Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Reach Forum Halo: Reach Tricking Forum
Halo: Reach Tricking Forum Halo: Reach tricks, exploration, easter eggs
Notices

Old   
Anakade Offline
Farewell, HIH.

DWT Productions ~ Halo: Reach E.O.A. Episode 4 - 12-08-2010 , 02:49 AM

It's an E.O.A.

It doesn't need a description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T-oeGN2tVo

Old   
Stockwell Offline
RaaaawwwWRRRR!!!

12-08-2010 , 03:56 AM

Awesome stuff as always. Very intrigued by the space stuff, I know you usually have better documented tricks with tuts on your site but didn't see any at the time. You planning on adding those soon? Also using the pelican Bridge as a boost, genius.

Old   
Anakade Offline
Farewell, HIH.

12-08-2010 , 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockwell View Post
Awesome stuff as always. Very intrigued by the space stuff, I know you usually have better documented tricks with tuts on your site but didn't see any at the time. You planning on adding those soon? Also using the pelican Bridge as a boost, genius.
I've had all of the EOA's (content) done (except for 7, which depends on numerous things) for a month or two now, so I've just been working on not procrastinating and getting the footage put together into a film for a while now.

The plan has been to start pushing tutorials and clips relatively soon, and keep it going somewhat consistently. The only dilemma we have now is how we want to release tutorials (under DWT, or handing them over to GlitchGaming), and when we actually start releasing them (start ASAP, or build up a bit of a catalog, and release them on some kind of 'schedule' after EOA 7).

Aside from my little ramble, the main point is that we'll have some tuts and schlapskie soon.

Old   
glitchfinder1 Offline

Send a message via AIM to glitchfinder1
12-08-2010 , 08:31 AM

Alive in space = awesome. Good work, and nice video.

Old   
DevinOlsen Offline

12-08-2010 , 10:21 AM

I had to shut it off half way through... It's not fun to watch a tricking video that shows no actual tricking... It was all just the end result of a trick that was shown.

That said, the spots you ended up looked really cool. I only wish you would have shown HOW you got to those spots.

Old   
Stockwell Offline
RaaaawwwWRRRR!!!

12-08-2010 , 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinOlsen View Post
I had to shut it off half way through... It's not fun to watch a tricking video that shows no actual tricking... It was all just the end result of a trick that was shown.

That said, the spots you ended up looked really cool. I only wish you would have shown HOW you got to those spots.
That would defeat the purpose of the E.O.A's. There just showcases of tricks that Anakade and his associates usually always explain more in depth at glitch-gaming. More often then not at HIH. If he showed "process of 50% of those tricks i'm sure it would have been a 20 min vid. Then I def would've stopped halfway.

Old   
xlax007 Offline

12-08-2010 , 12:53 PM

Quote:

+1

The setup is just as important and fun to watch as the final result.
Single clips of you being somewhere are not entertaining.

Good thing about making tutorials though, but whats up with all the promoting of glitchgaming? Why not post it here? Are you not part of HIH anymore?

Old   
Anakade Offline
Farewell, HIH.

12-08-2010 , 02:55 PM

Quote:
I had to shut it off half way through
Did better than me.

Quote:
It's not fun to watch a tricking video that shows no actual tricking...
It wasn't very fun to make either, if that counts for anything.

Quote:
It was all just the end result of a trick that was shown.
Well, we're nearing year 5 of the same exact format of video, so it should probably be expected by now.

Quote:
We do. We release everything in 3 formats; Video > Clips > Tutorials. 99.9% of the population that will see one of our videos falls into one of those specific categories (or multiple); there's maybe one or two that fall into the category of wanting to see a full video of clips+tutorials, and there's no reason to make a long winded video that does 2 jobs poorly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlax007 View Post
The setup is just as important and fun to watch as the final result.
For a tutorial, or even a single clip, yes. For a video in this format, no.

Quote:
but whats up with all the promoting of glitchgaming?
I wasn't aware that there has been an abundant amount. It's been mentioned 2 or 3 times in the last 3 months, usually as a description of something.

We release tutorials under GlitchGaming (which might change, we haven't decided), which is why it was mentioned; I'm not telling anyone 'Go to GlitchGaming, it's the only place you can get tutorials!'.

Quote:
Why not post it here?
1. I do.
2. It really doesn't make much of a difference if I do or don't.

Old   
L337PWN4GE Offline

12-08-2010 , 08:15 PM

excited to see how you got out of space alive =).

Old   
Dark Navi Offline
Is that a anime?

Send a message via AIM to Dark NaviSend a message via MSN to Dark NaviSend a message via Skype™ to Dark Navi
12-08-2010 , 11:55 PM

Are you planning on expanding on a few of those launches? I want to see the frigate one .

Anyways, very stellar work.

Old   
Chas Offline
J + E = <3

Send a message via AIM to Chas
12-09-2010 , 12:03 AM

Too tired to say much, but good work as usual.
Pretty short but many of the things interested me, regardless of how it was shown.

Life has gotten too busy for me to even trick anymore, so I am looking forward to the tutorials and some future content.

Old   
Anakade Offline
Farewell, HIH.

12-10-2010 , 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas View Post
Too tired to say much, but good work as usual.
Thanks.

Quote:
Pretty short but many of the things interested me, regardless of how it was shown.
Yeah, they're getting progressively shorter (EOA 5 is 2:10, and EOA 6, at the moment, is going to be in that area as well), but there's an actual reason for it at least....
Quote:
So I am looking forward to the tutorials and some future content.
I am as well. When I start releasing tutorials and clips, it'll mean I'm done with this set of EOAs, and I can finally start working on my real vids.

Old   
Mman19 Offline

12-10-2010 , 01:01 AM

Good job! All that space jazz was cosmic, lol.

Anakade, are you back on live?

Old   
Anakade Offline
Farewell, HIH.

12-10-2010 , 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mman19 View Post
Good job! All that space jazz was cosmic, lol.

Anakade, are you back on live?
Yes I am.

Old   
Stockwell Offline
RaaaawwwWRRRR!!!

12-16-2010 , 11:14 PM

any word on those tuts?

Old   
Anakade Offline
Farewell, HIH.

12-17-2010 , 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockwell View Post
any word on those tuts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakade
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithhead
Any intent to put out "how-to's" on these things? I'd like to repro the leg gun, personally.
Yes. We're in the middle of finishing up the series (it'll end at Episode 7), and we will begin releasing tutorials shortly after (around Christmas, we think). Our only other delay is deciding if we are going to merge our three channels (Full vids, clips, and tutorials), or keep them separate.

Tags
dwt productions