Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
SRL Offline
Banned

gosh - 08-28-2008 , 09:50 PM

I miss Halo 2. I miss having all the time in the world to play it. I miss the satisfaction of nailing someone right in the head with a sniper riffle. I miss landing that incredible launch.:(

If only I could turn back time. Its not like I can't play it now, but its just not the same, nothing seems to be anymore.

Old   
grumpy Offline

08-28-2008 , 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRL
I miss Halo 2. I miss having all the time in the world to play it. I miss the satisfaction of nailing someone right in the head with a sniper riffle. I miss landing that incredible launch.:(

If only I could turn back time. Its not like I can't play it now, but its just not the same, nothing seems to be anymore.
Same same.

X and I were thinking about doing a vid about bloopers but I don't know if we'll do it. Neither one of us is really into it. Although he has one super cool thing in OS that he should show. Hardly anybody watches anyway.

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

08-29-2008 , 02:29 AM

Well, Halo 1 hasn't lost any of its spunk. Come on over!

Old   
xlax007 Offline

08-29-2008 , 05:45 AM

same same same ;)

I miss Halo2 aswell. Well, the game is still there, but not how it was. Remember the times of messing around on headlong, butterflying to the top of the holy grail. Launch a hog in headlong with your friends. Playing Tower of power on ascension and zombies on Foundation? having a good team and smashing level 40's and getting your friends a lvl 39 and yourself a 36! It is all gone. Halo2 will never be the same. Today I end my subscription to xbox live.

I smashed a team yesterday o xbox live, they died 51 times and got 1 kill, me and a friend got 33 and 29 kills. It can bring back memories and still entertain, but it is over. I checked bungie.net yesterday and found something embaressing
number of players online: 241

I dont know If im lazy or just dont care about, but I somehow forgot to answer your PM grumpy. I dont exactly feel like making another montage. I finish my regret one and the outskirts grate and thats it.

Old   
Sonix Offline
2C > 8]D[

08-29-2008 , 06:29 AM

It seems this thread comes up every few months.

Old   
xlax007 Offline

08-29-2008 , 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonix3d
Because it is so true.

Halo 3 ruined halo2. Halo 2 could last for another 3 years, like counterstrike, but it is over.Tricking and having fun online are gone. thats it. punt. We have still the feeling how good the old times were, and that there is nothing left of it.

@Grumpy. I worked on the OS video, it is 34 minutes long but a BEAST. It takes a few days and then I will release it.

Old   
grumpy Offline

08-29-2008 , 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlax007
@Grumpy. I worked on the OS video, it is 34 minutes long but a BEAST. It takes a few days and then I will release it.
Do you mean with some of my stuff in there? I didn't think I gave you anything worth publishing.

I was thinking that anything I have should be chopped way down. Just show and go.

I've decided that you cannot get in the Scarab Hog (to save it) while it's moving. I made some bloopers of that fiasco. A year ago I made 50-100 attempts (with a CP) by sword-flying up to it. Never could capture a slow-mo to show the words 'press x' as I zipped past the Hog door.

Then, when you mentioned your grate stuff, I started playing coop a bit. I thought, since sword-flying = speed, that just launching with a nade would be much slower upon approaching the Hog. I used one nade because the Hog is not very high when it appears and I put the other player up-top (to film). I got exactly the right position underneath (also with a CP), and put a bunch of launches close to the door. No message to get in ever appeared. Maybe you can only get in a Hog while it's moving if it is occupied, idk. Anyway, phail, but some laughs.

Like we said, if you just want to publish your stuff, it's cool because I did have a good time. In fact, it's a long weekend and I may try for a perfect RL launch.

Old   
SRL Offline
Banned

08-30-2008 , 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonix3d
Its strange hearing me say it though.

Old   
Doubtful Offline
*fangirlscream*

Send a message via AIM to Doubtful
08-30-2008 , 07:20 PM

:(!

*sigh*

Chaos and I went back to Halo 2 for a game or two. It really brought back great memories. Once you go back to play H2, you notice the weirdest things and how they changed during Halo 3.

Old   
Tuo Offline

08-30-2008 , 11:51 PM

Halo 3 did kinda ruin it...and I can't even get it. :\

But hey, it could be worse, I have no link to XBL. Which sucks terribly.

Old   
dantheman87 Offline

09-10-2008 , 02:43 AM

What really get's me is when you hear a song that was used in a Halo video I've seen. Nostalgia just kind of overwhelms me sometimes. But what I miss the most is the many great people that used to trick here are mostly gone, aside from us few.

But hey, we had some great times. The Halo series was tons of fun and had the best story I've ever known in a game.

It's funny, the main reason I come here is to comment in threads like this one. It's nice to see that there are still some familiar faces.

:)

Old   
SRL Offline
Banned

09-10-2008 , 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman87 View Post
What really get's me is when you hear a song that was used in a Halo video I've seen. Nostalgia just kind of overwhelms me sometimes. But what I miss the most is the many great people that used to trick here are mostly gone, aside from us few.

But hey, we had some great times. The Halo series was tons of fun and had the best story I've ever known in a game.

It's funny, the main reason I come here is to comment in threads like this one. It's nice to see that there are still some familiar faces.

:)
I'm actually glade to see you and you know what, I randomly got the tricking bug and have continued tricking, but this time I am separating myself from the heard permanently. I've been doing nothing but hard as hell tricks. The first trick took me a week of on and off attempts. The video will make all of my other videos look like easy tricks. I've mainly been concentrating on very technical launches, launches that make you say....what....!!!

Dan, it will be several months before release, but I really want you to see it so please stick around. I want you, grumpy, terminator, x, Duelies, and Dollar to see it the most of anyone.

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

Send a message via MSN to BigGruntyThirst
09-10-2008 , 06:22 PM

luffles foar danneh!

Old   
Duelies Offline
HIH Archive Team/Monitor

09-10-2008 , 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRL View Post
Dan, it will be several months before release, but I really want you to see it so please stick around. I want you, grumpy, terminator, x, Duelies, and Dollar to see it the most of anyone.
Don't worry. I still lurk around these forums. I just don't post much. Maybe you should try that gondola to gondola launch in QZ I tried in my "Back to the Basics". That launch was ridiculously hard to get. I never actually got the launch but I know it's possible.

Old   
WTFILaggedOut Offline

09-10-2008 , 10:04 PM

it will make a come back... hopefully

Old   
SRL Offline
Banned

09-11-2008 , 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duelies View Post
Don't worry. I still lurk around these forums. I just don't post much. Maybe you should try that gondola to gondola launch in QZ I tried in my "Back to the Basics". That launch was ridiculously hard to get. I never actually got the launch but I know it's possible.
I plan on doing everything, I mean, just about everything that has been ignored, forgotten, or just not thought of. When a think about it, people haven't done a lot of stuff thats very possible.

Specially involving Metropolis. No one has launched any vehicle to the top of either tower in single player. They have only gotten one up there through co-op and through the pelican. No one has launched a tank up there, even in co-op.

Yesterday, I got all the marines throughout the level and did a great launch from the top of the marine HQ to the tower in a hog. I am also working on launching from around the bottom to the very very top, the light towers. It would just be too godly to land a vehicle from around the bottom to the actual top top, so I just imagine the towers aren't there, but then again, I think if I hit the barrier, then fell I could make it, if it were a ghost. :) Dam, I think I should try it, it would certainly be a launch to remember.

Old   
dantheman87 Offline

09-11-2008 , 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRL View Post
I'm actually glade to see you and you know what, I randomly got the tricking bug and have continued tricking, but this time I am separating myself from the heard permanently. I've been doing nothing but hard as hell tricks. The first trick took me a week of on and off attempts. The video will make all of my other videos look like easy tricks. I've mainly been concentrating on very technical launches, launches that make you say....what....!!!

I'm not goin' anywhere.

Don't worry about making something super epic. If it has your name on it, I'm watchin' it.:)

Old   
grumpy Offline

09-11-2008 , 12:50 AM

Quote:
I'm not goin' anywhere.

Don't worry about making something super epic. If it has your name on it, I'm watchin' it.:)
Good ol' Dan.

Old   
SRL Offline
Banned

09-11-2008 , 01:08 AM

Quote:
I'm not goin' anywhere.

I just want two of my biggest inspirations to see. You and Duelies amazed me so many times, even when I wasn't a member to comment. Duelies Trinity work blew my mind and your Mac Gun in SP and more, man its insane. I am glade to say I've been able to work with Duelies at least.

And then theres Terminator, like the best launcher ever! I've watched Purgatory at least 10 times, no joke. Its like the most amazing launch video ever, well besides Trinity, but that doesn't count, thats multiple people.

And Dollar and Grumpy must watch my videos, got to show them I am still owning up.:D

And X, I still think X has a lot of trick left in him, even if he doesn't realize it. I really badly want to inspire him, he is the new me, I swear it, he catches on incredibly fast. If only he realized how much he could rape Halo if he put his mind to it. He is just at a slump, one of several possibly. I've went through a lot of them, I'd say about 8 were I thought I wouldn't ever play again, but here I am now, still finding and doing new stuff. :)RAWR!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SUPERTRICKA!!!! LONG LASTING, EVEN BETTER THAN STRIDE

Old   
grumpy Offline

09-11-2008 , 05:01 PM

Quote:
What really get's me is when you hear a song
U2, 3 Goors Down, some Zeppelin, Pink Floyd; they can grab me. I see it as a good moment. Times were good and times were fun so I choose to remember it that way.