Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Related Categories Halo Trick Jumping Forum
Halo Trick Jumping Forum All Halo trick jumping discussion goes here. Clans, videos, competitions, superbouncing, this is the place.
Notices

Old   
Bob NLD Offline

Great Memories - 04-14-2010 , 03:55 PM

after quite some years playing halo 3 I thought today was the best day to come back to my childhood, halo 2.

After downloading all the map packs again (which takes 45 minutes!) I could finally play my all time favorite game.

At the beginning I was like, wtf, these controls are weird and why cant I fourshot people anymore? But then I remembered that you actually have to aim right at somebody's head instead of in front of him. mmmm... that actually took me a full game to find out:P (And that after playing non stop halo 2 since it's release till the release of h3:P)

After bxr'ing and four-shotting some amazing pro players in matchmaking I went on to the thing I loved most about halo 2 and miss the most in Halo 3. Yep, you can see it coming: Bouncing!!

Man, This is what I miss in halo 3. (almost) complete freedom in a map. Of course I couldnt do all the bounces first try, but after 15 minutes of getting back into the feeling I managed to get ontop of the x-building, then continued to the horshoe and from there got onto the pinguin building (can't remember it's name, sorry die hard h2 bouncers). And this is what I miss in H3.

That exact feeling when you succesfully land a bounce which you practiced on for so long back in the good old days. I've spend hours, days, weeks, trying to learn the x-builing bounces (a long time ago:P) but landing the jumps after so many years makes you think it was all worth it. Wow.

Then some guys on my friend list saw I was in halo 2 and joined the party with me. We brought back memories and then it was time for me to write this thread. sorry if you can't read my crappy english, I'm trying my best for you guys/girls(??) to read this.

Also, I don't really know why I'm writing this thread. Maybe the guys at Bungie brainwashed me!! Well, they can do to me whatever they want, because Bungie, Thanks for the awesome time!!!!!

special thanks to xlax for being the most awesome guy on xbl ever, thank you Rick for the great time we had.

EDIT: sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

Last edited by Bob NLD; 04-14-2010 at 04:01 PM. . Reason: 7char

Old   
SrGtNiCk Offline

Send a message via AIM to SrGtNiCk
04-14-2010 , 04:02 PM

good memories but they are gone now....

Old   
BLiNDFiRE Offline

04-14-2010 , 04:23 PM

Halo 2 will be greatly missed! im sad to see it go.. but theres plenty of things to remind us of the good ol days.

Old   
One Frosty Noob Offline

Send a message via AIM to One Frosty NoobSend a message via MSN to One Frosty Noob
04-14-2010 , 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrGtNiCk View Post
good memories but they are gone now....
No they are not if you really want to play halo you can. H2 is Not and will never be DEAD.

Old   
Skulk Offline

04-14-2010 , 04:34 PM

really wish I played it more in it's prime. Just now started really playing it a couple months ago when I found out it was going to be shut down. No memories fir me, but we CAN find a silver lining. Reach

RIP H2O

Old   
oOMaccyOo Offline

Send a message via AIM to oOMaccyOoSend a message via Skype™ to oOMaccyOo
04-14-2010 , 10:11 PM

i started playing halo2 for the first time 2 weeks ago and i think im gonna miss it

Old   
Disturbed685 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Disturbed685Send a message via MSN to Disturbed685
04-14-2010 , 10:48 PM

Best game ever tbh. No doubts about it. Nothing will ever come close to replacing it. Still gonna play it offline to bounce.

Old   
Alec Bounces Offline

04-14-2010 , 11:03 PM

Bouncing was the best. And I don't know why they are taking it out.

Old   
SrGtNiCk Offline

Send a message via AIM to SrGtNiCk
04-14-2010 , 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defying Physics Alec View Post
Alec you bounced? lies i hear

Old   
UnfunnyBuisness Offline
Life = break from 360

Send a message via ICQ to UnfunnyBuisnessSend a message via AIM to UnfunnyBuisnessSend a message via MSN to UnfunnyBuisnessSend a message via Yahoo to UnfunnyBuisnessSend a message via Skype™ to UnfunnyBuisness
04-15-2010 , 12:18 AM

Um... XBC?

Old   
Nofirefrog Offline
Hey There

04-15-2010 , 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defying Physics Alec View Post
Because they never "put it in". Bouncing was an accident. A pretty cool accident, but it certainly wasn't supposed to happen.

Nofirefrog

Years. YEARS. That's what I've given this site. It's been hilarious and maddening, mind numbing and thought provoking, moments of astonishment and headaches. The best thing this site has given me one the best community on the 'net. HIH will always be unparalleled.

Thanks for everything, you will be sorely missed.

Nofirefrog

Old   
Joshington Offline

Send a message via AIM to Joshington
04-15-2010 , 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofirefrog View Post
Because they never "put it in". Bouncing was an accident. A pretty cool accident, but it certainly wasn't supposed to happen.

Nofirefrog
probably the only reason I kept playing halo...

If superbouncing wasnt around I would just be on something ghey like MW2 now.

Old   
ReiKo Offline
Revival - TV

04-17-2010 , 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILJoshNgton View Post
probably the only reason I kept playing halo...

If superbouncing wasnt around I would just be on something ghey like MW2 now.
That's the only thing that kept you playing?

Everything about it was great. The fact that such a froodlenutzkieed up game was so "playable" is astounding. Probably one of the very rare FPS games that you could play by yourself for hours, wether it be bouncing, jumping, building forts, it took a long time to get bored with it.

Old   
CaptainCrunch41 Offline

04-17-2010 , 12:15 PM

Halo 2 was the greatest game in the world because it was so froodlenutzkieed up.

And that's why it'll never happen again. No matter how awesome Reach is.

Old   
Joshington Offline

Send a message via AIM to Joshington
04-17-2010 , 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiKo View Post
That's the only thing that kept you playing?

Everything about it was great. The fact that such a froodlenutzkieed up game was so "playable" is astounding. Probably one of the very rare FPS games that you could play by yourself for hours, wether it be bouncing, jumping, building forts, it took a long time to get bored with it.
i mean ii would have got bored eventually,this way i didnt burn out on playing slayer and stop liking it i just switched between both...

if that makes sense

Old   
Alec Bounces Offline

04-17-2010 , 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrGtNiCk View Post
Alec you bounced? lies i hear
Yep I did. I would mostly just do it with indapop tho.. So ya, I have to say that was one of the funnest things about halo