Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Enanito Offline

Send a message via AIM to EnanitoSend a message via MSN to EnanitoSend a message via Yahoo to Enanito
Frequently Asked Questions Database - 06-19-2006 , 07:55 PM

Frequently Asked Questions Database – Revamped

First things first...

The FAQ Database is not the Q&A Sticky. Please do not ask your questions in here.

The FAQ database is under new management! I hope everyone visits this resource as an answer to their most common questions.

First of all, I know that many people wonder where they go for certain information or if they have a question. These are the stickies located on the previous page, along with an explanation on their use. If you can’t find your answer in the FAQ database, please ask your question in the appropriate sticky or feel free to PM me!

Question and Answer – For when you need to ask a quick question about anything involving Halo 2 Campaign.
The Unexplored Places Reference – Anything involving exploration to the few places that are untouched by us.
Ultimate Launching Tutorial and Discussion – Anything involving launching vehicles, people, objects, whatever.
Halo 2 Gamesaves – If you have Action Replay, you can use this sticky to download profiles and gametypes for your use/enjoyment.
Trick Request/Idea Sticky – Looking for a challenge, or wanting to post one? There is where you do it.
Scarab Gun Sticky – Anything and everything involving the scarab gun.
Tutorial Sticky – Looking for a detailed explanation or video on how to perform a trick/glitch? This is an excellent resource.

In addition, here are some more useful links to answer your questions.

Skulls Database – All the information about where the skulls are and what their effects are can be found here.
Archive Forums (Version 2) – HIH made an upgrade to the forums in March of 2006. For all of the ancient and legendary knowledge that we have discovered and performed, check it out. To perform a search, type in what you want under the search page and select “Search for All Terms”. This will focus your search better and help you get the results you want.
HIH Staff Overview – Want to know some background information on the people behind the curtain? They give you a small autobiography of themselves, along with some contact information here.

As in the last sticky, these people are thanked greatly for their assistance in answering and solving most of the questions in this sticky:

KORHAL
ironskillet2
Charlie da Tuna
EternalSlayer
Babe Magnet
MadRoX
Terminator
S.W.A.T. Sniper

Last edited by Enanito; 02-25-2007 at 08:27 PM. .

Old   
Enanito Offline

Send a message via AIM to EnanitoSend a message via MSN to EnanitoSend a message via Yahoo to Enanito
06-19-2006 , 08:00 PM

General Questions

Sword-flying

Q: What is the “sword lunge” glitch? (Revised 2/27/07, 11:14 PM)
A: This glitch allows you to lunge at an enemy from an incredibly far distance. All you need is a weapon that can have it's reticule turn red when targeting an enemy, a sword, and the 1.1 update removed from your Xbox. First, find an enemy you want to perform the glitch on. Take out your weapon and get the reticule to turn red on the enemy. Finally, hit Y, X, and then R really fast. This makes the game think that you have your sword equipped, but you still have a red reticule. This glitch takes lots of practice to perfect. Just ask scurty. He's got it covered here.

Q: What is the 1.1 update, and what did it do?
A: The 1.1 update was a patch released by Bungie over Xbox Live and is already present if you bought the Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack. The 1.1 update only affects Campaign in one way. The swordfly and sword lunge glitches no longer function. Sword canceling was not affected.

Q: I want to remove update 1.1 from my Xbox. How do I do this?
A: Go to your Xbox dashboard. Select memory, and then find the area in your memory that lists your Halo 2 saves. To delete the update, you need to delete the root directory for Halo 2. The root directory is the symbol of Halo 2 on the left hand side of your profiles and gametypes. Select the symbol and delete it. Voila, your update is gone!
Note: When you delete the root directory, you lose all of your saved profiles and gametypes. A method of keeping your data while still deleting the update is to use Action Replay. You can buy it in your local game store for a cheap price, and it allows you to move your Xbox saves over to your computer to store.

Q: How do I “sword fly”? (Revised 2/27/07, 11:18 PM)
A: First, get rid of your 1.1 update. Then, get in the side seat of a vehicle (easiest with a warthog or a spectre) with a sword and get very close to an enemy. You want your reticule to turn red. Slash at an enemy when the reticule is red, and then drive away. Then, look in the direction you want to go. Adjusting the angle of your view will affect which direction you fly out from. In addition, the farther away from the enemy you drove, the farther you will fly. Here is a link to a tutorial of sword flying, provided by Dark Helmet. (Thanks to Babe Magnet for the link)

Q: What is “sword canceling”?
A: Sword canceling is the ability to lunge at an enemy, but deal no damage. To do this, pull the R trigger and hit X at the same time. You can also use this to lunge past the enemy and get past an area pretty fast. To do this, pull the R trigger and hit the X and A buttons at the same time.

Trick/Glitch-Related

Q: What is “surfing” and how do I perform it?
A: Surfing in Halo 2 means to jump on top of an enemy and ride it. When you jump on top of it, the enemy slowly sinks downward, allowing you to reach places that are farther than you can fall. The enemies that you can surf are jetpack elites, sentinels and repair sentinels. (Repair sentinels can only be found on the level Sacred Icon). To surf, simply jump on top of an enemy and keep your balance. If they move out from under you, it means that you were not balancing yourself in the middle of the enemy.

Q: What is "corner riding"?
A: Corner riding is a glitch that you can use to fall down to locations that are way beyond the reach of normally jumping off an area and dying. To perform the corner ride, you need a building/structure/landmark with a definite corner. A very good example of this is the buildings in the level Metropolis. Get close to the corner and slowly walk off. Then, strafe left to right all the way down the corner. When you make contact with the corner, you can see yourself slowing down, which allows you to evade the fall timer. For a video tutorial on the corner ride, watch this video

Q: How do I perform the Infinite Camouflage glitch?
A: This will only work on levels where you play as the Master Chief. First, activate the Envy skull (see the Skulls Database on how to get the Envy skull). Next, go to the level you want infinite camouflage with. Activate your camouflage just as you are crossing a checkpoint. To see if you did it right, revert to your last checkpoint and see if you are camouflaged. If you are, shut off your Xbox. When you turn it back on and go to your saved game, you will have infinite camouflage.

Q: What is overloading?
A: Overloading is when you pile many many objects into one space to the point where the game does not load other things correctly. This can be related to what disc drive you have in your Xbox (Samsung = best, Philips = good, Thompson = worst). You will be able to overload easier with a Thompson than a Samsung. One common technique of overloading is to kill your co-op partner many times until the game overloads. Some glitches involved with overloading are: you change colors, the AI no longer functions, pelicans/phantoms become flappable, your co-op partner does not respawn, you can’t see your weapons, etc.

Q: What methods are there to survive the fall timer to reach a place that I can’t get to?
A: There are many methods to evade the “fall timer”. The key to evading it is to reduce your speed while falling. It may not make sense on why it’s called a “fall timer”, but that’s the common term used by HIH. Here are a few methods you can use to slow yourself down:
-Use an explosive weapon (fuel rod cannon, rocket launcher, brute shot, needler) to slow yourself down. Shoot underneath yourself while leaning towards a wall.
-The “no fall timer” glitch. This glitch is a trademark of the popular tricking clan KDproductions. First, use the rocket/sword fly glitch to lunge at an enemy with a vehicle in between you and the enemy. As you fly by, hold “x” to get inside the vehicle. If you did it right, then congratulations! The fall timer has no effect on you.
-Corner riding. You can find a tutorial to corner riding here.

Q: Where is the Golden Warthog?
A: Technically, there isn't. The only exception (If that is what you want to call it.) Is through overloading, the lighting, backgrounds, textures etc., will alter. In other words, if you overload the game, the vehicle skins will alter in color at certain angles, making them "golden." This happens to every vehicle. You could also change the color of the warthog through modding, but that's a different story.

Q. I was watching this vid and the guy jumped on the ground and went up really high. How do I do that?
A: This would be called a superbounce/superjump, which ever you prefer. This technique involves crouching into a place where you cannot stand up after letting go of crouch, getting to an elevated height and jumping on a texture change in the map or a /rail/pillar/ etc.. It works by you becoming part of the map when you crouch under the thing and jumping from a certain height and landing on the ground causes you to sink in to the map a little and the map pushes you out and making you go high. There are many of these on all of the maps you just have to look for them. Here is a link to The Archive, which is located in the Jumping Discussion forum. Go to the section for campaign superbouncing, and explore.

Q. I heard that sometimes when MC dies he screams a weird scream, why does this happen?
A. This is completely random, and is rare, but it happens. You can see it in this video

Q. I cut myself in half! I can see my waist when I'm looking down and I can run around like that if I swing my sword! Old?
A. Yes, old. Master Chief is actually two parts: the upper body and the lower body. These parts can be seen separately through the first person view of the player. To do it, you need some type of wall or object that you can walk/run against. You'll see the opportunity to do it if you look down and see your bottom half trying to separate from your own body. Then, swing a sword rapidly (not sword canceling, normal swing with the R trigger) to run around while viewing your bottom half. This doesn't work on all walls/objects, so you will have to experiment.

Q: What are the “secret rooms”?
A: These are rooms that don’t have an entrance to them. Some good examples of secret rooms are the “Golden Staircase” area and the area right under the Blind skull in Outskirts. For more information about these secret rooms, read the threads found in these two links: Link 1 and Link 2.

Movie/Cutscene-Related

Q. Is there a special cutscene when you finish the game on legendary?
A. No, there is no special cutscene except from some minor changes in some of the cutscenes. For example, when you play Delta Halo on normal/easy, the grunt is playing with dirt, but plays with fire and a grunt doll on heroic and legendary respectively.

Q. Where can I get cutscenes without having to play through the game to watch them?
A. Try HBO's cutscene library here: http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/cutscenes/

Q. I heard there is a special cutscene called "A Day at the Beach", where can I find it?
A. This cutscene documents what happens to the other group of ODST's on outskirts when you are flying in at the start of the level. It is found on the Multiplayer Map Pack, although you can watch it on the web.

Q: I watched the E3 trailer for Halo 2, and I saw Master Chief fighting in New Mombasa. Is it possible to play on this level?
A: No. This level was put into the trailer only to show the changes between Halo 1 and Halo 2. You can play on similar levels like the one shown in the E3 trailer. These maps are known as Outskirts and Metropolis.

Q: Where is a great resource for screenshots of the different people and Covenant in the game?
A: halo.bungie.org and www.halouvre.org are excellent sources for these types of pictures. In addition, check out HIH’s brand new Image Galleries. They have a lot of excellent screenshots of the environment of both Campaign and Multiplayer, and also some very cool wallpaper for your desktop. I recommend it.

Q: Odd...I watched the opening cutscene for Delta Halo, and I saw Africa. Am I hallucinating? (Added 1/7/07, 2:30 PM)
A: The one time you think you're hallucinating, you're not. You do indeed see Africa in the opening cutscene for Delta Halo. Visit the cutscene database at halo.bungie.org to view it.

Launching-Related

Q: How do I launch a vehicle?
A: There are so many ways to launch a vehicle. Grenade piles, rockets, pressure launching, you name it. A very useful source for launching is Terminator’s Ultimate Launching Tutorial Sticky. Check it out for all the information you will ever need on launching.

Q: What is the “SFW”?
A: The SFW is a launching technique that gives you extreme height with just the Sputnik skull activated, a Frag grenade and a Warthog. Get behind the warthog where the turret is. Throw a grenade underneath the warthog so that the grenade bounces right under the turret. Jump on top of the turret and watch yourself fly. For a more detailed explanation, visit Terminator’s Ultimate Launching Tutorial Sticky.

Q: How do I make a grenade pile?
A: The best way to make a pile is to select any level on co-operative mode and on any diffculty besides Legendary. Kill your co-op partner until you have the desired amount of grenades that you want, and then shoot the grenades with your weapons until you have a nice tight pile. For a more in depth explanation, check out Terminator’s Ultimate Launching Tutorial Sticky.

Skull-Related

Q: What are "the Skulls"? Where do I find them?
A: The Skulls are an addition to Halo 2 that, when picked up, a special effect will occur in the game. There is a skull in every level except The Heretic, which is a cutscene. To find the location of a skull, go to the Skulls Database, which gives information on every skull. When you pick up a skull, a flash of white will appear on the screen (if it doesn't, it's a tech support problem). There are weird effects that certain skulls have. One skull, Black Eye, will deactivate the snowfall in the multiplayer level Lockout. An effect of a skull will last until you shut off your Xbox. If you want to turn a skull off, you will have to shut off your Xbox. This will obviously deactivate all the skulls until you get them again.

Q: Have we found all the skulls? I keep hearing a rumor about another skull.
A: There are no more skulls. Bungie has confirmed this. There have been cases where the Blind skull would overlap to another part of the level, but it is not a new skull. Also, there have been reports of numbers and such being found on the skulls. These are only textures, and mean nothing.

Q: When I want to activate a skull, do I have to play through the whole level with the skull?
A: No, you don't even have to play through the level. Once the skull is picked up, the power is on until the Xbox is shut off or the disk tray is opened.

Miscellaneous/Gameplay-related

Q: Are there any other super weapons besides the Scarab Gun?
A: There are, but they are not obtainable without modding. There is a needler that shoots the turrets located underneath a phantom (the Big Needler), but that is it.

Q: Unmanned vehicles didn’t explode when they impacted with the ground in Halo 1. Do they do that now in Halo 2?
A: They certainly do. Any vehicle can explode from falling damage.

Q: I’m uncomfortable playing co-operative with the top and bottom screens. Is there anyway I can change that so that the screens are side by side?
A: Go to your Xbox dashboard and select Settings. Then, go to video and select video mode. Select the wide screen format and you will be good to go.

Q: I want to learn about the Bungie staff and how the game was created. Where is the best source for this?
A: The two best sources are www.bungie.net and www.halo.bungie.org. Explore these sites to learn about the game.

Exploration

Q: Have we been to (insert area here)? (Added 1/6/07, 5:27 PM)
A: Consult the Unexplored Places Reference sticky. If the area that you think is unexplored is not on that list, then the most likely answer is that it has been explored. There's always the chance that the area in question is unexplored and not on the list, so you can always make a post in that sticky to find out.

Last edited by Enanito; 02-28-2007 at 01:18 AM. .

Old   
Enanito Offline

06-19-2006 , 08:01 PM

Map-Specific Questions

The Heretic

Q: Is there anyway to mess up this scene?
A: As far as we know, there is no way to mess up the scene without modding.

Last edited by Enanito; 06-20-2006 at 07:16 PM. .

Old   
Enanito Offline

06-19-2006 , 08:03 PM

The Armory

Q: How do I get out of the tram?
A: Go through all the normal tests (aiming, shields). Then, when you are asked to get on the elevator, go to a corner of the room where there is a pile of boxes. You want to push one of the big rectangular boxes into the elevator with you. To push the box, you need to use a smaller box to push into the big box. It’s unknown why this method allows you to push heavier things. Get the big box and the small box into the elevator and to the tram. Push the big box a little less than halfway inside the tram. Hop on top of the box and crouch inside the tram. The door will try to close, but the box is in the way. With a little luck, the box will push you up and out of the tram. Here is a video of getting out of the tram (it’s at the end of the video).
Note: The chance to get pushed out is very slim. To set up a checkpoint with the boxes in place, activate the Black Eye skull (see the Skulls Database) and put your boxes in place. Then, save and quit out of the game. Because of the shield regenerator test, the game automatically gives you a checkpoint because you have low shields. Shut off your Xbox and return to your profile to be in perfect position for your attempts.

Q: Where is the Un-named skull?
A: For that, you can visit the wonderful resource known as the Skulls Database for an in-depth tutorial on obtaining the skull and detailed explanation of the skull’s effect.

Q: Why doesn’t the skull in this level have a name?
A: After investigating through modding and examining the Hex, HIH has concluded that it is because it was an error in programming the skull. Either that, or Bungie did it for no apparent reason.

Last edited by Enanito; 06-20-2006 at 07:17 PM. .

Old   
Enanito Offline

06-19-2006 , 08:05 PM

Cairo Station

Q: Is it possible to get on top of the MAC gun?
A: It is very possible. Two methods used were a large grenade pile and sword canceling a jetpack elite with a turbo controller. Ms. Man and Frogblast, respectively, can be given huge credit for that.

Q: Where is the Thunderstorm Skull?
A: For that, you can visit the wonderful resource known as the Skulls Database for an in-depth tutorial on obtaining the skull and detailed explanation of the skull’s effect.

Q: I start playing Cairo Station without any weapons. Is it possible to beat the level without picking up a weapon?
A: Yes, and it has been done. Some careful jumping around weapons and good grenade usage at the end of the level will do the job. You can find a video here.

Q: I was exploring Cairo Station after the elevator with all the drones. I went on top of that building and saw a floating grunt corpse! Is this new, and why is it there?
A: No, this quite an old discovery. This has to do with overlapping loading zones. If you leave an object in an area where the loading zones overlap, the object will stay there, but might be floating in the air depending on what changes in the map occur. You can even leave people (i.e. Johnson) there, and they will be floating there also. If you hit them with a projectile, they will fall.

Q: I heard there is a warthog on Cairo Station, where is it and how can I get it? (Added 4/11/07, 8:25 PM)
A: It's located in the second corridor just ahead of where you exit the station and enter space. Sadly, the warthog is inside of a solid wall and cannot be obtained or even seen without mods. You can see the location here.
Note: There are action replay saves that have a warthog on Cairo Station. This warthog is completely different than the one in question here.

Last edited by Enanito; 04-11-2007 at 11:21 PM. .

Old   
Enanito Offline

06-19-2006 , 08:06 PM

Outskirts

Q: Where is the Blind Skull?

Q: Where is the IWHBYD (I Would Have Been Your Daddy) Skull?
A: For that, you can visit the wonderful resource known as the Skulls Database for an in-depth tutorial on obtaining the skull and detailed explanation of the skull’s effect. An important note about this skull: there is no definite way of obtaining this skull. It will require perseverance and testing until you find the best method for you. The Skulls Database can offer a guideline.

Q: How do I get the invincible warthog?
A: Proceed normally through the level until you reach the tunnel. Once you pass through the loading zone in the tunnel, head back out and trace back to the downed pelican on the beach. Go past the pelican to find the invincible warthog sitting on a porch-like area. Use whatever method you want to get it out, as it is invincible.

Q: Where is the scarab gun on Outskirts and how do I get it?
A: The scarab gun appears when you trigger the event of the scarab shooting inside the tunnel to destroy a warthog. You need to be on the outside of the tunnel to obtain the gun. Here is a video on how to obtain the gun in single player and here is a video on how to obtain it in co-operative.

Q: What is the “REX sword” and where do I find it?
A: REX is short for the name Ferrex, which is the codename of one of the designers of the map Outskirts. He left his trademark, a bloody REX symbol, inside a building with a hidden sword nearby. You can’t see this symbol in co-operative mode, but it will appear on any difficulty. To find the building, follow this video tutorial.

Q: I went outside of the map, and found a weird texture on the back of a concrete block. When I shot it, it had a water effect, as if I was shooting at actual water. Is this new?
A: Nope, this is old. We call it the "Water Wall". It's unknown why that texture is there, or why it even produces a water effect. You can view this bizarre wall in this video.

Q: I saw a video of a bunch of weapons stuck in a wall. How did that happen?
A: There are some walls in Campaign that for some reason let you stick weapons and other objects to it. One wall you can do this on is on the other side of the door that the Hunters come through on Outskirts. Jump on top of the buildings and get on the other side of the wall. Bring some weapons from the rest of the map to the wall. Dual-wield a weapon and toss it into the wall, and it should stick! No one knows why the wall allows for it...but it does.

Q: I was exploring on top of the buildings, and I got to the top of Hotel Zanzibar. When I looked at the rest of the city, my weapon disappeared and all I could see were my hands! New? (Added 1/6/07, 5:32 PM)
A: Not if this question is here! This glitch is old, and is caused by there being a sort of overloading effect from the whole map being visible. A good video displaying the glitch can be found here. (Thanks to {HJ}Jordan for the documentary.

Q: Can I carry over my weapons from Outskirts to Metropolis? (Revised 4/12/07, 9:37 PM)
A: Yes. You need the battle rifle you started with at the beginning of Outskirts. The only weapon that cannot be carried over to Metropolis is the Scarab Gun. The Scarab Gun is missing special coding that is required for the weapon to be carried over.

Last edited by Enanito; 04-12-2007 at 11:37 PM. .

Old   
Enanito Offline

06-19-2006 , 08:08 PM

Metropolis

Q: Where is the Catch Skull?

Q: Where is the Scarab Gun that is really high up on this level?
A: The gun is located on a very very high bridge. If you look up at the very tall buildings, you should see bridges connecting two towers. The Scarab Gun is located on the closest bridge to you.

Q: I know where the Scarab Gun is located on this level, but I don’t know how to get to it. What methods can I use?
A: There are many methods to reach the Scarab Gun. For all the methods found on how to reach the Scarab gun, visit the Scarab Gun Sticky. Here are the most common ways to obtain the gun off of the bridge.
-Use the SFW (Sputnik Frag Warthog) launch to reach the gun. Here’s a video.
-Lure a banshee through the tunnel. Keep luring it until you reach the very small tunnel that has the loading point in it (it’s at the beginning of the last pipe). Once you pass through the loading point, you want to board the banshee and kick the driver out. Fly the banshee out of the tunnel and then fly to the Scarab Gun. For more information, visit the appropriate sticky.

Q: I heard there is a second scarab gun on this level. How do I get that one? (Revised 4/14/07, 11:36 AM)
A: Unfortunately, it is hard to explain. Play the level in co-op and get a banshee through the tunnel. Then fly all the way to the marine HQ and go around to the back of it. This should make it so the loading zone doesn't warp a second player to where the first player activated the loading zone. Now, watch this video. It shows a method to obtaining the gun since it is located in the air when the scarab appears.

Q: How can I get into the water located underneath the bridge in the beginning?
A: Perform a sword fly into the water. You can bypass the death barrier using that method.

Q: Which pelican can I ride in?
A: This pelican is located right in front of the marine command outpost in the second half of the level. The pelican will drop off some marine. When it lowers to the ground, jump up to it and hold X. You should be able to get into the pelican and fly off with it. Eventually, the pelican will run into a building and crash, spilling the pilot and you. At that point, the pelican can be flipped and spin around rapidly.

Q: I heard there are invincible marines in this level. Where are they?
A: When you enter the tunnel, on the right hand side you will see a warthog with two marines inside. These marines are invincible until they get out of the warthog. You can throw grenades and shoot rockets at them and they will not die.

Q: Where is the soccer ball? Why is this in the game?
A: The soccer ball is located in the upper levels of the building in front of you as you pass the first wraith on the second part of Metropolis. Here’s a very nice video on how to reach the soccer ball with just a frag grenade and some jumping. As for why it’s in the game…it was used by Bungie as a test for the physics in the game. Bungie liked it so much that they left it in the game for us to find and play with. How thoughtful of them.
Note on the video: You don't need an overshield as shown in the video.

Q: What is "IOHBOY" and where do I find it?
A: IOHBOY stands for I'm Only Here Because of You. A little joke from the Bungie staff. To find it, follow the tutorial in this video

Q: At the end of the level, I put a vehicle/object on top of the Scarab and it started floating on top. I could hit it and it would spin very fast! Is this new?
A: No, this is very old. The physics on the Scarab are very weird, and for some reason, vehicles and objects can float on top of the Scarab.

Last edited by Enanito; 04-14-2007 at 01:36 PM. .

Old   
Enanito Offline

06-19-2006 , 08:10 PM

The Arbiter

Q: Where is the Grunt Birthday Party skull?

Q: How do I reach the Heretic’s banshee before he does?
A: As you enter the room with the three banshees outside, you will see the Heretic leader say a few words and enter his banshee. Use a sword and sword cancel until you can get through the glass. If you can’t get through before he gets in, revert your checkpoint and try again until you get through. Once you steal the banshee, he becomes AI-less and can be pushed off the edge to the bottom of the map.

Q: How do I reach the bottom of the map?
A: Lure a sentinel from the room just before the three banshees. Hop on top of it and surf the sentinel all the way to the bottom.

Q: Is there any way I can explore the outside of the station from the beginning of the map?
A: Certainly. You will need the Sputnik skull. Run towards the first door with your allies. Run past them and use a grenade to launch yourself on top of one of the slanted pillars on each side of the beginning area. Run down the ramp, but not all the way. When you almost reach the bottom, do another grenade jump and try to land on the edge that goes straight out. Run across this very narrow edge and get to the other side. From this point, you are free of the death barrier and can explore with your remaining two grenades (or 4, if you did this in co-operative).

Q: Is it new to see the phantoms at the beginning of the level hit a wall and spin to the bottom? (Added 1/7/07, 2:37 PM)
A: Nope. That's just simply what happens. Amusing to watch for a good 10 minutes though.

Q: I can make grenades bounce on an elevator! New? (Added 2/25/07, 6:35 PM)
A: Nah. It’s amusing though. To do this, simply throw plasma grenades down on an elevator that is moving downward.

Last edited by Enanito; 02-25-2007 at 08:35 PM. .

Old   
Enanito Offline

06-19-2006 , 08:13 PM

The Oracle

Q: Where is the Famine Skull?

Q: Is there any way to follow the Heretic when he escapes through the forcefield?
A: No. You can sword cancel through the door, but in that entire room, it is a death barrier. You cannot enter that room at that time without mods.

Q: When I cut the cables, I jumped just as the station disconnected. I flew really fast into the air! Is this normal?
A: Very normal. If you jump just as the cables disconnect, you will be flung from the station to your death. To prevent this, simply get to the lower area near the elevator and don’t jump.

Q: Is it possible to get under the glass floor in the second room of the level? The one where the heretics and the flood are fighting beneath you?
A: It is indeed possible. Take out your sword and sword cancel until you fly underneath the floor. There’s no way to get out, so you are stranded to die or stay there forever.

Q: How come I can’t get to the bottom of the elevator shaft? (Added 2/25/07, 6:32 PM)
A: There’s a death zone. It appears earlier if the elevator is not near the end of the shaft.

Last edited by Enanito; 02-25-2007 at 08:32 PM. .

Old   
Enanito Offline

06-19-2006 , 08:15 PM

Delta Halo

Q: Where is the Envy Skull?

Q: How do I get outside of the level?
A: It’s very easy. At some parts, you can simply jump outside of the level. At others, you can drive a ghost up the wall. Every area of Delta Halo has been explored.

Q: What is that huge mountain over there?
A: That would be Mt. Halo. The best method to get up there is with a ghost. You can get a VERY nice view from up there!

Q: I saw a floating vehicle collection on the extendable bridge! How did that happen?
A: You can bring vehicles onto the bridge before going through the checkpoint that triggers the bridge to be pulled in. Just climb over the mountains and avoid taking the normal route to the bridge. Anything that is on the bridge before it is pulled in will stay floating in mid air.

Q: How do I get into the lake?
A: Take a vehicle outside of the map. Drive around the lake until you can find a spot where you can drive safely into the lake. You can then explore the entire lake without fear of dying.

Q: I jumped on top of the last building of Delta Halo to see what was on the other side. I saw a gondola switch! Does it do anything?
A: To our knowledge, no. That switch is there for the next level, Regret. There is a gondola located exactly where that switch is. There have been many theories that this switch secretly unlocked some things on different maps, but all have been proven untrue. It’s simply an error in programming.

Q: I can make the jackals on top of the last building freeze! New? (Added 1/7/07, 2:44 PM)
A: Sorry, it's old. By shooting the jackal's beam rifle, it will cause them to freeze in place. You can go up and play with them for a while, and then knock them off into their watery grave, though.

Last edited by Enanito; 01-07-2007 at 04:44 PM. .

Old   
Enanito Offline

06-19-2006 , 08:17 PM

Regret

Q: Where is the Assassins Skull? (Revised 1/7/07, 2:46 PM)
Additonal Note:
This skull appears on every difficulty. The only way to activate it is to pick it up on Legendary.

Q: Where is “Hi Ben”? Why is it there?
A: “Hi Ben” is located in the first building on your right across the broken bridge as you exit the first building. Grenade launch across the bridge and head inside the right door. Hug the wall on your left and go through the door. Run into the corner immediately on your left and look up with your beam rifle. Zoom in to 10x and look at the ceiling. You should see “Hi Ben”. This message is there as a little comedy between two programmers of the map.

Q: How do I get into the lake from one of the elevator buildings?
A: This is the easiest way to get a player into the water. Watch this video of getting into the lake in co-operative mode. To do it in single player, stuff the three covenant ammo boxes from the elevator room into the elevator. Hit the switch and then jump on top when the elevator goes underwater. You will then be loaded on top of the elevator and can explore the lake.

Q: What is the green orb on Regret?
A: It’s a green plasma pistol orb located on top of Regret’s temple. HIH believes that this orb is what Regret needs in order to use his energy ray attack. It’s the same as the scarab needing a scarab gun to shoot.

Q: I’ve been having trouble with the Regret Boss Battle. Can you give me any tips?
A: Visit the Tutorial Sticky and look under the section for walkthroughs. Find Regret, and look at the section about the Boss Battle. In addition, you can perform a glitch to take down Regret faster. When you board Regret, pull the L trigger at the same time as you board him. You will damage him with a grenade and be able to punch him, which will severely weaken him.

Q: I found a ring of grenades in one of the rooms after the first elevator ride. What's the purpose of this? (Added 1/7/07, 2:47 PM)
A: No one really knows. It was simply called the Ring of Plasma Grenades (a fitting title), and theories raged on from there. At least we know where to get some extra grenades if we need them.

Last edited by Enanito; 01-07-2007 at 04:48 PM. .

Old   
Enanito Offline

06-19-2006 , 08:18 PM

Sacred Icon

Q: Where is the Mythic Skull?

Q: Who is Herbie? How do I make him invincible?
A: Herbie! He’s the grunt just outside of the first piston you encounter. To make him invincible, push him down the piston, but don’t let him jump down on his own, or else he won’t be invincible.

Q: How can I get to the bottom of Sacred Icon at the beginning?
A: There are two methods for getting down. One method is to hop on top of a repair sentinel and slowly sink all the way down to the bottom. The other is to corner ride down on one of the pillars, but it’s very difficult and would require a lot of practice.

Q: Has someone been to the top of the map?
A: Yep. They used a grenade pile to get up there.

Q: What about the gondola ride after the first enforcer? Has someone been to the top and bottom of those areas?
A: Yes they have. Here’s a video of that feat.

Q: I saw a green door way out in the distance of the second outside area. Can I get through there?
A: Nope. People have gotten over to that green door only to find a death barrier. It’s just another part of the scenery that Bungie thought would be funny to see us die at.

Q: Has anyone launched to the top of the Sentinel Wall at the end of Sacred Icon? Where it says, “100,000 Years War”?
A: Yes, someone has. It was an interesting launch too. They used the sniper tower and put a grenade pile under it. Here’s the video.

Q: Which areas of Sacred Icon am I invincible in?
A: Our good friends grumpy and Kratos supply a great tutorial for this glitch here.

Q: I heard you can carry this invincibility over to the next area. How?
A: This can only be done on co-op. Have one player get in the invincible area and the other go past. That player should jump off to his death. He will respawn in the invincible area. One of the players will be invincible. They can jump down and retain their invincibility. It can’t be carried over down the next piston though.

Last edited by Enanito; 02-25-2007 at 08:38 PM. .

Old   
Enanito Offline

06-19-2006 , 08:20 PM

Quarantine Zone

Q: Where is the Sputnik Skull?

Q: Has anyone been to the top of the Sentinel wall on this level?
A: They most certainly have. It’s amazing what a grenade pile can do for you.

Q: How can I get on the gondola without triggering the cutscene?
A: There are two methods. Both methods involve bypassing a checkpoint. The checkpoint is at the end of a room with fiery pillars leading into it. There are enforcers above you, flood charging down the hill on your right and sentinels on the left. The room leads to a darker room with more flood and sentinels. The first method is to launch yourself on top of the map and walk around the entire map, effectively getting past the checkpoint. The second method is to sword cancel above the checkpoint in that very hallway. This method is risky because you only get one shot at it. Otherwise, you have to restart the level.

Q: Has anyone ever made it to the bottom of the QZ Canyon? What about across to the other side?
A: The lord of QZ, KORHAL, has visited every single part of QZ. All of QZ has been explored.

Q: At the end of the level, I found two floating SMG’s! They never stopped shooting. Is this old?
A: Yes, this is old. You can trigger the SMG’s by launching over a wall to the human gondola, and then walking inside to find them. You can pick them up, but then they start running out of ammunition.

Q: Have we gotten inside the Index Chamber? How is it done?
A: Night Realm, KORHAL and POTS definitely have, and they’re proud of it! Here’s the video.

Q: I was running around on the Gondola, when all of a sudden I started gliding instead of running. Huh? (Added 1/10/06, 1:37 AM)
A: This is common for the QZ gondolas. The physics on the gondola are very abnormal, and it's not unusual to find yourself floating around trying to kill the flood.

Q: I found a sentinel…that shoots a needler. Am I in heaven? (Added 2/25/07, 6:30 PM)
A: Not quite. It was a small programming error for that one particular sentinel where the wrong weapon was assigned to it.

Last edited by Enanito; 02-25-2007 at 08:30 PM. .

Old   
Enanito Offline

06-19-2006 , 08:21 PM

Gravemind

Q: Where is the Angry Skull?
Note: This skull can be kept in your inventory as a third weapon. It's unknown why, but you just can.

Q: Has anyone gotten underneath the elevator in the first room of Gravemind? The one where Truth and Mercy were?
A: Yes, you can get down there. Slip underneath the elevator and then face the wall. The trick is to fall along the corners of the shaft to slow you down just a tiny bit. It’s a very ineffective corner ride, but it can be just enough to get down there.

Q: In the beginning of Gravemind when the elevator came up with the two brutes, I jumped and I soared into the air! Is this new?
A: No, this has been documented many a-time. Some videos include this one, as well as how to get back down from the ceiling, such as this one.

Q: Has anyone ever gotten to the audience stands at the first outside area?
A: Yes, they used a brute shot and a grenade to launch themselves over there.

Q: Where haven’t we been in Gravemind?
A: We have not been able to get inside the small space in the holding cells where the marines are and the bottom of the jail cell.

Last edited by Enanito; 02-25-2007 at 08:37 PM. .

Old   
Enanito Offline

06-19-2006 , 08:22 PM

Uprising

Q: Where is the Ghost Skull?

Q: How can I get down to the bottom of Uprising?
A: There are multiple ways. One way is to perform a corner ride at the very start of the level, right behind you. Another way is to progress through the level and reach the second outside area. Behind the two brutes and three jackals is a tall pillar. You can use weapons to slow you down and corner riding to get down the pillar.

Q: If I go to the Control Tower from Uprising, will the Black Eye skull be there?
A: The Black Eye skull will not be there. It only appears on the Great Journey.

Last edited by Enanito; 08-18-2006 at 03:09 AM. .

Old   
Enanito Offline

06-19-2006 , 08:24 PM

High Charity

Q: Where is the Iron Skull?

Q: Has anyone gotten to the bottom of High Charity?
A: Nope, and until someone can find a way to avoid the "fall timer" through means that don't involve a vehicle or corner riding, no one ever will. At the bottom of the large building to your right at the start of the level is a large drop that is too far to survive by normally falling.

Q: Has anyone reached the bottom of the Chandelier room?
A: No, but KORHAL got to the top. Here’s his very nice video.

Q: A couple rooms after the Chandelier room, there is a broken window that leads to another very large room. Have we been down there?
A: No again, and currently there aren’t any really good theories on how to get down there.

Last edited by Enanito; 08-18-2006 at 03:11 AM. .

Old   
Enanito Offline

06-19-2006 , 08:26 PM

Great Journey

Q: Where is the Black Eye Skull?

Q: What is the Zen Garden, and where is it?
A: The Zen Garden is inside the second room. There is a small canyon with brutes and jackals on the other side. If you look up, you can see an opening at the top. Up there is the Zen Garden. You can get up there by launching in a ghost or by yourself.

Q: Can I get to the bottom of the room with the Zen Garden?
A: Yeah. Jump down level by level. At some times you will need either a brute shot or a corner ride to slow you down, but eventually you can get to the bottom.

Q: Has someone gotten vehicles into the final battle room with Tartarus?
A: Yes. We have gotten a spectre, a banshee and even a wraith inside the control room with Tartarus.

Q: How do you replicate Johnson?
A: First, get a spectre into the final battle room. Get Johnson into the spectre and take him to the previous room. Pull him out of the spectre and wait for him to respawn at the control room. You can do this multiple times. Here’s a video of the duplication process.

Q: Where is the REX symbol in this level, and how do I get to it?
A: The REX symbol on this level is located on the very top of the Control Room. To get up there, use any form of launching that you are comfortable with. It’s a short launch, and there’s many ways to get up. If it helps, use the Ultimate Launching Tutorial and Discussion sticky.

Q: How do I find the Heretic Banshee?
A: When you meet up with the scarab, launch on top of the mountains to your left. Run across the mountains, and then come back down to where the beach meets the water. You should see the Heretic Banshee there.

Q: Right at the beginning of the level, there is a ledge that always kills me when I try to get down from it. Is there anyway down? (Added 1/6/07, 5:38 PM)
A: There's no way down...but you can get across to the pillars you see far away. You can launch yourself over to those pillars either with a grenade pile (need Sputnik, Black Eye and a co-op partner) or using the SPS technique on the spectre that is sitting there (Ultimate Launching Tutorial and Discussion).

Q: There are scarab guns on Outskirts and Metropolis because there are scarabs on those levels. Why is there no scarab gun on the Great Journey? (Added 3/13/07, 6:10 PM)
A: The answer is related to programming. Programmers will find ways to use the least amount of coding needed to complete a task. The simplest way to imitate the scarab blasts in Metropolis and Outskirts is to just put a scarab gun into the game because they didn't expect players to be able to obtain them. For the Great Journey, that option probably couldn't be used because the player would easily spot it. So, they made an actual scarab blast.

Last edited by Enanito; 03-12-2007 at 08:09 PM. .

Old   
Enanito Offline

06-19-2006 , 08:34 PM

For Anyone That Wants to Help With This Sticky:

If you decide that you want to help out, here's how you can:

You can make a post in this thread about a question that you believe is common knowledge. Make the question and give the answer in your post. I will consider your question, and either put it in the sticky or let you know why it shouldn't be in there.

The reason I might not add a question into the database is because the question is too vague or specific. If it's a question about a trick or a glitch that has been done, it should belong in the Question and Answer sticky unless the trick/glitch is asked about often (there is a link to the Q&A at the top of the page). Basically, if the the question is not a frequent question pondered by some newer members of the community, it should be in the Q&A sticky.

I hope everyone uses this resource well!

Last edited by Enanito; 01-06-2007 at 07:40 PM. .

Old   
Terminator Offline
Happy Cakes Monitor Man

06-19-2006 , 08:37 PM

Is it safe to post? It looks wrapped up... I'll delete this post if I need to, sorry. >_<

Old   
Enanito Offline

06-19-2006 , 08:43 PM

Yep, safe to post. Feel free to add information.