Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 3 Forum Theater
Theater Home for your screenshots, gameplay, and machinima
Notices

Old   
XxX neo XxX Offline

Send a message via AIM to XxX neo XxX
Preserving History | The Ultimate Halo Fragvid Collection | Over 2,000 Videos - 09-03-2010 , 04:59 PM

Quote:
lowstrife and Fragtality present:

The Ultimate Halo Fragvid Collection

This project was started to compile the largest collection of Halo videos, all in one place, all with one download. Since the inception of the project, we've had hundreds of videos sent in, and after removing duplications and broken files; the final tally was well over 2000 videos. We have toiled for months, through bandwidth caps and file corruptions to bring this project before the Halo Reach release. It's been a tough battle, but it's finally here. Thanks for holding out there :)

- The Preserving History Team

Hundreds of montages from the entire Halo series, every time period, including so many of those old classics.

Because of the sheer size of this project, we simply can't host this at the normal hosting sites like Filefront or Megaupload. The only (realistic) way to distribute the collection is through bittorrent. Thanks to the donations of several people, we've secured several servers to help seed the collection for the traffic we're (hoping!) to receive. So download and (hopefully) enjoy the download speeds from these ultra-high speed servers! Also, be sure to tell your friends about this! The more attention and popularity we get, the more successful this project becomes! So spread the word.

How this package works: (be sure to read before downloading!)

1. This is a bittorrent release, meaning you must use a torrent client. If you're on windows, I highly recommend uTorrent. Mac users can take a pick of uTorrent Mac or Transmission. If you're on linux, grab rtorrent (rutorrent for your webui!).
  2. Please seed this for as long as you can. Even if you download just a couple videos, please keep this in your torrent client as long as you can. If everyone removed it the day after it finished downloading, this project would die out almost instantly; and that can't happen. So please, leave it seeding as long as humanly possible; even if it's not uploading anything.
  3. Even though we have over 2000mbps of bandwidth from the multiple people that will be seeding, because most of this is located in Europe, download speeds may not be ideal; at least until the swarm size increases. So please bear with us. If you choose to download an entire games worth of videos, it will take many hours, or days, to complete.
  4. Every now and then, a project releases their videos in 1080P. Because of this preference, I've included "optional 1080P" folders for every video that counts. There will be the normal 720P version, and inside this folder, will be an identical 1080P version of that same video. Simply check the 1080P folder if you want to download these ultra-high quality versions. Each game has their own 1080P folder.
  5. Last but not least, ENABLE PROTOCOL ENCRYPTION! I've had tests where people have had problems downloading this torrent (due to ISP throttling or other factors), and enabling encryption made them download much, much quicker! This guide, while outdated (your client will look different than the pictures, still is a good tutorial. If you still can't figure it out, Google "enable encryption x" where "x" is the client you're using.

If you have any questions about how to download just the files you want, please watch this tutorial Crest and myself made. It shows how to use utorrent, and how to do selective downloading based on files you want.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBMTS0PuWFA[/youtube]

Torrent Download Links

UPDATE: Because of a tracker error, please make sure DHT and Peer Exchange are enabled in your torrent client or you WONT BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THE COLLECTION!

Filefront
Megaupload

Also, feel free to check out our new website:

Last edited by XxX neo XxX; 12-28-2010 at 09:50 PM. .

Old   
Bob NLD Offline

09-04-2010 , 01:51 PM

Oohhh myy gooossshhhh. Pretty sweet. Just one thing: only 2000? It seems to me that there are way more vids, but thats just me..... Wait, 2000 is a lot!! Maybe you could be right:p

Lol 231gb. My pc only has 160gb harddrive:p

Old   
Dark Navi Offline
Is that a anime?

Send a message via AIM to Dark NaviSend a message via MSN to Dark NaviSend a message via Skype™ to Dark Navi
09-05-2010 , 03:14 AM

http://www.youtube.com

Old   
Nofirefrog Offline
Hey There

09-06-2010 , 02:43 PM

Is there no way to get a list of the titles in the collection?

Nofirefrog

Years. YEARS. That's what I've given this site. It's been hilarious and maddening, mind numbing and thought provoking, moments of astonishment and headaches. The best thing this site has given me one the best community on the 'net. HIH will always be unparalleled.

Thanks for everything, you will be sorely missed.

Nofirefrog

Old   
XxX neo XxX Offline

09-06-2010 , 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofirefrog View Post
Is there no way to get a list of the titles in the collection?

Nofirefrog
It's in the torrent. It's a 66.7kb txt file with every file in the entire collection. Sadly I couldn't get it to list locations (where said file is); but you should know what you're looking for and where it should be.

Old   
Nofirefrog Offline
Hey There

09-07-2010 , 07:46 PM

So this is mostly about montages?

Nofirefrog

Years. YEARS. That's what I've given this site. It's been hilarious and maddening, mind numbing and thought provoking, moments of astonishment and headaches. The best thing this site has given me one the best community on the 'net. HIH will always be unparalleled.

Nofirefrog

Old   
XxX neo XxX Offline

09-09-2010 , 03:20 AM

Quote:
So this is mostly about montages?

Nofirefrog
That's what accounts for about 90% of the data, yeah.

Old   
HaLo2FrEeEk Offline

Send a message via MSN to HaLo2FrEeEk
09-09-2010 , 08:15 AM

I would be interested in hosting these on an actual server at Infectionist.com...but the idea of uploading 230 gigs (for one) and the fact that it probably wouldn't be appreciated holds me back.

Maybe I could put it up on my PirateBay account?

Old   
Dark Navi Offline
Is that a anime?

Send a message via AIM to Dark NaviSend a message via MSN to Dark NaviSend a message via Skype™ to Dark Navi
09-11-2010 , 11:59 AM

Why not just make a Halo video torrent tracker.

Old   
Joshington Offline

Send a message via AIM to Joshington
09-11-2010 , 01:56 PM

pfft...alot dont deserve to be in it...

Old   
HaLo2FrEeEk Offline

Send a message via MSN to HaLo2FrEeEk
09-12-2010 , 06:57 PM

I just downlaoded a PHP Tracker script that's supposed to be quite good. I'm not sure if it works though, try using this as a tracker:

http://mirror.infectionist.com/announce

And if it doesn't work then....idk.

And here's a direct download to the torrent file:

http://mirror.infectionist.com/torre...ection.torrent

Saves you from having to go to FileFront or MegaUpload.

Edit: It looks like the tracker does work, there's just no one using it right now so it says "logged in; 2010.09.12 18:12:24: Tracker return 0 peers." Feel free to use it, guys.

Old   
Nofirefrog Offline
Hey There

09-16-2010 , 11:11 AM

Why? This fella' linked us to what he has up. He's getting the traffic because it's his.

Nofirefrog

Nofirefrog

Old   
XxX neo XxX Offline

09-17-2010 , 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaLo2FrEeEk View Post
I would be interested in hosting these on an actual server at Infectionist.com...but the idea of uploading 230 gigs (for one) and the fact that it probably wouldn't be appreciated holds me back.

Maybe I could put it up on my PirateBay account?
Maybe you should. Couldn't hurt. As for webhosting... There actually is a team working on that. Get in contact with Lando Griffyn over at halomontage.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Navi View Post
Why not just make a Halo video torrent tracker.
I've talked to a person about it... We're not sure if it's a good idea, especially for a private torrents tracker. I'm just not sure it would get the attention; especially if it's for (mostly) freely available content.

Quote:
Why? This fella' linked us to what he has up. He's getting the traffic because it's his.

Nofirefrog
It's denis stalker dude, what're you talkin' about! It's a huuuuuge tracker!

And nah lol, the only thing that was actually mine was my home connection I used to upload the collection to the servers man. Everything else was donated or added to help the collection!