 Offline

11-16-2010 , 09:32 PM

updated the first post with anakade's new video. Again if there are any feelings about the new first page format let me know, good or bad.

Old   
marioman769 Offline

11-16-2010 , 11:21 PM

I think you should instead of others, you should but launches and clipping, then other. And maybe how-to videos (launches, meathods, ect) but wait till there really is some.

Old   
glitchfinder1 Offline

11-16-2010 , 11:54 PM

um....what? I'm going to guess this is what you meant.

I think, instead of the others section, you should have a launching and clipping section and then others. Also, perhaps a how-to videos section when those kind of videos come out.

(correct grammar always helps)

Assuming I interpreted that right, all good ideas but I think this is one of those less is more times. Why have a category for every specific kind of trick when they can all fit in the other category. I mean, I don't expect there to be many videos of any one type of thing worth having its own category. Also what happens if a video comes out that contains half launching and half clipping? Do I put that in both or just pick one? No, I think the other category will do for now. If I get a large influx of specific videos that warrant a splitting of the other category I will do that.

Old   
marioman769 Offline

11-17-2010 , 12:29 AM

Quote:
um....what? I'm going to guess this is what you meant.

I think, instead of the others section, you should have a launching and clipping section and then others. Also, perhaps a how-to videos section when those kind of videos come out.

(correct grammar always helps)

Assuming I interpreted that right, all good ideas but I think this is one of those less is more times. Why have a category for every specific kind of trick when they can all fit in the other category. I mean, I don't expect there to be many videos of any one type of thing worth having its own category. Also what happens if a video comes out that contains half launching and half clipping? Do I put that in both or just pick one? No, I think the other category will do for now. If I get a large influx of specific videos that warrant a splitting of the other category I will do that.
Ya, sorry for the grammer man lol.

But yes,or maybe instead of putting a out of *blank*, maybe group all the glitches pertaining to that level into that level, not just getting out. And leave other for verietys.

And someone needs to make a chalenge thread.

Old   
glitchfinder1 Offline

11-17-2010 , 12:45 AM

If you mean put the eggs under each map header as well I've considered it but I really think eggs deserve to be separate from glitching. But if you mean other glitches than out of map glitches should be put under each map header, well I already sort of do that. Some of those videos aren't necessarily out of the map, such as Causeofdeath15's bubble room vid. I'm not going to put every video of someone doing something on a map in this thread, just the really neat ones that show off a trick that could lead to other things. That is why most of the vids are out of map videos because not only are they cool videos, but they act as a base for other tricks.

And a challenge thread would be cool, but I'll leave that for someone else to plan up.

Old   
glitchfinder1 Offline

11-21-2010 , 02:59 PM

Updated first post with anakade's How to Fly a Seraph post.

Old   
glitchfinder1 Offline

12-08-2010 , 09:45 AM

updated first post with DWT productions D.O.A Episode 4 video and thread link. Sorry about the double spoiler thing it won't go away. I try getting rid of the second tags and when I hit submit it keeps automatically adding them in.