Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Related Categories Halo Trick Jumping Forum
Halo Trick Jumping Forum All Halo trick jumping discussion goes here. Clans, videos, competitions, superbouncing, this is the place.
Notices

Old   
Hybrid Offline

03-05-2011 , 06:06 PM

I loved it.

Old   
Exercy Offline

03-06-2011 , 12:40 AM

I liked your creativeness with the slides and evade jumps.. However, i would like to see more variety of jumps other than slides and ramps. also it would have been nice if u landed some of the jumps as a spartan.. overall a GREAT solo video.. Keep it up!

Old   
Tech Artist Offline
Goodbye HIH! <3

Send a message via AIM to Tech ArtistSend a message via MSN to Tech Artist
03-06-2011 , 02:43 AM

I liked the video. Some of the clips definitely needed some room on the start and end of them. The music selection needed to be more cohesive. We start out with what sounds like will be a very pumping and energetic track then it's this really mellow and chill song. It's just confusing and odd when that kinda shift happens that suddenly. Same goes with the end.

The jumps were pretty good though I would have like to have seen them done as a Spartan as they are used more then Elites are. I would definitely have like to have seen them done without removing Death Barriers as that would have added to the difficulty of them. Lastly, please, next time you are making a video, either jump on a custom map or at least remove all the spawn points that will be visible in your jump. It's really distracting to all of a sudden see spawn points and other Forge items.

Overall though I thought it was a good video. The jumps are what I liked the most. They have given me a few ideas for Zombie camping spots as well(the Powerhouse broken bridge one mainly if they haven't put a Death Barrier there).

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

03-06-2011 , 04:00 AM

I absolutely loved this, Team. Such an enjoyable video to watch. Wonderful old school feel to it. Great job, buddy!

http://comicflop.blogspot.com/

My comedy blog. Under construction.

Old   
Joshington Offline

Send a message via AIM to Joshington
03-06-2011 , 01:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jeD1VdQcZ0

upped to my channel..

tell me what channel to link in description?

Old   
The Voice Of Truth Offline

03-06-2011 , 05:36 PM

I don't see what this preoccupation people have with matchmaking map variants and forced character models is about, I don't remember most h3 video's being tactical.

Old   
Xwo Offline
It's all about having fun

Send a message via AIM to XwoSend a message via Skype™ to Xwo
03-06-2011 , 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Voice Of Truth View Post
I don't see what this preoccupation people have with matchmaking map variants and forced character models is about, I don't remember most h3 video's being tactical.
I don't remember most H3 videos having different gravity settings for different jumps.

I'll miss this website more than words can describe. I'm so incredibly sad to see it go. I want to say thanks to all the staff that have kept this place up and running for all this time. I'm proud to have been a part of such an amazing website and such a great community. Thanks for all the wonderful memories.

Farewell, HIH.

Xwo

Last edited by Resix; 03-06-2011 at 06:54 PM. . Reason: .

Old   
The Voice Of Truth Offline

03-06-2011 , 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xwo View Post
I don't remember most H3 videos having different gravity settings for different jumps.
It doesn't look like he modified their gravity or jump height settings at all. If you mean the Elites being half as close to h3 jump height as the Spartans, I'd think one might as well dislike anything with evade or sprint because they have different speeds than other jumps, which is fair enough if that's your preference. I just seem to remember most jump video's having jumps that make you want to try them (which for me, this certainly did), or one's that look impressive, but that could just be the one's that stick out in my memory. I don't however remember that many just for matchmaking gametypes/maps, which is the first thing that comes to mind that involves usermap death barriers and forced character variants.

Last edited by The Voice Of Truth; 03-06-2011 at 07:12 PM. . Reason: .

Old   
Joshington Offline

Send a message via AIM to Joshington
03-06-2011 , 08:02 PM

whats the problem with xwo saying cept for those videos that faked jumps and mentioning some?

like if you have to lower the gravity and use invisible monitors and stuff its really your own fault and you deserved to be called on it.

or is it just because one of the monitors wants to pretend that he/she and a few others didnt make fake jumps which they claimed were real

no doubt if resix is reading this, the innocent question will be deleted...

I honest to god want to know the answer im not trying to troll or anything I just want to know when the forum rules were editied to say you cant mention these things?

Its not like its insulting anyone, they made the video themselves they obviously knew what they were doing?

Last edited by Joshington; 03-06-2011 at 08:14 PM. . Reason: .

Old   
Xwo Offline

03-06-2011 , 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Voice Of Truth View Post
It doesn't look like he modified their gravity or jump height settings at all. If you mean the Elites being half as close to h3 jump height as the Spartans, I'd think one might as well dislike anything with evade or sprint because they have different speeds than other jumps, which is fair enough if that's your preference. I just seem to remember most jump video's having jumps that make you want to try them (which for me, this certainly did), or one's that look impressive, but that could just be the one's that stick out in my memory. I don't however remember that many just for matchmaking gametypes/maps, which is the first thing that comes to mind that involves usermap death barriers and forced character variants.
If you don't get it by now, nevermind.

I'll miss this website more than words can describe. I'm so incredibly sad to see it go. I want to say thanks to all the staff that have kept this place up and running for all this time. I'm proud to have been a part of such an amazing website and such a great community. Thanks for all the wonderful memories.

Farewell, HIH.

Xwo

Last edited by Xwo; 03-06-2011 at 08:39 PM. . Reason: .

Old   
aLIM258 Offline

03-06-2011 , 09:15 PM

pretty fly i really enjoyed it. props

Old   
CleverMrpickle Offline

Send a message via AIM to CleverMrpickleSend a message via MSN to CleverMrpickle
03-07-2011 , 11:57 PM

+1 for Gorillaz, mainly cause thats by far my favorite song off their album to just chill out.
+1 for Old Schoolness
+1 for Not caring about being an Elite
-1 for No Shout Out >:( JK

I really liked the video, I'd rather just watch jumps for what they are and not for the editing, so a Laid back video was awesome. Hit me up to jump sometime.

Old   
TeamAmerica1 Offline
Music and more music.

Send a message via AIM to TeamAmerica1Send a message via MSN to TeamAmerica1Send a message via Skype™ to TeamAmerica1
03-08-2011 , 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xwo View Post
Not sure what you mean here, I didn't adjust the gravity or speed settings at all. I agree with JBart when he says jumping as an Elite is more similar to Halo 2 jump height than jumping as a Spartan is.

Old   
Xwo Offline

03-09-2011 , 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAmerica1 View Post
Not sure what you mean here, I didn't adjust the gravity or speed settings at all. I agree with JBart when he says jumping as an Elite is more similar to Halo 2 jump height than jumping as a Spartan is.
I'm just saying that most people in Reach are jumping as Spartans. Elites jump a lot higher than spartans, and it seems similar to raising the gravity in my opinion.

Farewell, HIH.

Xwo

Old   
AllShallPerish Offline

Location: I've walked down the road just to find that I'm alone.
Send a message via ICQ to AllShallPerishSend a message via AIM to AllShallPerish
03-09-2011 , 06:34 PM

I just realized that I haven't commented on your video, yet, so I figured I'd do so now.
This is a very enjoyable video, I can tell that you had a lot of fun landing all those jumps! It has kind of a Halo 2 feeling about it, which I especially liked about it!
However, I expected you to use some different music . It's all good, though, I'm fine with your choice, haha.

ASP

Old   
JBart Offline

Send a message via AIM to JBartSend a message via MSN to JBart
03-09-2011 , 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllShallPerish View Post
However, I expected you to use some different music . It's all good, though, I'm fine with your choice, haha.

ASP
Born of Osiris? That's all he talks about lately haha

Old   
then3wguy Offline

03-19-2011 , 01:38 AM

I felt like I was watching a halo 2 video the entire time. This means I loved it.