Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches
Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 1 only can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

Dosage: Sneak Peek/Trailer 1 - 03-31-2011 , 05:41 AM

As promised, here's your first look at Dosage:

Streaming:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h61ffzK6RMs

Download:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20176552/DosageTrailer.wmv

I've been told that the video is blocked in what appears to be ALL of europe, so I recommend the download link for those who can't see it on youtube. I apologize for the inconvenience. I'm really not surprised that's the case though, considering the amount of problems I had editing this...

For those who don't know, "Dosage" is the extremely frustrating launching video I have been working on for a little over a year now. I've been releasing excerpts and the occasional deleted scene over the past year to hype it up, but this is the first big glimpse into what I've been working on. I think you all will be pleased with this trailer, but I am honestly disappointed in it. I have ran into a lot of problems with this project, and yesterday when I was throwing the trailer together, the amount of problems I ran in to came to the point where I was legitimately disturbed (my internet went down just as I tried to post this wall of text. Good god...)

I'm disappointed in it because it does not do the final product justice at all. Knowing that I have far more insane footage to show that I cannot get to (I lost two more discs of footage last night) is incredibly frustrating. I named this video "Trailer 1" because I fully intend to release a second trailer some time down the road that will give you a very good idea of what's really in store. But again, I'm sure you will all be happy with this trailer, just know that there's more coming. I promise you that.

I have no idea when I will finish this video. The launches that I have left are absurdly difficult, and finding the time to actually attempt them is becoming increasingly difficult as well. The trailer says late 2011, and I'm going to try my hardest to stick to that. Dosage will be my last tricking video, so I'm going to be giving it my all. The trailer also says it will be released on jumprs.org and Glitchgaming, as those are the only two websites I can think of. If anyone has any suggestions for other websites inhabited by HIH members, do let me know, I'd appreciate it.

So there you have it. I hope you like it.

http://comicflop.blogspot.com/

My comedy blog. Under construction.

Last edited by slYnki; 03-31-2011 at 03:48 PM. .

Old   
xlax007 Offline

03-31-2011 , 01:34 PM

It is blocked by WMG for me =/

Old   
Rockslider Offline

03-31-2011 , 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlax007 View Post
Me too, here in the UK.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-31-2011 , 02:11 PM

Man, you have reached complete freedom to do whatever you want in this game. Seems that way, I remember a time when I sorta felt like that.

That stick Ghost then launch gave me an idea for Outskirts. Hog on the pipe was fun to watch, I love those perfect landings, splat and you're done. Lotta tricks in that vid, too many for me to recite details but it was all good stuff.

Old   
Ms. Man Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ms. Man
03-31-2011 , 07:33 PM

fancy fancy fancy

Old   
theneighborrkid Offline

Send a message via AIM to theneighborrkid
04-01-2011 , 05:42 AM

WOW (like all of your videos.) There were a few times in the trailer I was just laughing because I thought "Hmm well it's not like he's actually going to.....OMG hahaha" can't wait for the video and I thing I saw a sneak peak of the trick you mentioned to me in your PM!

And I will respond to your PM at the end of the weekend, have some stuff going on, but had to see this!

Old   
Sport Offline
Do coconuts migrate?

04-01-2011 , 08:35 AM

Quote:
Same :(.

Old   
Jay Offline

Send a message via AIM to JaySend a message via Skype™ to Jay
04-01-2011 , 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
Man, you have reached complete freedom to do whatever you want in this game. Seems that way, I remember a time when I sorta felt like that.

That stick Ghost then launch gave me an idea for Outskirts. Hog on the pipe was fun to watch, I love those perfect landings, splat and you're doine. Lotta tricks in that vid, too many for me to recite details but it was all good stuff.
@ Grumpy, Does your idea involve the fire wall area ontop of the tunnel? idk why but that was jus the first thing to pop into my head.

@ SlYnki, Astounding as usual. Every trickers worst fear is to loose footage of a really hard trick, and being in HX2T and DefyLogic for quite some time, we had our fair share of footage loss... Sucks man, haha! Really great trailer though, I will be greatly anticipating the final videos release.

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-01-2011 , 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
@ Grumpy, Does your idea involve the fire wall area ontop of the tunnel? idk why but that was jus the first thing to pop into my head.
No, but that's a good place to mess with it.

The idea was to launch a Hog (on OS) past the end lz to see if it would go past the invisible wall at the very end and end up on Metro. For SP I need a big blast so I thought (after watching slYnki) I would park the Ghost close to the Hog and stick the fuel tank of the Ghost. For coop I would have P1 in the Hog and P2 would shoot the Ghost with an RL to see if that gives it more kick.

Another experiment would be to stick the Ghost and ram it into whatever you want to launch. This would maybe tell me if I can launch further with a moving Ghost at the time of the explosion.

Old   
kdbruyne Offline

04-01-2011 , 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slYnki View Post
As promised, here's your first look at Dosage:

Streaming:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h61ffzK6RMs

Download:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20176552/DosageTrailer.wmv

I've been told that the video is blocked in what appears to be ALL of europe, so I recommend the download link for those who can't see it on youtube. I apologize for the inconvenience. I'm really not surprised that's the case though, considering the amount of problems I had editing this...
Well you need proxy sites man. Here are some of proxy sites:

1april.co.cc
30mart.co.cc

You can find more at http://proxy-zone.net
So - just go there, click any link, and in url form type "www.youtube.com" and press SURF.
And also you can download video if you like it.

Enjoy.

Old   
IncrediBill X Offline
Has Fanboys

Send a message via AIM to IncrediBill X
04-03-2011 , 12:05 AM

Sorry I'm late, but this looks awesome!

Old   
Ducain Offline
Ahhhhh....yeeeaaahhhh

04-04-2011 , 01:23 PM

I have much love for this. Way to go dudeman.

Ducain - HIH Admin - Ducain@gmail.com

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

04-04-2011 , 04:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockslider
Me too, here in the UK.
Sorry about that guys. That's why I threw the download link in there. I'm not surprised youtube screwed me over when I uploaded this =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy

That stick Ghost then launch gave me an idea for Outskirts. Hog on the pipe was fun to watch, I love those perfect landings, splat and you're done. Lotta tricks in that vid, too many for me to recite details but it was all good stuff.
I've been playing the game for so long, I just kinda know everything about it. Pretty cool feeling. Makes tricking extra fun, because ideas come to you everywhere you go. I think the biggest problem I've ran in to with this video, beyond the technical problems, was having too many ideas. Normally that's not a bad thing, but when they're all in the same spot and share the same landing spot... I've had to cull out quite a few launches ^_^

The hog to the pipe was great fun. Wish I could have shown off far more insane tricks, but yeah... problems galor. Trailer #2 will be awesome. Thanks for commenting, grumpy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Man
fancy fancy fancy
=)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNK
WOW (like all of your videos.) There were a few times in the trailer I was just laughing because I thought "Hmm well it's not like he's actually going to.....OMG hahaha" can't wait for the video and I thing I saw a sneak peak of the trick you mentioned to me in your PM!

And I will respond to your PM at the end of the weekend, have some stuff going on, but had to see this!
Haha, thanks man. I threw in that sneak peek just for you! Ah, the zero grenade launch. That's guaranteed to turn heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
@ SlYnki, Astounding as usual. Every trickers worst fear is to loose footage of a really hard trick, and being in HX2T and DefyLogic for quite some time, we had our fair share of footage loss... Sucks man, haha! Really great trailer though, I will be greatly anticipating the final videos release.
Luckily I'll be able to get the footage back when I get my new computer. The computer that I have now is just awful. So, I'm not too depressed about losing all that footage. It just sucks because this trailer could have been 10x better ._. But at least you enjoyed it ^_^ Thanks for commenting, Jay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBill X
Sorry I'm late, but this looks awesome!
<3 Bill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducain
I have much love for this. Way to go dudeman.
Thanks a lot, Duke! By the way, quite awhile back I said I landed a launch that would drive you mad, then tortured you further by not telling you what it is. Well...

I launched from the bottom of SC (where you launched from) back up to the VERY top. There's a tiny ledge at the top of that giant room, I launch a hog and myself to it in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8LC3...el_video_title

The reason why it will drive you mad is because my set up was far more merciful than your hunter set up. I built the grenade pile at the "Shafted" ledge, then used a grenade to push it off and have it land in a nice pile at the bottom. Then I got down to the bottom with one player and got a checkpoint with the second. I thought I'd poke fun at you one last time (:

Old   
Ducain Offline
Ahhhhh....yeeeaaahhhh

04-04-2011 , 05:28 PM

I'll check out that last link slynk, you've got me curious. :)

EDIT: Ok, so did you show the launch you described in that video?

Ducain - HIH Admin - Ducain@gmail.com

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

04-05-2011 , 03:31 PM

Nope, I just showed the spot where I'm going to land. I launch from the bottom (where you launched from back in the day) to that spot.

Old   
JTuck Offline

04-05-2011 , 07:38 PM

Ah, I nearly missed posting on this. Better late than never I suppose...

Awesome video slYnk. You continue to amaze me with your insane Halo: CE skills. I'll be looking forward to seeing the final release; best of luck man!

Old   
uberfoop Offline

04-05-2011 , 09:38 PM

Those are some cruel cuts, sir :)

Awesome stuff, slYnki. I'm looking forward to the finished product.

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-06-2011 , 12:38 AM

Once we are down, where will you post your stuff so I can keep track?

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

04-06-2011 , 03:18 AM

I'll of course be posting everything I do on my youtube channel. You can also keep an eye on jumprs.org and probably GlitchGaming for everything I will post =)

Thanks a lot, uberfoop and JTuck!

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lone StarrSend a message via MSN to Lone StarrSend a message via Skype™ to Lone Starr
04-06-2011 , 04:18 AM

Damn, I can't believe this is only the trailer for the video. You could have just released this as the video, and I still would have been impressed. I subscribed to your youtube page so I'll know when you release the second part.

It sucks that HIH is closing down, but at least you managed to release one more video before the 7th. Anyways best of luck slYnki, it's been fun watching your videos throughout the years.