Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 and Halo 2 General Discussion
Halo 1 and Halo 2 General Discussion General Discussion forum for Halo 1 and Halo 2.
Notices

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
03-27-2010 , 04:18 PM

I know what you are talking about. I don't think it's possible, and BAWing down does not work well. Grumpy can tell you about this, because he spent quite some work on vertical BAWing.
I got another idea, though...

Old   
ODST Offline
HIH <3

Send a message via Skype™ to ODST
03-29-2010 , 12:52 AM

My noob ass has tried some stuff, but I only end up falling to my death and catching a glimpse of the room.

I tried two things I want to note:

1. Go further in campaign until you get to the bomb room. If you look around a bit, you'll see this large thing that reloads the Mac Cannon.

At the very back of it, if you stand there when it shoots, and invisible wall pushes you (and usually kills you) but neat thing happened to me. I got pushed through the wall, and outside of the station, just above the cutscene room. Can someone go try it out themselves?

2. Are there any known launches or jumps for Cairo Station? I want to try a jump from the side of the station, (near the large dome on top of the station) towards the room.

:P

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-29-2010 , 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODST View Post
My noob ass has tried some stuff, but I only end up falling to my death and catching a glimpse of the room.

I tried two things I want to note:

1. Go further in campaign until you get to the bomb room. If you look around a bit, you'll see this large thing that reloads the Mac Cannon.

At the very back of it, if you stand there when it shoots, and invisible wall pushes you (and usually kills you) but neat thing happened to me. I got pushed through the wall, and outside of the station, just above the cutscene room. Can someone go try it out themselves?

2. Are there any known launches or jumps for Cairo Station? I want to try a jump from the side of the station, (near the large dome on top of the station) towards the room.

Yeah, getting pushed through the gun's chamber is not new but I've never survived without yelo. You can go all around the cutscene room from there. Jeez, if we could get both players outside with nades at that area there's an invisible ledge on two of the sides. Maybe BAW in from there.

Dome, what dome? Do you mean a long-distance BAW? I tried that on SI and it didn't work for me but I'm not sure I understand what you're thinking. Also, we've launched all over that station (MAC gun etc) in SP and coop. SRL launched himself to the MAC gun from Armory, of all places. Dantheman87 did SP and coop and I think SRL did coop on CS so you can see their vids in the archive.

Old   
ODST Offline
HIH <3

03-29-2010 , 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
Yeah, getting pushed through the gun's chamber is not new but I've never survived without yelo. You can go all around the cutscene room from there. Jeez, if we could get both players outside with nades at that area there's an invisible ledge on two of the sides. Maybe BAW in from there.
Yeah, I didn't think that was new. Just something new to me.

Quote:
Dome, what dome? Do you mean a long-distance BAW? I tried that on SI and it didn't work for me but I'm not sure I understand what you're thinking. Also, we've launched all over that station (MAC gun etc) in SP and coop. SRL launched himself to the MAC gun from Armory, of all places. Dantheman87 did SP and coop and I think SRL did coop on CS so you can see their vids in the archive.
Well, it's not a dome, but when you first get to the space part of the level, when you get up on the In Amber Clad, and on top of Cairo Station, off to the right is a large glass thing. It's supposed to be the outside part of the amphitheatre in the first cutscene.

Oh, and I have seen the vids of getting on the MAC gun and whatnot. ;)

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

03-29-2010 , 12:37 PM

Quote:
I've seen professional Mongolian contortionists do that (Watch towards the end)

You can't survive it without mods, you are outside the map for way too long. If you ever get a DA on Cairo, haul him there and push him through the floor.

Go to the unexplored area thread and look for "First Cutscene Room" on Cairo. This is that dome, maybe set up a BAW there, that's what I suggested.

Also in dantheman's archive you will find a vid on how to get to the top of the MAC, how to collect nades easily and all that. If I remember correctly, it's the one which is around 10 minutes long with the Green Day song.

Old   
thenotsogoodtrickster Offline
That Brit Guy

Send a message via MSN to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Yahoo to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Skype™ to thenotsogoodtrickster
03-29-2010 , 01:06 PM

Holiday?

u mad? PM me.
Some basardskies asked for entertainment.
I presented a blog. Yes, Another F*****g Blog...

I'm on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, GTAGaming.com, Jumprs.org, GlitchGaming.org, and Last.fm. And I also use the nick "TNSGT" on IRC on the IAN server.

Much love, HIH, thanks for the memories xx

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

03-29-2010 , 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
Holiday?
Jesus of Suburbia is the only Green Day Song which is about 10 mins long.

Old   
thenotsogoodtrickster Offline
That Brit Guy

Send a message via MSN to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Yahoo to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Skype™ to thenotsogoodtrickster
03-29-2010 , 01:33 PM

Nuh-uh, Homecoming is, too :D

u mad? PM me.
Some basardskies asked for entertainment.
I presented a blog. Yes, Another F*****g Blog...

I'm on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, GTAGaming.com, Jumprs.org, GlitchGaming.org, and Last.fm. And I also use the nick "TNSGT" on IRC on the IAN server.

Much love, HIH, thanks for the memories xx

Old   
ODST Offline
HIH <3

03-29-2010 , 07:41 PM

I GOT IN THE ROOM!

Steps: Get to the final room with the bomb. When the MAC Round moves back to reload, get all the way to the front of it. When it comes at you, it pushes you through the floor, into the cutscene room.. dead. Before it comes at you, crouch and walk in the corner.

You guys try it. Maybe you'll live. :\

Edit: Problem. I've successfully gotten pushed down into the floor, but theres a death barrier right before the cutscene room.
Edit 2: Im sorry I can't record it. Lemme try something.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-29-2010 , 08:41 PM

Quote:
I GOT IN THE ROOM!

Steps: Get to the final room with the bomb. When the MAC Round moves back to reload, get all the way to the front of it. When it comes at you, it pushes you through the floor, into the cutscene room.. dead. Before it comes at you, crouch and walk in the corner.

You guys try it. Maybe you'll live. :\

Edit: Problem. I've successfully gotten pushed down into the floor, but theres a death barrier right before the cutscene room.
Edit 2: Im sorry I can't record it. Lemme try something.
Well, we know about getting in the room dead. We also know you die before getting to the room so I was hoping, when you said you got in, that you had gotten in alive. Otherwise nothing new yet but don't give up.

Old   
ODST Offline
HIH <3

03-29-2010 , 09:08 PM

Quote:
Well, we know about getting in the room dead. We also know you die before getting to the room so I was hoping, when you said you got in, that you had gotten in alive. Otherwise nothing new yet but don't give up.
Video of my attempts:

http://tinypic.com/r/255tdmp/5

:\

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-29-2010 , 09:29 PM

Quote:
Video of my attempts:

http://tinypic.com/r/255tdmp/5

:\
Fun ain't it? Get your camera closer to the screen and straighten it out, otherwise the quality was fine. It would be awesome for someone to get in there, truly epic.

Old   
ODST Offline
HIH <3

03-29-2010 , 09:42 PM

Quote:
Fun ain't it? Get your camera closer to the screen and straighten it out, otherwise the quality was fine. It would be awesome for someone to get in there, truly epic.
Thats probably the best I can do with a digital camera.

Any ideas on how I might be able to get in it?

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-29-2010 , 11:14 PM

Quote:
Thats probably the best I can do with a digital camera.

Any ideas on how I might be able to get in it?
Heh, if I did I would be in there waving at your dead body floating by. Kidding aside, the drop is too far imo so the death barrier doesn't come into play and that's another problem in itself. I'm not convinced there's a death barrier there at the CS room because of the long fall.

I think the only possible way to get in is from one of the sides.

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

03-30-2010 , 02:03 AM

Oh my god, when I read you got in there my heartbeat stopped for a second...

But there is actually no deathbarrier at all, you rather get killed by being out of the map. If it was a horizontal line to get through, I would say just BAW through that empty space, but since it's vertical (and even downwards, so worst case), I don't see any chances for a BAW.

Try it in coop for at least 24 hours, I think one player will spawn as a DA once... Seriously, I don't think it works this way. But again, good job on finding it on your own.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-30-2010 , 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post

But there is actually no deathbarrier at all, you rather get killed by being out of the map. If it was a horizontal line to get through, I would say just BAW through that empty space, but since it's vertical (and even downwards, so worst case), I don't see any chances for a BAW.

Try it in coop for at least 24 hours, I think one player will spawn as a DA once... Seriously, I don't think it works this way. But again, good job on finding it on your own.
Well, I got into the lift shaft yesterday, dead but at least there's no dead space to go through. It's a long drop so I'm wondering about getting both players in the shaft and beat on one for health and then RL the last part. There's a door at the bottom, maybe we need to blast an invincible into the shaft too.

On QZ I did a double BAW, they died but I was at a spot that was not survivable. A double BAW or even triple BAW is not out of the question (if one guy is invincible).

Old   
ODST Offline
HIH <3

03-30-2010 , 08:30 AM

Quote:
Lol. :P

Quote:

I had one idea, if it's possible, but it's for someone who's good with BAW's.

The idea is when you first get to explore the space region, get out of that area, on top of Cairo, and down to where you would take the elevator to the bomb room. If you go there like that, there's like a invisible barrier that stops you right before the door.

Try a BAW there?

I'll keep exploring elsewhere. :)

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-30-2010 , 01:48 PM

Quote:
Lol. :P

I had one idea, if it's possible, but it's for someone who's good with BAW's.

The idea is when you first get to explore the space region, get out of that area, on top of Cairo, and down to where you would take the elevator to the bomb room. If you go there like that, there's like a invisible barrier that stops you right before the door.

Try a BAW there?

I'll keep exploring elsewhere. :)
Good thinking but the shaft is way too high from there because the lift hasn't even gone down to the bomb room.

Old   
ODST Offline
HIH <3

03-30-2010 , 07:38 PM

Quote:
Good thinking but the shaft is way too high from there because the lift hasn't even gone down to the bomb room.
I just think that there is a death barrier, making it impossible to get into it.

Is there any known way to de-load them?

Edit: Idea. In the video I posted, you see a part where I get pushed through and slip for a moment. My idea was to get two people, kill player 2, and have player 1 get pushed through the wall. With any luck, player 2 would spawn in the pushed out area, and fall into the room.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-30-2010 , 08:21 PM

Quote:
I just think that there is a death barrier, making it impossible to get into it.

Is there any known way to de-load them?

Edit: Idea. In the video I posted, you see a part where I get pushed through and slip for a moment. My idea was to get two people, kill player 2, and have player 1 get pushed through the wall. With any luck, player 2 would spawn in the pushed out area, and fall into the room.

Yeah, I don't know about the timing on that. I suppose if you could time it so the first player that was killed is just about to respawn as the other player is killed by the loading ram. That might put you in space and you would still have to deal with that. Hard to predict because nobody has made alive it to the dead area of space before. At this point anything is worth a look.